• Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition][Contribution]

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (k9underdogg @ Feb 6 2011, 02:30)
Is the city located in the US? And in what year does the game take place? Also, the layout of the map kinda looks like Chicago in Midtown Madness 1, so cool smile.gif

I would say US and Tim would probably say Italy tounge.gif Tim started the mod so i guess it will be Italy tounge2.gif
It may sound weird that we don't know the location but we have nothing like signs, billboards, story or something yet
Midtown Madness, damn must be over 10 years since I last played it

Tim is working on the countryside around the 2 islands and I'm working on the other island, some renders:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Underground parking lot sigh.gif
user posted image

k9underdogg
  • k9underdogg

savin the whole drug thing for college

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:10 PM Edited by k9underdogg, 22 February 2011 - 05:40 PM.

Wow, it's looking great!! cool.gif the city looks quite different to what we are used to in Grand Theft Auto, and it's quite big. You can tell from the old screens that it's gonna look amazing at night, real film noir style lol.gif
user posted image
If in the end it's in Italy, at least many european cars made for San Andreas like Peugeots or Fiats will now fit the game better than the original and we'll have a reason to download them. And Italian police cars are so tight biggrin.gif Although I'd personally prefer it to be in the US, it's cool to have a game set somewhere outside America for a change. Either way, the mod will be an instant classic.
It may sound weird that we don't know the location but we have nothing like signs, billboards, story or something yet
Don't worry, it certainly looks like you are taking the right path wink.gif

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:16 AM

Train tracks, still without stations, hopefully I have some ingame screens tomorrow + riding train.

user posted image

Sort of a official logo:

user posted image

k9underdogg
  • k9underdogg

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:11 AM

Yes!!!! Updates biggrin.gif One question, are you guys still planning on releasing this for San Andreas? Or only for GTA IV?

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:30 AM

The last screen is a beautiful even in 3Ds MAX.

Mati
  • Mati

f*ck the planet till it spins on a broken axis

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:45 PM

Great update. What's the map progress in % of the SA version of the mod?

Blade3562
  • Blade3562

Resident Mopar Nut

• Members

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:22 PM

Very cool, but can I suggest less structured, you havea very grid styled layout, most roads follow the hills and valleys not cut through them. Still cool either way!

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:10 AM

@k9underdogg, thanks for your response, If there is still interest in a SA version, TimB and me will discuss it and we will decide if we do both games, it's hard to work on both because of the different engines and the gameplay elements.

@Mr. Myriad, thanks! smile.gif

@mati1501, a bit further then the IV version, I still don't know if there is ever gonna be a SA version. Were you the guy who wanted to make DYOM missons?, you are still interested?

@Blade3562, On our new island (screenshots few post above) we have a less structured layout in the roads. Unfortunatly, this part of the city stays as it is.

So i finally got the train track ingame with working trains. biggrin.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:19 AM

Nice work with the trains. Will this mod be compatible with EFLC?

BaDpalyingD8
  • BaDpalyingD8

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 02:51 AM

Wow This mod is the bomb.

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:07 AM

Yeah, I am still interested with doing the missions. I think you should release the mod for both IV and SA. Many fans are waiting for the SA version.

Mr. Myriad
  • Mr. Myriad

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:49 AM

WOW the screens are very very and very cool. I'm old fan of this mod, I remember too that time when Mafia Stories was creating on GTA San Andreas. Guys, who create this MEGA-mod if you will do the script please do it in NOIR style. I hope Mafia Stories will blow the expecting of fans, including me. icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif

TimB
  • TimB

GTA Mafia Stories

• Members

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:58 PM Edited by TimB, 24 February 2011 - 11:15 PM.

Yeah thank you very much smile.gif . Mafia Stories indeed have become a classic. It has a truely lifecycle ahead. Unforunatly time is running very slowly. We are happy we have 2 (or 3) more modellers joining the team. The Island which will lie between Citá di Corruzione and La Fuga al Sole will be unlike any of island. It will become a Island of hills, where the roads are not just piercing towards it in a grid structure.

