Mission Tips

170 replies to this topic
kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:38 AM

New Model Army

When you start this mission you need to memorize these couple steps.

First you need to remember that you first have to pick up the blocker.
Than go back and get a bridge and fly over to the gap and place it there.
Go back fast and get a bomb and take out the first tank
Go back and get a bridge and place it in the SECOND gap.
Go and get a bomb and kill the second tank.
Now go and pick up some of the blockers.
Than go back and get another bomb and kill the last tank.
Your only going to have to deal with the blockers for the rest of it.

Revising:

1. BLOCKER
2. BRIDGE
3. BOMB
4. BRIDGE
5. BOMB
6. 2 BRIDGE
7. BLOCKERS
8. LAST BOMB
9 CLEAR OUT ALL THE OTHER BLOCKERS
10. DONE!

This mission can be very hard.
But if you follow what i did it can be so easy.
One tip when you do this if its your first time, run through all of the timer and figure out what what you need to do.

ArcAngel
  • ArcAngel

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (kamuran @ Dec 16 2008, 22:38)
New Model Army

Go back fast and get a bomb and take out the first tank

You really don't need the bombs in this one since you can use your magnet to knock the tanks away from the road, that way you're not wasting time going back for bombs.

This mission really isn't that difficult, just boring as hell.

dinamodanci1986
  • dinamodanci1986

OORAH

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:21 PM

My tactic for NMA is first take out all the tanks with bombs, place the bridges and then start removing barrels.

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (ArcAngel @ Dec 17 2008, 03:48)
You really don't need the bombs in this one since you can use your magnet to knock the tanks away from the road, that way you're not wasting time going back for bombs.

This mission really isn't that difficult, just boring as hell.

But bombing the tanks is more fun biggrin.gif
The really tricky one is to try to bomb Berkley's helpcopter

Steve

Stef29a
  • Stef29a

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:31 PM

New Model Army:

QUOTE (Steve Crook @ Dec 17 2008, 11:54)
The really tricky one is to try to bomb Berkley's helpcopter

Just wait untill the helicopter lands to grab a blocker. It will be immobile long enough to drop a bomb on him. After that, you don't have to worry about anymore barrells.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:23 AM

Entering Area 69 during Balck Project through the Blast Doors, not the vent.

Enter the compound. Crouch. Take out the two guards in front of you however you'd like, but it should be with the knife or silencer.
Turn right, still crouching and go up the first tower on your right.
As you go up to the platform where the guard is, go around behind him. (if you are couching, apparently he cant see you). Take his head out. Leave the spotlight.
Snipe the guard in the tower in the South-West corner.

Go back down and return to the entrance. Standing at the gate looking in, go behind the building to the left.
Standing behind it, snipe the guard in the tower in front of you.
Silently kill any guards in the area.

Go up the tower in front of you. Standing where the dead guard is, snipe the guard in the tower immediately to the East, and the guard in the tower at East-South-East. Then, the guard in the tower directly south of your tower.

Descend the tower.

Crouching, go around the compound in a clock-wise direction, silenting killing any guards you come across.
When you get to the closed hatch of where you come out of at the end, looking South, snipe the guard in that tower.
Now, all tower guards will be gone and there should be about three foot patrols left.
Look on your map, there should be one guard just over the mound to the right.
Wait for him to turn his back, encroach his area and kill him.
Head towards the tower which you just sniped but stop at the building on the left.
Two guards should be around the corner. They might run at you, just dispose of them. Im pretty sure no alarm should go off.
All tower guards and foot patrols are gone.

Now, the only two spotlights you are allowed to take out are:
(if looking at Area 69 from birdseye view)
1. The South-Eastern Tower
2. The South-Western Tower.

This is because both of these towers shine into the Control Tower.
Then, choose a weapon which you can run with (SMG/MP5 is the best).
Step into the red corona and immediately start running to the blast doors, dont read the text, there isn't anytime to.
The text says "Now enter the blast doors. Be quick, you have a limited amout of time", or something along those lines.

Then, just jump off the little ledge above the doors, do a 180 and go in.

Unfortunately, whether you alerted the Area or not, the siren will still wail. But at least getting in there is fun, right?

musat
  • musat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 01:34 PM Edited by musat, 23 December 2008 - 01:39 PM.

Misappropriation

East of the hill where the agent is located is a small road leading south.
From there you can just drive up the hill with a bike or whatever you may have at the moment.
A Sanchez may come in handy for this one but it works even with a Bobcat. Leave your vehicle
and move in the direction of the chopper. Just make sure to hug the wall of the left building.
The agent is located around the corner. Kill him, pick up the dossier, mission completed.

kweatherford
  • kweatherford

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 December 2008 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (*asim* @ Dec 10 2008, 02:11)
Wu Zi Mu

Use a Rancher for this mission. Enough said.

