Photo

What should be the new thing?

59 replies to this topic
Sqez
  • Sqez

The Wheelman

• Members

Posted 31 May 2006 - 11:07 PM

Well, in every GTA, there's always been something 'new'. GTA3 brought Grand Theft Auto to 3D. Vice City gave helicopters and motorcycles, and San Andreas had TONS of new things? What do you think should be the new thing for Vice City Stories. It can be narrowed down to PSP, like Jetpack, or Swimming. But you can also say completely new things like Submarines, Hovercraft, House Customization, etc.

Tell me your thoughts

-Sqez

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 31 May 2006 - 11:22 PM

it would be cool to have jet ski's or like jumping of mountains with hang gliders that would be so much fun

whatafung
  • whatafung

Rock hard, Party harder

• Members

Posted 31 May 2006 - 11:46 PM

Jet ski's would be awsome I would like to see sky diving and more gore.

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 01 June 2006 - 12:55 AM

I always wondered why gta never had jet skis, I had that in my wishlist for San Andreas. I doubt Rockstar will upgrade it much though, they might not even have helicopters or planes in it, but I dunno. Maybe they're able to do more since LCS came out.

[SiC:]TeamLeader
  • [SiC:]TeamLeader

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (Seddo87 @ May 31 2006, 23:22)
it would be cool to have jet ski's or like jumping of mountains with hang gliders that would be so much fun

LMAO...dude, there is no mountains in Vice City..

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE ([SiC:]TeamLeader @ Jun 1 2006, 08:43)
QUOTE (Seddo87 @ May 31 2006, 23:22)

LMAO...dude, there is no mountains in Vice City..

i no yeah, but i was just talking generaly about gta,

GTAVC05
  • GTAVC05

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 01 June 2006 - 11:15 PM

it may sound stupid, but scooters would be cool. also, remember the peds on roler skates on ocean drive? i think we should kill them for their skates. and submarines will not be in vcs because then rockstar would have to make an ocean floor.

Drumbum1234
  • Drumbum1234

Drums

• Members

Posted 01 June 2006 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (GTAVC05 @ Jun 1 2006, 23:15)
it may sound stupid, but scooters would be cool. also, remember the peds on roler skates on ocean drive? i think we should kill them for their skates. and submarines will not be in vcs because then rockstar would have to make an ocean floor.

they could have a low limit just like they have a height limit..... good idea?

Jamming
  • Jamming

[AP] Assassins in Paradise [AP]

• Members

Posted 02 June 2006 - 02:11 AM

Purchase furniture for your safe house.

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 June 2006 - 07:44 PM

Submarines would be good, but what all GTAs so far have lacked is any interesting or worthy things in the sea. Granted that they didnt really need to in LC or VC but in SA you had a better range of boats and you had swimming, and there really wasn't anything there to make you want to go back in.

So ship wrecks an various sea creatures in and out of the sea on the beaches would be a good addition to that area.

but maybe for VCS that's a little too much to ask for?

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdaveô

• Members

Posted 03 June 2006 - 06:41 PM

LCS didnít have anything new. Obviously the storyline was new but there wasnít anything in the game that we hadnít had before.

I donít think VCS requires "a new thing" either. VC was a great success and in many gamers eyes is the best GTA game. I just think Rockstar will add things here and there to improve it like more interiors, different music on the radio, new or old characters, etc.

At the end of the day people will buy this regardless of what's in it, just because itís a GTA game. They have every right to also, because when has Rockstar ever let us (the gamers) down?

kletus
  • kletus

guy who loves gta

• Members

Posted 05 June 2006 - 08:40 AM

swimming is a must. there is so much water in vice city. nice beaches(hope the beach is smaller) that you can swim at. it is a tropical place and when your in a tropical place the one thing you do is swim

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdaveô

• Members

Posted 05 June 2006 - 09:33 AM

Admittedly the beach took up a lot of unused space in VC, I canít see Rockstar making it smaller though. It's the same setting so it really has to be to the same map size.

Forelli_Boy
  • Forelli_Boy

Your chance to repent on the way downstairs.

• Members

Posted 05 June 2006 - 02:12 PM

If they're gonna keep the same huge beach as in Vice City then they might as well have more stuff to do there than the RC track and leaving blood treads on the beach towels. Then again the only thing I can think of is a BF Injection Rally.

jrt
  • jrt

Me Against The World

• Members

Posted 05 June 2006 - 05:28 PM

How about car modding? I'd love to juice up the Sabre Turbo.

Drumbum1234
  • Drumbum1234

Drums

• Members

Posted 05 June 2006 - 07:41 PM

if they include swimming i think it would be cool if they could include like a high tide and a low tide feature

ybakker
  • ybakker

• Members

Posted 05 June 2006 - 09:34 PM

MORE CROWDS!!!!!!! make it more city like!
The beaches were totally EMPTY. Not like a beach at all...

And then of course the jet ski. That's an awesome idea. why not?!?

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2006 - 11:11 PM Edited by CCPD, 06 June 2006 - 01:06 AM.

How about putting some Water Scooters in the game? I think they would be as fun as bikes. I also was thinking that maybe the main character could take the piss from time to time? Same thing as hunger in SA, the longer you wait the slower the main character will run and maybe his walking will change. Also if you are taking the piss on the street and a cop sees you then you get one wanted star for inappropriate public behavior. If you hold it for too long then you get wet pants and peds laugh at you or something like that.

