» «
Photo

Vice City Stories UN-CONFIRMED

27 replies to this topic
Coolv
  • Coolv

The V

• Members

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:42 PM Edited by Coolv, 19 April 2006 - 09:50 PM.

Well, according to PSPupdates, the next PSP GTA shall be Vice City Stories.

In that case, Rockstar was not attempting to fool us with the patents. What do YOU ALL think of this? Bogus or not bogus?

Coolv
  • Coolv

The V

• Members

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:52 PM Edited by Coolv, 20 April 2006 - 01:34 AM.

So, what do you think could be features for this game? Personally, I would like a firmware update that allows for dual-layered UMD disc reading. It is not that difficult to make. In that way, Vice City Stories would finally be able to rival San Andreas in content (PORTABLE).

Jamming
  • Jamming

[AP] Assassins in Paradise [AP]

• Members

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:29 PM

lets just e-mail sony asking for them to enable that smile.gif

Doesn't hurt to ask now does it?

cr0bar
  • cr0bar

Puts the C in D&C.

• Members

Posted 20 April 2006 - 12:31 AM

I just hope there'll be able to be a cheat device for it tounge.gif

Nick000
  • Nick000

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 April 2006 - 12:35 AM Edited by Nick000, 20 April 2006 - 02:29 AM.

QUOTE (cr0bar @ Apr 19 2006, 19:31)
I just hope there'll be able to be a cheat device for it tounge.gif

Most likely, ARMAX, or some other cheating devices you see around, if they actually find a way to

hack into it.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 20 April 2006 - 01:22 AM

Umm if you actually read the list it isn't confirmed at all, its simply rumours and nothing more atm.

Coolv
  • Coolv

The V

• Members

Posted 20 April 2006 - 01:33 AM

Yes, but these games are major possibilities.

danv08
  • danv08

Psycho

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 01:26 PM

i think it isn't bogus and they should make a firmware update so they can use dual layer cuz LCS is great and all but it lacks some of the things that were even in vice city but LCS is the greatest game for PSP yet and they should make another one

Multiformat Gamer
  • Multiformat Gamer

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:05 PM

Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories For Playstation 2

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 25 April 2006 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (Multiformat Gamer @ Apr 25 2006, 15:05)

No, i don't think so, becuase that would mean the whole point in owning a PSP is defunct for many owners as some have only bought a PSP for GTA. GTAPSP2 may come out on a console later on, but not as a multi-formay release on day 1.

I hope it isn't VCS, but what i do hope is that it's set in Vice City, but not called stories, it would make the whole PSP series seem like spin-offs recycling the same name.

grand theft car
  • grand theft car

**FUNK YOU** LICK MY RIMZ

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 April 2006 - 10:34 PM

i dont think tht psp umd's can be dual layerd cause it wasnt made to read that type of disk

anyways i think that the laser on the psp is differnt to the one on the ps2 soo i really dont think that would help unless sony went and changed the laser on every single psp for a small fee soo i see a noo

psp umd 1.8 gigs =dual layered 3.6 gigs

ps2 dvd 4.5 gigs =dual layered 9 gigs

ps3 blu 25 gigs =dual layered 54 gigs =quadrupal layerd 200+ gigs, but very pricey and single scratch could seriously damage the game files making it unplayable

get your facts strait
even with a dual layerd it would be far less to fit san andreas too fit on

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (Multiformat Gamer @ Apr 26 2006, 01:35)

I am also pretty sure Rockstar want to move on from the PS2 and move to next gen hardware.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 April 2006 - 06:30 PM Edited by *MURDOC*, 28 April 2006 - 04:52 AM.

I just read in PSM that "there are reports that Spike TV is considering an action/drama that is either insipired by GTA, or officially based on GTA, that would premier as early as summer 2007"

They also said "the recently-filled copyright for Vice City Stories covers the use of movies and TV."

A GTA tv show?

That might suck really really bad!!!!!!

Hopefully its just a game.

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 27 April 2006 - 08:20 PM

On the subject of Dual Layered UMD's. They are possible it's just that the dumping process is a bit more complicated than the streaming on the double layered DVD's for San Andreas on the PS2.

They're in testing now, and the max capacity would be 3.6gb's on the UMD ( or maybe slightly smaller)

If it was possible for R* to get the dev kits for the new GTA on PSP which i'm sure is already well underway interms of development hence the November 06 launch date, then we could get a load more in the new VCS (?) on the PSP.

