Photo

Mission Tips

168 replies to this topic
Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2006 - 04:57 AM Edited by wolf68k, 10 June 2006 - 10:10 PM.

user posted image

Mission NameTipsterAdd-Ons
Air Raidcrazyanurag
All Dance MissionsWolf68k
Amphhibious Assaultcrazyanurag
Are You Going to San Fierro?quartet1977
Badlandscrazyanuragquartet1977
Catalystcrazyanurag
Dam And Blastgillies
End of the Line, part 1Wolf68k
End of the Line, part 2quartet1977
Explosive Situationcrazyanurag
Farewell, My Lovequartet1977
Fender KetchupJAJ
Gray ImportsJAJcrazyanurag
Grove 4 Lifegillies
High Noonquartet1977crazyanurag
High Stakes, Low Riderquartet1977crazyanurag
Home Invasiongillies
Ice Cold Killerquartet1977crazyanurag
Interdictionquartet1977
Jizzycrazyanurag
Mike TorenoJAJ
MisappropriationJAJ
New Model Armycrazyanurag
Pier 69gillies
Reuniting the FamiliesJAJ
Robbing Uncle Samcrazyanurag
Stowawaycrazyanurag
Supply Lines...gillies
Sweet's Girlquartet1977
Toreno's Last Flightquartet1977
Up, Up, & AwayJAJquartet1977; Wolf68k
Vertical Birdcrazyanurag
Wrong Side Of The TracksSimon.Nick000
Zeroing Incrazyanurag
Driving School
City Slicking (Driving School)crazyanurag
Flight School
Destroy Targets (Flying School)crazyanuragquartet1977
Parachute Onto Target (Flying School)crazyanurag

If you need some tips to complete a mission this is the place for you. This is NOT a 'how-to beat a mission. Just tips, suggestions, whatever from those that have done the mission. You'll also find some general FAQ info about some missions, like the dance type missions.

If you want a step-by-step guide of how to beat various missions, that is what the Mission Guide topic is for. It includes a list of all of the guides made by the folks within GTAF and video guides made by Plaka.

If you have some tips for a mission, this please by all means post what you can. But again remember, this is not a 'how-to', so don't go into long details how to beat the mission. Just give everyone you little tricks that you use for the mission.

I would like it if you want to help out and give some tips to a mission, please make it; one post, one mission. This way I can use that post and create an index here in this post of each mission. If you want to do more than one, then don't worry about the normal 'double post' thing. Make a post with a single mission's tips, then right after that make another post with another mission's tips.

If you want to add some tips to a mission that already has tips given, go for it. Add-on tips for multi missions need to be done the same way as above, so that again they can be more easily indexed, just added to the listing already there.

Banner/Header image curtsey of Simon.

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2006 - 05:04 AM

End of the Line
1. Be fireproof. Do the firefighter mission, too late to do it LS so head to SF or LV. This way you can just run through the fire
2. Beat the Driving School's City Slicker class. If you can get Silver in this class then you'll have an easier time with 'the chase'
3. After getting out of the crackhouse, after the cut scene that starts 'the chase', go home and save the game. This way you only have 'the chase' to do over and over again.
4. Having lots of stamina will help you while sprinting out of the building. So go work out, run around the street on foot or on a bike, anything to get the stamina up.
5. Be packing lots of ammo. And get the AK47 or the M16 and lots of ammo for either one. Personally this is the best gun for the job. Having their skill level maxed out will help big time.

Simon.
  • Simon.

Gangsta

• The Connection

Posted 28 April 2006 - 05:08 AM

Wrong Side Of The Tracks
Big Smoke sucks at shooting, so help him out a little. You can do this by pulling a bit further away from the train, this helps prevent Big Smoke from shooting the side of the train and actually hitting the Vagos on board more often.

gillies
  • gillies

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 April 2006 - 05:24 AM

Home Invasion

This one comes from somewhere on the net but I can't remember where. For the mission "Home Invasion" if you can get a shotgun or other weapon that stops you sprinting while you carry it, and equip it when you're on the mission you will be able to move faster while holding down the key to sneak and still won't make any noise except when you go through doorways, but the noise when you do that isn't enough to cause a problem. This is also a good tip for the optional burglary mission.

gillies
  • gillies

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 April 2006 - 05:30 AM

Supply Lines...

