2,834 replies to this topic
D-Structo
  • D-Structo

Kapitan Paleta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 April 2006 - 05:51 PM

user posted image

Welcome in the Spotted! thread.

If you like cars, and you keep your eyes open, so this is a topic for you.

Have you spotted an original or extraordinary vehicle? Here you can post pics of it, and about discuss your 'trophy' with other people. You can also discuss other people 'trophys'.

So yeah, some so-called rules now:
  • It would be the best if you post your own pics (made by you). If it's impossible, find a similar photo of the car you spotted on Google Image Search.
  • Describe when and where you saw the car.
  • Respect other people's trophys . This is an international forums, the people here are from various countrys and regions of the world. So if someone posts about spotting Hummer H2, respect the fact it can be a very rare vehicle in that users region.
  • This is not a 'Who will get more cool cars first' competition. Keep the chat friendly. ^_^

LET THE PICTURE POST & COMMENTARY BEGIN!

Mafia Righthand_Man
  • Mafia Righthand_Man

Shuffle off.

• Members

Posted 05 April 2006 - 06:27 PM Edited by Mafia Righthand_Man, 05 April 2006 - 06:37 PM.

Oh man. This is why I should've brought my camera to the Barrett-Jackson car auction I went to. Damnit. mad.gif

Anyhow, from what I remember, I saw Dr. Phil's 2002 Ferrari 360 Spider and his 2001 Gemballa Porsche Turbo. The Ferrari sold for $210,000 and the Porsche sold for $76,000. And one guy bought both the cars!

There were so many classic cars there I couldn't tell you all of them. I saw a number of Shelby's including a few GT500's.
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

D-Structo
  • D-Structo

Kapitan Paleta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 April 2006 - 06:49 PM

Woah, Shelby GT500 is pretty neat, and almost unreachable in Poland.

The only muscle cars I've seen in my life in my country, were:

Black 1964 Ford Mustang:

user posted image

^(google pic) I saw it almost 2 years ago in Leszno (a rather big, over 60k city about 30 kilometres from my hometown), when I was going with my sister to a swimming pool. My sister stopped to buy something in the shop, so I came out and seen this. I still wish I took a camera with me that day... Even if it was analog camera, I could've scanned the photos and show them here.

and

Probably 1967 AC Cobra:

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

This time I remembered to take the camera and pix. time to quote myself from the Car Talk:
i was coming back from shopping in IKEA with my parents about 2 weeks ago, and on the way i spotted few nice cars. they were all stored in some kind of vehicle showroom. unfortunately, it was closed or something like this, because there was no way i could get inside. so i just decided to take photos from the outside.

NHL's mean
  • NHL's mean

AA

• Members

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:02 PM

I'll try to find my digi camera. I saw a guy with a ford GT, mercedes mclaren and ferrari f430.

Retroactive
  • Retroactive

Ahoy!

• Members

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:27 PM

This is an SLR which was at a hotel 5 minutes from my house about a week ago,

user posted image

and this is the car of one of my female friends in class. A quiet type, but her car sure isn't. A Porsche Cayenne Turbo
user posted image

Dup
  • Dup

Retired Lurker

• Zaibatsu

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:55 PM

Here's some recent sightings:

When visiting my humble corner shop in my humble quiet village of Whalley I stumble upon a 996 Turbo S Cabriolet.

user posted image

Looked and sounded the nuts. The best thing is the driver ragged the jubblies off it, which is what I like to see biggrin.gif

My next door neighbours friend took him for a ride in this:
user posted image

A dirty 33, mmmmm....
user posted image

Bosses V12 Vanquish:
user posted image

user posted image

JJHW
  • JJHW

Foot Soldier

• Feroci Racing

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:03 AM

That's odd, that SLR looks really unimpressive, what was it like in the flesh?

Saw this AGES ago;

user posted image

And this still cracks me up;

user posted image

Sorry for quality, taken on my K700i, that's how old they are, heh.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 06 April 2006 - 10:26 AM

I bloke in my street owns a 300C, the Hemi model too I shall try and get photo's next time its in the driveway.

