The Job

19 replies to this topic
Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:32 AM

How the hell do you get thru this mission??????
What do I have to do once I exit the bank???
How do I keep my accomplices alive??
Please advise.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:58 AM

Run like hell.

It's how I complete it. Hillary will die, and I believe whether you manage to save Cam or not determines if you receive $50,000 or $30,000 for the mission completion. So yeah, once you've got the SWAT on you, sprint out and get in the cab. Just go for speed above all else, as far as I'm concerned.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:39 PM

This mission is probably the hardest in the game. As Fuzzy say's the key is to just get out of there but other factors come into it.

Firstly as he said Hillary dies, and it doesn’t matter about Cam, but if Phil dies (or yourself) you will fail the mission. So the best thing to do is kill as many SWAT members you can on your run to the taxi. Once in there is a pay 'n' spray nearby, but it can be tricky to get in with the amount of heat on your tail.

Get to Cam's place and mission is done.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:33 PM

Yeah, The Jobs yields $50G regardless. But Phil cannot die as stated. I too do the PNS first, then Cam's. My best suggestion for this mission is to get all the hidden packages first. The minigun is a great equalizer as you can leave the bank and just destroy all the nearby police, making the mad dash to PNS easier.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 05 May 2006 - 11:19 AM

This mission is kind of frustrating because its kind of long, and difficult (mainly at the end)...

How I do it,

After Hillary drops you off, go pick up a car, and park it around on the left side of the bank when facing the bank.

Do the mission-- after the swat guys enter and you kill them, but before you exit the bank... kill Cam... the way the game is coded, Cam follows you and Phil follows him, if you kill Cam, Phil will follow you and this will keep him closer to you making it harder for him to be killed and you won't have to wait as long for him to get in your get away car...

Exit, ignore the cops and run around the side of the building and get in your car, drive to pay n spray...

gtaisthebestgame
  • gtaisthebestgame

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:27 AM

For me, this mission was easy.

First u rob the bank but dont do it fast cuz there r some security who may kill u, after u talk to manager an u go join phil

SWAT will come. Kill those 4 guys from SWAT and go out.

Kill those 3 SWAT guys outside and pick the faster as possible the taxi

Go to pay & spray and go back to phil and cam

Get near Cams place and kill cam

After killing cam, enter to cams place and u got 50000$ and not 30000$

tommyalma
  • tommyalma

†לэ flỵÌήξ ךдxi

• Members

Posted 17 May 2006 - 04:28 AM

For all the clever tricks you could use, I've seriously found that the best method is the most direct: blast the cops closest to the door, jump in the cab, make sure you have Phil, and book it to Cam's. Just don't hang around too long.

If you're into tricks, a heli around the corner works well. Make sure you leave the door open. Cars disappear on me too often.

jimbo6821
  • jimbo6821

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 May 2006 - 01:32 PM

before you go to the club to do the mission take and park a car around back of the bank theres alittle alley ( if you face the bank its on your left side theres alittle sidewalk to go down ) there so instead of making a suicide run for the taxi just goto the car you hid which gives you a jump on the cops ( if you own the car dealership drive there which is only about 5 turns away and get into the paint n spray)
moto_whistle.gif

Multiformat Gamer
  • Multiformat Gamer

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:46 AM

Firstly before you start that mission drive down to Ammunation and buy the $5000 uzi gun buy a lot of ammo. Buy some body armour as this will make you harder to kill. Now start the mission and use the gun you bought and youll see its easier to fight your way threw. When you get to the taxi dont run towards it shoot the swat team down then get in the taxi and quick. THe second phil and you are in the car floor it to the pay n spray. Check your map to find the nearest one. When your car has been sprayed wait till the stars stop blinking then drive carefully to where you need to go.

Sorted or you could park a helicopter at the side a bit and get everyone in fly them to the bomb shop and jack a four door car and drive back to pick them up then go to the pay n spray which is down the street from you.

kuhsum
  • kuhsum

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 May 2006 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (girishb_86 @ May 4 2006, 09:32)
How the hell do you get thru this mission??????
What do I have to do once I exit the bank???
How do I keep my accomplices alive??
Please advise.

You put in a no wanted cheat.
And then you kill what you see. anuj_cop.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (kuhsum @ May 22 2006, 08:29)
You put in a no wanted cheat.

This is the gameplay section-- cheating is one section down... angry.gif

I honestly don't understand how anyone would want to use cheats to pass a mission-- every mission is passable without cheats-- one of the best things in any game is figuriong out how to pass tough missions-- the harder the mission, the greater the satisfaction when you pass it...