Lots of people seem to have trouble with this mission, a tip that makes it very easy but time consuming is to land the plane on the ground and drive it backwards to travel between the targets, you don't use any fuel and don't need to be able to actually fly the plane much at all. Doing it this way takes ages but it does work (apparently not for the PS2 version 1.0 though).

gillies
  • gillies

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 April 2006 - 05:36 AM

Pier 69

Rather than fighting through all the gangsters on the pier, sprint across the road and up the pier on the right side of the buildings on the right side of the pier, you won't have to fight anyone along the way. Either use the super sprint or upgrade your stamina or do the burglary mission to get unlimited stamina so you can sprint the whole way quickly.

gillies
  • gillies

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 April 2006 - 05:45 AM

Dam And Blast

When you are parachuting towards the marker on the pier by the dam try to land exactly in the marker, if you manage it you get to keep your weapons for the mission (silenced pistol is a good one to have for this), if you miss it you lose them until the end of the mission.

gillies
  • gillies

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 April 2006 - 05:52 AM

Grove 4 Life

This is another one I saw somewhere the first time I did this mission. When you start the mission run into your garage in Grove St. and wait for Sweet to follow you in, once he's inside quickly run outside and let the door close so he gets trapped in there. Now he won't be around to get in your way, or cause you to fail the mission by getting killed by the Ballas.

quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 April 2006 - 10:08 PM Edited by quartet1977, 12 May 2006 - 06:50 PM.

High Noon

This is a tip I got somewhere else on the web. Have a sniper rifle ready before entering the red marker and triggering the mission. As soon as the cutscene ends, aim for the tires on Pulaski's car. You should be able to shoot out at least two before he reaches it. Now, he's easy to catch.

Another tip for this mission: have a heat seeking rocket launcher. As soon as you do the tip above and Pulaski starts driving away, blast him!

//edit by Wolf68k
Don't mean to step on your toes but any gun will work, just aim for the tires.
I'll use the M4/AK-47 or the minigun and aim at the tires and have the SMG for my drive-by gun because it does more damage.

quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 April 2006 - 10:11 PM Edited by quartet1977, 01 August 2006 - 08:34 PM.

Ice Cold Killa

A tip I got elsewhere on the web: Before heading up to the roof, shoot out the tires on Jizzy's pimpmobile. He will be much easier to catch. The original tip I read said to use a silenced pistol. I always have but I don't know if it's necessary.

EDIT: If you want to make this mission even easier, don't just shoot out the tires. Shoot Jizzy's pimpmobile until it starts smoking and is on the verge of catching fire. That way, when you are chasing him, you will only have to hit him a few times before he jumps out of the car.

quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 April 2006 - 10:17 PM Edited by quartet1977, 12 May 2006 - 06:51 PM.

End of the Line, part 2

1. Your car is indestructible during the first part of the chase, while Sweet is hanging on, so pay no attention to the molotovs being thrown at you.

2. Once you turn onto the freeway by Ocean Docks, drive on the sidewalk on the right to avoid crashing into cars on the road.

3. Soon after Sweet's meter starts, Tenpenny will swerve to the left side of the freeway. Don't follow him. Instead, stay to the right, and he will eventually swerve back to that side. By staying to the right you can go faster and cut the distance between CJ and the firetruck.

4. Have hitman skills on the machine pistol.

quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 30 April 2006 - 10:24 PM Edited by quartet1977, 12 May 2006 - 06:51 PM.

