Photo

Map cleaning...

9 replies to this topic
The-end
  • The-end

It's time to go home

• Members

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:15 AM

When ever i clean the sa map with Steve-m's map cleaner it leaves the car paths, how do i get rid of the car paths?

Also i willbe starting a island soon, i am just wondering, after cleaning the map does that free up all the ide/col slot's so i don't hit the 5 limit?

Thanks in advance guys smile.gif icon14.gif

xrk
  • xrk

• Members

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:35 AM Edited by xrk, 26 May 2006 - 07:41 AM.

You need to change the popcycle.dat to clear up the random traffic and nope the 5 model limit doesn't count after you wipe the map.

The-end
  • The-end

It's time to go home

• Members

Posted 26 May 2006 - 02:33 PM

Thanks for the info and link mate icon14.gif

xrk
  • xrk

• Members

Posted 26 May 2006 - 03:03 PM

wink.gif
Though I probably should have said that the limit is the same but by deleting the Sa map you have freed up a load of ID's and are able to use the spaces it's models took up.

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 26 May 2006 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (The-end @ May 26 2006, 09:15)
When ever i clean the sa map with Steve-m's map cleaner it leaves the car paths, how do i get rid of the car paths?

The paths are in nodes*.dat inside your gta3.img, but simply deleting these files will crash the game. Also, back when I last tried I wasn't able to create empty files that the game accepts. So no, apparently it's not possible to remove the paths yet.

The-end
  • The-end

It's time to go home

• Members

Posted 26 May 2006 - 04:25 PM

Okey dokey, thanks for the info steve. ill just use the file that xrk sent me, which sest all the spawning values to 0 so they don't apear icon14.gif

The-end
  • The-end

It's time to go home

• Members

Posted 27 May 2006 - 10:06 AM

Ok, this isnt working, i cleaned the sa map with the remover, patched the water and scm, tryed the game and it didnt work, so then i added my model to the img, and wrote the ide/ipl entrys, game still didnt load, but when looking in the map editor i can see the island.

How do i fix it, it gets about a 1/4 way through loading and crashs.

I also tryed it without patching the water and scm, still didnt work.

ChrisBenoit!
  • ChrisBenoit!

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 May 2006 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE (The-end @ May 27 2006, 10:06)
Ok, this isnt working, i cleaned the sa map with the remover, patched the water and scm, tryed the game and it didnt work, so then i added my model to the img, and wrote the ide/ipl entrys, game still didnt load, but when looking in the map editor i can see the island.

How do i fix it, it gets about a 1/4 way through loading and crashs.

I also tryed it without patching the water and scm, still didnt work.

Yeah
I have the same problem!
When about a 1/4 - 1/2 way through loading, crash the game confused.gif

The-end
  • The-end

It's time to go home

• Members

Posted 27 May 2006 - 11:52 AM

Yeah it sucks, because i have a week of school, and was going to do a stunt island, but i carnt untill this is fixed sad.gif

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 30 May 2006 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (The-end @ May 26 2006, 18:25)
Okey dokey, thanks for the info steve. ill just use the file that xrk sent me, which sest all the spawning values to 0 so they don't apear icon14.gif

Hmm, seems I was wrong with the paths, just did a test again and empty paths do work.

Download empty path nodes (745 Bytes)

Place the nodes.img in your \models directory, delete all nodes*.dat from gta3.img (64 files), and add this line to your gta.dat:
CODE
IMG models\nodes.img

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users