Dunno if this applies but in the carpark of the Adelaide Motorshow I spotted a Green DB9 Convertible with the numberplate "BOND". I won't include the cars I saw in the Motorshow but there was one I thought was rather special as I've never seen one in real life was a Mercedes Benz 300SL "Gullwing" on show as part of a Mercedes Benz in Photography Event.

Retroactive
  • Retroactive

Ahoy!

• Members

Posted 06 April 2006 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (JJHW @ Apr 6 2006, 10:03)
That's odd, that SLR looks really unimpressive, what was it like in the flesh?

It's different in the flesh, it really turns your head.
I did however think that the interior looked cheap for the price.

It's a fun car though.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 06 April 2006 - 12:20 PM

I'll have my digi camera with my when I go to the motorshow, so if I spot any cool cars on the way, i'll snap some shots smile.gif I'd show piccies of 3 series and C classes, but there's too much of them around here!

There's a nice Black CLK 500 around where I live, and some guy on the Esplande owns a Phantom. Big ass car!

D-Structo
  • D-Structo

Kapitan Paleta

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 April 2006 - 01:40 PM Edited by D-Structo, 06 April 2006 - 01:42 PM.

QUOTE (Cran. @ Apr 6 2006, 14:20)
There's a nice Black CLK 500 around where I live, and some guy on the Esplande owns a Phantom. Big ass car!

Phantom you say? Phantom, Phantom...

D-Structo is trying to remember what Phantom is

AAAH! you mean Rolls-Royce Phantom? tounge.gif

my sister says that one of her friends bought a VW V12 Phaeton not so long ago. the guy works for Volkswagen and gets a damn good salary, so it can be possible.

but i want to see that car to make sure. it still can be a new Passat...

Daniel H
  • Daniel H

Are you having a laugh? Is he having a laugh?

• Members

Posted 06 April 2006 - 03:14 PM

Spotted these at the RAF Museum, Hendon cool.gif

user posted image
user posted image

Luke15
  • Luke15

Espaņa - Gone?

• Members

Posted 06 April 2006 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (Retroactive @ Apr 5 2006, 19:27)
This is an SLR which was at a hotel 5 minutes from my house about a week ago,

user posted image

Very nice car indeed.

I would absolutely love to have one, id adore it biggrin.gif , then drive it into a wall by accident.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2006 - 01:28 AM

I know you all saw the new Mustangs but this was a weird one, well not the car in general... I was on my school bus and we went past a parking lot, no big deal, it has 4(maybe 5) Mustangs parked right next to eachother... Now I know you see two of the same cars parked but 4/5 together is pretty odd...

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 07 April 2006 - 01:35 AM

I drove past a Ford dealership today and they had to be unloading about 20 or 30 mustang convertables. It must be that time of year rolleyes.gif

user posted image x 20

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 07 April 2006 - 03:50 AM

I spotted a completely refurbished black 1948 Cadillac Convertible, with german leather interior and white wall tires...in my step-dad's garage. Heh, he's selling it for $48,000. I'll post a link to ebay when he is desperate enough to use it.

Anyways, as far as cars I'd actually like to drive, I've seen a turbo/intercooled lotus elise convertible in a lowe's parking lot, and a ferrari F50 convertible on Rt 30 in PA on my way home from work one night. Just sittin' at a light. That bastard.

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 07 April 2006 - 04:59 AM

QUOTE (Tuff Luv Capo @ Apr 7 2006, 04:50)
I spotted a completely refurbished black 1948 Cadillac Convertible, with german leather interior and white wall tires...in my step-dad's garage. Heh, he's selling it for $48,000. I'll post a link to ebay when he is desperate enough to use it.

Anyways, as far as cars I'd actually like to drive, I've seen a turbo/intercooled lotus elise convertible in a lowe's parking lot, and a ferrari F50 convertible on Rt 30 in PA on my way home from work one night. Just sittin' at a light. That bastard.

Cough. Sorry no turbo for elises smile.gif

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 07 April 2006 - 07:11 AM

You must be right, you're the one selling an Exige tounge.gif

Spotted a new Torago, looks funky comparing to the old one.

user posted image

I couldn't get a close up, it was hard enough to snap the bastard as it was tounge.gif

G-ga
  • G-ga

Jigga

• Members

Posted 07 April 2006 - 01:55 PM

Chevy Bel Air. I spotted it some time ago, so I took my camera phone and took this pics - enjoi.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 07 April 2006 - 09:57 PM Edited by Tuff Luv Capo, 07 April 2006 - 10:15 PM.

