Quantcast

» «
Photo

[REL] locolot1

9 replies to this topic
locO G
  • locO G

LocO by name... But keeping an even keel.

• Members

Posted 04 May 2006 - 10:58 PM Edited by locO G, 06 May 2006 - 06:48 PM.

This is the 1.1 release of illcom_c1_r1. All instructions for installation are included.

Download

user posted image

There are currently no LODs as I can't seem to get them to show in game. I've just noticed that Gforce has replied to my plea for aid during the composition of this post so that's the next thing to look at.
Fixed

The lighting is a bit odd in places but there's little point in doing anything about it until the new MI-SA lighting standard has been sorted.

Please take a look and point out anything you think may need refining.

Your comments are invaluable.

Watch this space for further updates

EDIT: I've just noticed a corruption in the .TXD file which tints some of the textures greenish? The path to the beach and the front car park for example.
I'll correct this and repost once I've downloaded the latest version of TXDworkshop.
Fixed.

Edit: 06/05/06

I've fixed the invisible .COL of doom.

I may well revisit the LODs in the future to try and reduce the poly count. I won't know if it's a problem until more lots are released.

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 May 2006 - 02:26 AM

i just installed this lot and i have to say it is like a breath of fresh air in Myriad smile.gif

i did notice there is an alpha issue, i modified the "plot" ide line to flag 4 and here are some pics to show the before and after results.

user posted imageuser posted image

as you can see both pics were taken about the same time ingame, the only problem with adding alpha flags is that if you apply them to models with non alpha textures the game illuminates the non alpha textures so they appear brighter.

the best solution imo is to make a seperate alpha model that only contains alpha mapped polies and use a flag of 4 or 8 or 132 or 136 in the ide line, the latter 2 flags seem to work best on non pre-lit models.

here is one of my lots ingame using a low poly double-sided alpha model for the windows using flag 4 ...

user posted image

i look forward to the rest of this release biggrin.gif

and before anyone says it, yes i know, im not doing too well on staying away from here user posted image

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 05 May 2006 - 09:22 AM

This is some damn quality work locO G! It's a definate push in the right direction for Myriad, and this is one of the better lots I have seen. The final pre-lit version with LODs should be amazing.

icon14.gif

Oh and GForce, you're around an awful lot aren't you tounge.gif

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 05 May 2006 - 10:11 AM Edited by aad, 05 May 2006 - 02:44 PM.

Just some nice architecture thats been putted on the Map. I really need to see this ingame. Hopefully my spacefillers and stuff will be released within some days now tounge.gif

Finnaly got it working (Thanx Gforce tounge.gif ) and by the looks if it its really nice and clean altough some textures could need some optimizing since they look a litle blurry and stretched you may take a look at that LocoG

locO G
  • locO G

• Members

Posted 05 May 2006 - 06:55 PM Edited by locO G, 06 May 2006 - 06:49 PM.

[Rel v1.1 ]Finished.

Download

LODs are in thanks to Gforce. You really do know your onions.
The strange greenish textures have been sorted.

The chain link fence alpha problem has been sorted, yet again, thanks to Gforce. I've aready run out of IDE lines and there's no way I'm going to radically remodel anything at this stage. Here's the solution. Cran, my neighbour (illcom_c2_r1), and I will combine our fences to one .dff, hence the IDE addition in his lot space. Thanks Cran.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 06 May 2006 - 08:31 AM

I tested your newest version and it actualy looks really cool with those lods included but maybe some things u should now

Lod models dont need colfiles but that doesnt matter if you included them.
and maybe 1 small thing to report in your readme that we need to renumber the rest of the objects to make your lot to work or not make the game to crash.

Its just advice and i really like your style of modeling.

And here are some things i found during testing your lot and taking a look at every litle corner there was.

user posted image

As i drawn out on the screen there is an invisable wall. so you may need to take a look at that point again

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

(-:-)

• Members

Posted 06 May 2006 - 09:43 AM

Nice work!
I will be able to put this lot only in summer. cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif

locO G
  • locO G

• Members

Posted 06 May 2006 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE (aad @ May 6 2006, 08:31)
user posted image

Thanks for that. It's fixed now.

Download

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:04 PM Edited by mickarrow, 08 May 2006 - 09:02 PM.

that's one nice looking lot. icon14.gif

I haven't got it ingame yet, so I can only comment on what I see. And what I see I like.

One slight thingy: in the pic aad showed, I see you put a window on a corner. Now this can be the perspective, like I said, I haven't got it ingame myself...

Other then that. Great work!

locO G
  • locO G

• Members

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:25 PM

One slight thingy: in the pic aad showed, I see you put a window on a corner. Now this can be the perspective, like I said, I haven't got it ingame myself...

Mmm. Yes I do see what you mean. From that angle it does look a bit odd.
The wall is rounded so it isn't that bad but I'll have a look.
It was an absolute pig texturing those bloody windows.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users