Photo

San Andreas Backup

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic
OzzySM12
  • OzzySM12

Hmm...

• Members

Posted 14 May 2006 - 06:44 PM Edited by ozzysm12, 16 May 2006 - 12:47 AM.

San Andreas Backup is the further development of my SA Auto Backup program.

San Andreas Backup allows you to backup your saved games and other files before you play San Andreas, while you play San Andreas and after you exit San Andreas. This means you will never have to lose an entire game to corruption, or have to hunt the net for a file you messed up while modding.

San Andreas Backup is still in Beta stages of development so some settings are currently disabled due to not being complete or lack of testing and there is only limited documentation available. If you wish to get a version of San Andreas Backup with these settings enabled so you can test them or if you need any help with the program, simply post a reply here and I'll see what I can do.

To use San Andreas backup simply download from the like below, and follow the simply install instructions.

Download Link:
www.SPKWeb.com/Freeksoft/SanAndreasBackupBeta.zip

How To Install
Once you have downloaded San Andreas Backup from the link above, simply extract the program into your San Andreas game folder (usually "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\").
Now right click on your San Andreas game link that you use (either on your desktop or in your start menu) and select "Properties".
From here go to the "Shortcut" tab where you will find a text box labelled "Target". In this box change the path from "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\gta_sa.exe" to "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\San Andreas Backup.exe".

Settings
Now that you have installed San Andreas Backup, all you have to do is run the program and you will be met with the settings form.
Here you can browse through the settings and add files to be backed up and select the times when to backup these files.
Now simple click "Ok" and that is you ready to go. All you have to do it hit the "Launch" button to start San Andreas and San Andreas Backup will do its job.

More detailed documentation will be released with the finial version of San Andreas Backup. The information posted in this topic is currently all the available documentation for the Beta version.

Progress
I thaught I may as well add a little section to keep you all up to date with what is happeing with the program.

Here is a short list of the things that still need to be done.

Organisation Structure:
I still need to add different peramaters you cna use, so far I only ahve #DATE# and #TIME#.
Only backup saved games in slot x:
No code has actully yet been written for this, although it is pretty streight forward one I get into it.
Testing:
So far only very basic testing has been done. One purpose of this Beta release was to have it used and the settings changed to see if there are any bugs hiding in there.
Documentation:
Almost no documentation has actully been writting for this program, however come teh finial release I will have everythign coverd in a help or read me file.
Setup:
I plan on creating a setup program for this to make installing the app as simple as possible. No work has started on this yet, however it should not take long to develop.

So that is what is left to really, I plan on having most if not all of this done by the end of the week (19th may). I can garentee we will see at least a new Beta released before then as well.

BoBoTheMonkey
  • BoBoTheMonkey

Corny

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2006 - 06:56 PM

Jeez, I wish I had the PC version, with the car mods, this, etc. cryani.gif

FelipeVinhao
  • FelipeVinhao

Under construction, sorry for the inconvenience

• Members

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:10 PM

Nice one. I need this thing sometime ago. I could say it's too late, but now that's released I loved it. icon14.gif

OzzySM12
  • OzzySM12

Hmm...

• Members

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:33 PM

QUOTE (FelipeVinhao @ May 14 2006, 23:10)
Nice one. I need this thing sometime ago. I could say it's too late, but now that's released I loved it. icon14.gif

Well SA Auto Backup has been out for soem months tounge.gif , but that topic kind of fell down the pages so no surprise you missed out on that tounge.gif .

Anyway, been working on the program, not really did anythign worth releasing a new Beta over. Will jsut waint till I have a decent amount of minor changes or seom major ones before releasing a new one.

O', and remember if you download the progra, post your thaughts to keep the topic alive so others can find out about the app. Thanks

Alick
  • Alick

L)VE

• Members

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:01 PM

Damn, thanks for this, great idea... I was really sick of having to reinstall after screwing my game up, but this migth do the trick. icon14.gif

OzzySM12
  • OzzySM12

Hmm...

• Members

Posted 16 May 2006 - 12:46 AM

Well I've just uploaded a new version of the Beta.

In this version you can now change the orginisation structure so you can add in other folders and stuff, though #DATE# & #TIME# are still the only variables you can use. Also I have enabeld the "Backup during play" so you can use that now. howevere the pause when backing up option is still disabeled as it is a bit dodgy.

Anyway, same link as above if you are wanting the new version smile.gif

Sergeant
  • Sergeant

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 June 2006 - 04:10 AM

There is black screen were reads : gta san anadreas, and launch button.. I dont see backup files nowhere

Timpo
  • Timpo

Trash

• Members

Posted 01 June 2006 - 01:55 PM

isn't this supposed to be in the modding section?

GTA_Gangsta'
  • GTA_Gangsta'

Gangsta 4 Life

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 June 2006 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (Timpo @ Jun 1 2006, 08:55)
isn't this supposed to be in the modding section?

thats what i was thinking

OzzySM12
  • OzzySM12

Hmm...

• Members

Posted 03 June 2006 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (Sergeant @ Jun 1 2006, 05:10)
There is black screen were reads : gta san anadreas, and launch button.. I dont see backup files nowhere

The program does the backing up automatically. You would have got the settings up the first time you ran the program so you change your paths and stuff then. Default path for the backups is in your GTA User Files.

@Timpo & GTA_Gangsta'. We had this discussion in the other topic from the other version of this program. We decided since this is jsut a tool and not an actul mod it sits better in the GTA: SA forums.

jillianski0218
  • jillianski0218

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:02 AM

Thanks for free download of this software.. gee i realy love the backup you make. coz im mod user and my GTA SA is error right now.. and thats not funny. sad.gif thanks for the good Software. biggrin.gif

crazymodder
  • crazymodder

Do Ya Thang

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 July 2008 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (jillianski0218 @ Jul 19 2008, 16:02)
Thanks for free download of this software.. gee i realy love the backup you make. coz im mod user and my GTA SA is error right now.. and thats not funny. sad.gif thanks for the good Software. biggrin.gif

stop bumping old topics sh*t. REPORTED! kidding only

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users