Quantcast

» «
Photo

Warning: Do not upgrade to firmware 2.7 or higher!

397 replies to this topic
swat_killer
  • swat_killer

I hate all fanboys

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (ARMEDnPISSED @ Apr 25 2006, 23:04)
QUOTE (nickwarr_182 @ Apr 25 2006, 16:53)
I'm sending those assholes hatemail. Stupid Sone, no wonder they didn't look cool to me until the PSP. They take the fun out of everything. seriously, the only reason peoples PSP stopped working was because they  made the updates more secure, and now, they have f*cked over their own product. I know there arew people who use the PSP for movie and music only and barely ever use games, but there are way more who use it for gaming. Sony's taking the main part of the PSP away from us.

Man I totaly agree with you man. I'm sure there are people that buy LCS for the cheat device. Now they just f*cked it up.

Great job Sony mad.gif . You used to be my favorite company but then now, you people are seriously f*cked up mad.gif

they are always f*ked up arent they? japo

Drumbum1234
  • Drumbum1234

Drums

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 11:13 PM

there may be a flaw..... but the psp updates wont allow the flaw to work

likepaulie24
  • likepaulie24

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 April 2006 - 11:14 PM

this is the business world, they say it for the entertainment for people, but instead they want our money, not our fun.

ARMEDnPISSED
  • ARMEDnPISSED

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (swat_killer @ Apr 25 2006, 23:12)
QUOTE (ARMEDnPISSED @ Apr 25 2006, 23:04)
QUOTE (nickwarr_182 @ Apr 25 2006, 16:53)
I'm sending those assholes hatemail. Stupid Sone, no wonder they didn't look cool to me until the PSP. They take the fun out of everything. seriously, the only reason peoples PSP stopped working was because they  made the updates more secure, and now, they have f*cked over their own product. I know there arew people who use the PSP for movie and music only and barely ever use games, but there are way more who use it for gaming. Sony's taking the main part of the PSP away from us.

Man I totaly agree with you man. I'm sure there are people that buy LCS for the cheat device. Now they just f*cked it up.

Great job Sony mad.gif . You used to be my favorite company but then now, you people are seriously f*cked up mad.gif

they are always f*ked up arent they? japo

LOL yea man no sh*t. Sony is against everything. mad.gif

Jamming
  • Jamming

[AP] Assassins in Paradise [AP]

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (likepaulie24 @ Apr 25 2006, 22:54)
I dont know for sure, but this might help. Back up files, I'm not sure if it will work, this might damage your psp. THis is not tested:

This might help...

this is where i found it

biggrin.gif People at the wikipedia thing might be able to help, they're smart like you guys. Im not advertising!

That is 100% not going to work. The only reason it works for Ipods is because HP provides Apple with some of the equipment it needs to make Ipods.

But sony does MOST of this on its own. Thats how sony can save cash and make the psp's cheaper smile.gif

neitherine
  • neitherine

Quality, Britches!

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 11:31 PM

well, the only real new thing is the flash player, and i dont even have a wifi router yet, so theres no reason for me to upgrade...woot woot

-DeMoN-
  • -DeMoN-

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 11:34 PM

From Fanjita at ps2dev.org:

EDIT: Update:
I've verified that the savegame API is checking that the struct size is exactly what it's expect to be. Lower, higher, and negative values all fail to load.

Seems like this avenue is now closed on 2.7 and beyond.

Link: http://forums.ps2dev...b6bdb41dba70e70

Looks like the savegame exploit is out the window. No Cheat Device and eLoader. Hopefully Fanjita can find a miraculous way around it, but from what he is saying, it sounds doubtful.

a guy
  • a guy

it is a waste of time to read this.

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 11:50 PM

angry.gif Sony screws up fun for everyone.

vettefan88
  • vettefan88

just call me vette

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 11:59 PM

you can watch flash movies on any psp.
convert the .swf to a .avi
then convert the .avi to the psp format, and presto flash movies on your psp. biggrin.gif

they only take up like 4mb each and don't require the internet.

B_da_man
  • B_da_man

Soca Warrior

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE (Drumbum1234 @ Apr 25 2006, 23:05)
yea im kinda happy i upgraded too.... i mean every1 will be upgrading sooner or later to play gta psp2..... and in the mean time while i am watching flash movies there might be a new crack........or downgrader(which i doubt)

Yeah when do you think GTA PSP 2 is going to come out?

