• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic
Bonsaijodelfisch
  • Bonsaijodelfisch

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:07 PM

FIRST TO FINISH bbq.gif
modeling complete, just need to texture the seat (and if it comes bad dashboard and wheel) and its ready for sanandreas biggrin.gif
user posted image

Mark
  • Mark

Jesus hates you.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:53 PM

user posted image

oh, me lag way behind. Hmph. I'm so lazy at the mo, I can't be arsed to UV Unwrap it. Guess I could make a decent chassis for it though. I might just have it like a drag racer, well, not in the fact it's crap at turning, but just a shell on top of a f*cking evil chassis smile.gif. We'll see. I like rollcages, so I'm gonna make a meaty one hehehe.btw those rims aren't staying. Might optimise em a bit, but they're my polywaste 5k a wheel things i made for the old wheel comp, and I can cut em to about 1k, just by getting rid of the 40 revolution tyres etc tounge.gif.

bjiz
  • bjiz

Poly pleasure

• Members

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:55 PM

hm, i still have only the body sad.gif

texturing it all over again now, made more detail to it and therefore...clipping texes sad.gif

wonderful underbody there bonsai (never thought i would say that to a guy...)

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 12 May 2006 - 09:14 PM

First time I've actually been able to check out this new topic (with the forums being rather unreliable at the moment) and I must say, I'm glad I pulled out of the compo to help judge. I'd have had my ass handed to me on a silver platter with the models you guys are showing. Excellent models, and keep up the good work. biggrin.gif

Zak
  • Zak

Feroci ^^

• Feroci Racing

Posted 13 May 2006 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE (bjiz @ May 12 2006, 19:55)
hm, i still have only the body sad.gif

texturing it all over again now, made more detail to it and therefore...clipping texes sad.gif

wonderful underbody there bonsai (never thought i would say that to a guy...)

fear not, i have started on the interior already biggrin.gif pics soon..

and wow guys, all these hot models... mmm.. ph34r.gif

bjiz
  • bjiz

Poly pleasure

• Members

Posted 13 May 2006 - 07:45 AM

ah! good, now we just need WHEELS smile.gif

earth to choofa.... alien.gif

123abc
  • 123abc

Text Book f*cking Mental

• Feroci Racing

Posted 13 May 2006 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (Bonsaijodelfisch @ May 12 2006, 07:07)
FIRST TO FINISH bbq.gif
modeling complete, just need to texture the seat (and if it comes bad dashboard and wheel) and its ready for sanandreas biggrin.gif
user posted image

I thought cobra's had IRS? blink.gif

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 14 May 2006 - 12:31 AM

user posted image

Gotta lower it a bit, some tweaks to make the headlights LEDs rather than heavy heavy bulbs, canards and vents and such. Rar.

Bonsaijodelfisch
  • Bonsaijodelfisch

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 May 2006 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (123abc @ May 13 2006, 19:21)
QUOTE (Bonsaijodelfisch @ May 12 2006, 07:07)
FIRST TO FINISH bbq.gif
*pipipipicture*

I thought cobra's had IRS? blink.gif

IRS? = independant rear suspension?
well, if it means that i'll have to change that, daym. didnt have any reference for the underbody

lySdEXiA
  • lySdEXiA

3rd Gear and a Ham Sandwich

• Feroci Racing

Posted 14 May 2006 - 04:36 PM

pretty sure they were live axle actually...

Bumper3D
  • Bumper3D

Still on 80's

• Feroci Racing

Posted 14 May 2006 - 05:27 PM

Good stuff, everyone!

Started texturing the interior. Low-res tex madness. cry.gif

user posted image

Bonsaijodelfisch
  • Bonsaijodelfisch

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 May 2006 - 05:51 PM

oh man bumper, you're crazy, you must have a wand which you wave over your photoshop and then it creates such textures all by itself biggrin.gif you call that low-res-texture? wohoo, you havent seen my interior from closer biggrin.gif
since nobody told anything about gt-legends wheeltexture i'll just leave it this way.
btw. i'm not too sure what means irs and live axle, so could anybody just tell me if my suspension is right or wrong?

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 14 May 2006 - 06:24 PM

Have I ever told you guys how much I hate you? Take your talent and get out.
I have to finish coursework tonight, and I have an exam Wednesday, so I probably won't be able to make any progress until Thursday at the earliest. sad.gif

How much time do we have left, btw?

