» «
Photo

[REL|V1] illcom_c4_r11

8 replies to this topic
Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 17 May 2006 - 06:16 AM Edited by Cran., 17 May 2006 - 08:44 AM.

Piccies later, i'm hungry.

Enjoy.

Download

Don't blame me for anything wrong with the readme, IM HUNGRY! tounge.gif

EDIT: Updated the rar, some txd troubles.

Screen.

tounge.gif

user posted image

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 17 May 2006 - 12:02 PM

I installed and played your lot (after some troubles, I installed it, it crashed, commented all your lines out - it loaded, then gradually uncommented bits. And then it worked?!). A nice filler lot, fit's in well with the area methinks.
Though I think you should make the brick wall fence surround the entire lot, and it is quite difficult to see the sign on the DVD store. Plus on the big balcony above the garages the texturing in the doorway is a bit messed up.

Other then that, good work icon14.gif

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 17 May 2006 - 12:07 PM

It looks way better then i thought it would great work. biggrin.gif i will try it out later on today.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 17 May 2006 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (JasonB @ May 17 2006, 22:32)
I installed and played your lot (after some troubles, I installed it, it crashed, commented all your lines out - it loaded, then gradually uncommented bits. And then it worked?!). A nice filler lot, fit's in well with the area methinks.
Though I think you should make the brick wall fence surround the entire lot, and it is quite difficult to see the sign on the DVD store. Plus on the big balcony above the garages the texturing in the doorway is a bit messed up.

Other then that, good work icon14.gif

Yeah, I'm aware of all that. If loco G looked at that PM and wasn't half drunk, he would have remeber that I said Zmod was being a bitch, and I couldn't resize the texturing of that! wink.gif And he's also put the wrong texture on the apartment building, I had the same thing as aad's and that was called fencea. I guess loco G missed that tounge.gif

Mark
  • Mark

Jesus hates you.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2006 - 02:36 PM

Crashes for me at the mo. Time to try what JB did tounge.gif

locO G
  • locO G

LocO by name... But keeping an even keel.

• Members

Posted 17 May 2006 - 02:42 PM

Yeah, I'm aware of all that. If loco G looked at that PM and wasn't half drunk, he would have remeber that I said Zmod was being a bitch, and I couldn't resize the texturing of that! wink.gif And he's also put the wrong texture on the apartment building, I had the same thing as aad's and that was called fencea. I guess loco G missed that tounge.gif

Sorry. I'll fix it but you couldn't have sent me the texture, and when I read 'fencea', I assumed it was a mistake (a reference to the fence.TGA alpha channel). Neither did you send me the wink.gif or tounge .gif (.TGA would be better).

All I did was Import the .DFF, drag an instance of the multi-sub material to the material editor in Max, convert all the textures you gave me to .TGA and renamed the material slots.
PM me the errors with the correct textures and I'll gladly fix it.

It does look good in game though.

PS. I wasn't half drunk. I was profoundly and fundamentally drunk.

Mark
  • Mark

Jesus hates you.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2006 - 02:50 PM

user posted image

user posted image

Works now. Despite following instructions for the ide and ipl, i couldn't get it to work, but a rectified it by just copying yer entire files across (using a completely clean MI at the mo)

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 May 2006 - 03:12 AM

this fits in so well with the surrounding area .... well done smile.gif

i agree with JB about the walls around the lot and maybe drop that sign down to just above the doorway, very nicely laid out lot otherwise biggrin.gif

one thing i noticed while playtesting (with lighting) your lot was the road texture seemed to have a greenish tinge to it, so i took a look the textures in txd workshop and added the Road_twolane tex from templates which i took directly from the illcom.txd and found as i suspected that the texture had a slightly differing colouring to it, this i suspect was the result of extracting the illcom textures to the model folder then re-imorting them into the new txd, txd workshop has a nice templates feature which can be used to save off textures into templates for adding to new txd files, this method could ensure uniform road texturing ....... along with all the other re-used textures from illcom.txd.(also the main reason i requested the templates feature be reinstated to txdworkshop)

that said there is another method of lot construction and txd use that almost all of us have failed to utilise, with some very careful lot construction the above problem could be avoided by simply making your base model seperate from the buildings (that means the sections of your base model that use textures contained in the illcom.txd) then you can point your IDE line at the illcom.txd for the base model.

not only would this method reduce the size of the img but it would make the game run/load slightly faster/smoother and make lot releases smaller and of course all the roads would not look like a patchwork quilt with different coloured sections. R* also used a similar way for the roads in SA.

illcom is made up from approximately "100" base models which as an empty island make use of "1" solitary txd file and the game runs fast and smooth, now given for example that every single lot release is making use of at least "3" texture's (eg:-grass,curb and patio) from illcom.txd the game engine is having to load up "300" texture files from "100" txd files within the img (regardless of how many other times it has loaded the same texture already) instead of just "3" textures from "1" txd !!!

sorry to go sideways in your thread Cran but your release brought up a point i intended to make a very long time back that i simply forgot about until i installed your lot wink.gif

now for those of you who just got bored to death reading ........... here is a pretty picture for you to look at tounge.gif

user posted image

ps: it worked first time for me, but i have had a bit of practice getting lots ingame lol.gif

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 18 May 2006 - 06:28 AM

Mmmm, yeah, that could be easy to do. Just save the buildings in another dff and make sure they're in the right spot. Then you wouldn't have to bother about co-ords too much, because they'd be in the same spot.

Yeah, that might not make sence. Anyway, there is a problem though, for instance, this lot uses a different texture for the carpark, but I guess you could just put that into illcom.txd anyway.

As for the performance issue, I haven't noticed myriad running crappy at all on 8xAA/16xAF, so why bother? wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users