Farewell, My Love

1. The ZR-350 (the car you drive in this race) doesn't handle as easily as many of the other cars in the game. It spins out of control every chance you give it. To control it, don't use the handbrake. Don't turn while either accelerating or braking. When turning, tap the keys. Only hold down the accelerator on straightaways, otherwise tap the forward key.

2. Shortly after the start of the race is a series of switchbacks (very curvy roads). After the second curve, you will see on your left a dirt road with a police bribe. Take that road and then turn left back onto the race course. Doing that will shave seconds off your time and, if you have kept up with the pack, put you in first place. Now, it's up to you to stay in first place til the end.

crazyanurag
  • crazyanurag

okthxbai

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 01 May 2006 - 03:56 AM Edited by crazyanurag, 02 May 2006 - 04:20 AM.

Robbing Uncle Sam

For those who have trouble with driving the Forklift, they could try my trick of blocking the soldiers' spawn points with extra crates lying around the compound...there are 6 extra ones which can be used, so break in and kill the guards, line up the crates for the truck, and then block off the spawn points with the extra crates before letting Ryder in...this could take a while, but if done, not more than one or two soldiers appear once Ryder enters the compound...i've provided images to make this clear...

user posted imageuser posted image

also, on the way out, take the overpass to Willowfield, and go through the factory premises to easily reach the marker

You'll Never Walk Alone

crazyanurag
  • crazyanurag

okthxbai

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 01 May 2006 - 05:09 AM

Stowaway

1) play with these Display Settings:
  • Frame Limiter: Off
  • Anti-Aliasing: Off
  • Visual FX Quality: Low
  • Resolution: 640x480x16
  • Draw Distance: Medium

2) high Bike Skill: many contibutors to this forum have stated that a high Bike Skill(75% and above) makes this mission simpler...to increase Bike Skill, one should complete the Bike School in Blackfield, Las Venturas

3) the 'Head-Bobbing Trick': to catch the plane, the 'head-bobbing' trick has to be performed by holding the Accelerate button, and tapping the Steer Forward button...button configurations are found in Options>Controller Options>Redefine Controls>Vehicle Controls

4) once inside the plane, do not use firearms; when the Satchel is placed, jump out of the plane, and simultaneously detonate the charge

You'll Never Walk Alone

crazyanurag
  • crazyanurag

okthxbai

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 01 May 2006 - 05:43 AM Edited by crazyanurag, 02 May 2006 - 04:19 AM.

High Noon

apart from what quartet1977 says in this post, another good trick is to fly a Hunter/Seasparrow to the Las Brujas rendezvous, and park it between the windmill and another building...after the cutscene, fly the chopper and use the auto-aim machine guns on Pulaski for an easy mission completion

a better way to use the HSRPG/Minigun i find, is to jump into the Bandito right after the cutscene, and park it in front of Pulaski's car before it can speed off...this needs some practice, but can be done, and once Pulaski hits the Bandito, he tries to back away, which is the cue to get out and unload a whole clip of Minigun ammo on him to end his sorry life...a similar method is to speed off to the signboard which Pulaski will hit, and wait for him to arrive...when he does unleash rockets or the Minigun

a fun way to do this mission is to run towards Pulaski's car and jump on it before it speeds away...remember to crouch so that the vibration doesn't jerk CJ off...while crouching, keep planting Satchels on the car till Pulaski hits a sign...jump off as he's backing up, and let the car go a little distance before detonating the charges...

You'll Never Walk Alone

crazyanurag
  • crazyanurag

okthxbai

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 01 May 2006 - 06:01 AM

Catalyst

this may have been a glitch, but i've got it to work the last 5/6 times i've played this mission...once the game goes into first-person mode, throw the crates to Ryder, but time it so that the last crate reaches Ryder just as the time runs out(the train would've reached Market/Conference Centre by then)...get into the Picador, drive towards the train for a bit(about 10secs), then turn around and emerge out of the tunnel near Willowfield to find deserted streets, meaning you can drive to Ganton without any police on your tail...i've posted a screenshot below...

