Photo

Racing Battle 2006

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic
Bonsaijodelfisch
  • Bonsaijodelfisch

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 June 2006 - 03:11 PM Edited by Bonsaijodelfisch, 12 June 2006 - 03:14 PM.

QUOTE (Suction Testicle Man @ Jun 12 2006, 14:42)
The comp officially finished nearly 4 hours ago - who is done and completed? Results to be posted in this topic or a new one? etc, blabla

i guessed 12 PM meaning 24:00
now i have 17:14 in germany, meaning 16:14 gmt or am i wrong?

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• None

Posted 12 June 2006 - 04:02 PM

I'm fairly sure 12PM is midday - but the first post says midday GMT anyway. Germany is an hour ahead indeed, so it now finished for you six hours ago. tounge.gif

minigb1
  • minigb1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 June 2006 - 08:29 PM

@3pIJpunoJ6 - That was a quiet build, but i like the car and that paint job looks well sweet, nice work!
@Bumper3D - Very nice classic race car, and my favourite exaughts, sidewinders!

Well done to everyone!

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 13 June 2006 - 01:34 AM Edited by -Kajun-, 13 June 2006 - 01:36 AM.

There will be NO more extensions. You all had 1 month to complete the car, and then an extra week. If you're not finished, you're f*ck all out of luck.

At this point in time, I've recieved entries from Bumper, Chickenplucker, and Bonsai (but I'm getting him to email it to me instead of hosting it on Rapidshare. Dial-up blows). From what I can see here, the only other plausible entries are Diesel GT's Veyron and groundride's Alfa. Of all the people who were in this to begin with, I'm kind of disappointed in the turn out. There were some excellent modellers in this thing, but few got their sh*t together.

Organic Zero
  • Organic Zero

|Block Rocking Beats|

• Feroci Racing

Posted 13 June 2006 - 04:43 AM

user posted image

bah, just to show that i came fairly close to finish it at time.... the bad thing is that i don't know when i'll be able to work it again, university is being a bitch to me.... cry.gif

Zak
  • Zak

Feroci ^^

• Feroci Racing

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:34 AM

wonderful entries, those who finished..

well, i wanted to get the wave gt40 done, but my damned final exams and other end of year school projects got in the way. my apologies.

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• None

Posted 13 June 2006 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE (-Kajun- @ Jun 13 2006, 02:34)
There will be NO more extensions. You all had 1 month to complete the car, and then an extra week. If you're not finished, you're f*ck all out of luck.

At this point in time, I've recieved entries from Bumper, Chickenplucker, and Bonsai (but I'm getting him to email it to me instead of hosting it on Rapidshare. Dial-up blows). From what I can see here, the only other plausible entries are Diesel GT's Veyron and groundride's Alfa. Of all the people who were in this to begin with, I'm kind of disappointed in the turn out. There were some excellent modellers in this thing, but few got their sh*t together.

If I didn't know any better I'd say you're in a bit of a woogie. anuj_cop.gif

NismoBNR32
  • NismoBNR32

ニスモ

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 13 June 2006 - 09:08 AM

I wasn't able to finish mine, I'll post some pics of what I have made in Thursday when I get home, I'm in the boarding school so I wasn't able to do any modeling there, and I usually always model during the weekend or when the school ends. The school ends this Wednesday, and I mostly spent my free time in weekends studying to get good grades in the finall exams, in which I sucedeed smile.gif so atleast I haven't wasted my time on something unusefull...
The other thing was that I actually started two cars, and couldn't decide which one to do, so I was doing both of them, and therefore haven't done much to neither one of them, haven't even managed to finish the bodywork sad.gif
I wish to apologize to the starters of the competition and I wish that there will be another one during the summer, since alot of us wont be busy with the school then and we'll have enough of free time to dedicate ourselves to the modeling for the competition.

Sylvania
  • Sylvania

Lego their ego.

• Members

Posted 13 June 2006 - 09:22 AM

What the hell, here's our stuff sad.gif

Haha, I guess the public will like it when we're done confused.gif

Nice cars, bad timing for the comp, as said before, with school.

