Photo

Mission Tips

171 replies to this topic
Isonis
  • Isonis

• Members

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:04 PM

Pier 69

Or, you could try and tip his boat over at the end, like I did.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:11 PM

End Of the Line Part 2

Shortley after the chase starts you will fallow the fire truck for about 30 seconds and you will come to the First group of Vargo's and the fire truck will turn right up a dirt path. Do not take the path just drive right through the Vargo's (Car is indistructiable so it doesn't matter) downt he road and you will be ahead of the fire truck.

idiot05
  • idiot05

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:24 AM

I've not seen many about this b*tch of a mission, so here's a kind of easier way:

Wrong Side of the Tracks

When you get onto the Sanchez, speed up past the train, and before the car that the train hits should be a bridge. When you see the bridge, drive up it and jump off the bike. When the train comes, jump onto the train and shoot the Vagos (Best done with a Assault Rifle or any machine gun). When they're all dead, go back and pick Smoke up and take him home.

fireofinferno
  • fireofinferno

Alone

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:38 PM Edited by crazyanurag, 13 October 2007 - 06:21 PM.

DRIVE BY

1. If your car is damaged you can always head out to the nearest pay'n'spray
and repair yourself counting that you have the money to pay 100$

2. You can always get out of the car and shoot the ballas if you have weapons but keep in mind dont stray away nor just park the car right in front of them.

P.S. Sorry but i dont know how to make big words.

blue blaze
  • blue blaze

Rokin' Blaze

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:05 PM

OG LOC
The Chase:

Freddy goes in the allies. Allies make it difficult for you to catch him. So, take the first alley slowly & carefully. Freddy would go in the second alley but you don't need to, so after taking the 1st alley take a left turn on the main street then take a right turn at the first right turn. Go straight & take a left turn on the inclined path. Wait for Freddy to come on your way. When you are sure he is near then take a left turn & go on. Notice that Freddy will pass u with a great speed. If u r not able to catch up with him then just follow him upto where you can do easily. Memorize the way. You will fail the mission inn the 1st attempt. So, in the 2nd attempt of the mission, be ahead of Freddy using the steps used before but don't stop for him anywhere. The memorized way will lead u to pass the mission.

VCHolmes
  • VCHolmes

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:26 PM Edited by VCHolmes, 14 August 2007 - 01:28 PM.

Freefall

After getting into the Dodo, fly to the the marker, but fly at an altitude that is a bit higher than that of the marker. When you get near the target plane, it will start moving. When you're asked to fly into the corona, take a 180 degree turn. This will bring you closer to the plane and the higher altitude will make up for the altitude loss while taking the turn.

VCHolmes
  • VCHolmes

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:35 PM Edited by VCHolmes, 14 August 2007 - 01:29 PM.

N.O.E.
  • It would be a good idea to practice flying on a rustler before starting this mission.
  • If the plane is too unstable for you:
    After taking off, retract the landing gear. After flying for a while and making sure that the plane is stable, extend the landing gear. The plane becomes a bit slow, but much more stable. However this mission is timed so I suggest you extend the landing gear only while turning or tilting the plane.
  • Loose some altitude if you see the meter getting filled up.
  • While taking off or landing at Verdant Meadows, never ever fly above Area 69 (The nearby Restricted airspace) unless you want to get shot down.

VCHolmes
  • VCHolmes

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 August 2007 - 04:09 PM Edited by VCHolmes, 14 August 2007 - 01:30 PM.

Running Dog

This mission is very simple; still should there be any difficulty, follow these tips:
  • Make sure that you are low on fat (You can sprint faster).
  • Doing burglary missions before this will be useful as you get infinite sprint.

VCHolmes
  • VCHolmes

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 August 2007 - 04:47 PM Edited by VCHolmes, 14 August 2007 - 01:29 PM.

Snail Trail

If you are not fast enough on the sniper rifle, the targets will escape. You can simply run over them with a fast car.