user posted image

You'll Never Walk Alone

crazyanurag
  • crazyanurag

okthxbai

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 01 May 2006 - 06:25 AM

Ice Cold Killa

again, to add to quartet1977's post, shooting out the tyres of the Pimpmobile helps in catching it up easily, but by parking the limo in front of it, Jizzy's car doesn't have time enough to speed off after the cutscene, and while it tries to back away, a few shotgun shells are enough to make Jizzy jump out of the car and make a run for it...the rest is then easy...

also, if the Pimpmobile is destroyed before entering the building, Jizzy escapes on a Pizzaboy scooter, which leaves him open to body/headshots, and it's pretty easy to run him off the scooter when he's on it...

You'll Never Walk Alone

crazyanurag
  • crazyanurag

okthxbai

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 01 May 2006 - 06:51 AM

Explosive Situation

to make the countdown timer disappear during the first part of the mission, go to the middle of the Hunter Quarry, and kill the guy standing next to the plunger, on top of the grey elevated structure...i know this is an obvious one, but i didn't know about it when i first did the mission, and so i decided to post this...

You'll Never Walk Alone

crazyanurag
  • crazyanurag

okthxbai

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 01 May 2006 - 07:12 AM

Vertical Bird

another obvious one, but a tip all the same: when inside the aircraft carrier, destroy 2 of the 3 Hydras you find, before taking off in the remaining one...this leaves only one pursuing Hydra to deal with in the subsequent dogfight, rather than 3 of them

when the cutscene of the pursuing Hydra plays, have the Spacebar(for targetting) pressed...as it comes into view, the target on the Hydra should turn red and this is when you rip 4/5 heat-seekers at it, which will surely destroy it...

also, it is possible to complete the mission in VTOL mode, or helicopter mode: the Hydra flies like a chopper, and though this method takes forever, you get a lot more control, and enough time to aim and shoot...this is especially helpful for people who dread flying...

You'll Never Walk Alone

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:16 AM Edited by JAJ, 01 May 2006 - 11:48 AM.

Mike Toreno

Just drive straight to the airport, this will save time.
At the end, instead of taking the limo, go and get the Maverick, fly it carefully into the red cone thing and then fly to the garage at Doherty. I'll have a four door car stashed in the garage at Doherty, and then drive it to the pay n spray to remove the wanted level, go back to the garage and pick up T-Bone & Mike (if they're not already with you) then drive back to the pleasure dome to complete the mission.

crazyanurag
  • crazyanurag

okthxbai

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:25 AM

Badlands

to complete the mission without triggering the chase/drive-by bit, collect a Sniper Rifle pick-up from Los Santos before entering the marker...after that, drive up Mount Chiliad towards the snitch's hideout till you get a cutscene...following that, dismount from your bike and walk northwest, till you're too far behind the cabin to be spotted, but the snitch's car is at 12 o'clock from your position...snipe an FBI guard, to make the others run at you in a straight line...take them out with the sniper, and wait for the snitch to approach the car and cap his body(headshots fail you the mission)...take the picture and avoid the sundry cops on your way down...

You'll Never Walk Alone

quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 May 2006 - 12:36 PM Edited by quartet1977, 02 May 2006 - 01:43 PM.

Badlands

A fast way to finish this mission: Have full armor and have an SMG ready. From a distance, line up the Sanchez with the back of the cabin so that no trees are blocking your path. Ignore the guards and ride straight to the back entrance. Just before you reach it, jump off the bike without stopping. Now you're standing right at the back door. Aim your SMG at the doorway and blast the snitch as soon as he emerges. Take care, as crazyanurag says in his tip above, to avoid shooting the snitch in the head. Once he's dead, waste the FBI, take your pictures and get out of there.

quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 May 2006 - 01:10 PM Edited by quartet1977, 02 May 2006 - 01:43 PM.