But whatever, good comp.

user posted image

harlen
  • harlen

Satan_Rulez

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2006 - 11:08 AM

ive restarted my bmw from scratch so EA cant sue my ass off. how do i post pics like that from zmodeler2. i wanna show it but i dont know how to get decent textured screenies suicidal.gif

chickenplucker
  • chickenplucker

Old school

• Members

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:11 PM

To get anything decent looking out of zmod screens you have to go into your graphic cards prefrences and crank up all the display options like AA, and make sure they are not application controlled. Fire up zmod which will be running as slow as frozen sludge, and snap away with the printscreen button. Put a copy of it upside down directly under it for a reflection look, oh and throw a semi transparant plane in as the ground so it diffuses the reflection model a bit.

mercie_blink.gif I cant belive only three got submitted, I thought there was a lot more then that.
You guys back off last place, thats reserved for me!

harlen
  • harlen

Satan_Rulez

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:35 PM

ok, heres an f1 car ive nearly finished. ive got a custom texture, but i dont know how to get the car with textures in zmod, so heres the model.
p.s its my first completed model (from scratch) with textures.........
http://i6.tinypic.com/14a8n68.jpg

Dup
  • Dup

Retired Lurker

• Zaibatsu

Posted 13 June 2006 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE (harlen @ Jun 13 2006, 12:35)
ok, heres an f1 car ive nearly finished. ive got a custom texture, but i dont know how to get the car with textures in zmod, so heres the model.

You mean you've imported someone elses model without their textures. If you'd created it you would see the textures surely? The program is looking for textures that were applied to the model (by the person who made it I presume), you can't kid anyone on that.

Also, this thread is for a competition that has already finished. Totally wrong place as you were not even entered.

Congrats on importing someone elses hard work into your Zmod ,but lying about = one way ticket to a ban.

Bonsaijodelfisch
  • Bonsaijodelfisch

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 June 2006 - 01:45 PM

oh man, ban this idiot immediately, how stupid does he think we are?

Mark
  • Mark

Jesus hates you.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2006 - 02:27 PM Edited by GTAuron, 13 June 2006 - 02:30 PM.

I must agree lol...

Piece of advice to newbies: Don't lie. You can't fool a community that can actually model stuff. Therefore people tend to spot anything fishy a mile off. Just learn from scratch, ask for help, etc, and you'll get there, and you'll have respect. Lie, and you'll get banned. That little stunt is not only fishy, it's like a tanker full of amines has just spilt over this topic.

Well, I would have finsihed, but it was a mixture of appendicitis, laziness, and general lack of interest in that model that got me. I don't like working on one thing from start to finish, unless it can be done quick lol. I'll get round to it again, but not for a while smile.gif.

Well, this compo did achieve summin. It got peoples creativity going, got people modelling, and has given us some pretty things to look at, and hopefully, maybe even play with smile.gif.

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 13 June 2006 - 02:47 PM

I apologise for my lateness in submittal. I just mailed my link to Kajun.
I've had alot of trouble with my PC - some f*ck brute forced his way into our wireless network and then went crazy deleting system files, so I'm now on my brother's PC, with my HD hooked up as a slave. Salvaging important files and then I'll have to reformat. Awesome. sad.gif

92F
  • 92F

Gangsta

• Feroci Racing

Posted 13 June 2006 - 04:27 PM

Yes, nobody can just enter a competition at random...

This will probably be the first in a line of competitions held throughout the year with Feroci involvement.

All i need to do now is catch Kajun on msn, and the judging can begin.

Thanks to all who entered AND managed to finish on time. To those who didnt, unlucky but I hope something can be taken from your involvement.

Judging will take around a week. I hope to anounce winners/places by next monday.

pinky
  • pinky

"Tooled up and chibbin' ye, ya Bass".

• Members

Posted 13 June 2006 - 07:30 PM

Toca 3 model, I can garuantee it.
I have extracted a few for myself and I have quite clearly seen this one while browsing through then all.
You could have at least picked a more inconspicous car from them all surely.
I could even post a pic of it if further proof is required.

I have nothing against conversions mate but I do beleive a good kick up the arse is required for posting it in this topic and claiming it's yours.

harlen
  • harlen

Satan_Rulez

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 June 2006 - 07:44 PM

it is mine! the only thing i did was take the wheels from the toca game, thats all. so its fair to say i didnt do ALL of it, but i did most of it. i even have a custom black and purple skin with it. (which i made MYSELF)

92F
  • 92F

Gangsta

• Feroci Racing

Posted 13 June 2006 - 07:53 PM

Yeh, well I dont think anyone really cares, nor is this the place to discuss or "show off" the model.

Walk on by, thank you please...

Stefaan
  • Stefaan

Revolutionary

• Feroci Racing

Posted 17 June 2006 - 02:23 PM

So... when will the winner be anounced?

92F
  • 92F

Gangsta

• Feroci Racing

Posted 18 June 2006 - 07:47 PM

Whaaat, who unlocked this?

winners will be announced tomorrow sometime. Kaj will be making a topic as Im away on detachment early monday morning.

Stefaan
  • Stefaan

Revolutionary

• Feroci Racing

Posted 18 June 2006 - 09:23 PM

I did sir, as you forgot to mention when the results will be made released.

I shall lock this again, Good day and bye.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users