I agree with the fact that beach was too deserted, so more peds need to be put there and maybe some of them could play Beach Volleyball. Also the main character could have some driving and/or running races on the beach to make it more usable. Last but not least, new peds with skateboards. You can kick them off it and use it as alternative transportation or as the weapon or both. You also could do checkpoint missions on it.

What do you think?

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (CCPD @ Jun 5 2006, 23:11)
If you holds it for too long then you get wet pants and peds laugh at you or something like that.

HAHA! that would be so funny.

anyways I love the jet-ski also when your at the heli pad at the police station on second island, if you go accross the road you can go inside this building. they should have more interiors like that.

and of course submarines, i would love to be able to just go under water and see shiprecks. and of course, surface and hit peds driving on their jet-ski's lol

DJ-Jelly-Doughnut
  • DJ-Jelly-Doughnut

Sociopath

• Members

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:08 AM

@ Topic starter, there were hovercrafts in San andreas...

GTAn00b
  • GTAn00b

huh?

• Members

Posted 08 June 2006 - 04:53 AM Edited by GTAn00b, 08 June 2006 - 05:00 AM.

For pedestrians to walk with their dogs. I'd love for a dog to bite me in the ass after I've kicked him. I'd shoot him for fun once (hopefully he won't die) and he'd run off and if I kicked him, he'd chase after me trying to bite my ass and for the record I wouldn't towards him in risk of getting something else bitten. Oh yes, and I would like Tommy to be able to swim. I think it'd be difficult to escape death on many occasions if he can't swim. Lastly, the meter bar for health rather than the number and stronger armor. Peace!

pbarb
  • pbarb

Savage bout my Cabbage

• Members

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (jrt @ Jun 5 2006, 17:28)
How about car modding? I'd love to juice up the Sabre Turbo.

I agree with this guy, car modding should be a staple in all future GTA releases. Its just to cool to go without...

Steve.
  • Steve.

R.I.P Shane/Kutt.

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (saintdave @ Jun 3 2006, 18:41)
LCS didnít have anything new. Obviously the storyline was new but there wasnít anything in the game that we hadnít had before.

I donít think VCS requires "a new thing" either. VC was a great success and in many gamers eyes is the best GTA game. I just think Rockstar will add things here and there to improve it like more interiors, different music on the radio, new or old characters, etc.

At the end of the day people will buy this regardless of what's in it, just because itís a GTA game. They have every right to also, because when has Rockstar ever let us (the gamers) down?

You sure about that, Dave? I don't remember there being bikes in GTA3 tounge.gif .

palaric8
  • palaric8

pEAcE And lOve YEAHhH!!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 June 2006 - 11:07 PM

what vice city needs is more houses,streets, they could take space of the beach

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 08 June 2006 - 11:29 PM

ooops *deleted*

zombieboy
  • zombieboy

The Modern age of Punk age

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 June 2006 - 02:35 AM

A Jetski sounds good

MafiaMan4
  • MafiaMan4

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 June 2006 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (Jakebraker @ Jun 1 2006, 00:55)
I always wondered why gta never had jet skis, I had that in my wishlist for San Andreas. I doubt Rockstar will upgrade it much though, they might not even have helicopters or planes in it, but I dunno. Maybe they're able to do more since LCS came out.

GTA probally nevered had Jet Skis becasue it probally didnt look smooth enough, I think theyll have a helicopter in it...maybe one or two, i dont know about planes, because, i think theyre just tryin to make u feel more at home ya know?

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2006 - 01:49 AM

Jetskis would be great, especially with that nice water and those beaches. But...there should be other peds with them, and the beach needs to have alot more peds, maybe some volleyball, parties, bars, you know. If you've seeen Police Academy 5, then you know what I'm talking about.

I want a new island, far out at sea. You shouldn't be able to see it from a far distance. Maybe have your own mansion on the island as well? I'm working on a VC mod for that, msyelf. I hope R* does it for VC.

I want the Clover, and some more muscle cars. And some more stuff underwater, maybe even some caverns! Then you have a reason for a submarine.

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 11 June 2006 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (GTAn00b @ Jun 7 2006, 21:53)
For pedestrians to walk with their dogs. I'd love for a dog to bite me in the ass after I've kicked him. I'd shoot him for fun once (hopefully he won't die) and he'd run off and if I kicked him, he'd chase after me trying to bite my ass and for the record I wouldn't towards him in risk of getting something else bitten. Oh yes, and I would like Tommy to be able to swim. I think it'd be difficult to escape death on many occasions if he can't swim. Lastly, the meter bar for health rather than the number and stronger armor. Peace!

To be honest, the idea of animals in the game is just wrong. Animal cruelty should be kept out of GTA, along with children. If you could kill animals, or hurt them, I could see alot more opposition to the series.

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2006 - 04:03 AM Edited by TheDude5000, 11 June 2006 - 04:05 AM.

Animals have been in games for years, and I don't really remember any controversy over this subject.

Resident Evil-Blowing zombie rotweilers away.
MGS3-Plenty of wildlife in the jungle
CS-Chickens..

Sure there are others I don't remember about right now...oh yeah, Deer Hunter.

And let's not forget the king of animal based violence...Postal 2.

You can piss on animals, you can kick them, you can shoot them, you can even throw gas on them, followed by a lit match. Damn, I can't wait to reinstall this game.

I don't want animals in VC, but I would prefer wild animals in GTA 4, in the wilderness, rather than pets. Who could say no to a huge shark out at sea? Sasquatch? Come on.

Maybe a solid shark with animations that could attack you wouldn't be such a bad idea for VC Stories.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users