Photo

need help on phnom pehn 86

20 replies to this topic
FernandoMan11
  • FernandoMan11

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 April 2006 - 02:15 AM

Can someone plz give me tips on how to pass this mission? the chopper always blows up and di always fail the mission

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 13 April 2006 - 04:10 AM

Yeah, I sucked some serious balls the first few goes I had at this mission.

For me, there's no real tips - don't spray bullets wildly; instead, try to line up the general direction of the guys you have to kill and keep shooting there (you'll have more of a chance at killing them).

Also, play the mission a few times - you'll learn the location of the guys and already have them lined up when the chopper moves from one part to the next wink.gif .

You can also try crouching - sometimes I find that everything on screen seems more steady (it doesn't move around as much).

Mostly though, just keep trying - you'll eventually get there icon14.gif .

Oh, one other thing - try and hit the exploding red barrels near the guys as that kill them (the barrels are often easier to hit then the guys).

That's about it from me - good luck wink.gif .

FernandoMan11
  • FernandoMan11

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 April 2006 - 01:05 PM

thanks

Jamming
  • Jamming

[AP] Assassins in Paradise [AP]

• Members

Posted 13 April 2006 - 01:43 PM

Shoot the barrels. The M60 Is a Fast firing weapons so if the choppers vibration keeps making you miss your shot get near the persons hight and spray bullets. That would kill them within a second. And shoot the closest people first. They may not be the easiests but they do the most damage.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 13 April 2006 - 05:55 PM

Agree with the above... but to add also shoot the few vehicles that are in the yards (I think there is 2) as it will take out people near them...

This one kicked my butt the first time through, I easily did that mission 20 times.. the hard part is getting through the flying part to me..... the west island opens after this mission-- but if it wasn't for this mission being hard (and holding me up) I would have never found the barrier glitch on the south bridge that lets you drive through it (clip in vid section) if you do it right... I was anxious to see the rest of vice city..

Vito Leone
  • Vito Leone

$$h for life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2006 - 06:03 PM

Easy mission. If you find it hard, hit the red barrels that are located near each target. Just precise aim when there are none around, and blow up the cars. should be easy. wink.gif

bitsandpieces
  • bitsandpieces

follow my lead to victory ... or be lost.

• Members

Posted 15 April 2006 - 04:12 PM

On my firt time playing VC, this was the mission i hated the most, but i then learned to...anticipate the helicopter's moves, rather than try to aim at each target. Also, once you've done the mission a few times, pay attention to the gang members that shoot at you the most, some just stand there, just shooting once in a while and others shoot at you non stop, therefore, those are the ones you want to shoot first and as above mentioned, if you are able to shoot the red barrels, it's good and also the vehicles.
When you enter the house, use auto aim and move around, don't just stand in one place. there are about 5/6 more guys inside.
Good Luck! die.gif blink.gif

sonofsonnyforelli
  • sonofsonnyforelli

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2006 - 11:13 AM

this mission is like * base da bomb : act 2 * in gta3 but a lot easier , i beat it with three times of trying , oh and blow up all the vehicles too

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:32 PM

This is an easy mission, i passed it on the first try everytime. all you do is when you get to prawn island and you see the first guys, take aim and start shooting the guys. its easy to do and throughout the whole thing, my helicopter never got below 1/2 of the damage meter lost. when you see the guys keep shooting and don't let go of the trigger-(left mouse button). you have unlimited ammo, so you don't have to worry about running out. after you shot down all the goons, lance will land the copter to let you off. when you get off, run to the house, go inside little by little taking out everyone in there, when you get to the roof and pick up the package, lance will pick you up in the copter, and take you back to diaz's mansion.-mission complete.

cooltwou
  • cooltwou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

I am playing the PS2 version on the PS3 & I can't get a good aim to hit anybody & I keep failing the mission

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (cooltwou @ Monday, Jul 22 2013, 17:04)
I am playing the PS2 version on the PS3 & I can't get a good aim to hit anybody & I keep failing the mission

I have problems with this mission too-- was one of the toughest IMO-- you really just have to keep trying and just learn how to lead the heli movements into the targets & barrels.... it's a matter of practice.

Hints-- go for the barrels if near people--- when you get to the part out back-- aim at the vehicles and barrels out there too...

When you get to the ground part-- take your time--have a good SMG and plenty of ammo-- and if you get low I believe there is a health in the middle of the turn around (in the street outside all the houses-- and body armor across the street from the film studio (a little to your south)

It might help to watch some youtube vids of the mission.

This looks like it was done on PC (mouse aiming is much easier)-- but should at least help a bit in strategy....

cooltwou
  • cooltwou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:17 PM Edited by cooltwou, 22 July 2013 - 11:30 PM.

OK but I can't see that video because it says I need some kind of plug in to play though Firefox on my tablet & I don't know what plug in I need & I did try to hit the barrells but still have a hard time hitting anybody & I still can't get past this mission

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:09 AM Edited by Spuds725, 23 July 2013 - 02:16 AM.

Just search that mission name on youtube (youtube app on your tablet) and you should find some.... this is a link to the vid if you want to try clicking it and see if it opens the youtube app....

This mission gave me fits the first time through the game-- was literally stuck on it for weeks.

Watch the video-- keep trying.

Are you playing on a backwards compatible PS3 or are you playing on the PSN download version of VC??

IF the 2nd--- see if you can copy your save file to a flash drive and upload it to here... http://gtasnp.com/home

or maybe host it elsewhere if it won't take it....

I recommend getting dropbox account if you haven't already and hosting it there if it won't upload to the SNP site.

If you can upload it someone may be willing to download your save, complete the mission and re-upload it for you....

