» «
Photo

When And Who

64 replies to this topic
ATK
  • ATK

Drive Slow

• Feroci

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:35 AM Edited by ATK, 12 May 2006 - 12:01 AM.

So when do you think the game will take place. After VC or Before it. And Who do you think Will be the main character?

My self, I think the game will be set probably 1980-81ish. And for some reason I suspect that you will play as that cook that you got teh cell phone from in the beginnging Of VC. He had alot of connections throughout the city, like Diaz, The payphone, and the cubans.

TruXter
  • TruXter

retXurT

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2006 - 02:04 AM

8 ball

october

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 11 May 2006 - 02:23 AM

I think late 80's would work, dunno about characters though. late 70's could work too with Lance Vance.

S. Leone
  • S. Leone

Things will be different

• Members

Posted 11 May 2006 - 02:28 AM

I think around 99/2000. Because every GTA after III has lead up to the events of III

JKidd
  • JKidd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 May 2006 - 03:00 AM

1989?1995? i have no clue will just have to wait.

Rown
  • Rown

inhabitant of the memetic infosphere

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 May 2006 - 03:38 AM

1983- Leo Teal
1989- Unknown Character (Possibly Cuban)

All the GTA's have followed a timeline of being separated by 3 years. So if they continue that idea then we at least have a couple years to choose from.

Rown rampage_ani.gif

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 11 May 2006 - 06:41 AM

1989, with a Cuban gangster. The further away they move the plotline from the Mafia scene and the closer they move toward something else, the easier it should be to avoid series story inconsistencies and retconning. Tommy Vercetti should be around, probably as a mission boss (or an enemy?) as he should be pretty much the king of Vice City.

The-end
  • The-end

It's time to go home

• Members

Posted 11 May 2006 - 06:43 AM

I would like to play the story line as Diaz, but umm didn't we kill him, so it would have to be set before the time vc was.

goholden1
  • goholden1

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 May 2006 - 04:56 AM

I hope 1997 or 2000! That would be awesome,i wonder how Vice City would age? blush.gif

Cecil475
  • Cecil475

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 May 2006 - 05:44 AM

Hopefully after 1986. I always wondered what happened to Vercetti after The events in Vice City. Or was this explained in Liberty City Stories? I havent really played it so I don't know. I am getting it on PS2 when it comes out.

- Cecil

(Edit - I would be interesting to see how Vice City ages.)

Rown
  • Rown

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 14 May 2006 - 05:48 AM

I don't think it does either. We really have no idea what happens to Tommy, though I think most of us hope for the best. biggrin.gif

I really don't mind if we never find out. Tommy was just that cool.

Rown rampage_ani.gif

AngelDude
  • AngelDude

Guardian Angel

• Members

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:30 AM

Tommy and Toni are the only GTA characters I want to have a happy ending so 1989 would be a good year to set it.
Tommy and Toni were Violent but cool, Which is good.

The main person should be catalina IMO, That way she'd have been to all the GTA city/state's on ps2 and above.

Pastor Richards
  • Pastor Richards

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 May 2006 - 04:58 AM Edited by Pastor Richards, 15 May 2006 - 05:09 AM.

A cuban theme set in the early 80's would be appropriate, as it would co-inside with the "Cuban Crimewave" that followed the Mariel boatlift. (the largest influx of cuban gangsters into Flordia since the revolution)

But it would probably overlap the new Scarface game... if it is ever released.

viperdk
  • viperdk

Vice City Mob Boss

• Members

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:42 AM

1983- Lance or Big Mitch Baker

1989- Either Tommy so we can find out how he's done...maybe a new threat comes to Vice and he has to take them out. or someone from LC or SA who comes to screw over Tommy

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 15 May 2006 - 11:31 AM

I would so love to play as Lance Vance, but it is uncertain of his involvement with VC before the drug deal with Tommy Vercetti.

Kent Paul is another option, that would be sweet as too.

The time would depend on the whole GTA storyline and where it fits though.

DavÝ­ 3006
  • DavÝ­ 3006

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:20 PM

I think it would be most approriate if R* let us play Tommy again and now defending his throne as the king of Vice City in the late 80's. He┤s the coolest GTA character ever and it would rock as hell devil.gif devil.gif to have a new game with him.... but only if Ray Liotta will do his voice acting again.