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 14 May 2006 - 06:45 PM

DTG, there are 21 days (3 weeks) left in the competition.

iRloading
  • iRloading

Kool Kid Krew

• Zaibatsu

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:42 AM Edited by irloading, 15 May 2006 - 01:25 PM.

suicidal.gif

user posted image

ferrari250gt

well... still bonkering the front and hood

just a days in tounge.gif 3 weeks to go~ bhaha... ack...

ed: stands in at a polyfecked count of 2400+ triangles tounge.gif should hopefully STILL be in the limit when i get to the engine~ blahar, if not~ i'm doing the poorman's polytrimming of welding vertices together, nyarharnyar~

cBonky
  • cBonky

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 May 2006 - 06:00 AM Edited by cBonky, 15 May 2006 - 11:43 AM.

Bonsai, here is a basic introduction to IRS layout as offered by most manufacturers, this is from a 2000 stang I believe, but they vary very little in general, apart from adjusted pickups/lengths and of course fabrication when it comes to custom setups. This one employs control arms, generally for racing purposes a double wishbone setup is preferable, as is the case with the AC Cobra.

http://mysticcobra.n...ystem/00irs.jpg

If you search google images with "independent rear suspension" or "irs" and similar, you should find some really good reference pics to base any IRS models on.

Live axle involves a solid axle with driveshafts that directly transfers movement from one hub/wheel to the other, which generally results in unflattering behaviour during cornering, and especially over bumps; a solid performer for smooth quarter miles though.

http://en.wikipedia....on_technologies

The AC Cobra is entirely independent unequal wishbones on all four corners, originally starting with leaf springs, but quickly began employing coil-over to tame the insane engines being dropped into the chassis.

Majestic
  • Majestic

dirty commie

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 May 2006 - 06:02 AM

@irloading: Too smooth, perhaps? Will be a poly monster wink.gif

@DieselGT: render takes away from the model

@Bumper3D: marry me

Monitor57
  • Monitor57

LC - II Designer

• Members

Posted 15 May 2006 - 09:34 AM

@irloading, smoothen out the top of ur wheel arches to match the smoothness of the rest of ur beutiful car.

i would enter this competition with my Vauxhall Nova, but i cant however because 3d studio max 6 has had an error in the registration and the auth key doesnt work anymore, neither does un-installing and re-installing. its been 2 weeks now without it. does anybody know how to fix this?

-M57

Mark
  • Mark

Jesus hates you.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:33 PM

user posted image

My gots bored, thus I just did another zmod render. Only progress since the last pic is tweaking a bit of the mesh, and I've made the platform on which I can build the innards of the car on. Yeah, it's gonna be a shell with a car underneath bascially.

iRloading
  • iRloading

Kool Kid Krew

• Zaibatsu

Posted 15 May 2006 - 01:35 PM

QUOTE (Monitor57 @ May 15 2006, 17:34)
@irloading, smoothen out the top of ur wheel arches to match the smoothness of the rest of ur beutiful car.

i would enter this competition with my Vauxhall Nova, but i cant however because 3d studio max 6 has had an error in the registration and the auth key doesnt work anymore, neither does un-installing and re-installing. its been 2 weeks now without it. does anybody know how to fix this?

-M57

egads~

that happened to me some time ago bored.gif

*AGAIN*

i did the delete the license manually+registry thing, and somehow worked for a while, then it popped and did it again so i dids a reformat tounge.gif (after like burning all my goodies and stuff into DVD format tounge.gif)

hasnt clunked on me yet tounge.gif

(there might be a less strenous solution elsewhere, goodluck finding one tho)

flashg
  • flashg

Tastes like raisins

• Feroci Racing
  • Finland

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:19 PM

@mon

that happened to me also and I tried exactly same things as irloading.
Finally I had to reinstall that damn wxp again smile.gif

I really need to continue the Volvo. I've been doing other projects mostly now.
Anyways great work guys, this will be very tough contest cool.gif

Bonsaijodelfisch
  • Bonsaijodelfisch

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:33 PM

man, 123abc, did you have to say that? this irs is driving me mad, its just so many tubes on the cobra frame+suspension, this untextured shizzle here is already roundabout 1000 polys, and i don't have any clue how i should texture that
user posted image

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:38 PM

DGT, the SEAT Cupra GT looks a bit like a Bugatti Veyron GTR could end up. You might get some ideas from the rear of that to spice it up a bit?

