Quantcast

» «
Photo

Warning: Do not upgrade to firmware 2.7 or higher!

398 replies to this topic
edisoncarter
  • edisoncarter

Goon

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:47 PM Edited by edisoncarter, 03 June 2006 - 07:55 PM.

Firmware 2.7 is the first new firmware release since CheatDevice came out. As expected, Sony has patched CheatDevice's savefile exploit. Do not upgrade to firmware 2.7 or you will be locked out from running CheatDevice and all homebrew!

This is not like 2.5 or 2.6 where support eventually came when the new syscalls were figured out. This is locked out, no chance, period.

Let me reiterate. 2.6 is the end of the line for CheatDevice. The GTA exploit is totally, certainly, completely and permanently closed on 2.7. Furthermore, any other exploits that the PSP homebrew community may come up with to open up homebrew again on 2.7 will NOT be usable with CheatDevice.

Do not upgrade to 2.7 thinking that CheatDevice will eventually support 2.7. It won't.

Edit:
This also applies to 2.71 or any later version.

andrewtr89
  • andrewtr89

Fruit Head

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:49 PM Edited by andrewtr89, 25 April 2006 - 03:52 PM.

you should check out the locoroco demo. a lot of people are saying eventually homebrew will be able to be played through it
no gaurantees though

Swish
  • Swish

Don't make me open an can of "WHOOP ASS"!

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:50 PM

Thanks for clearing that issue up Edisoncarter. Maybe one day someone will find some flaws in the update.. rah.gif

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:51 PM

Nice one mate, i was discussing this with some other people yesterday, as they expected to have it on 2.7. I didn't know the technicalities of it fully but now we all do, good job on telling us, hopefully this is early enough for people not to update, so they can keep the cheatdevice.

Much appreciated, thanks mate. icon14.gif

CurrentlyCarrotfoot
  • CurrentlyCarrotfoot

A.K.A. Carrotfoot. Actual Joined: 7th December 2004

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (andrewtr89 @ Apr 25 2006, 15:49)
you should check out the locoroco demo. a lot of people are saying eventually homebrew will be able to be played through it

I'm not gonna risk getting that incase it can't get hacked. I'd love to be able to download a demo of it though.

Goddamn Sony! Can't blame them though, this is their business we're f*cking with.

The-end
  • The-end

It's time to go home

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:55 PM

You should pin this ec, will help people to notice it smile.gif

I woudl love to upgrade to 2.7 for the flash player, but not worth lossing the cheat device cry.gif

Im gonna end up having to update and so is every other gta fan because by time gtapsp2 is out they will b 3.00 f/w an it will most provbly force an update.

ell
  • ell

vice city tourist

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:55 PM

the thing im worried about the most is if gta vice city stories is only compatible with version 2.7 then we would be screwed cry.gif

ADePSP
  • ADePSP

A wonderful drug dealin' theathin' murderer...

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (ell @ Apr 25 2006, 15:55)
the thing im worried about the most is if gta vice city stories is only compatible with version 2.7 then we would be screwed cry.gif

That's a long way off...

andrewtr89
  • andrewtr89

Fruit Head

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (ell @ Apr 25 2006, 15:55)

unfortunantly that is most likely what they are going to do, just like lcs made you upgrade to 2.0 just to try to patch the homebrew hole in 2.5

edisoncarter
  • edisoncarter

Goon

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:13 PM

It will be a while before any games require fw 2.7. What's the highest fw version any games require right now?

This patch is specific to GTA:LCS. The next GTA for PSP will surely be patched in the game itself. Even if R* wants to leave it open, Sony will require it to be fixed before they validate the game.