Right now the island contains a lot of buildings, but is not in the right progress to release a render. I will manage that render as soon as possible.

greetz

Mark01
  • Mark01

It's nice to be nice but I wouldn't lie to be nice.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:32 PM

I think you should focus on working and keeping the mod on the Rage engine because it looks way better than previous SA screens maybe there's less possibilities in IV for now but I'm sure the tools will come along, otherwise there's something I like about your mod is when you see one screen of it you can immediately tell this is Mafia stories, the city style is unique and still looks like a city of the 30' era and this is a good point, keep up the good work.

k9underdogg
  • k9underdogg

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:48 PM Edited by k9underdogg, 24 February 2011 - 07:03 PM.

I completely disagree with this guy sarcasm.gif I think the mod should be done for San Andreas first. It doesn't look bad at all, and there are loads of mods to improve the graphics of San Andreas. Also, I think there's a lot of modders out there who off course have more experience modding San Andreas than IV and would like to have the mod in San Andreas to make their own missions and stuff. Especially since there aren't any custom city mods for San Andreas yet. And GTA IV's requirements are still too high, many of us will have problems running it with mods and stuff.

TimB
  • TimB

GTA Mafia Stories

• Members

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:31 PM

Hey, The problem is that we still need to improve the graphicmods voor GTA SA. The problem we are facing is that the models have such a high quality, that the beauty will end up in quality bugs, and oversampled textures. Making a lowpoly LOD will be too much work. I also agree with mark01.

By the way i have been busy with an island which will be settled between the island of citta di corruzione, and the island of la fuga al solé. As said in my previous post, this island will be unlike the others. I believe that such an island have never been created before a total conversion mod. I still need to think about what feeling the player will actually experience when he is moving through the streets of this island.

Below are some concepts of the island. Soon I will be busy with the rest of the streets, including the island itself

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

greetz

TigerTanker
  • TigerTanker

Gangsta

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 24 February 2011 - 11:44 PM

Oh my gosh! A mod which I loved so much is back. It's good to hear from you guys. So you moved to IV now, right? Does it mean that you're going to abandon the SA project and work on this only? Even if so, good luck, I'll surely download it once it's released smile.gif

Keep up the good work, folks cookie.gif cookie.gif

BaDpalyingD8
  • BaDpalyingD8

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:02 AM

sweet make some save house's and interiors.

junox
  • junox

watch out for gimps

• Members

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (TimB @ Feb 24 2011, 23:31)

user posted image

greetz

its nice to see this mod is still on the go folks , try and sort out your modelling though, street's look to thin with very thin pavements, you have doorways way above the pavement and stairs would reach into the roads- maybe plan the doorways better or give more space ... Textures you have used the cobble texture in many places .....

nice 1 though keep up the modding

TimB
  • TimB

GTA Mafia Stories

• Members

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:30 PM

textures will be changed. I agree with you. The pavement is about 2 meters (6 ft wide). Although it is very difficuld to change something in the roadprofile. The only thing i could do without any trouble is making the road more narrow. The measurements are realistic. If I narrow the road, It will be 5 meters wide (15 ft) which I still a accepted size in real life. In GTA it will appear diffrend as if 1 coord in 3ds max is not equal to 1 meter (3 ft). I could make the road like one way traffic.

greetz

k9underdogg
  • k9underdogg

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:49 PM Edited by k9underdogg, 25 February 2011 - 05:01 PM.

Well, I guess if it's getting so hard to add the new high quality models to the San Andreas version and making them look good, you could leave what you had done so far for San Andreas (like what we could see in the trailer you made), and release it, to close that stage of the project. And then just keep working on the GTA IV version, which we know that it will obviously be the best in the end and will have the complete map with new places. I think that since you had made so much stuff for the San Andreas version (like the city, paths and some custom cars) it already looked like a near finished game. And it didn't look so outdated.
And that way the mod will be available on Vice City, San Andreas and finally GTA IV, and we have something to have fun with while we wait for the release of the GTA IV version sigh.gif . And each version will feel unique monocle.gif .

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:24 PM Edited by Blaster_nl, 20 March 2011 - 09:46 PM.

Tim and I came to the conclusion that we will release a San Andreas version. Unfortunately in this state of the mod we cannot release it, it are all different parts that need to be connected.

I still have to do many things:
- Connect every island with bridges, roads and trains.
- Make car and ped paths on every island.
- One island is only half full so I have to erase the other half somehow because we have nobody to build something on it.
After i've done that I can give the whole package to mati1501 so he can make a storyline + missions.
Then I still have to fix a lot of bugs, like invincible walls, some buildings are brighter then others, open spaces in maps etc.
I hope this will all be done somewhere between april and june.