Another interesting fact is that Sony made the PSP to be upgradable, what i mean in this is that they'll be able to make a battery for the PSP which could run games at the 333mhz mode edison exhibited in his cheatdevice.

So imagine this, the perfect scenario, Vice City Stories, Out in November 06, 3.2 dual layered UMD. Running at 333mhz, and works on 2.6 firmware or below enabling edison to have a cheatdevice, this would be awesome.

A minor preference fr me would for a grunge style Vice City set in 200 just afte rhte events of GTA3, you know whay? Becuase i want to see what happens to Ray when he leaves for Vice City at the end of GTA3.

grandta
  • grandta

R.F.M

• Members

Posted 27 April 2006 - 08:24 PM

ok vice city is comeing out on psp and then san andreas

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 27 April 2006 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (grandta @ Apr 27 2006, 20:24)
ok vice city is comeing out on psp and then san andreas

I don't think that San Andreas will ever come out for PSP, well not in it's entirety, R* did confirm that they'd make a new map for GTA at some point it's just we don't know when, or on what format.

My guess is that while they concentrate on GTA4 and getting that out, they'll put together a re-hash of Vice City out for the PSP like they did with LCS and then once GTA4 is released they'll work on an all new map for GTA on the PSP.

Although i think it's possible that San Andreas could come out, i would of thought that it would be near imposssible for them to fit it on even a dual layered UMD of 3.6 gb's.

I would like to see a SA on PSP, but perhaps they'll do it so you're only restricted to where you can go, so they'd cut out one of the cities, such as San Fierro. Although i would of thought that most players would feel as though they now what behind the invisible wall tha tthe PSP version isn't letting them see but the PS2 version of San Andreas can.

That's just my thought though.

TenaciousD.
  • TenaciousD.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 27 April 2006 - 09:05 PM

seeing SA on PSP would be brilliant, a massive area fitting on a UMD, it would be great.

But VCS would be great if set in 2000's as Rob said. Seeing what happened to Ray would be cool, maybe playing as him ?

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 28 April 2006 - 01:04 AM

Actually Rob, San Andreas on PS2 wasn't a dual layer DVD it was rumoured to at first but didn't end up being one.

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 30 April 2006 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Apr 28 2006, 01:04)
Actually Rob, San Andreas on PS2 wasn't a dual layer DVD it was rumoured to at first but didn't end up being one.

Oh rite, thanks for that, i always had thought it was going to be Dual layer just due to the sheer size of the game. Does this mean if ithad gone dual layer the pop-up effects and touches would have been better?

Thanks for the info though mate icon14.gif

method.man 2
  • method.man 2

Va fungool

• Members

Posted 01 May 2006 - 01:42 AM

if you read gamesmaster you will know now that a spokesperson slipped up and accidently announced the next gta is VC stories. you might have to wait a week to buy the mag in the shops though ( i subscribe) but its this months issue although the date says june

Multiformat Gamer
  • Multiformat Gamer

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 May 2006 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (Rob_UK @ Apr 25 2006, 15:36)

No, i don't think so, becuase that would mean the whole point in owning a PSP is defunct for many owners as some have only bought a PSP for GTA. GTAPSP2 may come out on a console later on, but not as a multi-formay release on day 1.

I hope it isn't VCS, but what i do hope is that it's set in Vice City, but not called stories, it would make the whole PSP series seem like spin-offs recycling the same name.

Thats what they said about Liberty City Stories and it back fired big time to many angry PS2 owners. If they dont give PS2 owners a new gta not only will it be a slap in the face to them from sony but it will also lose sony customers since without the Playstation 2 their would never of been a Playstation Portable in the first place.

Their is no excuse for any major corporation to deny fans the privilage of a new GTA Game for both their PSP and PS2 systems. Come on now the Xbox 360 is out and Sony want their Playstation 3 to sell and they cant do that if they develop a reputation by stabbing people in the back by saying " Hey guys its gonna cost you another 200 $200 just to play the newest GTA but hey we know the ps2 is capable but nah unless you buy a new system from us thats a Mini modified Playstation 2 youll stick with an outdated GTA Game. Both Rockstar and Sony Cant afford to lose customers with the next gen battle.

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 01 May 2006 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE (Multiformat Gamer @ May 1 2006, 01:56)
QUOTE (Rob_UK @ Apr 25 2006, 15:36)
*speech*

*Speech*

Thats what they said about Liberty City Stories and it back fired big time to many angry PS2 owners. If they dont give PS2 owners a new gta not only will it be a slap in the face to them from sony but it will also lose sony customers since without the Playstation 2 their would never of been a Playstation Portable in the first place.

