Photo

The Raconteurs

8 replies to this topic
Jack_Knife
  • Jack_Knife

we usually take all niggas garments

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 April 2006 - 12:56 AM

I couldn't recall if a post about these guys has been made here yet, and I had a bit of a search and didn't turn anything up, so whatever. If there has been a topic, I'll request this one be closed up.

Now, I know that not many people here particularly like the White Stripes, but I personally love them, and Jack White especially. He's one of my favourite guitarists. And for this reason I was quite happy when I learned he would be teaming up with Brendan Benson, Patrick Keeler and Jack Lawrence to form the The Raconteurs.

You can listen to the two songs off their single on their website. I think it's exactly what you'd expect Jack White with a band to sound like. And I love it. Their album is released next month I think, but I have, er, had a few listens already. And I must say I'm very impressed. It's only got 10 tracks, so it's a little short, but they're all quality music.

And this doesn't mean the end of the White Stripes, Jack has said too. Which is rad. And he's also said that this isn't a side project, it's a fully fledged band that he intends to stick with.

So, anyway, what'd'you think of 'em?

Goodfella.
  • Goodfella.

Your friendly neighborhood Goodfella

• The Precinct

Posted 22 April 2006 - 01:14 AM

I saw The White Stripes last november and they had The Greenhornes as support. As you probably know the other vocalist/guitarist and base player both come from The Greenhornes. They were pretty damm good too, you should check 'em out.

Haven't heard much of The Raconteurs yet, but I thought Steady as She Goes was a pretty cool track.

Mav.
  • Mav.

Ghetto Star

• The Connection

Posted 23 April 2006 - 12:06 AM

I just listened to The Raconteurs, and I must say, pretty impressive smile.gif .

TheSpillCanvas
  • TheSpillCanvas

Valiant

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2006 - 01:00 AM

Better than The White Stripes.

I really like Steady As She Goes. Catchy tune.

Mav.
  • Mav.

Ghetto Star

• The Connection

Posted 23 April 2006 - 04:20 AM

QUOTE (TheSpillCanvas @ Apr 23 2006, 12:00)
Better than The White Stripes.

I dunno about that, but they're pretty close.

spyro_ie
  • spyro_ie

Go With the Flow

• Members

Posted 23 April 2006 - 01:57 PM

I like that song "Steady as She Goes". I am not exactley a fan of Jack White or the White Stripes but I do like some of their songs. From just that one song from the Raconteurs I prefer them to White Stripes.

Striker*
  • Striker*

Red eye mind tricks and homogenized silk

• Members

Posted 23 April 2006 - 09:38 PM

I've only heard "Steady As She Goes" and it's a pretty good song. The Racontuers sound promising. I like the White Stripes too, so this is good news. I can't determine which I like better though.

Snares
  • Snares

Oi!

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 23 April 2006 - 09:49 PM

I really like The White Stripes, I'll try and get some of their tunes. If they are anything like TWS, they should be good.

Purple9
  • Purple9

WARNING: Contains Horse

• The Precinct

Posted 04 May 2006 - 02:35 AM

Steady As She Goes is great. Top guitar work by Jack, he's got some talented band members also - including Brendan Benson. Not bad for a side project. tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users