» «
Photo

Radio doesn't work

5 replies to this topic
CaptainSpork
  • CaptainSpork

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 April 2006 - 05:32 AM Edited by CaptainSpork, 16 April 2006 - 05:39 AM.

I have never been able to get the radio in SA to work. I have gone through a couple reformats and even rebuilt my computer with a new mobo cpu and graphics card. Through all of that I my radio still doesn't work. All the other sounds work fine, but the radio is just dead silence. I'm using an Audigy card. I've also noticed that once I start GTA all music files on my computer will be completely silent. For example I have to restart if I want to listen to music in Windows Media.

Thanks

magel
  • magel

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:01 AM

Hmmm... Thats strange. I am guessing that you checked the box to install the radio stations during installation ? And that you have the latest drivers installed. Do you have any conflicts in your system ? Also what are your hardware specs ?

CaptainSpork
  • CaptainSpork

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:28 PM

My specs are:
Asus A8N-E mobo
Athlon 64 3700+
GeForce 7800 GT
Sound Blaster Audigy
2 x 512MB Corsair XMS

All of my drivers are up to date.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 17 April 2006 - 01:20 AM

Hmm it might be related to your sound card's drivers so prehaps try reinstalling them or getting the latest versions and see if that works.

Boins
  • Boins

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2006 - 10:18 AM

this same things happening to me

the problem is i've had San Andreas for ages now and it's been fine up until now, the music doesnt work, and sometimes I cant listen to music once i quit, Voices arent there in the cutscenes

I remember something similar to this happening when i first instaled it

I managed to fix it but I cannot for the life of me remember how, I think i might have re installed DirectX but seriously cannot remember
it is fixable tho, and i think its a lot mroe simple than fannying around with your sound cards

i too run a soundblaster 5.1

I'll reinstall DX when i get time, anyone else who does it bfore me, pleeeeeeease let me know how it goes

Boins
  • Boins

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 April 2006 - 10:48 AM

Fixed it

I remembered that you have to go into DXDIAG and turn off all hardware acceleration on the sounds tab... and it works
simple as

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users