Some screenshots of the map:
user posted image

Lynx City from Monitor57 , it's really small so I think I rename it to Lynx District or something.
user posted image

TimB's island
user posted image

Alcatraz
user posted image

Crowning Hills, just a country side so it's really empty, there will be some race missions with DYOM I guess since it's perfectly made for that (is it possible to make race missions with DYOM?)
user posted image

Some random ingame screens, note that some of them are made with ENB series on.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

To be clear:
The only thing that MS-IV and MS-SA have in common is the name. MS-IV will be much much much better quality then the SA version.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:26 PM Edited by Blaster_nl, 25 February 2011 - 07:44 PM.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

EDIT:

@k9underdogg

It's actually easier to add models to SA then IV, the col has even the same limits. That was not really the point, the point is that I think SA is too old, the engine is weak, physics are lame and so on...But since there is still inetrest in a SA version I will finish it and after that I move on to the IV version.
About the trailer, the map you see is still there but all the action you see is 'gone'. Our scripter left the team long ago and I never got the mission script, I even forgot who made it. Maybe it looked liked a finished game because of the screenshots or the editing of the trailer, but it's still very uncomplete.
There was a MS VC public release? I don't even remember it, how bad was it? tounge2.gif

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:03 PM

Maybe the SA version will have worse quality but the SA players won't really care. The city looks amazing in both versions.
About the race missions, I'd say 50%. You can place checkpoints and add timers but it will be difficult to make the opponent routes. It could work.

k9underdogg
  • k9underdogg

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:09 PM Edited by k9underdogg, 25 February 2011 - 10:35 PM.

OMG OMG OMG OMG THIS IS TOO AWESOME!!!! lol.gif this mod is epic
Have a pizza and a coke
user posted image user posted image (giving cookies is getting kinda old)

There was a version for Vice City that's still in Gtagarage here tounge.gif it already had the name "Crowning Hills" for the countryside. It didn't have paths or missions and I've no idea who the main character was.

If Mati1501 makes the main storyline, I trust it will be great biggrin.gif And I guess we'll be seeing "Episodes from Citá di Corruzione" or "Lynx District Wars" too some day wink.gif

EDIT:
(in the trailer) Maybe it looked liked a finished game because of the screenshots or the editing of the trailer, but it's still very uncomplete.

Well, that's nothing to be ashamed of, many great games' trailers were like that. For example when Star Wars Rogue Squadron was presented in the E3 in 1998, the "game" they showed was just a fixed 3D animation and the guy showing it was just pretending he was playing it tounge.gif but it looked like it was a real game. But in the end it became one of the greatest games ever.

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Netherlands
  • Helpfulness Award
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:33 PM

26184 Downloads mercie_blink.gif Damn...
#5 most downloaded total conversion mod, pretty cool. tounge.gif
I seriously doubt it was any good... tounge.gif

mati1501, I have some good news (maybe), i got DYOM v6.1 to work with MS SA, and since 3 of the 5 islands are already in place you can start if you want, I just have to do a couple of things to get it ready. The islands are not connected yet, so you have to be creative with boats, helicopters, planes, etc. tounge.gif There is a train but it still needs a station on the other island.

@k9underdogg, thanks. smile.gif I think Crowning Hills is actually the same as it is know. tounge.gif

Timske
  • Timske

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:58 PM

Those screens are older, i know them. Is that possible? tounge.gif

Mati
  • Mati

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:02 PM

That does sound great! So, will you release a small demo version so I can start with the missions?
Do you want a typical mafia story?

BaDpalyingD8
  • BaDpalyingD8

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:04 PM

screw gta sa please focus more on gta iv.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

They might kill me, but they won't scare me.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (BaDpalyingD8 @ Feb 25 2011, 23:04)
screw gta sa please focus more on gta iv.

How about screw you, focus on exiting the topic?

And yeah there was VC version, and I loved it lol. The city was z0mg epicly small, I remember there was small docks area, car dealership, and 3-4 buildings. All that on small island. Tommy had the Malibu bodyguard skin, few cars were modded, the weapons were from Commando Funebrero. There was like 3 or 4 missions, epicly hard shootouts with enemies having giant amount of HP and 'gangsters' swarming everywhere. I still loved it, tho.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users