No ive tried a rancher it flips and blows up... Buffalo

_KoE_Mzungu
  • _KoE_Mzungu

GFWL: KoE Mzungu

• Members

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:39 PM Edited by _KoE_Mzungu, 15 April 2009 - 01:44 PM.

Dam and Blast

There seems to be a glitch in this mission to prevent loosing all your weapons. The most important thing is to NOT use the parachute after jumping out of the Nevada, make sure you keep the parachute in CJ's possession. Just let CJ fall into the Sherman Reservoir, climb onto the quay and walk into the marker. Now you've lost all your weapons ... and by jumping back into the Sherman Reservoir you've just regain all your weapons, except for any Brass Knuckles. Climb back onto the quay and continue the mission with all weapons available you had prior to the start of the mission. Only weapon you might loose, if you have any, are the Brass Knuckles.

This seems only to work as long as CJ holds possession of the parachute, after using the parachute this won't work.

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (_KoE_Mzungu @ Apr 15 2009, 08:39)
Dam and Blast

There seems to be a glitch in this mission to prevent loosing all your weapons. The most important thing is to NOT use the parachute after jumping out of the Nevada, make sure you keep the parachute in CJ's possession. Just let CJ fall into the Sherman Reservoir, climb onto the quay and walk into the marker. Now you've lost all your weapons ... and by jumping back into the Sherman Reservoir you've just regain all your weapons, except for any Brass Knuckles. Climb back onto the quay and continue the mission with all weapons available you had prior to the start of the mission. Only weapon you might loose, if you have any, are the Brass Knuckles.

Carl can use the Parachute, and will retain his weapons as long as he lands on the marker... it's not a glitch.

But i've never heard of retaining the weapons when landing in the water... that's interesting.

_KoE_Mzungu
  • _KoE_Mzungu

• Members

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (zmoonchild @ Apr 15 2009, 13:45)
But i've never heard of retaining the weapons when landing in the water... that's interesting.

Well, before I knew that I've to land in the marker / checkpoint, I always lost the weapons and got used to pick up some in the neighborhood or visit an Ammu-Nation during the mission. To skip the parachute glide I just didn't use it and that way I figured this out; just by coincident. But it's indeed interesting for those who need several tries to land on the right spot or just like the free fall. biggrin.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 15 April 2009 - 04:00 PM

Dam & Blast...

What's the problem. You only 'need' the knife if at all to finish the mission and then everything is returned to CJ after the completion. and that is only if you miss the target pylon.

If you miss he pylon frequently just go back to flight school and practice.

_KoE_Mzungu
  • _KoE_Mzungu

• Members

Posted 15 April 2009 - 04:09 PM Edited by _KoE_Mzungu, 16 April 2009 - 12:12 AM.

Interdiction

This mission will come available after the mission Highjack, which ends at the Doherty Garage. Now head to Easter Bay Airport and get the Maverick and use it to fly to Toreno's Ranch. Start this mission and use the Maverick to fly to the vehicles + RPG in Las Brujas. Do not land the Maverick into the red marker or it will disappear, just get out and walk into it. The RPG is optional, I prefer the Heat-seeking variant. Now leave those vehicles and get back in your Maverick and fly to the top of Arco Del Oeste. This time make sure to land the Maverick in the red marker so it will be available after destroying the enemy helicopters, it will even have a nice blue marker hanging above it. Now use the Maverick again to fly to Verdant Meadows to pick up the package, finally fly back to Las Brujas and deliver the package.

This all just to speed up the mission due to the distances you'll have to travel.

_KoE_Mzungu
  • _KoE_Mzungu

• Members

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:44 PM Edited by _KoE_Mzungu, 16 April 2009 - 12:49 PM.

QUOTE (crazyanurag @ Jun 8 2006, 18:09)
Air Raid

for this mission, it is best to concentrate on a single transmitter than trying to defend all four at the same time...this way, you can keep your focus, and target only those planes which are after the one you've selected to guard...the best transmitter for this purpose is the one on the roof behind both Zero and CJ...

also, the planes carry a single bomb, and once a bomb's dropped, the planes become meaningless to bring down...so try to take out the bombs instead if the planes get too close to the transmitter...

