Photo

[REL|ASI|BIN/SRC] GTA Studios

187 replies to this topic
Skilly
  • Skilly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 September 2006 - 09:26 PM

Is it possible to make CJ shoot out of the car while somone else drives, like in the mission befor DOBERMAN? mercie_blink.gif

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 19 September 2006 - 03:13 PM

Big fixes and other stuff for Vice/Liberty Studios. Read on:

09/19/06 - Version 3.3
- Fixed the weapons bug. All player and ped weapons work properly again.
- Weapons now use a selector, simliar to the ped/car creation, using PAGE UP,
PAGE DOWN and BACKSPACE.
- Fixed a minor bug that didn't remove the LOD model of the Green Screen when
turning it off.
- Added player animations; the player can use most of the animations that the
peds use. See GAMEKEYS.TXT for details. Use with modifier P.
- Included "Target Textures" pack, which replace hud.txd and particle.txd. This
removes the targeting recticles from the handguns, submachine/rifles and the
rocket launcher. All other weapons function and target normally.

Links are in the first post of this thread. Basically, if you need weapons, you need this. The updated weapon code works much better now anyway, so grab it and get the other stuff too! inlove.gif

CnRPonch
  • CnRPonch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2006 - 07:42 PM

When I open GTA and use the ctrl shft L hotkey for the shorcut to the loader. The startup text and the chat help at the bottom right comes up but that is it. After pressing insert and 2 I occasionally got 1 ped to spawn. How can I fix this? Is it possible the occasional glitch from gta (No music, cant quit game) could cause this?

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 15 October 2006 - 12:04 AM

I'll assume you're talking about San An Studios.

There is a possible fix here; but I need more people to test it before I make it a full release. Try this an report back please. smile.gif

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 05 November 2006 - 02:29 AM Edited by ceedj, 05 November 2006 - 02:38 AM.

Ok folks, here's the newest version of San An Studios:

San An Studios 3.3
The updates:
11/04/06 - Version 3.3
- Fixed some major bugs with the internal code; those with problems with random crashes should download this updated version.
- Added Player Animations; the player can now use just about ALL the animations available. Switched the key from "P" to "CAPS LOCK" so all banks would be available.
- Added "Storage"; all peds and cars created can now be "stored" for later recall. Should be especially useful for reshoots. Note that this is session specific.
- Added teleporter script; now you can instantly teleport to one of 30 fabulous locations in San Andreas! Thanks to SA-MP's debug mode.
- Added aircraft/boat pursuit. The Hunter and Hydra will attack the player as well if you want. VERY experimental; don't expect fabulous results yet.
- Fixed driveby; now works with peds AND the player. Thanks to Mike from the SA-MP team for his insight on this.
- Added "Player Car Grab" - any vehicle the player enters can become Car1 by pressing HOME + C.
- Re-added Weather Text; not sure why it was removed, but it's back now.
- Weapon selection is now like choosing peds/cars. Should be easier to use now.
- Added 5 "gamespeed" controls; super slow, really slow, slow, meduim and normal. Can you find the goofy in-joke inside GAMEKEYS.txt?

Important bits from the READ ME:
NEW - TELEPORT
You can now teleport to one of 30 predefined locations in the game. As it is a MASSIVE game, this should make getting around a bit easier. Use Home plus the "W" key to start the script. A selection box will pop up. Use UP and DOWN to select, and your SPRINT key to choose. You will be instantly teleported to that location. You can return to your most recent teleport point by pressing END plus the "W" key. This has been disabled from working in interiors, to prevent crashes. Press ENTER CAR to cancel.

NEW - SET GAMESPEED
You can now set the game speed. This does NOT affect the actual frame rate; the entire engine slows down. So this can be incredibly useful with CamHack, as you can get Matrix-like wrap around shots in slow motion, as the CamHack camera acts independantly of the game script. To use, press HOME + 1,2,3,4, or 5. Setting it to 1 is normal game speed, while setting it to 5 will be super slow motion (rougly a half frame a second).

NEW - PLAYER ANIMATIONS (formerly PLAYER WEAPONS/PHONE/PASSENGER)
The player now has access to most of the animations available to peds. All animations from the banks will work, as will a few select "common keys". See GAMEKEYS.txt for the details. Note that the display for the player (below the radar) doesn't update until AFTER an animation is started; a fix for this is being worked on, but it works just fine.

NEW - TOTAL RECALL
You can now store any ped or car positions for reshooting. Press HOME + S to store all of your created peds and cars. Press HOME + R to restore them to that position after they have moved. Machinimators should find this an excellent, time saving tool.

Note that you can also use this in the air, with aircraft following/attacking you.

NEW - DRIVE BY WORKING
The Drive By animation (BANK R - CARS) is now fixed for the peds and the player. Press a modifer plus the "L" key (switching to bank R first) and in armed, the ped or player will shoot from the car. Note that while the handgun can be fired this way, the model doesn't appear (shooting blanks?). The sub machine guns work properly.

NEW - PLAYER CAR GRAB
Now you can set any car that the player uses as Car1. Jack a car, get in and press HOME plus the "C" key. This car will now be referenced as Car1, and can use all the animations available, as if you created it. Can also be deleted with DELETE + 7. Note that if you do this after assigning a car, the new car will become Car1. Also, if you try to create a new car after doing this, the new car will replace (by deletion) the old one. This is not a bug; this is done to prevent crashes and cars stacking up.