Although I don't advocate cheats (with persistance you can pass any mission)-- you might want to try the health cheat-- although I don't know if will work in that mission--- (it does heal vehicles but not sure if will heal a vehicle you are a "passenger" in.... )

Health cheat for ps2 is--- R1 R2 L1 C L D R U L D R U

This cheat is considered a safe cheat but it will likely give you a warning message if you try to save after using it.

cooltwou
  • cooltwou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:39 AM Edited by cooltwou, 23 July 2013 - 06:56 AM.

but none of that gives me any help on aim I am not hitting anything & it is the PSN Version I still can't find a way to aim the gun good enough to take out all the guys it just shoots wildly all the time hard hits them & the cheat code didn't work either & I tried it bunch of timed & the helicopter blows up every time

cooltwou
  • cooltwou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:14 PM

still need some help with the aim

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:26 PM

Is your controller messed up?? Is the Reticule going all over or the bullets???

Can you try to copy your save to a flash drive and uploading it-- I don't know if this is copy protected or not-- can you give it a try...

I would consider purchasing VC on PSN just to be able to give a SNP option to members-- I just don't want to purchase it if it's not possible to do this.

Do you understand how Save N Play works???

THis has been done on the PC version for years...

1. You upload your save with a mission completion request.
2. Another user downloads your save and completes the mission.
3. They upload your save with the mission completed.
4, You download this save and continue the game.

More info can be found HERE

cooltwou
  • cooltwou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

my controller works just fine & I don't want to copy my game save I just want tips on how to aim the gun good enough to hit the guys shooting at me in the mission

cooltwou
  • cooltwou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

I need some help aiming the gun & so far on this post I have had no help just a talking about loading a game save & that is no help at all

cooltwou
  • cooltwou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

I finally beat using the slow motion code

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE (cooltwou @ Wednesday, Jul 24 2013, 09:00)
I need some help aiming the gun & so far on this post I have had no help just a talking about loading a game save & that is no help at all

This thread is full of hints-- my first post responding to your post included.

I linked to a video that would give you a basic strategy to follow....

I have problems with this mission too-- was one of the toughest IMO-- you really just have to keep trying and just learn how to lead the heli movements into the targets & barrels.... it's a matter of practice.

Hints-- go for the barrels if near people--- when you get to the part out back-- aim at the vehicles and barrels out there too...

When you get to the ground part-- take your time--have a good SMG and plenty of ammo-- and if you get low I believe there is a health in the middle of the turn around (in the street outside all the houses-- and body armor across the street from the film studio (a little to your south)

For me, there's no real tips - don't spray bullets wildly; instead, try to line up the general direction of the guys you have to kill and keep shooting there (you'll have more of a chance at killing them).

Also, play the mission a few times - you'll learn the location of the guys and already have them lined up when the chopper moves from one part to the next wink.gif.

You can also try crouching - sometimes I find that everything on screen seems more steady (it doesn't move around as much).

Oh, one other thing - try and hit the exploding red barrels near the guys as that kill them (the barrels are often easier to hit then the guys).

Shoot the barrels. The M60 Is a Fast firing weapons so if the choppers vibration keeps making you miss your shot get near the persons hight and spray bullets. That would kill them within a second. And shoot the closest people first. They may not be the easiests but they do the most damage.

Easy mission. If you find it hard, hit the red barrels that are located near each target. Just precise aim when there are none around, and blow up the cars. should be easy. wink.gif

On my firt time playing VC, this was the mission i hated the most, but i then learned to...anticipate the helicopter's moves, rather than try to aim at each target. Also, once you've done the mission a few times, pay attention to the gang members that shoot at you the most, some just stand there, just shooting once in a while and others shoot at you non stop, therefore, those are the ones you want to shoot first and as above mentioned, if you are able to shoot the red barrels, it's good and also the vehicles.
When you enter the house, use auto aim and move around, don't just stand in one place. there are about 5/6 more guys inside.
Good Luck! die.gif

This is an easy mission, i passed it on the first try everytime. all you do is when you get to prawn island and you see the first guys, take aim and start shooting the guys. its easy to do and throughout the whole thing, my helicopter never got below 1/2 of the damage meter lost. when you see the guys keep shooting and don't let go of the trigger-(left mouse button). you have unlimited ammo, so you don't have to worry about running out. after you shot down all the goons, lance will land the copter to let you off. when you get off, run to the house, go inside little by little taking out everyone in there, when you get to the roof and pick up the package, lance will pick you up in the copter, and take you back to diaz's mansion.-mission complete.

Lots of hints--- I gave you an alternative (save n play) since you seemed either unable or unwilling to use the advice given.

Glad you got past this (with cheats) but I'm not exactly sure what help you expected as far as help.

Spuds

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:53 PM Edited by Vic 2.0, 06 August 2013 - 04:56 PM.

Yeah, this one used to tick me off somethin' bad. Amazingly, I beat it the first time for the first time yesterday. Lots of tips and tricks to it, but it still won't be easy to do it without some sort of cheat or lots of practice.

Part of it is knowing who to shoot first. Here's my opinion on that. Shoot in this order:

1. Whoever's closest to you, even if you find yourself incidentally aiming at someone further away
2. Barrels
3. Cars/trucks/vans
4. Whoever's in your line of sight
5. Whoever you can see bullets coming from
6. Whoever's left

While shooting, as said before, learn to anticipate the helicopter's movements. You can get the feel for when it's going to bob up and down by practicing, and start shooting just below or just above your target accordingly.

Someone mentioned trying to crouch for better aim. I can't confirm that, but it's worth a try. Also, experiment with your radio. Sometimes I find I play certain missions better with a certain type of music, talk radio, or nothing at all than others. May be the same for you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users