Leader of Ballas

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic
CIX Pac
  • CIX Pac

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:17 AM

i waz wonderin', i kno' the leader of grove st. iz Sweet, but who's the leader of ballas?

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (CIX Pac @ Apr 11 2006, 00:17)
i waz wonderin', i kno' the leader of grove st. iz Sweet, but who's the leader of ballas?

There isn't one. There ain't a whole lot of details on the backstory for these things; it is just a game after all. tounge2.gif Anyhow, the closest you come to a leader is Kane, who you must kill during the Los Sepulcros mission. He is described in that mission as "Front Yard Royalty" meaning that he is a high-ranking member of the Front Yard Ballas. I can remember no other mention of any other leaders for the other Balla divisions or the Ballas as a whole. Of course, given how the game ends, you could also claim that Smoke and/or Tenpenny has enough control over the Ballas to be called their leader.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Ghost

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:31 AM

For that matter, the Vagos have no visible leader in the game either.

Cesar heads the Varrios Los Aztecas, T-Bone Mendez leads the San Fierro Rifa, Ran Fa Li is in charge of the Triad group in San Fierro (along with Woozie) and Salvatore Leone is the game's Mafia figurehead. But you never see a "leader" per se of the Ballas or Vagos, nor of the Da Nang Boys.

No Escape?
  • No Escape?

Skaficionado

• Members

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:38 AM

To be fair, The Da Nang Boys had Snakehead, the old guy you duel on the cargo ship.

Yeah, I'd have to say Kane is the closest you can get to a Ballas leader.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Ghost

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2006 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (No Escape? @ Apr 11 2006, 00:38)
To be fair, The Da Nang Boys had Snakehead, the old guy you duel on the cargo ship.

Yeah, I'd have to say Kane is the closest you can get to a Ballas leader.

True, didn't really take Snakehead into account, but it's not very clear if he is in fact THE leader of the Da Nang Boys or just a higher-up in the same sense that Kane is to the Ballas.

Snares
  • Snares

Oi!

• Members

Posted 11 April 2006 - 10:36 AM

To be honest, I don't think Grove Street have any leader in particular, like most Westcoast street gangs, there's just a group of seniors called OGs who together run the gang. Sweet is just the most respected of the OGs I think, or the one with the brains (if you can call it that tounge.gif) It's very likely the Ballas have no overral leader, but have Set Kings, IE. Kane of the Rollin' Heights. I think Rockstar didn't do enough with the Vagos, every other gang is explored in quite good detail, but they aren't.

mark-2007
  • mark-2007

Big Homie

• The Connection

Posted 11 April 2006 - 03:02 PM

You're all forgetting Big Poppa (correct name?) who takes over Madd Dogg's mansion and you chase him out in your return to Los Santos (A Home In The Hills mission). He is dressed in Vagos colours and has plenty of bodyguards, he must be oretty well-respected.

Snares
  • Snares

Oi!

• Members

Posted 11 April 2006 - 03:04 PM

It's made clear though that he is a drug dealer. I'm sure if he was the leader, it would've been made known.

CIX Pac
  • CIX Pac

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:41 PM

thanks 4 the replys! so Kane "Front yard Royalty" cool....

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Ghost

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Snares @ Apr 11 2006, 11:04)
It's made clear though that he is a drug dealer. I'm sure if he was the leader, it would've been made known.

It might be safe to say Big Poppa is a highly influential figure within the Vagos, but nothing is ever said about him being the gang's leader.

Sean "Sweet" Johnson is variously described as the leader of the Grove Street Families, including in the manual and in the character bios on GTANet, though as the Families gang is splintered into three sets at the start of the gang he is hardly the leader of the entire Families. No leader is ever given for the breakaway Family sets, Temple Drive and Seville Boulevard.

Kane49
  • Kane49

The Original Balla OG / a.k.a. ~iiCriminnaaL

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Kane49, 4 weeks ago.

11 years, but lol never mind :p

Although answer was already posted, but I'd like to make things clear for people who still didn't get it.

Kane was the boss of the Front Yard, which is the main set of the Ballas (just like Sweet, leads the Grove Street, which is the main set of the Families, while leaders of the other sets of both of the gangs are unknown). Kane is actually that Balla OG who wore a white t-shirt and a cap in The Introduction, those three members weren't normal members nor BETA models as some people thought, they were Balla OGs, high-ranking members, just like Sweet, CJ, Smoke, Ryder, Big Bear and B Dup, but their models were cut (those Balla OGs I mean). B Dup, Smoke and Ryder have already betrayed the Families as everybody knows, and Big Bear... maybe we can say he took a brake or something like that.

Off-topic, let's talk about other gang leaders.

The leader of the Grove Street Families is Sweet as well, and CJ is the co-leader, but the leaders of the Seville Boulevard and Temple Drive Families are unknown. Yeah, Emmet would be a Seville boy, but he's mostly not the leader, otherwise, his relationship with CJ and Smoke would be so bad and they wouldn't go to him due to the bad relationships between the GSF and SBLVD Families at that time, as well as he was so kind towards Smoke and CJ during Nine's & AK's, not to mention that he allowed Ryder to take an AK-47 from his little shop when Ryder needed it to use it against the cops during Reuniting The Families.

Big Poppa seems to be the leader of the Vagos, due to the fact he got sh*tload of Vagos guarding him, not to mention that why did he take Madd Dogg's mansion but not any other member?

Leaders of both of the Aztecas and Rifa are already known as well, Vialpando and Mendez.

Italian Mafia includes three known families, which are the Leones, Sindaccos and Forellis. Salvatore was the don of the Leones, Marco Forelli was the don of the Forellis, till Carl killed him during Saint Mark's Bistro, about the Sindaccos' don, I'm not sure, but I guess it's Johnny Sindacco's father, who appeared during The Introduction, and likely (I don't know if I was mistaken or no, but I guess it's correct) that has name was Tony Sindacco, not sure though. Johnny was the underboss.

The boss of the Russian Mafia isn't so clear, but it's mostly the one who CJ killed during Gray Imports. His model seems like a Russian dealer, it was a stupid step from R*, they planned to give him a Mafia boss model, but they changed their mind later, that's so weird why they didn't do that. You can see 'maffa' and 'maffb' models in Just Business and End Of The Line (only maffa during EoTL), but not 'mafboss', because 'mafboss' was supposed to be used for the Russian Mafia's man during Gray Imports (it was fixed in TTDISA mod), and according to game files, his name would be Andre. (not sure though if he's the boss/don, but it's mostly yeah.)

The leader of the Da Nang Boys was mostly the Snakehead, who was killed by CJ during The Da Nang Thang. He doesn't have a unique model, just like Big Poppa and Kane(after R* cut his model). (all of those mentioned actors have unique models in TTDISA mod, and Kane has his original model from The Introduction, as well as the two other Balla OGs.)

The bosses of the SF Triads were Wu Zi Mu (Mountain Cloud Boys set) and Ran Fa Li (Red Gecko Tong set). There was a third set named Feather Triads, but it was defeated by the Da Nang Boys, its leader is unknown.

About the Loco Syndicate, it isn't really a gang, but it's a crime organization. It's led by Mike Toreno, and T-Bone Mendez was his right-hand man, Jizzy was a partner of them in the third place.

The leader of San Andreas bikers is unknown, nor any other member. San Andreas bikers aren't organized, they don't meet and hang in groups as a gang, they act like regular criminals with the fact they ride Freeways, mostly in countryside and desert. It isn't even considered as a motorcycle club. Anyway, they appeared only in one mission, during 'T-Bone Mendez', they didn't ride Freeways during that mission.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users