You'll Never Walk Alone

In my experience on the PS2 the RC Barons will become kamikaze planes once their bomb is dropped, so not sure about that comment to ignore those planes. They also become kamikaze planes when only their bomb is shot. - On the PC this mission is very easy, I'd never let one plane get even close (thanks to mouse-control). - I think it's better to get in a kind of rhythm as the RC Barons come in a clockwise rhythm, except for those four planes who come as one group from the east.

The rhythm they come is: South - West - North - East - South - group from the East and back to South.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:52 PM

Air Raid:

Seems to me that they attack one tower at a time, in a clockwise movement.

But I get the feeling that if every plane isn't taken down they cry.gif 'reload' and come back, excpet for the few (3-4) that crash.

kay-z
  • kay-z

Hustla

• Members

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:54 PM Edited by girishb, 20 May 2009 - 06:42 AM.

FENDER KETCHUP

Use cars fly cheat as long as you are flying the meter will go up.

This is the Mission Help forum. We do not suggest the use of cheats in here. - girishb

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:59 PM

Why Cheat? Just go to the airport!

GameGirl88
  • GameGirl88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:59 PM

Wu Zi Mu

I believe this is Cesar's first racing mission in the country, where you get to pick your own car. Pick the Rancher. Naturally, you might think to pick a super fast car but the Rancher is fast enough. It's great on turning curves and it hardly ever tips over and if it does, most of the time it never stays upside down. It will always get back up on its wheels. It takes lots of hits before smoking up and is the best choice for racing.

GameGirl88
  • GameGirl88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:07 PM

Local Liquor Store

For this Catalina mission, you are given a 4 wheeler to chase down the cowboys. This is one of the worst vehicles in the game because it is super sensitive and any little bump will knock you down. Pick the Sanchez bike before you even go to see Catalina at her house to trigger the mission. Travel to the liquor store via the Sanchez and when the chase begins, instead of hopping on the 4 wheeler with her, get on the Sanchez. It is much faster and it isn't as sensitive as the 4 wheeler.

GameGirl88
  • GameGirl88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (kamuran @ Dec 17 2008, 02:13)
QUOTE (cacarla @ Jul 14 2008, 07:36)
N O E

The easiest way for this mission i found was that as soon as you start the mission and get into the plane Turn RIGHT from the hangar and gain momentum and takeoff towards your LEFT (i.e towards the restricted area but dont fly right above it.) Now keep going straight and you will approach LAS BARRANCAS or the other small town and go further straight and you will see a small water body, from this point turn RIGHT and head for the GARVER bridge but remember to stay above the water itself. Now after crossing the Bridge, head straight and tilt a liitle to the left and you'll see GANT bridge, go for it and after crossing it turn to the left sharply, now you'll be on the edges of SAN FIERRO if you watch it on the map. Now keep going straight for about 60seconds on the timer the area you'll reach is nothing but ANGEL PINE. Take a small left from the rudder and intersect the corona and trigger the drop. Remember you can stay above the radar limit for about 8-10 seconds so dont panic. If you want to dodge trees or somthing do it within the given time. If you follow this route you will not have to dodge trees as you will be travelling above water. Return home in the same route and land. You will have almost a good 4 mins remaining if done to perfecion.

The easiest way i did this was help from Gtamissions.

You go right out towards the water and just fallow the water until you get to the blip then go back the same way or cut through Sf and land done ! =0

Yeah, I learned this from GTAmissions as well. Avoid any land altogether so as soon as you take off go to the right and stick to the water all the way.

kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:32 AM

Up, Up and Away!

I used to struggle on this mission so much but then I figured out a really easy way how to do it.

When you get to the Military base, you don't need to get into the Patriot to get in. Just use any car and go really fast, then run over the guard next to the gate.

user posted image

Now, drive down the alley on the left and run over the other guard in that alley. Turn your car to the side so you can take cover and hide behind it, shoot the two guards that run down to you.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

The next part is where I would always die at. There are a lot of guards on top of the yellow walkways inside the warehouse. It's a lot easier to shoot them from outside with a Sniper Rifle or M4.

user posted image

After you kill them, stay outside and shoot the guards in the middle of the big containers. (They should be blue and red). Be careful though, a guy will usually run outside and try to kill you.
user posted image
user posted image

Watch out for the guards in the front. After you kill those guards, walk in the middle of the crates and shoot the remaining guards in the back of the warehouse.

user posted image
user posted image

After you do all of that, grab the armor and health and continue from there and get into the helicopter. The end is really easy, just fly to Verdant Meadows and you have just completd Up, Up and Away! the easier way.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:39 AM

I'm too lazy now to go the long way through UP, UP, And AWAY.

