Photo

Who's the main man in VCS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic
benny*three thumbs*manetti
  • benny*three thumbs*manetti

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:37 PM Edited by benny*three thumbs*manetti, 11 April 2006 - 11:42 PM.

In VCS im hoping for....big mitch baker.to be the main char..im guessing VCS will be before tommy got there.Anyway who's your pick

gtamaster31
  • gtamaster31

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2006 - 12:28 AM

no one knows yet BUT THEY SHOULD MAKE A NEW GTA IN A NEW CITY

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2006 - 12:43 AM

Why assume there's going to be a VCS? This is the VC forum, not the speculate about other, non-existant games forum wink.gif

CKYbassplayer69
  • CKYbassplayer69

Simulator Disengager

• Members

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:29 AM

yeah plus big mitch baker was a tool icon13.gif

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Apr 12 2006, 10:43)
Why assume there's going to be a VCS? This is the VC forum, not the speculate about other, non-existant games forum wink.gif

Correct. The game has (to my knowledge) not been announced to be VCS yet. So we carn't speculate about something that may never be. Especially in a forum that has nothing to so with it. When Rockstar releases more information on where exactly the game will take place a forum will proberly be made for it. But currenlt there is not enough information to warrent the creation of a new forum.

slipknot-disasterpieces
  • slipknot-disasterpieces

You're my sweet 666

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2006 - 02:56 AM

Yes we dont know if there WILL be VCS and big mitch baker is a Bitch mitch baker.

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:09 AM

It's been a while since I played VC but I can't see what everyone's got against Baker. He seemed like a fairly well thought out character. Had a past, was tough, opinionated and the leader of a gang.
What makes him a tool/bitch?

I wouldn't be surprised if VCS was announced for the PSP, but there have already been many topics concerning VCS and its protagonist. These were mainly in the LCS or GTA4 (back when it was called GTA:Next) forums. Most people seemed to want Phil Cassidy, Diaz, Avery or Cortez.

benny*three thumbs*manetti
  • benny*three thumbs*manetti

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:03 PM

Sorry about that but i thought it was announced for PSP my bad if im wrong...i just thought they mentioned it in a press release and the domain VCS was taken..sorry if this post has angered some of you guys i know a lot of you are vets on this board,but i was just posting somthing i thought was intresting topic.I was thinking it would be more like LCS using a char from the game like tony ciprani that was why i mentioned mitch baker...or any char from vice city.Anyway i hope you all can forgive a newbie for posting somthing you might consider stupid

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2006 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (benny*three thumbs*manetti @ Apr 13 2006, 09:03)
Sorry about that but i thought it was announced for PSP my bad if im wrong...i just thought they mentioned it in a press release and the domain VCS was taken..sorry if this post has angered some of you guys i know a lot of you are vets on this board,but i was just posting somthing i thought was intresting topic.I was thinking it would be more like LCS using a char from the game like tony ciprani that was why i mentioned mitch baker...or any char from vice city.Anyway i hope you all can forgive a newbie for posting somthing you might consider stupid

Yes but Rockstar usually do buy domains, that way they keep all bases covered. And trick us, nothing makes them happier than tricking us. tounge.gif So yes and no, it may be the game, but no it has not been offically annouced by Rockstar yet. Only by magazines, and as i can assure you, magazines are very untrustworthy.

Brad
  • Brad

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu

Posted 13 April 2006 - 09:05 AM

If it were to go through. I would think someone like Lance or probably Diaz. I wouldn't say Mitch Baker. He started his "family" so you wouldn't start from the top would you?