VCHolmes
  • VCHolmes

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 August 2007 - 04:56 PM Edited by VCHolmes, 14 August 2007 - 01:29 PM.

Madd Dogg
  • After the driving the pickup to the marker, moving it back and forth is enough. Do not turn left or right.
  • At the time when Madd Dogg jumps, it actually looks like a cutscene. But the pickup can be moved even then.

blue blaze
  • blue blaze

Rokin' Blaze

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:12 PM

ROBBING UNCLE SAM

When you are doing the missions don't worry if the boxes get flipped & you cannot lift them, then go outside the garage & there are 3 boxes on its right side (if you stand facing the garage). You can also pick those boxes if you want to do it quickly. And yeah if you hear gunshots, get out of the forklift and protect Ryder.

blue blaze
  • blue blaze

Rokin' Blaze

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:17 PM

CESAR VIALPANDO

Take the low rider to the contest. The signs will start showing up. The default keys are:
2 for down
4 for left
6 for right &
8 for up
Use these keys depending on the sign given.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 23 September 2007 - 03:01 PM

LOS DESPERADOS

I have seen many gamers stuck on this mission because of the homies bailing out of the car due to the ongoing riots. Most of the time, when you get out of the car to recruit new homies, Cesar refuses to get in the car. This can become really frustrating.
Here's how you can beat this:
Instead of recruiting homies near the mission starting point, i.e. in front of Sweet's house, get in the car along with Cesar and drive to Unity station. Of course, the red marker won't appear unless you recruit atleast two homies. Stop the car near the entrance of the station and get out. The area around the station should belong to Grove Street (which you can do pretty easily). As a result of this, a few homies will always spawn outside the station. Recruit them now. As soon as you do this, the yellow blip will appear on the map and of course, the red marker too. Do not get in the car. Simply sprint towards the marker located near the waiting Vagos members and the mission will start!
The next part of the mission is pretty easy and won't need much explanation. Simply shoot your way to victory. Be careful though, as there are no armor spawns nearby.

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 08 October 2007 - 10:19 AM

Big Smoke

Although it's the first mission of the game, it still can become a bit of a hassle with the Ballas' car. The only thing you need to do is before you walk into the red marker outside of CJ's house, get as much SMG ammunition as you can from around the map. When the Balla car is chasing you, let it stop in front, and plug it full of your SMG ammunition. The car should blow up, and the Ballas won't hassle you for the rest of the mission.

Up, Up and Away!

When you move into the carpark, you have to go through the big warehouse on the left. The first thing you do here is, with a Sniper's Rifle, walk towards the far end of the car park and snipe as many soldiers as you can on the roof in front of you (where the helicopter is).

Also, when you're about to go into the warehouse, don't go in. Instead, hide behind the yellow crane in front of the door. From here, snipe as many soldiers as you can. Although, you may (in fact, you must) move around the crane a bit to snipe as many as you can. Remember, don't go further forward than the actual entrance to the warehouse, otherwise you'll get shot at. By the time you go in, there will only be about 6 soldiers in the whole warehouse.

Struff Bunstridge
  • Struff Bunstridge

...loading...

• Members

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:07 PM

Misappropriation

For this mission, park your vehicle (assuming you came by road) away from the site on the dirt track. Then circle the area to the right hand side on top of the high ridge. If you move carefully, and take your time with positioning, you should be able to get almost round the back of the target, near the choppers, undetected. From here it's a simple job to shoot him in the head with a high-powered gun such as the M4, jump out and blast the crap out of everybody else, stroll up to the get the dossier and then cartwheel on out of there.

DAVIDINTEL
  • DAVIDINTEL

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:58 PM Edited by DAVIDINTEL, 20 June 2008 - 04:41 AM.

PARAMEDIC MISSION

The easiest place to do this is Angel Pine(SW part of the game world) as all the residents of the town are in very close proximity to the hospital. This makes it almost impossible not to complete this mission!

