• Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:45 PM

@Timske, the stuff you see is indeed older, because the focus is on the SA version now, so I posted some pics to get the feeling back (and the MS IV feeling away lol) Most of the screen were taken today though.

@mati1501, Whatever the story is, is up to you, maybe TimB has some wishes. I do have a cool idea for the first mission: You start on the Alcatraz island, you just broke out of the prison with some bunch of other guys and there is police, fbi and security guards all over the place. You have to escape from the island by boat and drive to one of the islands, go to a safehouse, change clothes, get a gun, meet some people etc. That's what I thought of so far. tounge.gif
There is no demo version, I give you everything that I have, which may not be as much as you think. Much stuff has gone through the years since people left the team and all those files are propably gone by now. The things you see on the screens i've posted is all there ofcourse.

@BaDpalyingD8, IV modding is not so interested at this moment. Ofcourese, Buildings, objects and such look very cool in rage but there isn't much to edit, no car\ped paths, no mission script or any activity whatsoever.

@lolleroz, sounds interesting, I really have to play my own mod sometime. tounge.gif

BaDpalyingD8
  • BaDpalyingD8

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Feb 25 2011, 23:45)
@Timske, the stuff you see is indeed older, because the focus is on the SA version now, so I posted some pics to get the feeling back (and the MS IV feeling away lol) Most of the screen were taken today though.

@mati1501, Whatever the story is, is up to you, maybe TimB has some wishes. I do have a cool idea for the first mission: You start on the Alcatraz island, you just broke out of the prison with some bunch of other guys and there is police, fbi and security guards all over the place. You have to escape from the island by boat and drive to one of the islands, go to a safehouse, change clothes, get a gun, meet some people etc. That's what I thought of so far. tounge.gif
There is no demo version, I give you everything that I have, which may not be as much as you think. Much stuff has gone through the years since people left the team and all those files are propably gone by now. The things you see on the screens i've posted is all there ofcourse.

@BaDpalyingD8, IV modding is not so interested at this moment. Ofcourese, Buildings, objects and such look very cool in rage but there isn't much to edit, no car\ped paths, no mission script or any activity whatsoever.

@lolleroz, sounds interesting, I really have to play my own mod sometime. tounge.gif

dude there's new col support no limits don't say iv has less limit.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

They might kill me, but they won't scare me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:08 AM

Yea, if I'll find a link i'll pass it on PM, I remember i got it from some old gaming magazine.

Btw, Mati is a scripter or mission designer? You know, there's a difference. I'm just curious.

k9underdogg
  • k9underdogg

savin the whole drug thing for college

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:12 AM Edited by k9underdogg, 26 February 2011 - 01:06 AM.

Well, it's not like they abandoned the GTA IV project, at all, on the contrary, you can see the effort they are gonna put to make it as perfect as they can smile.gif
@lolleroz: He usually writes a background story for the characters and designs and makes missions with DYOM, I think

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:34 AM Edited by mati1501, 26 February 2011 - 09:33 AM.

I'm a mission designer. My missions are often reviewed as very good so you can trust me. Check ''Survival Of The Fittest'' in my sig out. I can give the player a safehouse, although the player can save anywhere in V6.1. It isn't really possible to change clothes though.
I have some questions: Have you also deleted the interiors in purpose of the map?
Oh and what year is Mafia Stories set in?
Will you PM me the files you have? I'd also would appreciate installation instructions smile.gif

BaDpalyingD8
  • BaDpalyingD8

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:23 AM

i don't think useless for us gta iv users no one like's in game scripting.but i like it but make real damn script.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]

Posted 26 February 2011 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (mati1501 @ Feb 26 2011, 07:34)
I'm a mission designer. My missions are often reviewed as very good so you can trust me. Check ''Survival Of The Fittest'' in my sig out. I can give the player a safehouse, although the player can save anywhere in V6.1. It isn't really possible to change clothes though.
I have some questions: Have you also deleted the interiors in purpose of the map?
Oh and what year is Mafia Stories set in?
Will you PM me the files you have? I'd also would appreciate installation instructions smile.gif

I will play ''Survival Of The Fittest'' tonight or tomorrow!
Do you have MSN?, it will talk a lot easier and i can send updates often.
I still have to put some things ingame before i can get the package ready.
Installation instructions are very simple, San Andreas with zero mods, unrar package into the SA folder and then ofcourse standard DYOM and CLEO installation. I will still make a readme so don't worry.

You don't have to stick to my mission idea, you can just do your own thing if you want.

To be honest there aren't any interiors, nobody never had the interest to make them. The San Andreas map is deleted ofcourse.
There are some buildings you can just walk into, they don't have that yellow marker thing, it's pretty useless I think.

What year, hmm, never really thought of it, you can choose the year if you want, i would say 2000-2011, but I don't care much.

