Photo

San Andreas Stories?

41 replies to this topic
RvdVit
  • RvdVit

Most sexy post located to the right. --->

• Members

Posted 12 May 2006 - 02:10 PM

Well, so far we've had LCS, and now we have VCS... So are we looking at a SAS game, too?

I'd love it, since this was the GTA I played the most, so coming back to different locations after SA is long forgotten thanks to GTA4 would be great. Now, would you like to see a SAS game in a few years?

The-end
  • The-end

It's time to go home

• Members

Posted 12 May 2006 - 02:34 PM

Well it would have to be compressed to hell confused.gif

I see the going, Los santos Stories(with country), San fiero Stories(with country/mount chilliad) and Las venturous stories (with desert)

Asif
  • Asif

Peon

• Members

Posted 12 May 2006 - 04:00 PM

I sincerely hope that we are done with all these City Names Stories crap after VCS.
Looking for a brand new storyline from GTA IV.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdaveô

• Members

Posted 12 May 2006 - 04:10 PM

Iím with Josh (the-end) it would be near impossible to get all of San Andreas onto the PSP, It's more realistic to expect each area split into 3 separate games, but maybe the games would link stories after you completed them.

As for storyline, VCS is and will be a new storyline, just like LCS was. Just because they are set in cities we have visited before doesnít make it the same game. You can tell R* are also listening to fans as Vice is probably the best city from the GTA world, some would argue SA is better, but there are so many opinions.

AngelDude
  • AngelDude

Guardian Angel

• Members

Posted 12 May 2006 - 05:47 PM

I really hope they don't go back to an old map, Vice city was (IMHO) the best city. happy.gif
But knowing rockstar they'd make San Andreas stories but as seperate UMD discs to make more money. sneaky2.gif

(Maybe you would have to get far enough in one game/city to be-able to use the other UMD discs, like in Driver 2 I think.)

.Victom
  • .Victom

rawr!

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 May 2006 - 02:52 AM

By that time there might be PSP2. But they could fit San Andreas Stories on a 3-4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo or w/e the PSP uses. They can have the stick locked so you can't edit it. (They have to have some kind of protection)

Nick000
  • Nick000

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 May 2006 - 02:55 AM

If this did happen, they would have to do something to prevent people from skipping to the last disc from the start.

Thunder Jolt
  • Thunder Jolt

= Sindaccos =

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 May 2006 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE (The-end @ May 12 2006, 14:34)
Well it would have to be compressed to hell confused.gif

That's the thing. If Rockstar do decide to go ahead and plan on making a San Andreas Stories then the size of it would just take up so much memory, and Rockstar would have to compress the game so much that it probably won't even be worth the time of importing it to the PSP™ and actually playing it. However I personally (like most others) would love to see a San Andreas Stories make an appearance on the PSP™ but we must not get ahead of ourselves here. VCS hasn't even been released yet, and nor have we had any media of some sort yet.

Barbaneez
  • Barbaneez

Boss

• Members

Posted 13 May 2006 - 04:56 AM Edited by Barbaneez, 14 December 2008 - 10:32 PM.

mattymac
  • mattymac

King of San Andreas

• Members

Posted 13 May 2006 - 07:05 AM

So what you are saying is that we just go from LS to SF without going through the badlands? That would be stupid. They might as well make another little city to go with.

Thunder Jolt
  • Thunder Jolt

= Sindaccos =

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 May 2006 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (mattymac @ May 13 2006, 07:05)
So what you are saying is that we just go from LS to SF without going through the badlands? That would be stupid. They might as well make another little city to go with.

He's not saying so much as taking the routes out of the game like the Badlands etc. but more the way you travel through different parts of the islands so that it cuts an amount of memory off of the game to an extent which would help how "SAS" (if it was to be developed) get through the trouble of having too much of a large file on the game so that it wouldn't be able to be imported onto the PSP. Breaking off sections of some islands/places and taking un-needed features out of what San Andreas had would also be something Rockstar would obviously do to cut down on how big San Andreas is. We'll just see what happens I guess but I for one would be over the moon to hear "SAS" was to be released as well as VCS. I don't see any real reason why they shouldn't other than the fact that San Andreas' hugeness will be a problem what-with importing the game onto the PSP™ and all.. (though as stated above could be majorly clumped down by taking un-needed features out from the game etc.)

