Photo

ps3 vs 360

42 replies to this topic
ATK
  • ATK

Drive Slow

• Feroci Racing

Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:27 PM

I was wondering if Sony released how much they will be pricing thier games at. WIll it be $59.99USD like the 360 or higher?

Alex73191
  • Alex73191

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2006 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ May 18 2006, 20:32)
I'm with the Wii as well. But out of those two. I'd go with PS3. The only big game I'm interested in on 360 is GTA. And it's gonna be on PS3 as well.

Yeah it's more money, and it will probably change the normal price of video game consoles forever (after this next generation, I can't imagine a console under $200 that isn't sporting a nintendo logo), But it's gonna be the best.

i'm not worried about the price of the games cause i just rent them. wink.gif

All this Crap
  • All this Crap

aaj bhi yahaan

• Members

Posted 19 May 2006 - 04:44 PM

Price wise I don't think Sony made a big mistake. The Xbox 360 HD-DVD add-on is going to be $100/$200 dollars. This brings the price of the 360 premium to $500/$600 - similar to the PS3 pricing. For a $100 dollars more you can get the PS3 which offers HD experience out-of-the-box. Most of the games coming out are going to be multi-platform so gaming wise you would lose nothing by getting the PS3 unless you are a big Halo/GRAW fan, and GRAW I believe is made by Ubisoft so most likely it may end up on the PS3 if Assassin's Creed which is supposed to be PS3 exclusive ends up being on the 360 as well. I don't think Ubisoft has ever had an exclusive deal so far; correct me if I am wrong. PS3 has more power compared to the 360 so games designed with the PS3 in mind first are going to look better than they would on the 360. PS3/360 both have some exclusive titles that I think will make it really hard for some people to decide because if you really think about it, neither console is cheap.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 20 May 2006 - 02:36 AM

You are forgetting one thing, games do not at this stage make use of Blu-Ray or HD-DVD its only movies. Factor in that HD-DVD and Blu-Ray are battling it out means if Blu-Ray goes down then you've just wasted your money on a PS3. Honestly who here will immediatly buy Blu-Ray or HD-DVD of movies you already own on DVD as soon as these new formats come in? That is if Blu-Ray survives.

All this Crap
  • All this Crap

aaj bhi yahaan

• Members

Posted 20 May 2006 - 05:23 AM Edited by All this Crap, 20 May 2006 - 05:35 AM.

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ May 20 2006, 02:36)
You are forgetting one thing, games do not at this stage make use of Blu-Ray or HD-DVD its only movies. Factor in that HD-DVD and Blu-Ray are battling it out means if Blu-Ray goes down then you've just wasted your money on a PS3. Honestly who here will immediatly buy Blu-Ray or HD-DVD of movies you already own on DVD as soon as these new formats come in? That is if Blu-Ray survives.

1. PS3 games will make use of Blu-ray.
2. Games don't make use of Blu-ray right now is because it is NOT AVAILABLE. You can't use something which is not available.
3. PS3 can still play DVD movies, people won't have to buy their movies again.
4. Blu-ray already has a lot of support by the movie industry.
5. Sony isn't the only company that made blu-ray.

Apple Computer, Inc.
Dell Inc.
Hewlett Packard Company
Hitachi, Ltd.
LG Electronics Inc.
Matsush*ta Electric Industrial Co., Ltd.
Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
Pioneer Corporation
Royal Philips Electronics
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Sharp Corporation
Sony Corporation
TDK Corporation
Thomson Multimedia
Twentieth Century Fox
Walt Disney Pictures
Warner Bros. Entertainment

Now please, explain to me how developers/the movie industry can make use of a format not available. With the PS3, that is exactly what is going to happen. It will become available.

Will Blu-ray be backwards compatible with DVD?

Yes, several leading consumer electronics companies (including Sony, Panasonic, Philips, Samsung, Pioneer, Sharp and LG) have already demonstrated products that can read/write CDs, DVDs and Blu-ray discs using a BD/DVD/CD compatible optical head, so you don't have to worry about your existing DVD collection becoming obsolete. In fact, most of the Blu-ray players coming out will support upscaling of DVDs to 1080p/1080i, so your existing DVD collection will look even better than before. While it's up to each manufacturer to decide if they want to make their products backwards compatible with DVD, the format is far too popular to not be supported. The Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) expects every Blu-ray Disc device to be backward compatible with DVDs.