QUOTE (andrewtr89 @ Apr 25 2006, 07:49)
you should check out the locoroco demo.  a lot of people are saying eventually homebrew will be able to be played through it
no gaurantees though

Don't give people false hope.

andrewtr89
  • andrewtr89

Fruit Head

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (edisoncarter @ Apr 25 2006, 16:13)

QUOTE (andrewtr89 @ Apr 25 2006, 07:49)
you should check out the locoroco demo.  a lot of people are saying eventually homebrew will be able to be played through it
no gaurantees though

Don't give people false hope.

i'm not trying to persuade people either way. i hope thats now what it sounded like. i'm just saying people are trying to find holes in the locoroco demo, no matter what firmware is out. personally i think its a simple choice, if you like flash more than homebrew upgrade. if you like homebrew more than flash, dont.

ell
  • ell

vice city tourist

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:24 PM

so ec are yoyu saying this is the end for the cheat device on the the next gta

Nick000
  • Nick000

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (ell @ Apr 25 2006, 11:24)

If you can afford it, you could always buy another PSP just for new games that require FW updates, if I have to do that I will, because there is no use in GTA LCS without the cheatdevice.

edisoncarter
  • edisoncarter

Goon

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (ell @ Apr 25 2006, 08:24)

It's too soon to know, but the chances are pretty slim for the next gta.

They'll probably be able to emulate every firmware version from now on with stuff like RunUMD. A firmware emulator could insert a cheat device. You'd need 1.5 or downgrade from 2.0.

ell
  • ell

vice city tourist

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:40 PM

DAMN!!!
ahwell just so you know, your cheat device put the GRAND back in grand theft auto icon14.gif thank you ec tounge.gif

nickwarr_182
  • nickwarr_182

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:53 PM

I'm sending those assholes hatemail. Stupid Sone, no wonder they didn't look cool to me until the PSP. They take the fun out of everything. seriously, the only reason peoples PSP stopped working was because they made the updates more secure, and now, they have f*cked over their own product. I know there arew people who use the PSP for movie and music only and barely ever use games, but there are way more who use it for gaming. Sony's taking the main part of the PSP away from us.

CurrentlyCarrotfoot
  • CurrentlyCarrotfoot

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:00 PM

Ahh, stop being a cry baby. Don't upgrade, easy as that.

I quote, from me, responding to someone who decided that homebrew was in fact helping Sony:

QUOTE ("me @ haha lol)

Well think of it from this way guys. We're f*cking with Sony's business here. I for one have not bought a PSP game since GTA:LCS, due to homebrew. How does that in anyway help Sony?

Of course, I'd rather they embraced homebrew and let us run amock with their systems, but it ain't gonna happen.

Sony is a multinational Corporation, with clever smart people managing the business. You think a bunch of 12-year-olds can run the business better?

Aha.

nickwarr_182
  • nickwarr_182

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (CurrentlyCarrotfoot @ Apr 25 2006, 10:00)

I quote, from me, responding to someone who decided that homebrew was in fact helping Sony:

QUOTE ("me @  haha lol)

Well think of it from this way guys. We're f*cking with Sony's business here. I for one have not bought a PSP game since GTA:LCS, due to homebrew. How does that in anyway help Sony?

Of course, I'd rather they embraced homebrew and let us run amock with their systems, but it ain't gonna happen.

Sony is a multinational Corporation, with clever smart people managing the business. You think a bunch of 12-year-olds can run the business better?

Aha.

Yes. I for one, do.

Swish
  • Swish

Don't make me open an can of "WHOOP ASS"!

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE (Nick000 @ Apr 25 2006, 16:28)
QUOTE (ell @ Apr 25 2006, 11:24)

If you can afford it, you could always buy another PSP just for new games that require FW updates, if I have to do that I will, because there is no use in GTA LCS without the cheatdevice.

You are one dedicated GTA fan. lol.gif I might be able to get another one, if I beg to my mom. biggrin.gif

CurrentlyCarrotfoot
  • CurrentlyCarrotfoot

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (nickwarr_182 @ Apr 25 2006, 17:08)
QUOTE (CurrentlyCarrotfoot @ Apr 25 2006, 10:00)

QUOTE ("me @  haha lol)

Aha.

Yes. I for one, do.

Fair enough.

Okay, why?

nickwarr_182
  • nickwarr_182

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:17 PM

Because the "adults" at Aony obnviously don't know what's good for them and what's not, if it were me, I would simply update the PSP so you could use it to play games and homebrew, as well as what they're putting into it without the homebrew killing. Those guys are constantly losing gamersbecause of this. Surely kids would need some help from an adult every every so often, but they do now too, and that's what they're not looking for. It's like looking for a needle in the wrong pile of hay.

