» «
Photo

Vice City Stories FAQ

10 replies to this topic
Thunder Jolt
  • Thunder Jolt

= Sindaccos =

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 May 2006 - 03:16 PM Edited by Thunder Jolt, 15 May 2006 - 03:19 PM.

user posted image

Welcome to this Vice City Stories FAQ. In this guide I will try and solve as many common and frequent questions/concerns regarding GTA: Vice City Stories. Take a look at the 'Table of Contents' to have a look and see if your problem/question/concern has been covered. If you have any suggestions then please say so in this topic. Thanks.

Table of Contents
1. What is GTA: Vice City Stories, exactly?
2. And what is this section for?
3. Has the game been released yet? Yes? No? When will it be released?
4. Who is the main character you play as?
5. Is there any media I can see? Screenshots? Videos? Artwork?
6. Will there be more vehicles in the game?
7. How will the gameplay and storyline differ from the way it worked in Vice City?
8. Will there be the ability to fly planes and helicopters?
9. Will the map be the same as it was in Vice City?
10. How long until the game will finish its process and finalization, ready for release?
11. Is this game a PSP™ exclusive?
12. Will any paranormal beings and models be in the game?
13. Sub/Side-missions?
14. Aiming and weapon system?
15. Will you be able to swim in Vice City Stories?

What is GTA: Vice City Stories, exactly?

GTA: Vice City Stories is currently in development and is in the hands of Rockstar & Rockstar Leeds. Much like GTA:III to GTA: Liberty City Stories, GTA: Vice City Stories will either be set before or after Vice City, either way a storyline plot will usually link in with some of the plots that took place in Vice City.

And what is this section for?

This section is for any VCS related discussion. For posting ideas, things you'd like to see in the wishlists topic and general talk on the up and coming Vice City Stories.

Has the game been released yet? Yes? No? When will it be released?

GTA: Vice City Stories has a set release date of October 17th, 2006 or so Rockstar says. However though, this is Rockstar we're talking about so don't expect the game to be released when they say so, it's usually a week or a few days before/after the set date you see the game on store shelves.

Who is the main character you play as?

This is, at the moment, unknown and Rockstar have released no information as to who you play as in the game. However this should soon be announced, so check back here regularly for updates on new information.

Is there any media I can see? Screenshots? Videos? Artwork?

At this moment and time, no, I'm afraid. Rockstar have not yet released any sort of media but will do so as the release of the game nears.

Will there be more vehicles in the game?

Although this has not been announced, most probably so. Rockstar usually always add new vehicles in a next GTA release as well as a number of other new features as well.

How will the gameplay and storyline differ from the way it worked in Vice City?

Section taken from Play.com:

QUOTE (Play.com's listing of the game)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories is a new game in the Grand Theft Auto series with an entirely new storyline, new missions and gameplay that brings an unprecedented experience to mobile gaming. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories features the interactive, open environment of Vice City with professional voice talent, a diverse soundtrack and high production values that have become trademarks of this landmark series.

So, Vice City Stories will differ in storyline and gameplay from Vice City by the entirely new storyline, missions and characters. However, rumors are flying as to whether the "story" might follow an entry in the PS2 GTA series.

Will there be the ability to fly planes and helicopters?

This, like some other listings here, is also unknown. But generally speaking, I doubt the PSP™ would be able to handle such a thing as it can only hold up to so much memory. There's room to think differently, but personally I doubt it unless Rockstar come up with an alternative.

Will the map be the same as it was in Vice City?

It all depends on how the time setting will differ from when Vice City was set. This has not yet been announced, but the map layout (I would imagine) stay the same only alterations will be made to some of the buildings, being knocked down, extra safe-houses, etc. etc.

How long until the game will finish its process and finalization, ready for release?

Seeing as though the game's release date is in October, 2006 (5 months away from now), Rockstar still have a good amount of work to get through. I doubt much has been done at this minute, but it should all be complete around a few weeks before the set release date.

Is this game a PSP™ exclusive?

The game is known to be a PSP™ exclusive, yes, which means it will only be released for the PlayStationPortable. However, Rockstar also said Liberty City Stories was to be a PSP™ exclusive but as most of us already know, we are all awaiting a Liberty City Stories release for the PS2 in June 6th (USA) and June 9th (UK). So at the moment Vice City Stories is exclusive but that is likely to change...

Will any paranormal beings and models be in the game?

Considering Rockstar have never done anything like this before, it is very unlikely. Aside the fact of the Bigfoot rumour being made up and a number of other myths being proved false.

Sub/Side-missions?