Lil Jay
  • Lil Jay

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 April 2006 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (benny*three thumbs*manetti @ Apr 11 2006, 23:37)
In VCS im hoping for....big mitch baker.to be the main char..im guessing VCS will be before tommy got there.Anyway who's your pick

well it would suck if the story takes place be4 tommy vercetti cuz 80s suck , it would be cool to take place in 2006 or in the 90s

GTAVC05
  • GTAVC05

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 24 April 2006 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (Lil Jay @ Apr 14 2006, 22:04)
QUOTE (benny*three thumbs*manetti @ Apr 11 2006, 23:37)
In VCS  im hoping for....big mitch baker.to be the main char..im guessing VCS will be before tommy got there.Anyway who's your pick

well it would suck if the story takes place be4 tommy vercetti cuz 80s suck , it would be cool to take place in 2006 or in the 90s

exactly. these GTA noobs forget that vice was in 1986 and be4 tommy would suk because it was the same as it was at the beginning of vice. what would be cool is if you are a new guy, work a lil for tommy, stab him in his back, n take over. it should be around the same time as LCS and u can hear the news that is going on in liberty city wit cipriani on the radio in vice city BUT... THERE MAY NOT EVEN BE A VICE CITY STORIES, but i would love for there to be 1

--Cole--
  • --Cole--

stfu n00b lol

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:53 PM

I'm thinkin VCS might be about Diaz's rise to power in the late 70's- early 80's, maybe like 1979 or 81.

ELGABORS
  • ELGABORS

Tommy Vergudo

• Members

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:20 PM

And if it was in the late 70s-early 80s it should have Kiss, queen, black sabbath.. inlove.gif that'd be nice

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 10 May 2006 - 05:00 PM

Why does it have to be a man, why not play as mercedes?

R* has done everything else, i'm not being racist, but i remember hearing a lot peole saying they were surprised when they played as a black man in San Andreas,not that the minded,but that they were surprised.

So why not a woman?

SeaNorris.
  • SeaNorris.

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 May 2006 - 05:37 PM

I'd like to see Big Mitch Baker because he is the best and meanest character after Tommy Vercetti, set around 1982 or thereabouts.

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 10 May 2006 - 06:05 PM

Lazlow.

That would be dam funny.

TenaciousD.
  • TenaciousD.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 10 May 2006 - 06:08 PM

maybe a complety new charectern not seen in any other GTA games, i always prefer it not knowing the charecter beforehand

Or just for comical value Maccer, if you stand still too lnng he starts jacking off in the street

Thunder Jolt
  • Thunder Jolt

= Sindaccos =

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:44 PM

I guess it would be good to play as Tommy Vercetti again, though I doubt that as it has already been done before and I'll bet people will find it repetitive; playing VC all over again. Maybe Ken Rosenburg? He sticks with Tommy right through until the end of Vice City, and is someone who hasn't either been killed or disappeared.

On a side-note, if there's a Liberty City Stories, a Vice City Stories, what are the odds there will be a San Andreas Stories? tounge.gif

ProXimity WarNing
  • ProXimity WarNing

It's Training Day.

• Members

Posted 10 May 2006 - 08:23 PM

The main character in VCS will be Phil Cassidy. Write it down. Book it.

-PW-

TWA
  • TWA

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 May 2006 - 08:34 PM

i'm guessing... hmm... Lance...?

Noru
  • Noru

Whats to tell?

• Members

Posted 10 May 2006 - 08:53 PM

I hope you play as someone new or tommy again. If someone new I hope you work for tommy like how you worked for Salvatore in LCS

Thunder Jolt
  • Thunder Jolt

= Sindaccos =

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 May 2006 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (TWA @ May 10 2006, 20:34)
i'm guessing... hmm... Lance...?

No that would be impossible as you have to kill Lance Vance and Sonny Forelli on the last mission of Vice City.

Spoilered text in case of it ruining the storyline for anyone (despite the fact VC has been out for years now).

jrt
  • jrt

Me Against The World

• Members

Posted 10 May 2006 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (Rob_UK @ May 10 2006, 17:00)

R* has done everything else, i'm not being racist, but i remember hearing a lot peole saying they were surprised when they played as a black man in San Andreas,not that the minded,but that they were surprised.

So why not a woman?