GTAVC05
  • GTAVC05

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 18 May 2006 - 12:47 AM

i think that if R* decided to make the time before the events of vice city, then you should play as lance vance or diaz. but i thiunk that they will put the game somewhere in between the events of san andreas ans LCS maybe 1995. you could play as big mitch, phil cassiody, cortez (probably not tho), or, my fav, ken rosenberg. but tommy better be in this game wether u play as him, work for him, or kill him

ATK
  • ATK

Drive Slow

• Feroci

Posted 18 May 2006 - 01:14 AM

They possibly wont be putting you as a cuban affiliated person like Leo Teal like I assumed. Remember all the controversy they recieved from the public about how they entire game is based around hate, killing, and repression* of the Hatians?

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (ATK @ May 18 2006, 10:44)
They possibly wont be putting you as a cuban affiliated person like Leo Teal like I assumed. Remember all the controversy they recieved from the public about how they entire game is based around hate, killing, and repression* of the Hatians?

Thats what GTA is all about, controvercy. I am sure they wouldnt fall in that hole again or anything to do with Hot Coffee-esque situations. They skimmed the line with the rampant death and hookers situation back in 2001, but that is ancient history now.

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 18 May 2006 - 08:00 AM

Either Leo Teal, as ATK said, or Kent Paul, before 1986.

Kent Paul because he also got himself in all kinds of trouble. You could also play as Ken Rosenberg while working for the Forellis before meeting Vercetti.

Black7
  • Black7

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 May 2006 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (PresidentKiller @ May 18 2006, 08:00)

Kent Paul because he also got himself in all kinds of trouble. You could also play as Ken Rosenberg while working for the Forellis before meeting Vercetti.

We know nothing about leo except he's a fat butcher that sidelines as a hitman. I think he's a long shot as a main character. As for Kent Paul or Rosenburg, why on earth would you want to play as the two biggest losers in the game? They're both spineless wannabes. Heck even Mercede's has more balls than those two.

GTA's use strong leading man type characters, there's at least 4-5 other people in the game who'd make better leads than those two: Umberto, Cortez(before he got rich and lazy), Mitch, Diaz(before he got fat and went nuts), and Lance's brother are all better choices for main characters. Timewise, VC is all about the 80's. They'd ruin the concept by trying to do a modern day VC or make it too far back in time(like the 60's) because it would be so far removed from the original games story.

Rockst*r said these games are "background" stories that fill out the world of the GTA it's based on. So I'd think the game will most likely follow LCS's lead and be set 3 years before VC. The main will be some mid level boss guy we dealt with for a short while and fill out the history of VC and why the map looks like it does. 3 years before, the big mall might still be under construction. The smaller islands between the two big areas might be one big island that hasn't been swamped by a hurricane yet. And the airport might also be smaller and have some low income housing where the second airport section is in front of the military base. Stuff like that.

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:50 PM

Early 80's (VC took place in '86 I believe). Lance's brother as main character? Maybe Cortez or Diaz?

ATK
  • ATK

Drive Slow

• Feroci

Posted 22 May 2006 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (Black7 @ May 22 2006, 15:35)
QUOTE (PresidentKiller @ May 18 2006, 08:00)

We know nothing about leo except he's a fat butcher that sidelines as a hitman. I think he's a long shot as a main character. As for Kent Paul or Rosenburg, why on earth would you want to play as the two biggest losers in the game? They're both spineless wannabes. Heck even Mercede's has more balls than those two.

GTA's use strong leading man type characters, there's at least 4-5 other people in the game who'd make better leads than those two: Umberto, Cortez(before he got rich and lazy), Mitch, Diaz(before he got fat and went nuts), and Lance's brother are all better choices for main characters. Timewise, VC is all about the 80's. They'd ruin the concept by trying to do a modern day VC or make it too far back in time(like the 60's) because it would be so far removed from the original games story.

Rockst*r said these games are "background" stories that fill out the world of the GTA it's based on. So I'd think the game will most likely follow LCS's lead and be set 3 years before VC. The main will be some mid level boss guy we dealt with for a short while and fill out the history of VC and why the map looks like it does. 3 years before, the big mall might still be under construction. The smaller islands between the two big areas might be one big island that hasn't been swamped by a hurricane yet. And the airport might also be smaller and have some low income housing where the second airport section is in front of the military base. Stuff like that.

