Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will there be a GTA game on the Nintendo DS?

20 replies to this topic
MarinesRFriendly
  • MarinesRFriendly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 June 2006 - 11:33 PM

Wouldn't it be awesome using the touch screen? It would be probably be used for a map or mini games. More vehicles and more 3D would be cool too. But still, could you please answer if any of this is true? Thanks. (if you do) (lol) biggrin.gif

Mclenz
  • Mclenz

Jack Bauer

• Members

Posted 11 June 2006 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (MarinesRFriendly @ Jun 5 2006, 18:33)
Wouldn't it be awesome using the touch screen? It would be probably be used for a map or mini games. More vehicles and more 3D would be cool too. But still, could you please answer if any of this is true? Thanks. (if you do) (lol) biggrin.gif

The Sequel to Advance is GTAIII, it set up the game. But yeah putting GTAIII on DS or PSP would make rockstar more money than they could handle.

.Victom
  • .Victom

rawr!

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2006 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE (Mclenz @ Jun 11 2006, 01:42)
Wouldn't it be awesome using the touch screen? It would be probably be used for a map or mini games. More vehicles and more 3D would be cool too. But still, could you please answer if any of this is true? Thanks. (if you do)  (lol) biggrin.gif

The Sequel to Advance is GTAIII, it set up the game. But yeah putting GTAIII on DS or PSP would make rockstar more money than they could handle.

GTA3 is on PSP, Liberty City Stories. Unless you mean original PS2 GTA 3.

Mclenz
  • Mclenz

Jack Bauer

• Members

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (.Victom @ Jun 11 2006, 03:02)
QUOTE (Mclenz @ Jun 11 2006, 01:42)
Wouldn't it be awesome using the touch screen? It would be probably be used for a map or mini games. More vehicles and more 3D would be cool too. But still, could you please answer if any of this is true? Thanks. (if you do)  (lol) biggrin.gif

GTA3 is on PSP, Liberty City Stories. Unless you mean original PS2 GTA 3.

Liberty City is already on the PSP but GTA3 isn't, the storyline was great and it was probably the most popular GTA, followed by San Andreas.

VforV
  • VforV

Not. F*cking. Funny.

• Members

Posted 20 June 2006 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (MarinesRFriendly @ Jun 5 2006, 23:33)

If they can do it with Need for Speed Most Wanted, then why they can't do it with GTA III? They just have to do like they have done with GTA2 for GBC.

krayzed896
  • krayzed896

Dat Nigga Jay

• Members

Posted 23 June 2006 - 08:27 AM Edited by krayzed896, 23 June 2006 - 08:30 AM.

That would be pretty awsome, but sadly in my opinion if GTA did come out on DS, it won't be like the PSP version, it would be like Advance. But here are a few things I would like to see if it came out on DS.

-WIFI/LAN 4player free roam, deathmatch
-with 4player mode able to all get in a car(4 seater), and if equiped with an uzi there screen is brought down to touch screen and they can touch whatever and thats where they shoot at while in the car (people who arn't driving)
-3D driving (Need for Speed perspective)
-Mark things on you map on the touchscreen
-customize what your character looks like
-make you own symbol and it shows up on your garage
-different clothes to choose from wearing (like LCS, and one shirt has your symbol on it)
-Able to use touchscreen for driving(so you can make easy or real sharp turns)
I dunno you can add to the list if ya want it's just what I would like to see. Good Topic And to my knowledge it doesn't seem any GTA is coming to DS.

BTW I'm a DS owner 4 lyfe. biggrin.gif

Smallo
  • Smallo

ARGH!!!!! Smallo

• Members

Posted 23 June 2006 - 11:35 PM

Able to use touchscreen for driving(so you can make easy or real sharp turns

yeh touch screen like 007's car in Tomorrow Never Dies That'll be cool

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 01 July 2006 - 10:38 PM Edited by epoxi, 01 July 2006 - 10:40 PM.