That couldnt even be considered racist, it'd have to be sexist (not that your post is). I dont mind what creed I play as in GTA4 but I'd prefer someone white, you can see the tattoos better.

The-end
  • The-end

It's time to go home

• Members

Posted 11 May 2006 - 06:53 AM

I would love to play as Diaz, would defantly be fun.

CarpetDweller
  • CarpetDweller

The steak is a lie

• The Connection

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:58 PM Edited by carpetdweller, 11 May 2006 - 07:15 PM.

It seems to make more sense to set it before the events of VC because setting it within a decade after will only reveal what happened after our "happy ending". If set soon after '86 Tommy will still have to have a large role. It might make his VC storyline seem less important. Tommy would have to either lose it all and start again or be one of the bosses to the new guy. From what I've heard they'd have to replace Tommy's voice actor too.
Although there really aren't any good guys in GTA and the "hero" is completely relative, there do seem to be a few small rules to who the main character is.
He (or potentially She) should be tough & independent. They should start the game with almost no influence on the city and gradually build contacts, weapons and allegiances so that they are in powerful position by the end. I also have a minor thought that they won't choose an existing character that we have already seen die.

For the sake of this argument I'm going to assume that VCS will relate to Victy City in the same way that LCS relates to GTA3. Toni appeared in GTA3 as Salvatore Leone's Capo. A highly respected member among the Leone Mafia and potentially their future leader. He'd obviously been around for a while and only really took crap from his mother. I suppose it is possible that VCS features Toni again, but I doubt it for now.

Below I've listed the various known characters from Vice City and given my reasons why I think they should or shouldn't be the next lead character in a VC prequel set around '83. Most of them are in unnecessary spoilers that can relate to any GTA game. The comment "We've seen him die" does not necessarily affect their appearance, I just think it might affect their "Hero Status".
Colonel Juan Garcia Cortez - May have some potential
Mercedes Cortez - May have some potential for a sequel.
Gonzales - We've seen him die
Pierre La Ponce - Did we kill him??
Congressman Alex Shrubb - We've caught him with his pants down.
Steve Scott - May have some potential .
Candy Suxxx - Unlikey. She appears to have found other ways to take control.
Pastor Richards - Doesn't really seem like his thing.
Phil Cassidy - Has some potential but never really amounts to high status and may have already had too many cameos.
Cam Jones - We might have seen him die
Hilary King - We've seen him die
Pedro Garcia - Phil's rival, possible but unlikely.
Avery Carrington - We've seen him die
BJ Smith - More likely still playing sports at this time.
Maude the Ice Cream Lady - Doesn't really fit the part of gun-totin' gangster
Kent Paul - Seems more talk than action.
Big Mitch Baker - May have some potential
Mr Black - Possible, I guess.
Leo Teal - We've seen him die
Umberto Robina - May have some potential , but his bravery might be a concern.
Alberto Robina - I guess it's possible.
Eugene & Moweesha - Can't really remember these, unlikely
Auntie Poulet - Seemed to prefer others to do the dirty work. Maybe much earlier.
Sonny Forelli - We've seen him die, Was likely in LC at the time.
Georgio Forelli - Has possibilitie but we know the Forellis never become that powerful in Vice City
Harry & Lee (forelli gang) - We've seen them die
Ken Rosenberg - Too physically & emotionally weak.
Tommy Vercetti - In Prison
Lance Vance - We've seen him die
Victor Vance - We've seen him die, but possible
Ricardo Diaz - We've seen him die. I don't have much respect for him.
Love Fist - Jezz Torrent, Percy, Dick, Willy - No real criminal history
Old Man Kelly - Maybe if it was set WAY before
Jethro & Dwayne - Too stoned
Mike the Goon - Doesn't really amount to much.
Psycho - Not likely, but Who knows?
Cougar - More likely to feature alongside Mitch

From those I'd say Cortez, Baker and Umberto are the front runners. That is unless they bring in someone new. Maybe Expand on the Cubans some more.

