• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic
Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (6x6 modeler @ Jun 2 2006, 19:42)
im makin an h1 soft top off road race truck now. unlike some others iv seen its got the little bit on the front stikin out over the wheel and the space 4 the turn signal.

You may want to (or, I want you to) post in the Picture Post and Commentary thread. It always on the first page, not too hard to spot.

I ask this simply because this is the thread for the modeling competiton, and your Hummer H1 *pukes* soft top is not of the competition. Thank you.

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 03 June 2006 - 11:36 PM

progress! finally. woo.

prerequisite composite shot:
user posted image

proper renders:
user posted image
user posted image

big image cos i like the tyeres:
user posted image

xmas.gif

.59 Reverse
  • .59 Reverse

VIP, bitches!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 04 June 2006 - 01:05 AM

have you got any specs? or is it just a looks car?

i'd be interested in seeing if you came up with any way to lighten it.. and if you have more power than stock..

with a rollcage, uprated brakes, safety equipment and all kinds of other things, i'd think you'd regain the weight of stripping out the luxo-interior and such.. and is the power increased any? or decreased?

some ways of losing weight would be cutting the 4WD (cant tell whether you have or havent.. but i dont see any driveshafts in the front) ditching the quad turbos for 2 turbos would also cut down some weight.. and possibly increase output.. i mean.. with an 8-liter V16, where would you get lag?

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:43 AM Edited by DieselGT, 04 June 2006 - 09:49 AM.

I didn't come up with a spec sheet as I was working, but I had a rough idea of some backstory, which can be extrapolated into one.

Basically this is for the Gentleman Driver's GT, implying rich men who buy and run their own cars, as much or little modified as they want/can afford. Obviously Mr. Franito is exceedingly rich indeed if he can afford to buy and tune a Veyron exclusively for racing. Now a Veyron is already one of the fastest cars on the planet, and I haven't really heard any bad reports about its handling either, most journos report it's exactly as hard or soft as you want and as equally manageable in town as at 253mph on the autobahn.

However, weight is always a bad thing and though the Bugatti carries it well it's always better to ditch as much as possible, if only for fuel concerns. As such the full shell was re-made from aluminium into CF, as you said the interior ripped out as per usual, and most of the electronics. It'll be heavy as all hell to steer without the power assist, and no ABS means it probably isn't wise to see if it can pass 253 unlike its stock, electronically-limited brother. That doesn't mean he hasn't tweaked the christ out of the ECU, though. Mostly for fuel management. As you said, 4WD dumped in favour of a RWD tranny, that sh*t is heavy and doesn't justify itself on the racecourse often. And, as a result, the engine is downrated a bit, max output now somewhere in the range of 800 horses, normally operating at about 500 tops. That probably means removal of half of the turbines, yes. Since we're not grappling with a thousand horsepower anymore, we can ditch the custom-made seven speed DSG gearbox, and replace it with a more standard, less friendly offering. Exhaust system remains the same, but with so much less engine venting through it, it breathes alot easier than it did.

Brakes are swapped out for different carbon-ceramic composites, wheels are the same shape and size as stock but magnesium forged and shed in Pirelli race slicks instead of the stock Michelin offerings. Franito is a patriot nut.

Actually I just made it cos I thought it'd look cool. heh.

edit: alternatively Franito just lowered it, adding a retardedly huge rear wing and painted it all funky, and called it done. and I forgot to model the front driveshafts. either explanation is good.

iRloading
  • iRloading

Kool Kid Krew

• Zaibatsu

Posted 04 June 2006 - 02:56 PM Edited by irloading, 04 June 2006 - 03:00 PM.

tounge.gif

user posted image

still an interior and some egnine bits left~

yah, i know rear wheelarch blocky, i fix later

ed: whuh? specs-wha?

.59 Reverse
  • .59 Reverse

VIP, bitches!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 04 June 2006 - 07:30 PM

i like the looks of that.. specs make it look even better.. tounge2.gif

chickenplucker
  • chickenplucker

Old school

• Members

Posted 05 June 2006 - 06:46 PM

Rendering will be a problem for me since I'm using zmod1, but heres a shot I was playing around with in PS while I should have been building ads. Probley at the 85% mark unless you count the work it takes to get everything working in game.
user posted image

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 June 2006 - 05:25 PM

Right, I'm pulling out. This is the 1st time I've been able to get on the PC in a week, cause I've been in hospital with appendicitis. My bad, but I think I got a decent enough reason for pulling out hehe.

DOHC_VTEC
  • DOHC_VTEC

A.K.A Herc

• Members

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:08 AM

Yeah me too. I predicted id have more time to spend on this compo but noooo. I was working on a nissan r31 200zr. I this is a pic from when i was messing round with it..

user posted image
I was modeling in Maya and threw on a crap metal texture on for the hell of it.

Good luck to all the other compeditors icon14.gif

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:12 AM

Well, I'm just throwing a little question in here. Who's actually still in the competition? Mark (GTAuron) and DOHC just pulled out. I've been told on MSN just now that Tchuck is going to be leaving his house for the next 2 weeks, therefore unable to complete his car. I know a few of you are still in it, but who else is?

Everyone who is still in the competition and WILL BE COMPLETING THEIR CARS please post. Just need a number.