I don't know why they've badged that thing as Cupra. It's like they stole some slightly smudged Veyron blueprints while in a meeting at VW and hoped nobody would notice. tounge.gif

I'm not aware of any actual Veyron GTR projects. It's probably too big to fit in any pit lanes, lol.

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ May 15 2006, 15:38)
DGT, the SEAT Cupra GT looks a bit like a Bugatti Veyron GTR could end up. You might get some ideas from the rear of that to spice it up a bit?

I don't know why they've badged that thing as Cupra. It's like they stole some slightly smudged Veyron blueprints while in a meeting at VW and hoped nobody would notice. tounge.gif

I'm not aware of any actual Veyron GTR projects. It's probably too big to fit in any pit lanes, lol.

My god, not only can they not come up with an original design, the name seems like a blatant rip-off to me...

iRloading
  • iRloading

Kool Kid Krew

• Zaibatsu

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:39 PM Edited by irloading, 15 May 2006 - 08:41 PM.

currently stands in at 2500+ triangles

user posted image

rear and roof still looks lumpy tho tounge.gif~ and some details on the bumper i'll add in later on~ will fix later, enough modeling for now~

~and that cupra looks strange, like i should be fueling it with AA batteries

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 15 May 2006 - 09:09 PM Edited by Snow Racer, 15 May 2006 - 09:12 PM.

oh well... here it goes...

user posted image

orange addicted catspider.gif
::edit
custom coupe 1998 s8...

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 15 May 2006 - 09:56 PM Edited by DieselGT, 15 May 2006 - 09:59 PM.

QUOTE (Cerbera @ May 15 2006, 20:38)
DGT, the SEAT Cupra GT looks a bit like a Bugatti Veyron GTR could end up.  You might get some ideas from the rear of that to spice it up a bit?

I don't know why they've badged that thing as Cupra.  It's like they stole some slightly smudged Veyron blueprints while in a meeting at VW and hoped nobody would notice. tounge.gif

I'm not aware of any actual Veyron GTR projects.  It's probably too big to fit in any pit lanes, lol.

That is one ugly mother of a car. Dear god. cry.gif

I don't think they'll be making a racing Veyron. It's too heavy; with that engine there isn't much you can do to reduce the weight, and without the engine it's not a Veyron. They could probably put up a good fight on a circuit as-is, though, so long as there wasn't a cooling problem. Doesn't stop me from making one though tounge.gif

QUOTE (irloading)
currently stands in at 2500+ triangles

user posted image

rear and roof still looks lumpy tho tounge.gif~ and some details on the bumper i'll add in later on~ will fix later, enough modeling for now~

~and that cupra looks strange, like i should be fueling it with AA batteries

That, however, is not. Great job so far. Only 2.5 grand and so smooth!

I've been plugging away at the race version. I need to make some high-flow fuel ports next, and some other little things, and then I guess an interior would be nice. And then we unwrap. Christ, it's been a while since I unwrapped a car this complex.

user posted image
edit: eww, max's transparency came out sh*tty, not saving that again.

user posted image

iRloading
  • iRloading

Kool Kid Krew

• Zaibatsu

Posted 16 May 2006 - 08:01 AM

thanks smile.gif

a teeny update:

user posted image

now weighs in at 2908 triangles tounge.gif

thankfully the ferraris of this era have spartan interiors meaning i might be able to spend a few more on the body/underbody/engine

just finished the shell, just have to make tail lights and little ferrari badges, teeny details and a bit of tweaking the body and onwards to interior monocle.gif

Bonsaijodelfisch
  • Bonsaijodelfisch

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 May 2006 - 12:26 PM

wohoo, kind of ferrari domination in here biggrin.gif looks great and smooth irloading smile.gif
got my suspension textured, seat also, but it looks awful, will have to do that again, apart from that its finished. when we're ready, should we send the models to someone, or post renders and wires?
user posted image
user posted image

stretch.
  • stretch.

30% of the time, we deliver all the time!

• Members

Posted 16 May 2006 - 05:34 PM

Sadly, I'm gonna have to pull out of this, as my grans extremely ill at the moment, so I have even less than the small amount of time I had before, although, seanorris can feel free to take over britsport if he wishes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users