I'm not against a Vice City sequel. I just think they would have to set it much later or need to further Tommy's story.

Steffen_Michael_Rye
  • Steffen_Michael_Rye

ZSZ

• Members

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:07 PM Edited by Steffen_Michael_Rye, 11 May 2006 - 01:46 PM.

rahkstar2.gif rahkstar2.gif god sake! i dont have anything against them makein another gta based in Vice City but, if the main charŽis baker or Diaz, then it will suck. I hope its a continue to Tommy`s story. It would also be cool if you could be workin for tommy as a new guy.

Pluszz i think they should make a new gta in a new city to!

Rockstar is goin so well. The chances of this vcs game being a succes will be very low
if it is based on the wrong person! rah.gif

PS: I have a weird habbit that everytime a new gta comes out and i know not one single detail about, i get to anxious that i cant play any game at all until i find out about the new GTA!

I LOVE GTA! IT RULZ rahkstar2.gif barf8bd.gif

Swish
  • Swish

Don't make me open an can of "WHOOP ASS"!

• Members

Posted 11 May 2006 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (Steffen_Michael_Rye @ May 11 2006, 13:07)
I hope its a continue to Tommy`s story. It would also be cool if you could be workin for tommy as a new guy.

That would be so cool..!

Black7
  • Black7

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 May 2006 - 04:49 PM

If they style it like LCS, then it will take place before VC, probably around 82-83. This is around the time of the big Cuban influx and sets up 70-80% of the VC background while still being in the post-disco 80's.

Umberto or Mitch Baker are the two I see as the most likely stars, but Lance's brother is also a real possibility. Phil is a strong character but doesn't seem interested in running anything, but 3 years before, he may have been involved in alot more.

Umberto would fit well with a cuban storyline and also fits the mold they set with Tony. Except instead of being a momma's boy, he's his dad's stooge. Diaz probably took his power from the Cubans when he came to town.

Lance's Brother is an entirely open story since we know so little about him and Lance makes several referances to him being just like Tommy. Plus they could let you smack around Lance again as your subordinate.

I don't really see Cortez as the "hands-on" type they will want to use as a GTA lead character and Avery is still too old even in VC to be the main guy.

I also don't think they'll do it post-VC, because game 3 for the PSP will likely be SA Stories and if they stick to the 3 years before mold, SA Stories will fill in all those blanks between VC and SA. Most likely star of SA Stories, in my opinion, would be Caesar or Sweet and the basic stories of what happened to CJ's little brother and Caesars gang prior to SA.

Then the final GTA III timeline would look like this:

VCS - 1982-83
VC - 1986 (As far as I know, VC is the only game that sets a specific year when they start the game).
SAS - 1989-90
SA - 1992-3
LCS -1998-99
GTA3 -2001-2

This also leaves room for them to do a 4th GTA Stories in the 95-96 time frame, maybe tie GTA3 to GTA4 with this and set up the next gen PSP2 GTA4 stories. I don't doubt that they'll stick with a 1 per year release schedule. If they wait 2 years to do SA Stories they might be coming out at the tail end of the PSP's life cycle and kill their own sales as a result. I know Sony knows they need a steady flow of GTA Stories to keep PSP alive until it's installed user base breaks the 10-15million mark. Right now it's roughly 5mill. With a strong line-up of new PSP games this fall that could easily break 10mill this year. Especially with the PS3 costing 5-600 bucks and no other new GTA's until late next year. PSP is slowly but steadily building it's user base and another price drop on the horizon bodes well for bigger sales going into the fall.

Kuiosikle
  • Kuiosikle

Who?

• Members

Posted 12 May 2006 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE (Rob_UK @ May 10 2006, 12:00)

Would be interesting, and I think they might do it first handheld rather then consle. However, as with her age a prequel wouldn't really work, and as carpetdweller said a sequel isn't that likely.

Might be a cameo though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users