About the player, is it always CJ, with blue trousers and a white t-shirt?? Because if so, I can just change the whole player model, so DYOM may think it's CJ, but it's actually a mob guy.

Savehouses are always cool, I think if you play the mod you should avoid the DYOM menu is much as possible, it takes a bit of the whole storyline feeling away.

Maybe I sound like I don't know much about my own mod, or the genre 'mafia'. It's because I didn't start the mod, TimB came with the idea and I just joined him right away, didn't really care about the story, year, setting etc.

BaDpalyingD8, I am not sure what you are referring to? what's uesless for gta 4 users? no one likes ingame scripting?, but you do? and i need to make real script??

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:03 PM Edited by mati1501, 26 February 2011 - 03:13 PM.

So I can think of the setting myself? You can replace CJ with a mob guy. Maybe make a whole player model. The best would be an Italian guy icon14.gif . If you want to play a more mafia themed story, be sure to check out The Don and His Gun. It doesn't use the storyline feature.

About your mission idea, it sure would work out very well BUT if I make it the intro mission in Alcatraz, the player would always start at the prison after loading the game. The introduction will be rather simple so the player always starts at the safehouse.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]

Posted 26 February 2011 - 03:59 PM

Ok, so maybe the second mission, you have to go to alctraz to break one of your mafia gang member(s) out.
I'm sure you come up with something. smile.gif

I just watched the trailer of The Don and His Gun, it looks terrific. colgate.gif I see you use lots of interiors, too bad there aren't any real interiors in MS SA. It's not only outdoor though. There are some indoor things like parking lots, lynx city has some open buildings. I still have to put a lot of lynx city ingame so you cannot use it at this moment, those 3 islands are available, 1

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 04:12 PM

I already have a great mafia themed story idea. And yes, Alcatraz will have an important role.
The first chapter will have 20 missions.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:37 PM

20 happy.gif Damn, that's many.
I forgot to say, (I hope you don't get disappointed), almost every SA map object is deleted. It's technical not possible to leave every object in the game since we have our own map. You can place some generics objects, like tress, plants, lampposts, benches, barriers etc. So, if you place a object with DYOM that's deleted, the game will crash, so my suggestion is you save before you want to place a object.

If it's a problem let me know, if you really need a specific object I can add it to the game again.
Do you have MSN, it really talks easier and i can send updates quickly.

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Feb 26 2011, 17:37)
20 happy.gif Damn, that's many.
I forgot to say, (I hope you don't get disappointed), almost every SA map object is deleted. It's technical not possible to leave every object in the game since we have our own map. You can place some generics objects, like tress, plants, lampposts, benches, barriers etc. So, if you place a object with DYOM that's deleted, the game will crash, so my suggestion is you save before you want to place a object.

If it's a problem let me know, if you really need a specific object I can add it to the game again.
Do you have MSN, it really talks easier and i can send updates quickly.

I encountered many TCs with many deleted objects but I can live with that.
BTW when can I start with the missions? Are there still many things to do?
I only have a Polish and a German messenger. If it's necessary, I can get MSN too.

6FEARS7
  • 6FEARS7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:40 PM

I started with a trainstation and decided to make an interior along with it. It's obviously not done yet.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

orly.gif

k9underdogg
  • k9underdogg

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:57 PM

meh, it's not my call but I think it looks kinda old for a game set in the 2000s sarcasm.gif

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:02 AM

Ingame test of the trainstation, still in early stage.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

BaDpalyingD8
  • BaDpalyingD8

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (Blaster_nl @ Feb 27 2011, 03:02)
Ingame test of the trainstation, still in early stage.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Looks cool but needs more HD and realistic textures.

WizzyThaMan
  • WizzyThaMan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:43 PM

Well, let me quickly introduce myself and show you what im currently working on:

Well, so I'm WizzyThaMan, known Tim and Blaster for a long time (since the beginning of the mod) but because of school/college and other life stuff, I left the team for quite some time.
Now im back, and here to help the good ol' fellas with their mod and hope to get the release date just a bit quicker as it was planned.

Here is two screenshots of buildings im working on, the first is a house, the other is a factory, note that both are still not finished yet and require some more details.

user posted image

user posted image

TimB
  • TimB

GTA Mafia Stories

• Members

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:05 PM

hey welcome back biggrin.gif . It looks like since MS is in progress to be settled in GTA IV, more and more old crew members want to be active again smile.gif . I can tell you there has been a lot of progress been done allready. Right now I am also working on an island, but it haven't been working out very good. So still some changes must be done smile.gif

The models are looking great smile.gif , kutgw.

greetz

6FEARS7
  • 6FEARS7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:13 PM

user posted image

lol cryani.gif

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Unfortunate piece of meat

• Feroci
  • Croatia

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:41 PM

Yep i do have to agree, textures on interior walls should be more HD. Its like a plain Tile Wall. You Should add a more detailed wall texture.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]

Posted 08 March 2011 - 08:00 PM Edited by Blaster_nl, 08 March 2011 - 08:06 PM.

k9underdogg
  • k9underdogg

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:09 PM Edited by k9underdogg, 08 March 2011 - 09:18 PM.