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 May 2006 - 08:44 AM

I love San Andreas, but I would feel really let down if they chopped it into cities for PSP: you need all three cities because each city is too tiny and has expanses of countryside/desert.

Maybe, if Memory Sticks get cheaper by the time GTA:SAS comes out, they could put part of the game on a 1 or 2GB stick that is acessed when you put the UMD in, though it would would be a bit excessive and probably impractical.

My ideal scenario would be a fresh new American city to close the GTA:III series, maybe Texas, Phoenix, Arizona or even an old-fashioned Godfather-type storyline.

Thunder Jolt
  • Thunder Jolt

= Sindaccos =

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 May 2006 - 09:05 AM

Hmmm, I know what you mean. But what if Rockstar would some how manage to import a large portion of the game onto the PSP and have the majority of extra features knocked off to free game space and memory? I have no clue how big San Andreas is compared to all other GTAs, but Rockstar managed to port Liberty City over onto the PSP, so why should San Andreas be a problem? They're roughly the same size and San Andreas' scale shape almost mimics GTA III's. So maybe Rockstar could keep everything the same only make alterations to some parts of the map? For example, they could make Mt. Chilliad half the size it is in SA and/or half the amount of cross/country-roads there are in the Badlands etc etc. Wouldn't be so bad, you'd be missing a few things but everything would partially stay the same.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 May 2006 - 09:55 AM

Everyone is saying cut down the map. The AUDIO takes up most space so if they compressed the Audio it might be possible. The models only take up 1 gb, the Audio takes up about 3gb.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 13 May 2006 - 09:56 AM

San Andreas mapsize is much bigger then Liberty or Vice you know.

I say what's the point of doing it if Rockstar essentialy have to totally change the way San Andreas as a geological land is by removing parts of the land and bringing everything closer. It wouldn't be San Andreas now would it? You can explain buildings being missing/appearing but entire areas of land is just crossing the line.

Thunder Jolt
  • Thunder Jolt

= Sindaccos =

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 May 2006 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ May 13 2006, 09:56)
San Andreas mapsize is much bigger then Liberty or Vice you know.

I say what's the point of doing it if Rockstar essentialy have to totally change the way San Andreas as a geological land is by removing parts of the land and bringing everything closer. It wouldn't be San Andreas now would it? You can explain buildings being missing/appearing but entire areas of land is just crossing the line.

I suppose you are right but I didn't realise San Andreas' map size was way bigger than Liberty's back just then though. It only just came accross me that San Andreas has much extra detail, bigger roads, mountains, etc. etc. than Liberty City only I was comparing them in terms of map size and shape, what with them both looking rather similar and all... Well you can always hope, maybe Rockstar could come up with something clever to squish the game's memory and import it onto the PSP, probably not - but we'll see. It'd be nice, but after hearing the points you made I'm having second thoughts...

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 May 2006 - 10:09 AM

Like GTA3Freak-2001 I don't think it would happen, how ever didn't rockstar announce they were making 5 more GTA PSP games? Anyway Unless they can compress Audio really well without losing soundquality along with compressing the models, I don't think it will happen.

Drumbum1234
  • Drumbum1234

Drums

• Members

Posted 13 May 2006 - 12:48 PM

i think its possible because didn't rockstar drop rendreware after SA? and that made the graphix and stuff be less mb rite???? (idk but thats what i read sumwhere)

RvdVit
  • RvdVit

Most sexy post located to the right. --->

• Members

Posted 13 May 2006 - 07:01 PM

If this would be done, I think it'd be 3 cities, fenced in completely, and the only way to get to another city would be by airport.

Which would suck. Maybe they'd make a whole new city that's supposedly "near" the island of SA, and you go back to LS or something for a few missions, like Liberty City in SA.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 14 May 2006 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE (Drumbum1234 @ May 13 2006, 23:18)
i think its possible because didn't rockstar drop rendreware after SA? and that made the graphix and stuff be less mb rite???? (idk but thats what i read sumwhere)

For GTA4 yes but for PSP which is similar to PS2 means they are better off still using the modified Renderware engine for PSP that ran Liberty City Stories which as it is was based on the Renderware version powering Vice City.

@blackadder - Nope Rockstar have only announced Vice City Stories, there's been no talk of 5 other PSP games.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 14 May 2006 - 07:42 AM

I thought they said they were developing 5 mores PSP GTA's and 2 PS3/Xbox360 Titles?