Cause remember GTA LCS was supposed to come out in May, but in May all they did was release the name. Then it was scheduled for July but still no LCS. Then my local gaming stoer said in September it would come out. After that I just looked on this website weekly, and it came out in October.

From May - October = 5 months!!! And the next GTA could be around the same!!

a guy
  • a guy

it is a waste of time to read this.

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (vettefan88 @ Apr 25 2006, 23:59)
then convert the .avi to the psp format, and presto flash movies on your psp. biggrin.gif

do you know any converters that do that?

jf6293
  • jf6293

GTA LCS

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (vettefan88 @ Apr 25 2006, 19:59)

I just use PSP Media Manager, it converts for you, kinda. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to bounce.

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE ("Fanjita")
QUOTE ("ryoko_no_usagi")
QUOTE ("Fanjita")
More experiments later to try to find out just what pattern the API is trying to detect.

I don't know any details of the flaw in GTA but it would be stupid if the patch did something other than check the length of the input data that causes the overflow.

That seems most likely, but an alternative is that they're checking for a particular code sequence. I'm hoping that's the case, as it ought to be simple to bypass. I can't see any way how a check that understands the GTA-specific file format -- which is, in bare-bones essence:
CODE

int size_of_struct;
struct {
  player data
}

can really be defeated if it checks that size_of_struct is within range.

EDIT: Update:
I've verified that the savegame API is checking that the struct size is exactly what it's expect to be. Lower, higher, and negative values all fail to load.

Seems like this avenue is now closed on 2.7 and beyond.

http://forums.ps2dev...opic.php?t=5567

confused.gif

neitherine
  • neitherine

Quality, Britches!

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (B_da_man @ Apr 26 2006, 00:00)
QUOTE (Drumbum1234 @ Apr 25 2006, 23:05)
yea im kinda happy i upgraded too.... i mean every1 will be upgrading sooner or later to play gta psp2..... and in the mean time while i am watching flash movies there might be a new crack........or downgrader(which i doubt)

Yeah when do you think GTA PSP 2 is going to come out?

Cause remember GTA LCS was supposed to come out in May, but in May all they did was release the name. Then it was scheduled for July but still no LCS. Then my local gaming stoer said in September it would come out. After that I just looked on this website weekly, and it came out in October.

From May - October = 5 months!!! And the next GTA could be around the same!!

im not gunna upgrade til i walk in the door with that game in my hot lil hands

vettefan88
  • vettefan88

just call me vette

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:33 AM

all gta's have initially come out in october.
then in other months for x-box and pc.

Carbon_copy
  • Carbon_copy

Video Games are dumb

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:38 AM

Thing that worries me the most is loco roco, am I willing enough to give up 2.0 for loco roco, that game looks so awsome it's
a hard choice to make, but untill than... 2.0 all the way confused.gif

andrewtr89
  • andrewtr89

Fruit Head

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:47 AM

the madness continues...

http://pspcave.com/p...tem_20060425696

poopskin
  • poopskin

Yardie | Not a Clever Man

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:47 AM

oh well, my sis won't let me get cheat device on her psp anyway. (i don't have one or any money.)

vettefan88
  • vettefan88

just call me vette

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (andrewtr89 @ Apr 26 2006, 00:47)
the madness continues...

that's not even that great a feature.
embed the image into the first track in the folder and it'll display on the folder.

it only takes like 2 minutes to do.

andrewtr89
  • andrewtr89

Fruit Head

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (vettefan88 @ Apr 26 2006, 00:52)
QUOTE (andrewtr89 @ Apr 26 2006, 00:47)
the madness continues...

that's not even that great a feature.
embed the image into the first track in the folder and it'll display on the folder.

it only takes like 2 minutes to do.

its not so much the actual feature of embedding the image. its more so that people are looking for ways to exploit the firmware any way possible ie this, locoroco, eboot.pdb

-DeMoN-
  • -DeMoN-

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:56 AM Edited by -DeMoN-, 26 April 2006 - 12:58 AM.