Map here showing level 12-last level:

http://good-times.we...061335518ZEWncq

Ignore the fact that the map says shady creeks, that's just the location the mouse happens to be on. Blue dots represent people.

tassan
  • tassan

tassan

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:13 PM

OG LOC

i am lost!! mercie_blink.gif

first i am new to this place can you help with the mission!! i need to dance to take over the van but i am confused if i have to press an additional button to get the directions correct??

what does space and enter do at that time??

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:17 PM

@tassan: First of all, this is not the right topic to ask questions. You are suppoed to post only mission tips in here.

And for the mission 'Life's a Beach', you only have to use the arrow keys to make CJ dance. I think pressing enter fails the mission.

If you have any more questions, please start a new topic. Don't reply in here.

tassan
  • tassan

tassan

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Jul 11 2008, 13:17)
@tassan: First of all, this is not the right topic to ask questions. You are suppoed to post only mission tips in here.

And for the mission 'Life's a Beach', you only have to use the arrow keys to make CJ dance. I think pressing enter fails the mission.

If you have any more questions, please start a new topic. Don't reply in here.

ok thanks alot i created an other topic at other place!! ^_^

bangbangbang
  • bangbangbang

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:58 PM

High Noon

Use the jetpack from the airstrip, acquired after the mission, "Black Project", to chase down Pulaski. Fly to the C icon, and leave the jetpack near the graveyard doors before you walk into the mission marker. If the game erases it, leave the jetpack closer to the road next time. You can shoot his car when flying the jetpack.

cacarla
  • cacarla

Criticism Follows Success

• Members

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:36 AM

N O E

The easiest way for this mission i found was that as soon as you start the mission and get into the plane Turn RIGHT from the hangar and gain momentum and takeoff towards your LEFT (i.e towards the restricted area but dont fly right above it.) Now keep going straight and you will approach LAS BARRANCAS or the other small town and go further straight and you will see a small water body, from this point turn RIGHT and head for the GARVER bridge but remember to stay above the water itself. Now after crossing the Bridge, head straight and tilt a liitle to the left and you'll see GANT bridge, go for it and after crossing it turn to the left sharply, now you'll be on the edges of SAN FIERRO if you watch it on the map. Now keep going straight for about 60seconds on the timer the area you'll reach is nothing but ANGEL PINE. Take a small left from the rudder and intersect the corona and trigger the drop. Remember you can stay above the radar limit for about 8-10 seconds so dont panic. If you want to dodge trees or somthing do it within the given time. If you follow this route you will not have to dodge trees as you will be travelling above water. Return home in the same route and land. You will have almost a good 4 mins remaining if done to perfecion.

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:52 PM

Blood Ring

Only 2 out of the 15 opponents you're facing actually go for the checkpoints ("Checkpoint Racers"), the other 13 ("Hunters") don't care about the checkpoints and only hunt after you. They aim for your back (to spin you out) or try to block your way, and they will leave the 2 checkpoint racers alone. The best way to avoid the Hunters is probably to keep up your speed and alternate between steering slightly to the left and right so they can't set their colission course properly. Don't go in long straight lines. Best to keep your speed up is going in circles - either big circles around the full stadium, or small ones if you want to stay near one end of the stadium. Throw in a figure-eight if the Hunters allow it. While trying to avoid the Hunters, keep an eye out for the 2 Checkpoint Racers. Stay as far away from them as possible and wait for coronas to appear near you and far away from them; racing against them when close by mostly ends badly for you, since the Hunters only go after you. When you have out-of-reach coronas, use the time to pick up the car-repair-icons.

Sometimes you'll still end up in 'direct battle' with the Checkpoint Racers; if you can't grab the corona, try at least to hit them hard and even fire a few drive-by rounds at them. When they catch fire & explode you'll get a bit of time before they respawn which you might be able to use for a couple of easy coronas.

A lot in this race still depends on luck, i.e. coronas spawning in your course, but I'm getting best results if my main priority is keeping my distance from the 2 Checkpoint Racers.