I get a few picu-ups of HEAT Missle Launcher, A Sniper-Rifle and the JET-PACK from Verdant Meadows.

Fly up to the Gas Storage Tank.
Snipe-the guards.
Fly over to the lower roof under the stairs.
Wait for the Choppers to fly in.
Blast them with the Missiles from under the stairway.
Then walk up and take the Chopper.

I're read where people say you can't do that because of defensive missles. But make the approach, with Jet-Pack, Low and from the south. They won't know your there.

alayanrole
  • alayanrole

El Danza Kuduro!

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE (gillies @ Apr 28 2006, 05:45)
Dam And Blast

When you are parachuting towards the marker on the pier by the dam try to land exactly in the marker, if you manage it you get to keep your weapons for the mission (silenced pistol is a good one to have for this), if you miss it you lose them until the end of the mission.

Unfortunately , i don't happen to me and i want to add some tips . Let the plane go by naturally don't press down too much or the plane fall before u get the corona , It may take some time but you get it. smile.gif

alayanrole
  • alayanrole

El Danza Kuduro!

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ May 19 2009, 17:59)
Why Cheat? Just go to the airport!

How do you get to airport? if you go to freeway or highway you get 3 star wanted level! just spin around and there's pyramid building on there , jump and do instant stunts on that place , handbrakes , and many more (unfortunately , you can't edit ur vehicle in this mission so u can't add nitrous)

alayanrole
  • alayanrole

El Danza Kuduro!

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE (crazyanurag @ May 1 2006, 06:01)
Catalyst

this may have been a glitch, but i've got it to work the last 5/6 times i've played this mission...once the game goes into first-person mode, throw the crates to Ryder, but time it so that the last crate reaches Ryder just as the time runs out(the train would've reached Market/Conference Centre by then)...get into the Picador, drive towards the train for a bit(about 10secs), then turn around and emerge out of the tunnel near Willowfield to find deserted streets, meaning you can drive to Ganton without any police on your tail...i've posted a screenshot below...

user posted image

You'll Never Walk Alone

TRhis mission have some glitch when it changes to FPC (it's happen to me but don't know about you) it doesn't have a strafing sight!

alayanrole
  • alayanrole

El Danza Kuduro!

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:47 AM Edited by alayanrole, 31 May 2011 - 05:50 AM.

QUOTE (crazyanurag @ Jun 8 2006, 18:09)
Air Raid

for this mission, it is best to concentrate on a single transmitter than trying to defend all four at the same time...this way, you can keep your focus, and target only those planes which are after the one you've selected to guard...the best transmitter for this purpose is the one on the roof behind both Zero and CJ...

also, the planes carry a single bomb, and once a bomb's dropped, the planes become meaningless to bring down...so try to take

You'll Never Walk Alone

It doesn't have bomb == just don't press w too much so you hover in the air and machine gun them (auto target machine gun!) and be careful! your plane can be destroyed!

whoa sorry! wrong tips!

alayanrole
  • alayanrole

El Danza Kuduro!

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (gillies @ Apr 28 2006, 05:30)
Supply Lines...

Lots of people seem to have trouble with this mission, a tip that makes it very easy but time consuming is to land the plane on the ground and drive it backwards to travel between the targets, you don't use any fuel and don't need to be able to actually fly the plane much at all. Doing it this way takes ages but it does work (apparently not for the PS2 version 1.0 though).

just don't press too much w so you hover at the air and shoot it with machien guns (auto target machine gun) and go far from the courier it can destroy your plane

alayanrole
  • alayanrole

El Danza Kuduro!

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE (JAJ @ May 5 2006, 17:03)
Fender Ketchup

Just drive to the LV airport and drive around on the airport. You can drive real fast without worrying about hitting other vehicles. It also helps to use the ramps there to do some jumps.

sorry u can't get to air port it pass high way and freeway that can make u have 3 star wanted level

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:14 AM

Yes, you can get to the airport without getting a 3-star wanted level. I have done it several times.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:44 AM Edited by lil weasel, 24 March 2012 - 07:23 PM.

<< Edit: Merged Simular Topic >>

I'm on my 4th time going through the missions from the beginning and when i got to this mission i am proud to say i beat it the 1st time! My strategy was to stay up near the front of the train where there is a star on the side of it and to stay a bit further away from the train so Smoke can get a good angle to shoot from.

So far I have done -
100 tags sprayed
20 oysters collected
Roboi Mart asset
Pimp side mission complete
$52,000 cash
Just completed Reuniting the Families

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users