Photo

Real GTA3 Timetwister

11 replies to this topic
lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 25 May 2006 - 09:34 PM

Hi, I know this has been asked before, just that i couln't find it , so here we go:

Is there a Real GTA3 version of Time Twister? Thanks.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 May 2006 - 11:59 PM

Nope. Well, they've never been consciously integrated.

I'm not 100% on what Real GTA3 actually changes, but if it's just maps/cars/miscellaneous stuff, you should be able to install it and just use Timetwister's main.scm instead of the default. BACKUP FIRST!!!

Dem will know for sure.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 26 May 2006 - 12:17 AM

I know Timetwister aslo has a minor gxt change as well. But those two mods should easy to combine.

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 26 May 2006 - 12:42 AM

No , you are misunderstanding. Demarest made a Real GTA3 version of Timetwister, just coulnd't find it. Wondered if one of you guys knew where it was.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 May 2006 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (lord fido @ May 26 2006, 10:42)
No , you are misunderstanding. Demarest made a Real GTA3 version of Timetwister, just coulnd't find it. Wondered if one of you guys knew where it was.

Knowing Dem, it's probably going to be hosted on his site somewhere. Check it out - tfads.com.

That said, you don't need it. As long Real GTA3 doesn't edit the mission script - and regardless of whether it edits the gxt - you'll be able to install Real GTA3 and use the TT main.scm. Combing the two edited gxt's will also work, but isn't necessary as the game will still run (just without minor texts visible). At any rate, merging the gxt's isn't a hard process.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 26 May 2006 - 01:33 AM

I'm pretty sure just one version of Timetwister exists. But like Fuzzy said, the same version would work with Real GTA3. And if I remember right, the only gxt change was the entry that's used everytime the game is saved.

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 26 May 2006 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ May 26 2006, 01:33)
I'm pretty sure just one version of Timetwister exists. But like Fuzzy said, the same version would work with Real GTA3. And if I remember right, the only gxt change was the entry that's used everytime the game is saved.

I'm pretty sure there IS one. Just need to ask him , but he has been missing for some time.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 26 May 2006 - 03:35 AM

Some time? I just talked to him this morning. And the night before that as well.

And I don't know what would be different with a Real GTA3 Timetwister. The only thing that's different is the appearance of the game. None of the storyline is changed. So I don't see why a second version would be coded anyway.

helegad133
  • helegad133

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2006 - 03:37 AM

Talked to him? Like physically, face-to-face? Or online?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 26 May 2006 - 05:14 AM Edited by benisablink182fan, 26 May 2006 - 05:20 AM.

Pfffft.

I converted the TT gxt to the RealGTA3 one, with correct car names, etc., and gave it to Dem. It was one of my first modding achievements, and also my first encounter with his infamous ToughLove™ wink.gif. It's online I think, just not on a page on his site. I'll hassle him to get it up wink.gif.

As for the scm, no, no changes there.

And yes, believe it or not, Demarest is a real person (and that IS actually his real name) tounge.gif!

EDIT - Ok, just hassled him a bit. He's too lazy to come check it out himself, but he did give me a link.

Enjoy.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:29 AM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ May 25 2006, 20:33)
And if I remember right, the only gxt change was the entry that's used everytime the game is saved.

I don't remember what all was changed, but off the top of my head, you forgot the introductory message tounge.gif

There have been 6 different Timetwisters, though they only varied by small corrections that were needed.

Last but not least, Ben gets all the credit. He was the one that made the GXT for Timetwister + Real GTA3.

Lazy indeed. I'd slap you around for that, but I'm just too damn lazy to cool.gif

lord fido
  • lord fido

Retired gangbanger

• Members

Posted 26 May 2006 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (Demarest @ May 26 2006, 07:29)
QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ May 25 2006, 20:33)
And if I remember right, the only gxt change was the entry that's used everytime the game is saved.

I don't remember what all was changed, but off the top of my head, you forgot the introductory message tounge.gif

There have been 6 different Timetwisters, though they only varied by small corrections that were needed.

Last but not least, Ben gets all the credit. He was the one that made the GXT for Timetwister + Real GTA3.

Lazy indeed. I'd slap you around for that, but I'm just too damn lazy to cool.gif

Thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users