QUOTE (Pavlov @ Apr 6 2006, 23:59)

This one did. BOV and everything. Some japanese guy was driving it back and forth in the lot.

Edit- then again, it could have been the new Pontiac Solstice, I am not used to seeing them on the road yet and they bare a pretty big resemblance at glance. user posted image

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 07 April 2006 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (Tuff Luv Capo @ Apr 7 2006, 22:57)
QUOTE (Pavlov @ Apr 6 2006, 23:59)

This one did. BOV and everything. Some japanese guy was driving it back and forth in the lot.

Edit- then again, it could have been the new Pontiac Solstice, I am not used to seeing them on the road yet and they bare a pretty big resemblance at glance. [URL=http://www.kris.1000lecie.pl/dream1/2006%20Pontiac%20Solstice-fVl%20at%20show=mx=.jpg[/URL]

Yeah. A little bit offtopic, i sell an Elise

user posted image

Dup
  • Dup

Retired Lurker

• Zaibatsu

Posted 07 April 2006 - 10:32 PM

You'll not sell it if it's that dirty.

I'll take it off your hands for a tenner though!

Anyway, you can get Turbo and Supercharged Elises, but only from a conversion.

Vanquish
  • Vanquish

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 April 2006 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (Dup @ Apr 7 2006, 22:32)
You'll not sell it if it's that dirty.

I'll take it off your hands for a tenner though!

Anyway, you can get Turbo and Supercharged Elises, but only from a conversion.

Turbo Technics did a supercharger conversion for the Series 1 Exige but it was also once installed on the S1 Elise. My cousin once owned one of these Exiges. 260bhp from a 1.8 K-series was insane, especially when the whole car weighed 750kg biggrin.gif Now force-fed do a turbo conversion for S2 Exiges and Elises. They tested an Exige at 400bhp; takes un-controllable to a new meaning biggrin.gif I think they only do up to 270bhp for customers however, at risk of fire biggrin.gif The 240R I had a ride in seemed a bit weak compared to my cousins TT260 Exige. Atleast 240R owners keep their warranty biggrin.gif

Touge
  • Touge

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:33 AM

Two of those Lotus 240R's came to New Zealand to be used in targa events.

Haven't seen anything special in person for a while. Last week I saw a yellow 308GTB then followed a red 355 spider on the way home. Saw [EVOXTC] driving around last week also which is a highly modified Lancer Evo showcar.

Late last year I saw this black R34 GT-R driving around in Auckland at night. Looked damn cool with it's do-luck kit and that tuned RB26 growl. Has the personalised plate [ BNR34 ]. It's been in Fast fours magazine.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 13 April 2006 - 03:14 PM

One of many millions of M3's around my area. Sorry for the quailty..

user posted image

/me kicks digital zoom

Also saw an old holden, unsure on the model as i'm not an expert on that stuff! ph34r.gif

user posted image

NismoBNR32
  • NismoBNR32

ニスモ

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 13 April 2006 - 09:07 PM

Just saw an all new Citroen C6 smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

gta_player5
  • gta_player5

Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push miracle whips

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2006 - 09:23 PM

Speaking of a Lotus Elise, in recent weeks I've been seeing them every where by me. 1 silver, 1 red, 1 yellow.

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 14 April 2006 - 03:22 PM Edited by Black-hawk, 14 April 2006 - 03:29 PM.

Mind you all of these were taken in Lithuania and Latvia (Eastern Europe), and the chances of spotting american cars over here is ridiculously low.
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 14 April 2006 - 03:23 PM

Continued...
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
I've got tonnes of pics (think Murcielago, Hummer H2 Limo etc..) that I'll post later.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 14 April 2006 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (y4kuza @ Apr 14 2006, 07:37)
Just saw an all new Citroen C6 smile.gif
*pics*

Saw one of those at the Motorshow over here, it's a bit of a weird looking thing, but it's a change from the normal conservative executive car indeed smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users