MSS32.dll GTA vice city

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic
green100
  • green100

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:15 PM

I bought the game It worked for like the first install. then I had to format my PC.

When I reinstalled I get errors with mss32.dll. I cool with the errors cool.gif

And Ive wondered if downloading mss32.dll the way 2g. but I dont know if thats legal.

What is mss32.dll. all I found out is this

mss32.dll is a module for the Miles Sound System Library used by WinAmp and other multimedia applications for audio playback and sound effects.

My Webpage

But is it somthing installed from the game or is it windows based? to me it looks like a DLL for windows. which means my formating process didnt work as well as thought.

Im highly experenced with PC's but this one ive never had to deal with. im use to using win-98.

green100
  • green100

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:21 PM

Thats not my web site. thats a link to the page I found the info on.

green100
  • green100

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:34 PM

Also im not a player hater! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif tounge.gif tounge.gif tounge.gif

green100
  • green100

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 May 2006 - 11:11 PM

Im giving up on it... bye devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:09 AM

There's an edit button in the top-right corner of the post box - use it instead of posting repeatedly sly.gif .

Also, you're giving up because no-one replied in 56 minutes confused.gif ? Have a bit of patience mate, and someone will help you wink.gif .

I'm thinking that the solution might be pretty simple - try removing the gta-vc.set file from your My Documents\GTA Vice City User Files folder.

If that doesn't work, try deleting the file again (because the game will recreate it the next time you start it), uninstalling VC, and then reinstalling.

And if that doesn't work, then I don't know how to help tounge.gif .

Good luck smile.gif .

green100
  • green100

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:10 PM

Im realizing that this can also be a CD error. this is the 1st time unsing the game after replacing the old HP cd rom/burner with a SONY cd rom/burner.
I have noticed that files dont always apear and somtimes never install, windows NT has the MY DOCUMETS folder but the folder does not contain the gta-vc.set.

From what this is telling me, the game can not be installed becasue of SONY"s cd rom/burner. I have noticed that this is the only game that installs verry slow and has many errors, yet the cd's are clean so clean I can see Right through my walls.

Do you think Rockstargames.com would be any help? Expecially with this new odd issue. right now the game is over all because my cd rom has a :bbq:ing issue

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (benisablink182fan @ May 15 2006, 02:09)
Also, you're giving up because no-one replied in 56 minutes confused.gif ? Have a bit of patience mate

A quadruple post doesn't strike me as the work of a patient man wink.gif

It's a Windows thing. Your clue is that you can easily find the file for downloading. So... download it and put it where it belongs. Doesn't get much simpler.

green100
  • green100

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 May 2006 - 06:40 PM

dontgetit.gif FIrst of all I read other posts about this issue and I have downloaded it about 4 days ago. but it still does not work. I did find out that the manafacture for the pc did not make it for us consumors to format the whole entire PC, just the windows files. which utimatly ads the other thought that mabe the program/dll can not be found and reinstalled because the PC has not been fully formatted and thus left an old version of it on the PC.

I know more then what you know so far. Obvisly you have had somthing simular, but your IDeas are far off. You dont even know my OS/and you dont know what my PC has on it for configuration and installed components.

GTA when used on the HP cd rom worked fine and I saw every file on the disks.
on the other hand from the other post SONY wont let me see whats on the cd's.

Im not mad... but what makes you think that its the Dll on the PC. The CD's do not have the DLL on the cd's from what I see.

I did plug in my Brothers 32x cd rom and every thing worked fine. but I need a fast cd rom IE the sony rom.

yawn.gif

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:12 AM

QUOTE (green100 @ May 16 2006, 04:40)
You dont even know my OS/and you dont know what my PC has on it for configuration and installed components.

Because someone didn't read the pinned topics telling him to provide that exact information?

Google search. First hit. Download it and whack it in your install directory.

As far as I can tell, you're making the whole situation a lot more difficult than it actually is. Although it is rather hard to tell. Try to be more clear and concise and we'll work this out.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:40 AM

I have noticed that files dont always apear and somtimes never install, windows NT has the MY DOCUMETS folder but the folder does not contain the gta-vc.set.

You dont even know my OS/and you dont know what my PC has on it for configuration and installed components.

Do YOU know what your O/S is? Becasue I can take a guess... biggrin.gif

The gta-vc.set file is typically installed the GTA User Files folder, which usually gets put in My Documents. I'm guessing you're running Win2K or XP. How about, you know, TELLING US what you have (O/S, hardware, etc)?

People here are willing to help, but only if you help yourself. In the meantime, try updating your sound card drivers, since it's a sound related issue. You may also want to check the CD rom drive itself; if you're having that many problems reading files, there could be a problem with the drive or (depending on your O/S) a problem with your IDE setup. But I'm leaning towards the drive, if the other one works well.