Sweet's Girl

This tip should be obvious, unless perhaps it's your first time playing the game: I find the easiest and safest way to do this mission is with the sniper rifle (you can find one up some stairs that lead to a catwalk in the Interglobal Television studio in Vinewood). That way you can take out most of the Seville Family members from a distance. Now that I have played SA a few times, I sometimes forget just how difficult this mission was the first time!

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members

Posted 01 May 2006 - 01:10 PM Edited by JAJ, 03 May 2006 - 03:18 PM.

Up, Up, & Away

Have a sniper rifle & M4 or AK-47, then go to the abandoned airstrip and get the Sea Sparrow that's nearby. Fly it to the KACC Military Fuels base. Land on the storage tanks that are south of the base & snipe all the soldiers that you can see. Fly to the buildings on the north and land on top and snipe the rest of the guards. After picking up the armored car, fly west along the south part of Las Venturas and start to head north towards the abandoned airstrip after passing the big buildings.

quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 May 2006 - 01:15 PM Edited by quartet1977, 02 May 2006 - 01:42 PM.

Up, Up and Away

Contrary to the in-game instructions, you DO NOT need a military vehicle to get into the compound. Here's what you do: drive to the entrance and wait for the Patriot to drive out. As it does, simply drive in. Get out quickly and start shooting.

crazyanurag
  • crazyanurag

okthxbai

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 02 May 2006 - 11:18 AM Edited by crazyanurag, 02 May 2006 - 02:55 PM.

Parachute Onto Target(Flying School)

when you start, fall faster by holding Up, then open the chute immediately when the game prompts you, and hold Down till the screen prompt changes to "When you move forward..."...let go of Down and just fall downwards to hit the centre for 100%...slight adjustments might be needed when coming in to land, but nothing major...oh, and i had the Frame Limiter 'off' during the test

You'll Never Walk Alone

crazyanurag
  • crazyanurag

okthxbai

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 02 May 2006 - 11:32 AM

New Model Army

once the mission starts, pick up a bomb and drop it on one of Berkeley's tanks, being careful to get the hell out of the blast radius...one bomb should destroy one tank, so repeat the process till all three are taken out...then head back to base and plug the two river-crossings with planks, and finally go and remove the barrel in front of the Bandit...while Berkeley's Goblin is trying to pick up/drop a barrel, a bomb can be dropped on it as well to destroy it...also remember to remove at least one obstruction each time you head back to base to pick up bombs/planks...

oh, and if you want to preserve your sanity, have the volume muted(a thought the Marauder shall no doubt echo)...

You'll Never Walk Alone

crazyanurag
  • crazyanurag

okthxbai

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 02 May 2006 - 11:47 AM

Jizzy

if you don't want the last part of this mission to become a pain, stock up on some Heat-Seekers that you can get easily at Easter Basin Airport...after the cutscene, don't disturb the bodyguards, or the limo, but drive ahead of them and take the left to wait ahead of the preacher...get out of the car and equip the rockets; aim, lock-on and fire two rounds on the limo to blow it up...once that's done, the security hops out of their car and starts shooting, so another rocket for their trouble...

You'll Never Walk Alone

crazyanurag
  • crazyanurag

okthxbai

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 02 May 2006 - 12:08 PM

Amphhibious Assault

to make a slightly easier time of it, get up on the rocks after the underwater loop-catching sequence, and unleash some Heat Seekers on the two nearby boats...if luck has it, another boat may also come into rockets' range allowing for that to be taken out as well...the Sniper and rockets both work for the searchlights on deck...once on board, use the Silenced 9mm handgun on anyone you see...

You'll Never Walk Alone

quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 May 2006 - 01:41 PM

Are You Going to San Fierro

1. It helps if you've done the firefighter missions. That way you are fireproof and don't risk setting yourself on fire. This part of the mission is pretty easy even if you are not, but it certainly goes faster.

2. After the cutscene where you are given the rocket launcher, aim up immediately at the chopper hovering over the van. You have a couple of seconds before it moves to get an easy shot. Hit it and run so you don't risk getting caught in the blast when the chopper crashes.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users