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 14 May 2006 - 07:58 AM

I think it was 5 PSP games from Take2 and Rockstar not specificially GTA games so that leaves it open for ports of Manhunt, Bully, Ping Pong, Red Dead Revolver, The Warriors etc.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 14 May 2006 - 12:15 PM

Ok. What about the PS3 games?

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:12 AM

Could be anything, sequel to Manhunt, sequel to Red Dead Revolver or some completly new game.

cherry_lowlow333
  • cherry_lowlow333

Ride wit me.

• Members

Posted 15 May 2006 - 09:21 AM

ok so this is what i think will happen to the Badlands/Desert of SA.
maybe somewhere before the main storyline, an earthquake occured

(i mean these three real cities are standing right on top of the San Andreas Plate or sumtin like that, am i right?(especially San Fierro AKA San Francisco))

separating these cities making the Badlands into islands and forcing the main character to travel using ferrys/flight. this is a pretty valid reason for SAS to happen minus some songs from the radio.

WHAT DO YOU THINK? smile.gif tounge2.gif

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 15 May 2006 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (cherry_lowlow333 @ May 15 2006, 18:51)
(i mean these three real cities are standing right on top of the San Andreas Plate or sumtin like that, am i right?(especially San Fierro AKA San Francisco))

Tis the San Andreas faultline and I am surprised that it wasnt incorporated into the storyline for GTA:SA more than what it was (it was?)

Anyways, as I dont own a PSP and never will, I'm sitting here patiently for them all to be farmed out to PS2 so all the cheapskates such as myself can contribute more to the Rockstar machine.

biggrin.gif

adlingtont
  • adlingtont

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:39 PM

i think they could do it by having the three islands on seperate umds but selling them as a pack so say your in the 1st island and you driving over a bridge into the 2nd the game could pause halfway over the brige and tell you to put the umd for the 2nd island in, then wait a few seconds for it to load and there you have it, the game un pauses and your in the 2nd island. also i think if they make an option where you can copy the game data from the umd to a big enough memory stick during the game, so you don't need to swap umds it will just load it from the memory stick. it will work. i deserve a cookie cookie.gif biggrin.gif

ybakker
  • ybakker

• Members

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:40 PM

well, to cut away the extra stuff, they could get rid of all the unnecessary interiors and the music and audio. But imo, i'd like the map to stay the same. I don't want anything to be taken away from the original san andreas. I think that's just lame.

As for the memory stick, i doubt thats ever gonna happen. People could easily rip the data off the memory stick and let it loose on the internet so others can download em for free. *cough

Black7
  • Black7

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 May 2006 - 02:40 PM

It's already been pointed out yet you guys seem to ignore it. It's the audio that takes up most of the DVD on SA. The map and textures are only 1 gig of the total 5 gigs used. They already have the experience and skill from making LCS and VCS to compress the map and textures to half that size for the psp and lose almost no detail at all. That leaves plenty of room when you consider there will likely be newer higher compression UMD's available by then so they can squeeze up to 2-3 gigs of data on one UMD.

We'll likely lose the airplanes but not the helecopters and jetpack, which means they can bring the ceiling in the game down to VC level. (I actually like this because it keeps you in the cities instead of taking you way over and out of the game areas. The second time I played through SA I started noticing I wasn't getting as intimate with the cities as I had with VC and Liberty City and felt the high flight ceiling along with too expansive country areas were why.)

We might also lose swimming, which does away with all the underwater stuff. We might lose all the clothing options and see something like they used in VC. To be honest though, I hope they perfect their audio compressions because LCS had way too few stations and way to short of running times on them for the amount of time you'll have to spend in the game. (But I won't complain if they do away with the girlfriends and eating/exercise aspects.) By removing some of this "fluff" material they free up space for better missions and multiplayer.

They could however use the Earthquake in the 90's to justify destroying the bridges and split the game in two parts, one being the country and Los Santos, the other part having San Fiero and Las Venturas and everything around them. A dual UMD SAS could work and have 99% of the content SA had. Plus they have established history of an earthquake during that era which is why at the beginning of SA you can't get to the other areas yet.

psplayer06
  • psplayer06

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 May 2006 - 07:21 PM

this thread is a bit off topic from the forum, but you guys may have forgotten, after this fall the psp's games are supposed to be e-distributed by sony. if this happens, you dont have to worry about not fitting on the umd, you have to worry about not fitting on a MS. but who knows, maybe sony will have advanced their UMD by then with more storage. lets hope

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users