P.S. - Why not install and try to run the game with the 32x drive, just to see if it works? If it does, then the problem is (mostly) with your Sony drive...

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 16 May 2006 - 08:00 AM

Actually, the game creates the gta-vc.set file the first time it's run - the file itself is like some sort of documentation of your PC settings (mostly hardware I think, like video card, sound card, drivers, etc.).

That's why when you update, you have to remove that file so the game can rebuild a profile of your system. I think it's meant to be an automated process - for example, I updated my video card about a year ago, and didn't remove the file, but it instead updated itself - but sometimes things go wrong. That's why we tell you to remove it.

But you say that the file isn't there - sorry, must've misread your first post - I thought that you'd played since the format, but obviously not.

So, ummm, yeah, try Fuzzy's suggestion. Or at least some more info so we can help you icon14.gif .

green100
  • green100

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:36 PM Edited by green100, 16 May 2006 - 05:44 PM.

Sorry bout my attitude, I have not been getting much sleep lat'ly.

Yes, fuzzy win xp. Im more confused because the files that you say should be there are not, I even looked in the documents folder before I came for help.
I have an small issue my brothers cd rom is too slow. aperently 24x is not good enough. And I understand what you all are trying to say, its more the fact thatthe origianl cd rom/burner worked fine, he new I guess from what I see is either defective or built to not open all app. on the disk's.

It is all to posible that my HD needs to be formatted. like I said compaq has an odd function that only deletes a small portion of the HD. which makes my point and your point clear that the HD may have to be formatted all the way through. I would think the cd should have somthing to do with this issue too.

BTW: are there two mss32.dll downloads? the reason I ask is because I did find the master mss32.dll the one I downloaded is around 30KB bigger. lol.gif tounge.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif happy.gif

Also just to let some of you know that this is about vice city. hopfuly you knew that. otherwise that probably why some files are not wher they need 2 be. if so no big deal I most likly didnt make it clear what game it was!

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 16 May 2006 - 10:56 PM

The fact that the topic title says "GTA vice city" and the fact that this is the VC forum led me to believe that you were looking for help with VC wink.gif .

Nope, I don't think it's an issue with your CD drive speed - the minimum requirements are for an 8x drive, and recommended are 16x or higher - you say you have 24x icon14.gif . What makes you so sure that it's a CD issue?

If you've found the master mss32.dll file, then stick that in your install directory (something along the lines of C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA Vice City) and try again.

Or, format your PC, and then start again and put us all out of our misery tounge.gif .

green100
  • green100

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 May 2006 - 05:06 AM

well, I was not saying that you were in the wrong fourms. and Im taking everything into consideration. imagine if your car brke down while on the hiway ~ I doubt your conclusion would be that a bananna was placed in the tail pipe ~ as you should realize that you were moving and james bond would of had to of done as such.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2006 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE (benisablink182fan @ May 17 2006, 08:56)
Nope, I don't think it's an issue with your CD drive speed - the minimum requirements are for an 8x drive, and recommended are 16x or higher - you say you have 24x icon14.gif . What makes you so sure that it's a CD issue?

My thoughts too.

@green100 - I think you're making this a lot harder and painful than it actually is. If you want help, provide us with facts about your system, your install history and other relevant information. Telling us what you think the problem is (especially when it's apparent that you're wrong, seeing as you're asking for help in the first place) isn't doing anything aside from discouraging others to provide suggestions due to the general messiness of this topic.

You're not giving us feedback, and giving no indication that you're following our advice at all. Calm down and think before you post.

If it's a mss32.dll issue, download the file and place it in your install folder (default 'C:\Progam Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\'). Simple? Thought as much. If that turns out to be nothing at all to do with the error, say so.

satanic528
  • satanic528

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:08 PM Edited by Spuds725, 19 January 2008 - 03:05 AM.

Please help me!!!!!! I cannot play GTA Vice City at all because my freakin ==removed== has been deleted!!! mad.gif I think Im going to freakin die please help me.does any body know were i can get the ==removed== file from, or yall have it please help me so that i can find it

sincerly Patrick Wells

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (satanic528 @ Jan 17 2008, 22:08)
Please help me!!!!!! I cannot play GTA Vice City at all because my freakin mss32.dll has been deleted!!! mad.gif I think Im going to freakin die please help me.does any body know were i can get the mss32.dll file from, or yall have it please help me so that i can find it

sincerly Patrick Wells

Don't bump a 2 year old topic!

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 19 January 2008 - 03:06 AM

And no Warez requests... Read the forum rules located here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users