Album art and Flash arent worth updating for me. The good thing is, both could potentially lead to homebrew. I was searching buffer overflow methods, and it turns out there is a Flash Player 6 buffer overflow that had been used on PCs before. Flash seems like it could be possible to get homebrew from, but from 2.7 on there will be NO Cheat Device, as the gamesave exploit is its only means of working.

Edit: Nothing will come from the LocoRoco demo or whatever it is. Its a simple EBOOT with a PARAM.SFO, DATA.PSP, and ICON0.PNG. This is how homebrew has been done since 1.0. Its the same type of file as the Update EBOOT. The thing stopping us from running homebrew this way is encryption, which we will never break.

neitherine
  • neitherine

Quality, Britches!

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (-DeMoN- @ Apr 26 2006, 00:56)
Album art and Flash arent worth updating for me. The good thing is, both could potentially lead to homebrew. I was searching buffer overflow methods, and it turns out there is a Flash Player 6 buffer overflow that had been used on PCs before. Flash seems like it could be possible to get homebrew from, but from 2.7 on there will be NO Cheat Device, as the gamesave exploit is its only means of working.

after hearing that ive lost all that was compelling me to buy GTA:PSP2. im never gunna be able to look at a GTA game the same...*sighs* whatsthat.gif .I think im gunna go play in the traffic for a while

Carbon_copy
  • Carbon_copy

Video Games are dumb

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (-DeMoN- @ Apr 25 2006, 19:56)

Edit: Nothing will come from the LocoRoco demo or whatever it is. Its a simple EBOOT with a PARAM.SFO, DATA.PSP, and ICON0.PNG. This is how homebrew has been done since 1.0. Its the same type of file as the Update EBOOT. The thing stopping us from running homebrew this way is encryption, which we will never break.

You could of course though, use the exploit from Flash six with the buffer overflow, than starts umds without any concern for structure size.

andrewtr89
  • andrewtr89

Fruit Head

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (neitherine @ Apr 26 2006, 00:59)
QUOTE (-DeMoN- @ Apr 26 2006, 00:56)

after hearing that ive lost all that was compelling me to buy GTA:PSP2. im never gunna be able to look at a GTA game the same...*sighs* whatsthat.gif .I think im gunna go play in the traffic for a while

so you've already updated to 2.7?

likepaulie24
  • likepaulie24

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (Jamming @ Apr 25 2006, 23:27)
QUOTE (likepaulie24 @ Apr 25 2006, 22:54)
I dont know for sure, but this might help. Back up files, I'm not sure if it will work, this might damage your psp. THis is not tested:

This might help...

this is where i found it

biggrin.gif People at the wikipedia thing might be able to help, they're smart like you guys. Im not advertising!

That is 100% not going to work. The only reason it works for Ipods is because HP provides Apple with some of the equipment it needs to make Ipods.

But sony does MOST of this on its own. Thats how sony can save cash and make the psp's cheaper smile.gif

actually when i was fixing my ipod, i had my psp plugged in too. It said Sony PSP, so then i just took it out.

Carbon_copy
  • Carbon_copy

Video Games are dumb

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:03 AM

wait there is a loco roco demo? wow.gif

andrewtr89
  • andrewtr89

Fruit Head

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE (Carbon_copy @ Apr 26 2006, 01:03)

Edit: Nothing will come from the LocoRoco demo or whatever it is. Its a simple EBOOT with a PARAM.SFO, DATA.PSP, and ICON0.PNG. This is how homebrew has been done since 1.0. Its the same type of file as  the Update EBOOT. The thing stopping us from running homebrew this way is encryption, which we will never break.

http://www.locoroco.jp/home/

Carbon_copy
  • Carbon_copy

Video Games are dumb

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE (andrewtr89 @ Apr 25 2006, 20:05)

Edit: Nothing will come from the LocoRoco demo or whatever it is. Its a simple EBOOT with a PARAM.SFO, DATA.PSP, and ICON0.PNG. This is how homebrew has been done since 1.0. Its the same type of file as  the Update EBOOT. The thing stopping us from running homebrew this way is encryption, which we will never break.

This works on american psps?

jf6293
  • jf6293

GTA LCS

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (andrewtr89 @ Apr 25 2006, 21:05)

English please.

likepaulie24
  • likepaulie24

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:10 AM

locoroco DEMO and flash doesnt seem a good enough sacrifice for updating. My brother's psp has been updated, the cd is corrupted data. This really sucks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users