We actually do know alot about leo teal. He had connections with Diaz, umberto Robina, and the unknow paypnoe man. You just arent broadaning* your sense of imagination. Kent Paul could possibly be cool to play as and would make a good story. Maybe before 1986, Kent was a hard crazy gang member. Then something could have happened that changed his life and the entire way he is, whch then leads to vice city.

You just gotta use your imagination more.

Rown
  • Rown

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:09 AM Edited by Rown, 23 May 2006 - 01:11 AM.

user posted image

Hope that doesn't stretch the page too much... if it does I'll trim it down a bit. Edit: I don't think it's too bad...

You see I thought the character or Leo Teal was a pretty interesting idea... then I read the Eugene and Moweesha cards...

I don't really like Diaz... he's too sporadic and too... Diazish... he might have had a different additude but I really don't care what it was.

I'll tell you my idea... Pedro. Pedro Garcia. He was a rival of Phil Cassidy in his weapons dealing business. Yeah that's right, I'm voting for Pedro.

You can find my sources on the board in the back (flash version):
Vice City

Rown rampage_ani.gif

scabo19
  • scabo19

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 May 2006 - 02:08 AM

I personally would like to see somebody working for tommy a few yrs after VC.That way we could see changes in the city like that construction site near the bridge to starfish island could be finished.

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 23 May 2006 - 06:41 AM

I honestly believe that what Ray told claude at the end of GTA3 was the ultimate clue to where GTA VCS should be set. Ray goes off to Vice City at the end of GTA3 or Miami, which we know is Vice City pretty much. Plus at the end of GTA3 we do't know what happens to Claude, he has no reason to stay and so he could go off to Vice City sometime after.

I would love to see you working for or against Tommy Vercetti, he could be the enemy of the game. As in LCS you saw parts of GTA3 in a different way. I would like this to be the case as well in GTA VCS. Be on the enemy's side for once.

DJDJ
  • DJDJ

Freelance Assassin.

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 23 May 2006 - 05:20 PM Edited by DJDJ, 23 May 2006 - 05:24 PM.

how many of these topics do we need lol
Anyone who's seen Scarface will know the simularities, therefore a Cuban main charecter would be too un-original as scarface was cuban and VC was strongly based around it.
Personally i would like to see Cortez, or perhaqps Big Mitch Baker - who in VC seemed the biggest dont-give-a-crap tough nut. Think of the mission messing with the man - he asks u to cause chaos. that's a feat the charecter needs. Or perhaps Phil, and Rockstar can think of another story behind his arm rofl.
Or maybe Diaz's rise. I like the idea of runnign around with a minigun with him screaming DICKHEADS! DICKHEADS! as he shoots with a cigarette in his mouth biggrin.gif
As far as years go, i think Rockstar should do something new. Start in the eighties,, and by the time you complete the game it's 2000 or something. Either way i hope they put something in that'll make you want to play on after 100%
LCS was boring after you completeed it IMO.

dozingoff.gif

The_Names_Chonks,_Marty_Chonks
  • The_Names_Chonks,_Marty_Chonks

Make that BITCH shut up... with Bitch'n' Dog Food

• Members

Posted 24 May 2006 - 05:30 PM Edited by The_Names_Chonks,_Marty_Chonks, 24 May 2006 - 05:33 PM.

Well, LCS is about Toni Cipriani and how he got the respect, money, and power in GTA III. So, my guess is, it would be Cortez and how HE got the respect, money, power, and his kickass yacht. Or, maybe his yacht could be a safehouse. Or, like the last poster said, maybe it would be about Diaz and his claim to fame. Only time will tell. And BRING BACK NUMBERS. Bars are not cool in my opinion.

Over and out.

rob346
  • rob346

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:41 AM

it would be cool to be set in the 80's i love them muscle cars and i dont know who the main charecter should be

Damaso
  • Damaso

Transporter

• Members

Posted 26 May 2006 - 03:43 PM

I am 80% sure it would'nt be any of the characters we know before. Rockstar is tricky like that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users