Cheats messing up your game

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic
StingerSplash85
  • StingerSplash85

The Human Lie Detector

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:41 PM

I put the "Max Fat" code in and now I wanna save but it says it may mess up my game. Will it? What will it do?

wildhalcyon
  • wildhalcyon

Im high on funk

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:45 PM

A few cheats will mess up your save - like the pedestrian codes, but for the most part the only noticable effect will be every time you save it will give you that warning from now on.

StingerSplash85
  • StingerSplash85

The Human Lie Detector

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:52 PM

OK cool. So it won't corrupt my save?

Teb
  • Teb

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 10:59 PM

It won't corrupt your save but it will corrupt your save's gameplay. Trust me, I'm a victim suicidal.gif

I had to restart the game all over again cryani.gif

StingerSplash85
  • StingerSplash85

The Human Lie Detector

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 04:21 AM

Wha'd you mean? Tell me what happened cause i'm startin to get mad.

gillies
  • gillies

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 04:32 AM

The word around here is that the only cheat code that causes any problems it the pedestrians riot code. When you enter that code it messes up at least one storyline mission that you have to complete if you want to get to the end, and even if you disable the code the mission will still be impossible to complete. The other codes are fine as far as I've heard but unless you really want something that you can only get through a cheat using them is a bit pointless and you have to put up with that warning screen every time you save your game from then on.

StingerSplash85
  • StingerSplash85

The Human Lie Detector

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 05:34 AM

What mission is that?

gillies
  • gillies

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 06:09 AM

"Madd Dogg", it is a mission in Las Venturas.

ali_hire
  • ali_hire

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 11:45 AM

This is true. Take2 confirmed that if you use any cheats it can bust your game at a later date.
I too was a victim of the Madd Dogg mission glitch, there is no way around it either, you have to start again. It may produce other glitches as well, such as removing 1 or 2 of the collectables so that you can't get 100% (this is nowhere near as frustrating as the Madd Dogg glitch though, at least you can complete the game!)

The best thing to do is not to use cheats, if you are going to, do not use any of the cheats that affect pedestrian behaviour (IE: ped riot, etc.). If you do use them, DO NOT SAVE after having used them EVEN IF YOU TURN IT OFF before you save. It can/will still f**k up your game. If you do use them turn the console off when you are done and restart from your last save.

I used the ped riot cheat to get past the 8 ball race at the stadium, if you need to use it for this, wait until you have completed all the missions, etc. and do this last.

tuned_in
  • tuned_in

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2006 - 01:48 AM

the only cheat i used was the health/armor/money cheat. and everytime i'd save, there'd be a warning that it is not recommended to save tha game bec a cheat has been activated.
now i can't load my game. is it because of the cheat?
it says : 'loading failed!.. blah blah blah.. now restarting game'
help?
is there a way to recover my game?

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 01 May 2006 - 06:26 AM

QUOTE (tuned_in @ May 1 2006, 01:48)
the only cheat i used was the health/armor/money cheat. and everytime i'd save, there'd be a warning that it is not recommended to save tha game bec a cheat has been activated.
now i can't load my game. is it because of the cheat?
it says : 'loading failed!.. blah blah blah.. now restarting game'
help?
is there a way to recover my game?

That cheat shouldn't mess up your game I believe. If you're using a PS2 platform, it could be that your memory card is simply loosely inserted that's why the data can't be read thus the load failure message. As far as I know in the consoles platform, even the peds riot cheat can mess up only your gameplay but not corrupt your game data as not to be able to load it. Try loading other saved games if you'll get the same message.

shermit
  • shermit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2006 - 10:33 PM

Problems with cheats?
Hey, the solution is rather simple if you think of it hard enough, really.
Here and there I hear you say you don't want the annoying message popping up everytime you try to save a cheated game; or that it may not load and want to recover the game; etc.

Try this.
Save the same game in another filename.
Then activate the cheat... play on. play just to see the ending.
Then after much exploration, play for real.

Problem solved. tounge2.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users