Their is no excuse for any major corporation to deny fans the privilage of a new GTA Game for both their PSP and PS2 systems. Come on now the Xbox 360 is out and Sony want their Playstation 3 to sell and they cant do that if they develop a reputation by stabbing people in the back by saying " Hey guys its gonna cost you another 200 $200 just to play the newest GTA but hey we know the ps2 is capable but nah unless you buy a new system from us thats a Mini modified Playstation 2 youll stick with an outdated GTA Game. Both Rockstar and Sony Cant afford to lose customers with the next gen battle.

Their is no excuse for any major corporation to deny fans the privilage of a new GTA Game for both their PSP and PS2 systems.

There is an excuse, and that excuse is money, if you look at all the games that have come out for the PSP since it's launch for Europe in September, there has hardly been any good games what so ever.

Sony needed something to shift their sales, and this was GTA.If GTA CS hadn't been exclusive for PSP for around 7 months or whatever, then the PSP would have been one of the biggest flops in Sony's history, like the beta-mac.

Hey guys its gonna cost you another 200 $200 just to play the newest GTA but hey we know the ps2 is capable but nah unless you buy a new system from us thats a Mini modified Playstation 2 youll stick with an outdated GTA Game.

I think that's a bit unfair mate, i don't think R* will produce GTA4 to a fraction of what the 50gb Blu-Ray discs are capable of becuase it would be rather pointless. And i think the PS3 won't be a mini modified PS2, it will be next gen, and i've already got some information for it.

November 2006 - Europe
400 - UK Price

Rob_UK goes off to Xbox 360

Until i have played a PS3, i'm not buying one.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:12 AM

QUOTE (Rob_UK @ Apr 27 2006, 16:20)
On the subject of Dual Layered UMD's. They are possible it's just that the dumping process is a bit more complicated than the streaming on the double layered DVD's for San Andreas on the PS2.

You just totally discredited your own post. SA is on a single layered DVD. In fact, the PS2 version was taking up only 4.2GB of the layer, leaving almost half of a GB free.

Now, the dual layered UMD is definetly possible. The question is whether or not the hardware supports them. There are certain things required from the hardware for reading multiple layers, and if these things are not there, no firmware will fix it.

dave-the-hood-gangsta
  • dave-the-hood-gangsta

If money doesent grow on trees,howcome banks have branches

• Members

Posted 01 May 2006 - 12:14 PM

IF VC Stories Is realeased could EC make cheatdevice 4 it????????????????????

Grant
  • Grant

Back from the dead

• Members

Posted 01 May 2006 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (dave-the-hood-gangsta @ May 1 2006, 13:14)
IF VC Stories Is realeased could EC make cheatdevice 4 it????????????????????

Possibly, no one knows for sure yet.

Multiformat Gamer
  • Multiformat Gamer

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 May 2006 - 03:02 PM

Are you kidding me why would sony slap PS2 owners in the face by saying sorry youll stick with GTA LCS.

Comeone if PSP owners get a new gta game why cant PS2 owners or is it because we are not made of money rockstar dozingoff.gif

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 01 May 2006 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (Multiformat Gamer @ May 1 2006, 15:02)
Are you kidding me why would sony slap PS2 owners in the face by saying sorry youll stick with GTA LCS.

Comeone if PSP owners get a new gta game why cant PS2 owners or is it because we are not made of money rockstar dozingoff.gif

Correct mate, you inadvertintly hit the nail on the head there my friend.

You see, San Andreas wouldn't have been such the success it was if it was released multi-format by day one. Sony and R* had made a deal of exclusivity for around 8 months, then it came out on Xbox and PC.

Remember SA being delayed a week all of a sudden, the reason why was becuase sony was about to release it's slimline PStwo, so, sony wanted to sell it's new console spin-off with SA, making even more money.

It's the same in terms of PSP, that game helped shift those PSP units.

But you're right R* are a company like any other, and if you want an awesome GTA4, then they need even more of our monies to make it happen, hence the first ever PSP to PS2 direct port. I just hope they add some better graphics.

The-end
  • The-end

It's time to go home

• Members

Posted 14 May 2006 - 02:20 PM

I think that if dual layer umd disc come into production, then san andreas could be ported over.

Think about it, it would have lo-resolution textures, which would shave off quite a bit of usage; also, they could use newer compression techniques to keep it within the limits.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users