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:14 AM

Ya, I'll be completing. When's the final date? And did you work out what you're going to need to judge the finals on? Cause it would be nice to know a bti in advance so we have some time to plan our final renders or whathaveyou.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 June 2006 - 10:23 AM

Oh i'll get done one day, just not for the compo. After exams maybe wink.gif .

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• None

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:12 PM

Stef and I are still very much in. wink.gif

iRloading
  • iRloading

Kool Kid Krew

• Zaibatsu

Posted 08 June 2006 - 04:08 AM

I = pull out till further notice tounge.gif (installing new hard disks and hoping this drive-cloning program works for the life of it~ if not, oh well tounge2.gif )

@DOHC: it sort-off reminds me of an 80's mustang biggrin.gif (must be the hood+angle)

92F
  • 92F

Gangsta

• Feroci Racing

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (DieselGT @ Jun 7 2006, 09:14)
Ya, I'll be completing. When's the final date? And did you work out what you're going to need to judge the finals on? Cause it would be nice to know a bti in advance so we have some time to plan our final renders or whathaveyou.

Final date is now June 12th. Models will be judged along the lines of poly placement, management, detail, Team livery paintwork/design etc

When the finish date arrives could you please pm Kajun with a link to your final models (would be appreciated if it was .dff or 3dz file or whatever file max exports as)

I didnt think we would have this many with-drawels, even with an extra week...

minigb1
  • minigb1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 June 2006 - 01:27 PM

Its a bad time of the year though for those of us who are still at school,college or university.

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:19 PM

Oh, and if you all could stick teh final models in a .zip or .rar file, it would be appreciated. Dial up still has me by the balls I'm afraid.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 10 June 2006 - 12:06 AM

as I said that im 100% out... exams and such

chickenplucker
  • chickenplucker

Old school

• Members

Posted 10 June 2006 - 05:56 PM

Well I'm done with my little plywood/8hp wonder. Its a LM version of the stock 1953 Ardex, a little French Micro car. Its main threats on the track are the dreaded Subaru 360, the over powered BMW Isetta, and the feared Amish buggy. It was made just for fun, as anything that odd should be. I'll prolly get it in GTA one of these days when I have nothing going on. Some zmod screens..

user posted image

user posted image

At the moment I have no web space to upload a zip, do you have an email acount we can send our finished files too?
Cant wait to see what the other entries will look like.

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 10 June 2006 - 06:20 PM

You can email them to [email protected]

Or, subsequently, you could have gone to my profile, or clicked the little "email" button under each one of my posts. But, whatever rubs you buddha I suppose.....

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

• None

Posted 11 June 2006 - 07:52 PM

c*nt Racing on the inflank cool.gif

user posted image

Er, can we get an extension?

Sylvania
  • Sylvania

Lego their ego.

• Members

Posted 12 June 2006 - 04:56 AM

icon14.gif That'd be somewhat nice, our project is almost in the exact same state.. mad.gif

Lookin good, what type of car?

Bonsaijodelfisch
  • Bonsaijodelfisch

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 June 2006 - 06:56 AM

that looks fine, but why another extension? the rules were the 4th, then even changed to today. at this state you have about 25% of the car done. at this speed i don't think another extension would help.

daym, i'm stupid, where shall i send the model to again?

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 12 June 2006 - 07:04 AM

A Scaglietti, interesting choice..

You want an extension on the extension? Yeesh, you guys need to plan better. I've done AS level exams for two weeks and I still finished on time. I'm getting bored here! I can't even imagine how bored Bonsai is. Get your acts together! yawn.gif

.59 Reverse
  • .59 Reverse

VIP, bitches!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 12 June 2006 - 07:15 AM

screw an extension.. me and gr basically killed ourselves (gr killed himself more.. he's STILL rendering and he's not even a night guy..) to finish the freakin' textures and renders by the deadline.. seeing as we slacked the entire week extension because we could.. another extension would be pointless.. if you were too bored to finish in one month, you'll be too bored to finish in two.. dont waste your time worrying about finishing.. do something else.. the comp's basically over anyway.. yay for 2am..

3pIJpunoJ6
  • 3pIJpunoJ6

speedlimit++

• Members

Posted 12 June 2006 - 07:50 AM

user posted image
they WERE all going to be big..
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 12 June 2006 - 08:04 AM

Ooh, I like. I see you went for the Italian Pride thing like me. Very nice smile.gif

This could be a close one.

Bumper3D
  • Bumper3D

Still on 80's

• Feroci Racing

Posted 12 June 2006 - 11:44 AM

Okay here are my final pics.
The paintjob is simple, but hell, at least I like it. tounge.gif

user posted image
user posted image

Anyways, the files have been sent to Kajun a while back. I hope I'm still in.
Don't think I'm going to win though, as all the other cars are so damn hot! wow.gif

chickenplucker
  • chickenplucker

Old school

• Members

Posted 12 June 2006 - 01:44 PM

Very nice work guys, I was wondering what everyone was building. Are any of those babys going to make it to SA?

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

• None

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:42 PM

The comp officially finished nearly 4 hours ago - who is done and completed? Results to be posted in this topic or a new one? etc, blabla

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users