Quantcast

» «
Photo

Warning: Do not upgrade to firmware 2.7 or higher!

397 replies to this topic
likepaulie24
  • likepaulie24

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:06 PM

I may not be a proffesional but if edison can change the cheat device files, why doesnt he edit the update, i opened the update for the psp using wordpad. So why dont you guys try removing the exploit or w/e it is.

mikeh
  • mikeh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:09 PM

The Sony eboots are highly encrypted. You make one change to that firmware and it will fail the checks. Only sony have access to the firmware sdks to do this.

*mike hugs his 1.0 jap psp*

Drumbum1234
  • Drumbum1234

Drums

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:11 PM

couldn't some1 "remove" the part of the 2.7 update that patches the exploit????

Waterbottle
  • Waterbottle

second daughter of my father's sister anne marit

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (likepaulie24 @ Apr 25 2006, 20:06)
I may not be a proffesional but if edison can change the cheat device files, why doesnt he edit the update, i opened the update for the psp using wordpad. So why dont you guys try removing the exploit or w/e it is.

try editing the update and then running it. it just won't work. he uses the games savegame decrypting thinghy to make the cheatdevice and since we never edit the update he dosn't have a way to edit it with out it corrupting (unless he thinks of somthing genious)

edit: mikeh beat me to it dontgetit.gif

mikeh
  • mikeh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:12 PM

No. (read my last post)

likepaulie24
  • likepaulie24

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (mikeh @ Apr 25 2006, 20:09)
The Sony eboots are highly encrypted. You make one change to that firmware and it will fail the checks. Only sony have access to the firmware sdks to do this.

*mike hugs his 1.0 jap psp*

oh that sucks, but it could be possible, and i dont know any of these ecryptions ans stuff. It may be possible, and notice how i say maybye.

Drumbum1234
  • Drumbum1234

Drums

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:13 PM

o.... i need to learn to read things better

mikeh
  • mikeh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:14 PM Edited by mikeh, 25 April 2006 - 08:17 PM.

No, it wont be possible. People have been trying for ages to make a custom firmware to allow homebrew and loads of features. It just wont work. Also removing the security checks means cutting out large chunks of code. Even if you did manage to recompile it with sony security (which you couldnt) and managed to run the thing, you would brick your psp.

edit: the only way you would stand even the slightest chance is getting a sony firmware sdk. and thats sitting right in the middle of sony hq confused.gif

likepaulie24
  • likepaulie24

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:14 PM

edit, i just found out it could brick your psp

vettefan88
  • vettefan88

just call me vette

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (likepaulie24 @ Apr 25 2006, 20:14)
edit, i just found out it could brick your psp

an update won't brick it unless you pull the battery half way through.

mikeh
  • mikeh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:20 PM

it will when you have just deleted half the code (which is what he was suggesting)

its of no real consequence, you couldnt run it anyway

vettefan88
  • vettefan88

just call me vette

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:22 PM

deleting half the code won't brick it because it will never run.

it'll just come up as corrupt.

Waterbottle
  • Waterbottle

second daughter of my father's sister anne marit

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (mikeh @ Apr 25 2006, 20:14)
edit: the only way you would stand even the slightest chance is getting a sony firmware sdk. and thats sitting right in the middle of sony hq confused.gif

if we could downgrade to 1.0 then we culd make custom firmwares becouse of it not having any security or what ever (I read that on some psp site...)

vettefan88
  • vettefan88

just call me vette

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:24 PM

people say 1.0 would allow custom firmware because you could launch a fake update, but you could probably do it with 1.5 aswell or better yet just use the mph firmware launcher.

neitherine
  • neitherine

Quality, Britches!

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:25 PM

alot of people are saying that they should just let the cheat device run, and not all the other illegal crap. As much as i hate to say it, it isnt up to us. Sure, all of us know that the cheat device kicks ass, but were only a small percentage of the PSP user market. there are probably hundreds of thousands of people that dont use the PSP for homebrew and the like. And, like any bussiness would, they are trying to please the majority. I think we have to face it. Its over

mikeh
  • mikeh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE ("vettefan88")
deleting half the code won't brick it because it will never run.

it'll just come up as corrupt.

yeah, i said that, meh

QUOTE ("waterbottle")
QUOTE ("mikeh")
edit: the only way you would stand even the slightest chance is getting a sony firmware sdk. and thats sitting right in the middle of sony hq

if we could downgrade to 1.0 then we culd make custom firmwares becouse of it not having any security or what ever (I read that on some psp site...)

no, you still wouldnt be able to upgrade without the sony sdk, it still has a checker in to ensure its been made by sony.

Wesyeed
  • Wesyeed

Internet brat

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:26 PM

Goddammit. This is a hard kick to the balls of GTA.

It looks like whatever secret ninjitsu magic way fanjita mentioned they could shut homebrew out was exactly what they did.

What a shame. It's just innocent homebrew, sony, not like the iso loader.... Why ruin all the fun people have with this thing? why? suicidal.gif

bbllplaya1111
  • bbllplaya1111

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE (neitherine @ Apr 25 2006, 20:25)
alot of people are saying that they should just let the cheat device run, and not all the other illegal crap. As much as i hate to say it, it isnt up to us. Sure, all of us know that the cheat device kicks ass, but were only a small percentage of the PSP user market. there are probably hundreds of thousands of people that dont use the PSP for homebrew and the like. And, like any bussiness would, they are trying to please the majority. I think we have to face it. Its over

yeah i know it stinks, im the only one in my entire schol district who knows about the cheat device.

guitarrocker
  • guitarrocker

And they won't rest until you're dead.