_Jammie_
  • _Jammie_

Elite Member

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:25 PM

I won't be upgrading. Thats for sure >.> The only thing that keeps me at 2.0 is the Cheat Device. I will never upgrade

kingvercetti
  • kingvercetti

Is this the real life?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:51 PM

Hmmmmm. Sony are soon gonna have to start relying on idiots.

Well, it depends on what people like. I mean lets face it. The current line of PSP games is quite poor at best. To be honest out of all the games out I've only found maybe 5 that I like/want to play. Now I may be the only person like that, but I know there are TONS of people that stay on 1.0/1.5 because homebrew is free and high quality, and ignore retail games. So with these updates they're forcing on us, depending on the will-power of people, Sony may see a big drop in sales. It depends how much we love CheatDevice/eLoader.

PyroHazard
  • PyroHazard

I AM THE DANGER!

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:55 PM

Leave it to Sony to have phobias against homebrew games and apps which don't affect their business at all. Ah well, the PS2 version of LCS is coming out and hopefully we will get some good cheats out of that (except maybe the more complex codes like CheatMaker and Construction Mode.)

ADePSP
  • ADePSP

A wonderful drug dealin' theathin' murderer...

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (kingvercetti @ Apr 25 2006, 17:51)
Hmmmmm. Sony are soon gonna have to start relying on idiots.

Well, it depends on what people like. I mean lets face it. The current line of PSP games is quite poor at best. To be honest out of all the games out I've only found maybe 5 that I like/want to play. Now I may be the only person like that, but I know there are TONS of people that stay on 1.0/1.5 because homebrew is free and high quality, and ignore retail games. So with these updates they're forcing on us, depending on the will-power of people, Sony may see a big drop in sales. It depends how much we love CheatDevice/eLoader.

Unfortunatly Sony will win because who on this website will not upgrade to whatever firmware they say if it's required to play the next PSP GTA game... I will... LCS is the only reason i've got one anyway... If Sony say I have to dress up like a Donkey for a week in order to have a copy of the next game then I'll just have to grin a bare it...

The only reason most of us are here is because we love Grand Theft Auto (and messing with it biggrin.gif )... Anyone who thinks 2.7 is a good idea really has no place posting here... This thread of these forums has nothing to do with playing stupid Flash games does it...?

kingvercetti
  • kingvercetti

Is this the real life?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 April 2006 - 06:32 PM

I always wonder if Sony will ever release a system where a developer pays around 250 to get there hombrew game signed. That would work pretty well, besides the fact that some people would charge for the game to make up the cost. confused.gif

Basti
  • Basti

Killerhamster

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (kingvercetti @ Apr 25 2006, 20:32)
I always wonder if Sony will ever release a system where a developer pays around 250 to get there hombrew game signed. That would work pretty well, besides the fact that some people would charge for the game to make up the cost. confused.gif

Well, you might won't believe it, but there's actually a system, that allows you to run homebrew, games and other "illegal" stuff, even if you have to pay three times more than 250$... http://www.sonystyle...&Dept=computers wow.gif

sarcasm.gif

One question: What is so dangerous about the cheat device? Can you run iso files? No. Can you run manipulatet eboot.pbp files? No. Can you run homebrew with it? No. So why is Sony so scared, that anything illegal could happen? Why isn't Sony just once in a lifetime fair to their customers, and gives them a chance to have more fun with a Sony product, than they thought we would have? Instead of beeing happy about the things that are possible with their Playstation they think at once, that maybe someone could run ROMs or anything else.
Raaah! You stupid Sony die.gif

Waterbottle
  • Waterbottle

second daughter of my father's sister anne marit

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (Basti @ Apr 25 2006, 19:36)
One question: What is so dangerous about the cheat device? Can you run iso files? No. Can you run manipulatet eboot.pbp files? No. Can you run homebrew with it? No.

sony can't block the eloader without blocking the cheatdevice also confused.gif

bbllplaya1111
  • bbllplaya1111

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:56 PM

but whasts the point of sealing security holes? N one except someone with high programming skills would notice the difference. it also takes the fun out of a game for modderts i really dont underastand it.

Drumbum1234
  • Drumbum1234

Drums

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:00 PM

they seald the hole because homebrew in the save game exploit... not to make cheat device users mad.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users