Link: http://www.blu-ray.com/

Everyone should check the above link because a lot of people don't know anything about blu-ray.

Blu-ray support?

Here you go:

Blu-ray vs DVD

2.1 Will Blu-ray replace DVDs?

Yes, that's the expectation. The Blu-ray format has received broad support from the major movie studios as a successor to today's DVD format. Seven of the eight major movie studios have already announced titles for Blu-ray, including Warner, Paramount, Fox, Disney, Sony, MGM and Lionsgate. The initial line-up is expected to consist of over 100 titles and include recent hits as well as classics such as Batman Begins, Desperado, Fantastic Four, Fifth Element, Hero, Ice Age, Kill Bill, Lethal Weapon, Mission Impossible, Ocean's Twelve, Pirates of the Caribbean, Reservoir Dogs, Robocop, and The Matrix. Many studios have also announced that they will begin releasing new feature films on Blu-ray Disc day-and-date with DVD, as well as a continuous slate of catalog titles every month.

However, the two formats (Blu-ray and DVD) will most likely co-exist for quite some time until HDTVs become more widespread. For a complete list of the announced movies, please see our Blu-ray Movies section.
- blu-ray.com

Hunter¥
  • Hunter¥

• Members

Posted 20 May 2006 - 05:32 AM

If you picking between the two consoles means you're going to ally yourself with that brand, do the industry a favor and don't play a video game ever again.

If you poor, and can only get one, get the Wii. Wait for the other's price to drop. You are not missing all you think you are. I haven't played my 360 in a month.

If you're smart and can afford it, get them all.

Tim Dog
  • Tim Dog

Penicillin On Wax

• Members

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:19 AM

Gaming: PS3
-Metal Gear Solid 4
-Resident Evil 5
I just believe PS2 has more cooler games and gameplay than as I look to the Xbox and I think it's also going to be the same on the PS3.

Multiplay: Xbox360
If I watch a game program on the TV I always see people playing Xbox live, but never PS2 network, I think PlayStation isn't that commonly known in multiplay world.

Graphics: both
Graphics are excellent on both consoles.

Price: both
PS3 is expensive for sure, but just f*ck it. Get a job and you have cash in no time.
Especially for Xbox360.

I myself is going to buy a PS3 because I still want to play my old PS2 games.

Pumpkin Zone
  • Pumpkin Zone

Humans are such easy prey.

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Unknown

Posted 22 May 2006 - 02:50 AM

I'm getting a Wii.

Don't know why you only picked 360 and PS3. There's not much on the two that would even get me to buy one.

360 has that one zombie game.. and Halo. But Halo sucks.

PS3 has.. oh.. MGS4.

I'm hoping Resident Evil 5 is coming to the Wii.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 May 2006 - 03:20 AM

I would choose PC if that was an option.
But if I had to choose... Hmm... Maybe PS3. But 360's got a few cool games coming out.

Majestic
  • Majestic

dirty commie

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:16 AM

QUOTE (GTA_Thomas @ May 21 2006, 23:20)
But if I had to choose... Hmm... Maybe PS3. But 360's got a few cool games coming out.

No really good racing games on the pc sad.gif
PC had a lot of really good games released in the last 1-2 years, though wink.gif

SIP YEK NOD
  • SIP YEK NOD

I drink and I smash because i love

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (Majestic @ May 21 2006, 23:16)
QUOTE (GTA_Thomas @ May 21 2006, 23:20)

No really good racing games on the pc sad.gif
PC had a lot of really good games released in the last 1-2 years, though wink.gif

There is TOCA 3, but that is only if you don't mind getting infected with starforce. then again that is like saying "you can f*ck that chick, as long as you don't mind getting herpes.

no condoms in the computer world though sad.gif

Majestic
  • Majestic

dirty commie

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 May 2006 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE (SIP YEK NOD @ May 22 2006, 01:47)
There is TOCA 3, but that is only if you don't mind getting infected with starforce. then again that is like saying "you can f*ck that chick, as long as you don't mind getting herpes.

no condoms in the computer world though sad.gif    

Biggest turn off is the puny car list that.
GT Legends seems sweet, but again, starforce.
Not to mention that I need to buy a wheel... might buy a Logitech G25 when it comes out - clutch pedal + 6-speed shifter = zomg

woozie92
  • woozie92

Welcome to Vice City. Welcome to the 1980s.

• Members

Posted 24 May 2006 - 11:07 PM

PlayStation 3 cool.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users