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:48 PM

I'm not sure if it is possible, because I really do not have as much knowledge of the psp as I would like to, but would it be possible to make a site with firmware downloads that lets you get whichever one that you want?

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to bounce.

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:51 PM

Fanjita is working on 2.70 now. Lets sit back and hope!
http://forums.ps2dev...b6bdb41dba70e70

grand theft car
  • grand theft car

**FUNK YOU** LICK MY RIMZ

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:01 PM

i propose that a team is sent to crack the new 2.7 and then after they do keep it hidden until gtapsp2 comes out...cause as soon as you crack 2.7 then you post it up, sony exec's will get whim of it and patch that up

soo after you guys crack it KEEP IT HIDDEN and dont show it until gtapsp2 is out

cause if sony doesnt think there is a new hole then he wont try to patch it

i wish you much luck trying to crack it

anyways flash isnt all that i still cant watch the videos at newgrounds we need flash 8 not 6

and we really dont need to crack this firmware .... if nobody upgrades
like was said with 2.6 DONT UPGRADE its not worth it yet anyways

im going to upgrade as soon as the camera comes out or ps1 emulater
on my brothers psp not mine

i switch between 1.5 and 2.0 often devil.gif

Drumbum1234
  • Drumbum1234

Drums

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (grand theft car @ Apr 25 2006, 21:01)
i propose that a team is sent to crack the new 2.7 and then after they do keep it hidden until gtapsp2 comes out...cause as soon as you crack 2.7 then you post it up, sony exec's will get whim of it and patch that up

soo after you guys crack it KEEP IT HIDDEN and dont show it until gtapsp2 is out

cause if sony doesnt think there is a new hole then he wont try to patch it

i wish you much luck trying to crack it

anyways flash isnt all that i still cant watch the videos at newgrounds we need flash 8 not 6

and we really dont need to crack this firmware .... if nobody upgrades
like was said with 2.6 DONT UPGRADE its not worth it yet anyways

im going to upgrade as soon as the camera comes out or ps1 emulater
on my brothers psp not mine

i switch between 1.5 and 2.0 often devil.gif

y would u try to crack it when u were going to keep it hidden for half a year???..... 1 of the people would prolly post it and they wouldnt hide it anyway

Miami13
  • Miami13

Go Dolphins!

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:15 PM

WTF SONY! Why put this f***ing patch in?! I just don't get it at all. It is doing nothing bad that anyone would be mad about, it is probably increasing PSP and definitely GTA LCS sales.

grand theft car
  • grand theft car

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:32 PM

Think About The Future

ohh yay! we cracked the code now we have flash and can play homebrew Yay!

next firmware ohh noo, theres no possible way of getting in cause sony patched it again

ohh well at least i have flash sarcasm.gif

ohh 6 months pass and the crack hasnt been released ...now that gtapsp2 is out lets release it ......ohh yay! moddible gtapsp2 and a new city to funk around with Yay!

Think Hard...Real Hard

if sony see's no problem then he wont fix it

and if you guys release the crack then sony will fix it

anyways why ohh why do you need flash ohh soo bad right now? cryani.gif

IM SORRY I HAD WRITTEN A THREE PARAGRAPH EXPLAINING IN MORE DETAIL WHY NOT RELEASE THE CRACK BUT IT WAS TAKING TOo LONG TO POST SO I REFRESHED AND EVERYTHING DISAPPEARED

ILL TYPE IT IF I CAN REMEMBER suicidal.gif

jib90
  • jib90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:40 PM

edison i dont know if any body answered you but the highest upgrade a game requires is 2.6 splinter cell essentials requiers 2.6 and if im nt mistaken so does fifa street 2.. sorry for bad spelling lol

Jamming
  • Jamming

[AP] Assassins in Paradise [AP]

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:44 PM

I will miss The cheatdevice as i am going through with the download. Hoping the new features can cure the loses. I do hope to be able to discouver a way in to go back to other versions.

How are we going to find flaws if we all stick with firmware 2.6? Well im going to stand up for that and hopefully birng modding to 2.7. Wish me luck smile.gif

B_da_man
  • B_da_man

Soca Warrior

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:44 PM

I think the new James Bond From Russia with Love must require 2.6 also because it came out after Splinter Cell.

PS Good Luck Jammie!! biggrin.gif

Jamming
  • Jamming

[AP] Assassins in Paradise [AP]

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:46 PM

I do have some plan. If someone has ever saved version 2.6 or earlier to their memory card. The we might be able to use that. But i don't know if thats legal.

jf6293
  • jf6293

GTA LCS

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:47 PM

Well it's out, probably worldwide by now, there is no way I am ever going to upgrade unless eloader, CD... are hacked so people can use it on 2.7.

If anyone with 2 PSPs wants to risk ont to 2.7,I have the 2.6 upgrade file waiting, you could see if you could downgrade from 2.7 to 2.6 with it, I downloaded the 2.6 file just in time before the release of 2.7.

grand theft car
  • grand theft car

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:49 PM

or after you crack it dont stop there try to finds more cracks and then release a main one and keep the others secret soo when next update rolls around you wont care about the one that is getting patched and then you can release the other crack when a firmware rolls around where something really really needed comes along such as the ps1 emulator

hopefully if that happens and you still have a crack then youll be abel to run ps1 roms on the emulater instead of having to pay $15 or less downloading it from the new sony service

cause i have many ps1 roms on disk but no emultor or my computer just cant play it soo this would be usefull to me atleast wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users