Like all other GTAs, Vice City Stories will have a number of vehicle sub-missions for you to complete. Depending on what new vehicles and such will be in the game, I can't for sure tell you what kind of sub-missions there will be. But there should be Taxi, Vigilante, etc. sub-missions to complete like all other GTAs have had in.

Aiming and weapon system?

Seeing as though Rockstar changed the weapons system from GTA:III to Liberty City Stories, they'd most like do the same from Vice City to Vice City Stories. And most-likely a lock-on target feature will be added, just like San Andreas and Liberty City Stories.

Will you be able to swim in Vice City Stories?

This is also unknown. But having the ability to swim in the public seas in the game would take up quite a lot of the game's memory and who knows if the PSP™ can handle that much... we'll see.

I hope this clears a few things up and any problems/concerns you may be having/had. As I say post any suggestions you have that way I can improve the FAQ. Thanks. smile.gif

The-end
  • The-end

It's time to go home

• Members

Posted 15 May 2006 - 03:24 PM

Wow Thunder Jolt you just donít stop do you, another awesome guide, at this rate you will be getting a karma star tounge2.gif

Well done again mate icon14.gif

Pin smile.gif

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 15 May 2006 - 03:29 PM

Awesome guide, just like the other of your topics. Keep up the great work icon14.gif

Nick000
  • Nick000

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:44 PM

Nice job dude grade A work. icon14.gif
Although, I think the North America release date is June 5th, I think they changed it.

Parky.
  • Parky.

Where's ya mic..?

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:50 PM

Great work dude icon14.gif

The-end
  • The-end

It's time to go home

• Members

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (Nick000 @ May 15 2006, 19:44)
Although, I think the North America release date is June 5th, I think they changed it.

No, its the same as anoucned remember the Official site is allways right confused.gif

And they woudlnt leave it this late to anounce, with such a kwick release date.

Nick000
  • Nick000

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE (The-end @ May 15 2006, 15:16)
QUOTE (Nick000 @ May 15 2006, 19:44)

No, its the same as anoucned remember the Official site is allways right confused.gif

And they woudlnt leave it this late to anounce, with such a kwick release date.

Oops, sorry I meant how he said LCS going to the PS2 I meant June 5th instead of the 6th in North America, not VCS' release date, sorry. blush.gif

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

Uncut

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2012
    Most Respected 2012
    Most Helpful 2012
    Best Returning Member 2012
    Best Contributor [GTA Series] 2012
    Best Forum Ledby 2012
    Best Moderator 2012

Posted 15 May 2006 - 11:55 PM Edited by AdriaanTGP, 15 May 2006 - 11:57 PM.

This, like some other listings here, is also unknown. But generally speaking, I doubt the PSPô would be able to handle such a thing as it can only hold up to so much memory.

Did you ever play Liberty City Stories ? The reason why flight was not included in LCS was due to the size of the city (as said by a rockstar representitive shortly before the game came out). Something about the city not being suitable for it (Which I totally agree with). Trust me, it wouldn't be a problem to have flight in the game. It's just up to our friends at R* now to decide whether they'll include it, or not.

Based upon the feedback from fans about flight in Liberty City Stories, I'm 100% sure you'll see flight in the game.

Nick000
  • Nick000

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 May 2006 - 01:44 AM

QUOTE (AdriaanTGP @ May 15 2006, 18:55)

This, like some other listings here, is also unknown. But generally speaking, I doubt the PSPô would be able to handle such a thing as it can only hold up to so much memory.

Did you ever play Liberty City Stories ? The reason why flight was not included in LCS was due to the size of the city (as said by a rockstar representitive shortly before the game came out). Something about the city not being suitable for it (Which I totally agree with). Trust me, it wouldn't be a problem to have flight in the game. It's just up to our friends at R* now to decide whether they'll include it, or not.

Based upon the feedback from fans about flight in Liberty City Stories, I'm 100% sure you'll see flight in the game.

Exactly, because edisoncarter let us have planes and helis, but the thing is, R* kind of lied because we used them right there, unless the way edisoncarter found them takes up less more memory.(which I think it does)

The-end
  • The-end

It's time to go home

• Members

Posted 16 May 2006 - 06:32 AM

Well think about it thought, maybe rockstar had no time to finish the roof's, or adjust the streaming so it dosent all mess up while flyign fast.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:46 AM

I'd say it was more to do with Liberty City not being built for flying or proper flight in the first place and so yeah roof-tops are missing still not to mention the height retrictions kinda sucked. Being that the game was using a modifed Vice City Renderware engine and so the flight abilty is present in the game just not used and thus why Edison was able to xploit that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users