OMG I just had an orgasm tounge2.gif kidding but that was fantastic!!! those Donxello idiots came to the wrong neighbourhood cool.gif
The characters wave their hands too much I guess it's because they are Italian
You can tell that Mati got inspired by the game Mafia. Also, he made the woman buy him a shirt in exchange for protection? that mafia rocks!
2 questions: CJ will be replaced by another guy, right? And the train will be the same or an electric elevated train like the one in Liberty City (just curious)? The city looks as good as expected monocle.gif wonderful

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2011 - 09:58 PM

Yes this looks great. But I have two questions.
The one guy in the vid mentioned Liberty City. Does MS take place in the III era or the IV era? (Hopefully IV)
Whats the name of the city that MS takes place in.

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (k9underdogg @ Mar 8 2011, 21:09)
You can tell that Mati got inspired by the game Mafia.

f*ck, you got me biggrin.gif
I was inspired by a few games and movies.

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:40 AM

The video is SUPER AMAZING! wow.gif icon14.gif

TimB
  • TimB

GTA Mafia Stories

• Members

Posted 09 March 2011 - 06:27 PM

haha yeah the story is great. But It's a shame that I left many bugs in this city i made named: Cittá di Corruzione. IV CDC looks better. But Its too much detail for SA. This was the first CDC we made. We decided to continue with this, so there could be a release.

greetz

Timske
  • Timske

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:53 PM

Nice interior.. But it is so boring.. Eveything stands boring in the middle =,=

elMarcoPL
  • elMarcoPL

Tronco

• Members

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:02 PM Edited by xXaerooff2Xx, 17 March 2011 - 05:11 PM.

where can i download version fo sa ?

and why ya using dyom/ it for noobs.
ral modders use .scm code

k9underdogg
  • k9underdogg

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:36 PM Edited by k9underdogg, 18 March 2011 - 01:27 AM.

QUOTE (xXaerooff2Xx @ Mar 17 2011, 17:02)

It hasn't been released yet, patience my friend.
tounge2.gif

and why ya using dyom/ it for noobs.

well, I think it makes creating cutscenes a lot easier and they are important in the story here sigh.gif
>oh sh*t, they are playing My Chemichal Romance on the radio and I can't think what I write<
so mainly because of that I guess. I prefer Cleo myself, though, I find it easier cause I suck at DYOM, and cause Cleo is easier to install. But DYOM is now considered a major improvement in mission creating monocle.gif many people know how to use it really good. Mati1501 has done really cool stuff with it. And it's better to use the method that you have more experience with, why bother trying a different one to get the same result? wink.gif
sh*t, long post

Oh, and since the thread got bumped, guys working on the mod, check this out: San Andreas Own Radio Station mod. It's a mod that lets you replace the games radios with real live ones from Streams on the Internet!!! cool.gif It's amazing, I think it would really fit with a total conversion like Mafia Stories.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:15 PM

why ya using dyom/ it for noobs.

I think your wrong. The only downside that DYOM has is the fact that you need both DYOM itself and CLEO to play the missions. Except that little issue I see no point in scripting missions with SCM. There are few people that can actually make complicated missions with SCM, besides making them you need to tell a story thoughout the mission(s).

I think it's safe to say that there is no scm coder out there, that can make missions with SCM that are better then mati1501's missions made with DYOM, in terms of story telling, characters and cut scenes.

See the end of the video.

The one guy in the vid mentioned Liberty City. Does MS take place in the III era or the IV era? (Hopefully IV)
Whats the name of the city that MS takes place in.

The city name is Cittá di Corruzione. About the year you have to ask mati1501.

2 questions: CJ will be replaced by another guy, right? And the train will be the same or an electric elevated train like the one in Liberty City (just curious)?

I'm still figuring out how to replace CJ, it as not as easy as it sounds, since you cannot change the outfit in DYOM. Mati and I are looking for a good charachter on gta sites. The train will be made when the whole map is done, and yes it will be a electric elevated train.

Oh, and since the thread got bumped, guys working on the mod, check this out: San Andreas Own Radio Station mod. It's a mod that lets you replace the games radios with real live ones from Streams on the Internet!!!   It's amazing, I think it would really fit with a total conversion like Mafia Stories.

I'm not sure, I tink the radio stations are fine as it is.

New video, it gives you a little tour throughout the city, there's also a little surprise at the end.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users