*asim*
  • *asim*

OG

• Members

Posted 10 December 2008 - 02:11 AM Edited by *asim*, 11 December 2008 - 12:12 AM.

Wu Zi Mu

Use a Rancher for this mission. Enough said.

computer g3mer
  • computer g3mer

no need for a custom user title?

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:03 AM

TORENO'S LAST FLIGHT

Now, go to the helipad in sf. Kill everyone you see, but don't worry about toreno yet. Once everyone is dead get the rocket launcher. Now get in a car and follow. He won't make it difficult, just keep it above the freeway. For a couple of seconds towards the end of the freeway he will hover. Get out once you have overtaken him becuase he has slowed down. How just take out rocket launcher and fire directly at the helicopter. Next is Yay Ka Boom Boom.

radicell
  • radicell

Arsenal Fan

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:29 AM

Yay Ka Boom Boom

After blowing up the factory, instead of trying to get to the main gate and then doing the unique jump out of the factory (and facing all those goons), just sprint towards the building with the unique jump. You'll see a small gap between the building and the wall, sprint in there. Climb up to the short wall at the end, then turn left and climb up onto the beam. Then you can climb up onto the edge of the factory wall and jump out, making it a short trip to Doherty for mission complete.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:47 PM

Cut Throat Business:

Primarily this is a follow me mission.
You canít kill him. Just keep him on the radar.
He will follow the same route every time.
You donít need to follow his exact route as long as he shows on the radar the chase is good.
Your only requirement in following is to change vehicles when he does.
Eventually when he reaches his destination you will have him.

kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE (JAJ @ May 5 2006, 17:03)
Fender Ketchup

Just drive to the LV airport and drive around on the airport. You can drive real fast without worrying about hitting other vehicles. It also helps to use the ramps there to do some jumps.

Holy crap dude i never thought of that!

kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (cacarla @ Jul 14 2008, 07:36)
N O E

The easiest way for this mission i found was that as soon as you start the mission and get into the plane Turn RIGHT from the hangar and gain momentum and takeoff towards your LEFT (i.e towards the restricted area but dont fly right above it.) Now keep going straight and you will approach LAS BARRANCAS or the other small town and go further straight and you will see a small water body, from this point turn RIGHT and head for the GARVER bridge but remember to stay above the water itself. Now after crossing the Bridge, head straight and tilt a liitle to the left and you'll see GANT bridge, go for it and after crossing it turn to the left sharply, now you'll be on the edges of SAN FIERRO if you watch it on the map. Now keep going straight for about 60seconds on the timer the area you'll reach is nothing but ANGEL PINE. Take a small left from the rudder and intersect the corona and trigger the drop. Remember you can stay above the radar limit for about 8-10 seconds so dont panic. If you want to dodge trees or somthing do it within the given time. If you follow this route you will not have to dodge trees as you will be travelling above water. Return home in the same route and land. You will have almost a good 4 mins remaining if done to perfecion.

The easiest way i did this was help from Gtamissions.

You go right out towards the water and just fallow the water until you get to the blip then go back the same way or cut through Sf and land done ! =0

kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (Isonis @ May 7 2007, 18:04)
Pier 69

Or, you could try and tip his boat over at the end, like I did.

If you want to do it the easiest way without going into the water at the end..... Sn.. Sn..Snipe him. There's a mission i think that he says he cant swim. When you hit him about 2 times or 3 he goes up like a shark then snipe him again and your done.

kamuran
  • kamuran

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:21 AM

QUOTE (blue blaze @ Aug 14 2007, 16:17)
CESAR VIALPANDO

Take the low rider to the contest. The signs will start showing up. The default keys are:
2 for down
4 for left
6 for right &
8 for up
Use these keys depending on the sign given.

You can even just switch your defaults to left right up and down.

This mission took me like 3 hours until i figured out you can switch the settings.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users