GTA Smart Dude
  • GTA Smart Dude

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 June 2006 - 01:03 AM

Also during this mission there is a glitch that I experienced 1 time but too bad i failed when it happened. Ok i started the mission robbed the bank didnt let Cam die then i went outside when all of a sudden, Phil Cassidy starts running around and hilary squished Phil. but i didnt fail. Cam was alive and hilary was dead i was too busy examining the body making positive it was phil and the SWAT killed me boo hoo. I dont know what made phil walk away to the point where Hilary squished him and ya it was phil because it was an m4 on the floor while Cam using MP5 if im wrong just correct me.

AmieScheckenhausen
  • AmieScheckenhausen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 June 2006 - 11:02 AM

weird that Hill can squish anybody when he does not make out of the cutscene...isn't it ?
I don't find that mission so hard, before I leave the bank I pick up a fresh body armor from inside the bank, then get out, kill some of the swat guys, get in the taxi and take the little sideway to the left enjoy the 5 seconds ride to PNS, that's it. I add a bit of realism to the mission by beating up the bank manager...

Adrena1in
  • Adrena1in

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 December 2006 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (AmieScheckenhausen @ Jun 1 2006, 11:02)
I add a bit of realism to the mission by beating up the bank manager...

biggrin.gif

I'm finding this to be the hardest mission so far. As someone said, it's just so long, that failing it several times can mean half an hour or an hour goes by and you've not got anywhere. I don't want to cheat, but I did come in here to get some tips. (I already had the idea of using a different getaway vehicle. Tried parking the Gruppe Sechs van by the bank exit, but that disappeared by the time I came outside. Besides, would probably be too slow.)

Was kind of hoping there would be an alternative method. Such as G-Spotlight, which I was also having issues with, until I realised you could just use a Helicopter.

Looks like I'll just have to keep trying with The Job though. Thing is, first time I tried it is the time I did best. All three of us got outside, got into the Taxi, made a break for freedom, only to get blown up. Since then my progress has been worse and worse. Nearly always either Cam, Phil or I get killed.

(I certainly hope that completing this mission completes the Asset!)

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (Adrena1in @ Dec 21 2006, 00:48)
(I already had the idea of using a different getaway vehicle. Tried parking the Gruppe Sechs van by the bank exit, but that disappeared by the time I came outside. Besides, would probably be too slow.)

If you're still interested in this idea, keep the vehicle's door open when you exit (by holding a directional key or sprint when exiting). This should keep the vehicle in the game's memory. icon14.gif

willum
  • willum

Forum Newbie

• Members

Posted 21 December 2006 - 10:43 AM

Could I just say, regardless of if you have the cops on you, the SWAT will shoot you. I passed it by just getting in that taxi and flooring it. Helicopters blow up easy, and there's a bigger chance you'll be chucked out or crash too much than you passing or Phil getting into your choper.

Obsidian Mirror
  • Obsidian Mirror

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2006 - 07:15 PM

Here's what I did. When you get to the bank, walk up the steps. To the right is the pink halo to launch the mission,to the left is a walkway behind the bushes that leads to a side alley. You need to position a get-away car here before launching the robbery. Go back to the street and snatch a sedan passing by. It must have four doors or both Phil and Cam won't be able to get in. I like an Admiral. Drive the car behind the bank and you'll find an entrance into a sandy lot behind the bank. Drive in here and back the car up onto that side walkway you saw earlier. Then exit the car, and get Phil and Cam and do your mission. When Hillary gets killed leave immediately and take the car to the Pay N Spray a couple blocks north for a repaint. Then go back to the sand lot behind the bank and pick up Phil and Cam. You have to get out of the car and walk towards them, or they won"t "see" you and run towards you. When they both get in, head south on the side street a couple blocks before coming back to the main drag and heading for Cam's

Adrena1in
  • Adrena1in

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:02 PM

It's funny how sometimes a mission seems really easy. I took two bits of advice from here.

1) Kill Cam before you leave.
2) Park a car down the alley to the left of the bank as you look at it from the street.

I made it out easy, and got all the way to Sunshine Autos before an FBI car caught up with me. Getting into the Paint 'n' Spray was easy.

Gouveia
  • Gouveia

XABLAU!

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:28 PM

a lot of strategies, a lot of ways to end that mission... lol...

brucewayne909
  • brucewayne909

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 December 2006 - 09:28 PM

Cam is so awesome though! I've only done this mission once and I fought hard to keep that b@stard alive.

I mean, the guy got busted by the cops in the first place since he was caught running down the street with a safe he couldn't open. That's hilarious! happy.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users