Photo

fastest car in gta2

39 replies to this topic
elypter
  • elypter

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:06 AM

just look at the gci file or even easier look at the physics tab of manager. you find threshold and gear multiplyers there

Giradox
  • Giradox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:01 AM Edited by Giradox, 10 October 2011 - 11:27 PM.

QUOTE (mibars @ Friday, Oct 7 2011, 00:03)
Guess what - I don't remember even making this speed/accel/handling test after five years smile.gif

I'm not sure, but I probably checked how fast each car reaches certain speed, which isn't very accurate concidering how "gears" work in GTA2 - High low RPM torque decreasing as it accelerates leading to odd behavior of increasing acceleration after gear change - One vehicle could stay too long on 2nd decreasing my acceleration rating, while just after switching to 3rd it would accelerate in a moment to top speed

BTW: email notification of replies rocks ^^

Haha, how good of you to come back to this topic! wink.gif

I love cars that do not screech (make marks on the ground) when starting them. There aren't too many, Schmidt, Rumbler and Stinger being amongst them. I also noticed that the Rumbler brakes incredibly well. Many different factors.

elypter: What gci file? Where can you see data like this? Also, there is no 'physics tab in manager', whatever that meant.

Edit: GCI, apologies.

elypter
  • elypter

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2011 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (Giradox @ Monday, Oct 10 2011, 03:01)
elypter: What cgi file? Where can you see data like this? Also, there is no 'physics tab in manager', whatever that meant.

gci files store the carhandling information. by default gta2 uses nyc.gci but few custom maps have heir own gci file.
About the manager: Ofc you have to have gamehunter. By adding some registry keys it makes the hidden physics and debug tab visible. if that doesnt work you can also use powermanager or one of the car manipulation programs.

Giradox
  • Giradox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:28 PM

Thanks, I found it and wrote up most of the info on a Excel 2007 spreadsheet. The OP was right, except the top speed for Trance-Am is wrong.
I will be posting it in the coming days. smile.gif

So yeah, the Meteor is the fastest car amongst the "ordinary" cars. I don't count the Wang cars, because you can't really drive them without cheating, can you?

elypter
  • elypter

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (Giradox @ Monday, Oct 10 2011, 23:28)
So yeah, the Meteor is the fastest car amongst the "ordinary" cars. I don't count the Wang cars, because you can't really drive them without cheating, can you?

In multiplayer maps they spawn normally on the street, except you switch them off by hand which has not been done in any of the about 300 mp maps wink.gif

Shayan Shaffey
  • Shayan Shaffey

Want to Advertise in my Sig? PM Me.

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:06 PM

Weird, I always thought the Z-model was the fastest.

Giradox
  • Giradox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:26 PM

Here it is; the ultimate list sly.gif

Microsoft Excel 2007 spreadsheet (recommended)
Excel 2003 version
OpenOffice.org Calc version

Note that the 2007 version has colourless and black&white sheets as well.

I've modified it for OpenOffice so it should become readable, even if OpenOffice struggles to be half as decent as Excel.
I have no idea how the 97-2003 version turned out, as I don't have it.

It confirms what I've always thought, that the Rumbler is the fastest one to break fast (vocabulary broken).

The Furore GT's abysmal handling seems to come from an extremely low turn in compared with the game's highest turn ratio. I'm not sure how they work exactly though.

The stats' conditional formatting is usually ranked from green (best) to red (worst). In a few cases where I don't know whether having a low/high value is good/bad, I've used a red/blue-scale (red is lowest). And some are empty as they are uninteresting, at least to me. You can add and mess around with it on your own anyway.
I've already hidden a value, "D-pad", which is 0 for every vechile.
Gear 3 multiplier is also always 1 000, I haven't hidden that just in case it might be useful.

Note that Turbo is "1" for many of the fastest cars, but excluding: Michelli Roadster, T-Rex & Wellard.

I suppose Thrust is the same as acceleration, but I'm not quite sure.
If so, I suppose Thrust and Max speed could be combined into one block, but I feel speed should weigh more than acceleration. If you just add them up, though, you will get the T-Rex and Hachura on top, with great speed and thrust. There is most likely a better way to define this.

I left out the train, as there were so many other entires connected to train that I didn't know which one was "real", or if one changes the other's data.
There was also a few entries called "Hot Dog dummy" which I left.

I wonder if rear end stability means if you're rammed into the arse or something? Obviously it doesn't seem like a good idea to ram a Tank from behind. colgate.gif

AssainGuy
  • AssainGuy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

GT-A1.
i stole one in residential district using hax. its goddamn fast and uncontrollable. i prefer using the tank =)

racersg
  • racersg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

The GTA Wiki says the Cop Car, but the GT-A1 is the fastest if you mod it.

Giradox
  • Giradox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

Which is why you should not use Wikis as your primary source.
The Meteor and Furore GT are both faster than the Cop Car. The Meteor accelerates faster than the Cop Car, but the Cop Car accelerates slightly faster than the Furore GT. See my table sheets above.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users