To be honest, my sister has a DS...and it's rubbish, there's no way R* will make a DS GTA. It would be too hard to limit the game to ridiculously low specs:
  • The 8KB cache
  • 0.125 GB cartrisge (PSP UMD discs have 1.8GB capacity...14x as much)
  • 64x fewer colours than the PSP (less processing needed, but rubbish game experience)
  • A petty digital control (I don't care whatever anyone says about touchscreens: I have a SonyEricsson P800 and P900 with better games than the DS, but 'touchscreening' is irritating on games and should be left to PDAs)
  • 8x less RAM than the PSP (4MB vs. PSP's 32MB [plus 4MBDRAM])
  • Over 5x slower WiFi than PSP: throwing multiplayer gaming out the window
  • Two screens = wasted processing power
According to Gmaespot GTA:LCS was supposed to be "one-dimensional" and didn't quite "squeeze everything that makes the GTA series so special" onto its UMD disc.

This was on the technological miracle of gaming, so think how poor it would be on the fag-end of the handheld gaming market that is the DS...

Plus, it's not a sensible investment for R*: there are probably ten or twenty times more GTA entheusiasts with a PSP than a DS...meaning the company could in fact lose money by making such a game.

Coolyfett
  • Coolyfett

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (epoxi @ Jul 1 2006, 22:38)
To be honest, my sister has a DS...and it's rubbish, there's no way R* will make a DS GTA. It would be too hard to limit the game to ridiculously low specs:
  • The 8KB cache
  • 64x fewer colours than the PSP (less processing needed, but rubbish game experience)
  • A petty digital control (I don't care whatever anyone says about touchscreens: I have a SonyEricsson P800 and P900 with better games than the DS, but 'touchscreening' is irritating on games and should be left to PDAs)
According to Gmaespot GTA:LCS was supposed to be "one-dimensional" and didn't quite "squeeze everything that makes the GTA series so special" onto its UMD disc.

This was on the technological miracle of gaming, so think how poor it would be on the fag-end of the handheld gaming market that is the DS...

Plus, it's not a sensible investment for R*: there are probably ten or twenty times more GTA entheusiasts with a PSP than a DS...meaning the company could in fact lose money by making such a game.

I love those guys that can predict the future.

"there's no way R* will make a DS GTA".

greebo-man
  • greebo-man

Hello

• Members

Posted 06 October 2008 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Coolyfett @ Aug 6 2008, 21:40)

• The 8KB cache

Is this what you do?

Rake through these age-old topics to try and infer stupidity upon our fellow forumers?

If so, I like it. Keep it up. cool.gif

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (greebo-man @ Oct 6 2008, 18:47)
QUOTE (Coolyfett @ Aug 6 2008, 21:40)

• The 8KB cache

Is this what you do?

Rake through these age-old topics to try and infer stupidity upon our fellow forumers?

If so, I like it. Keep it up. cool.gif

I believe this is not the first time either.

Anyway, what about a GTA game on the Wii? Can I predict the future? biggrin.gif

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 08 October 2008 - 09:13 PM

Or a GTA on Atari, perhaps?

Also what's with the topic bumping and the whole Chinatown Wars obsession this guys got?

Mince
  • Mince

Ménage à trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 09 October 2008 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Oct 8 2008, 21:13)

Also what's with the topic bumping and the whole Chinatown Wars obsession this guys got?

Well, according to the mods, HandiThug is just another account for Coolyfett.
That would explain the obsession over CW, but not how he seems to actually LIKE VCS and LCS...

And isn't the Atari OLD?

Anyway, we are just spamming here, so...

Failure
  • Failure

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (mincemate003 @ Oct 9 2008, 10:57)
QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Oct 8 2008, 21:13)

Well, according to the mods, HandiThug is just another account for Coolyfett.
That would explain the obsession over CW, but not how he seems to actually LIKE VCS and LCS...

And isn't the Atari OLD?

Anyway, we are just spamming here, so...

It doesn't matter, this place is empty and nearly mod free, nevertheless, I shall report and request lock.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:21 PM

What's the point? The topic was inactive for nearly 20 days before you replied there.

Failure
  • Failure

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (Flesh-n-Bone @ Oct 26 2008, 20:21)
What's the point? The topic was inactive for nearly 20 days before you replied there.

Woops, sorry about that.

1yoyo105
  • 1yoyo105

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2008 - 02:30 AM

gta chinatown wars is said to come out exclusively for the ds... tounge2.gif

darius940304
  • darius940304

• Members

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (1yoyo105 @ Dec 20 2008, 04:30)