Store Robbing Guide

4 replies to this topic
saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 07 April 2006 - 09:34 AM

Vice City Store Robbing Guide

Throughout Vice City there are 15 stores that can be robbed. It may not seem like a major part of the game like missions or properties, but robbing all the stores contributes to getting 100%.

8 – East Island
7 – West Island

So (without cheating) you’ll have to unlock the rest of Vice City to get all the stores.

How much money you rob differs from store to store, once you aim your weapon at the cashier he will give up a “wad” of cash, but at the same time you’ll receive a wanted star. If however you keep aiming at him, he’ll fork over more cash but you’ll get another wanted star. It’s easier in my experience to just get the first amount of cash and then shoot him. You’ll only have one wanted star (which will go fast) and the store rob will still count.

The weapon doesn’t need to be an auto-aim weapon, as I found out today. I walked into a store and aimed my M60 at the cashier, only for him to push the alarm and get me 2 wanted stars. So as said above, if you don’t want too much trouble just kill him quick.

I have marked blue dots on this map to show where each store is located.

user posted image

#1 Bunch Of Tools (Washington Beach)

#2 Jewelery Store (Vice Point)

#3 Dispensary Plus (Vice Point)

#4 Corner Store (Vice Point)

#5 Gash (North Point Mall)

#6 Family Jewels (North Point Mall)

#7 Tooled Up (North Point Mall)

#8 Vinyl Countdown (North Point Mall)

#9 Coffee Bagels Donuts (Little Havana)

#10 Screw This (Little Havana)

#11 Robina’s Café (Little Havana)

#12 Laundromat (Little Havana)

#13 Ryton Aide Pharmancy (Little Haiti)

#14 Jewelery Store (Downtown)

#15 Dispensary Plus (Downtown)

Cuban Warlord
  • Cuban Warlord

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 April 2006 - 10:25 AM

This guide could be pretty useful I guess.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 April 2006 - 10:30 AM

Pretty much just like any other store robbing guide on the net - only with less content. confused.gif

The information on what kind of weapons can be used (ie. you don't need to have a scope) is kinda useful as it's not that widely known.

Perhaps, at a stretch, worth adding to the pinned user guides thread...

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 April 2006 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (saintdave @ Apr 7 2006, 04:34)
So (without cheating) you�ll have to unlock the rest of Vice City to get all the stores.
You don't need to cheat to get to the other island first thing even. Missions such as the R3 missions won't function the same until you do, but knocking stores off will.

How much money you rob differs from store to store
Not at all. It's ALWAYS first wad dropped is $50, 2nd is $100, 3rd is $250, 4th is $600, for a grand total of $1,000 if you collect them all.

It�s easier in my experience to just get the first amount of cash and then shoot him. You�ll only have one wanted star (which will go fast) and the store rob will still count.
First wad doesn't bring a wanted star. Second wad does, but if you turn away, it goes up to 2 stars anyways and does NOT count. So you'll need to wait at least for the third wad, which will also give you a two star wanted level. So just hiding out won't be good enough.

I know you probably hate me for it, but I figure if you're going to post it as a guide, it should be accurate.

@Fuzzy: Any weapon with a crosshair sight will work. I figured you knew that, but it's an easy way to sum it up.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 07 April 2006 - 05:02 PM

Nah not at all Dem, I welcome constructive criticism. I should have kept an eye on my cash total when robbing the cash. But thanks anyway, I'll try an expand/edit on what's in the guide.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users