NEW - PLANES, TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES
Ok, not really, but you can now have peds fly planes/heli's and drive boats. It's not perfect, and VERY experimental, but it's something. To make this work, create your peds and aircraft/boat (boats in the water, but the peds and aircraft on land) on land. Create your own aircraft/boat. Make the ped enter the first vehicle (if a boat, the ped will "teleport" to the boat; this is a game limitation) and then get into your vehicle. In this example, Ped1 uses Car1 (modifier 7) and the player uses Car2 (modifier 8).

If you are flying, get up a good distance. Then press 7 or 8 (whichever is not YOUR vehicle) plus the "F" key (same as "Follow" for Cars). The aircraft will appear behind your vehicle and get ready to follow. In the case of aircraft with landing gear, this will automatically be set in. In the case of the Hydra, the thrusters will be automatically pointed forward. The aircraft will now follow you, although the flight paths tend to be erratic at best. But with enough practice, you should be able to get the shots you need. Well, at least you'll get more than what you had before this was added. tounge.gif

The Hydra and the Hunter can also be commanded to fire upon you, the player. With the Hydra, you will have to be in a vehicle; the Hunter will hunt you on the ground as well. However, like the "follow" commands, it's somewhat erratic, but still workable with some clear goals in mind.

Be aware that this mode is comepletely new and experimental; fixes and improvements will be included over the next few releases. But be aware that the best looking shots from San Andreas were scripted, taking hundreds of man-hours to complete. The aim of this mod is to simplify filming while offering as much as possible for the user without involving the user in massive scripting. In short, it works (and is crash free!) but you'll need to play around with it.

In case you missed it, here's the link again.:

San An Studios 3.3

RvdVit
  • RvdVit

Most sexy post located to the right. --->

• Members

Posted 05 November 2006 - 05:10 AM

thats a good program, but there is a problem with how 3.3 runs, at least for me.

when i find a ped i want to use, and press backspace, it crashes the game :\

any suggestions?

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 05 November 2006 - 02:54 PM

I need WAY more information than that to help you. Do you have a US/EU version 1.0 exe? I'm going to assume yes since you got it to run at all (I don't have second edtion, but others tell me it won't work). Are you using any trainers or other hacks? A modded SCM? Any other mods? Did you try with just Ped 1 or does it happen with all of them? What about cars? Did you try with a new game or a saved game? It works both ways, but better with a saved game because a new game is essentally a "mission", and this runs with fewer glitches on it's own. Let me know some answers and I'll try to help. smile.gif

BTW, I DID manage to find a few more bugs; if you downloaded this in the last 12 hours, please redownload the archive, and replace the San An Studios exe. Here are the fixes:
11/05/06 - Version 3.3 Bug fix
- Game no longer crashes if you use DELETE ALL and then hit animation keys
- Ped 5 will now spawn the chosen ped (was stuck on one model for a project)
- Game no longer crashes if you try to store actors without creating them first
- Game no longer crashes if you try to create a ped and stop a running animation; this also fixed the issue with certain animation bank columns not displaying properly

RainingAcid
  • RainingAcid

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 November 2006 - 12:18 AM Edited by RainingAcid, 07 November 2006 - 12:46 AM.

It's not working. I pressed Insert + A, but it does nothing. I can't make the peds move. In fact, when I press DELETE + W or A, it disables the wanted level.
Oh, I just read you took it out, so how am I suppose to make it work? The PED MODIFIERS aren't doing anything.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 07 November 2006 - 04:34 AM

Just a quick refresher... smile.gif

The "Animation Switcher" has been removed. So just create a ped (INSERT + 1) and choose one (PAGE UP/PAGE DOWN/BACKSPACE). Now make it do something by pressing a modifier (LEFT SHIFT for Ped1 in this case) plus an ANIMATION KEY (let's use chat, which is "D" ). You can't just tap it; you have to hold it down for about a second.

The "A" key is now used with HOME for user spawned Hydras and Hunters to attack. It's also used with a PED MODIFIER (or the Player key, "CAPS LOCK") to turn on the move mouth command.

Duders
  • Duders

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2006 - 05:32 AM

HOw come when the Vehicle 2 is far away, it will slow down. The car doesn't move that fast and cant keep up with me since im trying to do a street race short video.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 07 November 2006 - 06:52 AM

This might have to do with the range. I'll see about upping it in the next release. For now, just make sure the car chasing you stays close and is set to it's max speed.

RainingAcid
  • RainingAcid

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:23 AM

Okay, so now the Camera doesn't work. When I hit C+F9 to put the cam on Ped1 it just show area. I was doing a little plane scene and I had PEd1 flying and I wanted to change the cam so that I can see Ped 1...

Duders
  • Duders

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2006 - 03:11 AM

The biggest problem that im having is that it keeps on crashing when i press the backspace key. Otherwise fantastic job.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 09 November 2006 - 05:04 AM Edited by ceedj, 09 November 2006 - 05:11 AM.

QUOTE (RainingAcid @ Nov 7 2006, 20:23)
Okay, so now the Camera doesn't work. When I hit C+F9 to put the cam on Ped1 it just show area. I was doing a little plane scene and I had PEd1 flying and I wanted to change the cam so that I can see Ped 1...

Unfortunately, that only works with Peds on land. I haven't quite figured out the camera on vehicle function; probably have it for a future update. Can you use cam hack with the player in an aircraft? I've never tried. If so, use the skin switcher and use the player, then do your shots where you need to have both aircraft as wider masters, cutting in and out with the closeups. Might take a bit longer, but the best things usually do. smile.gif

QUOTE (Duders)
  The biggest problem that im having is that it keeps on crashing when i press the backspace key. Otherwise fantastic job.

I'd really like to figure this one out, as it's so odd. Try this for me:

1) Turn on the text help with INSERT + T.
2) Grab any car. Get in and press HOME + C to make it Car1.
3) Try to set some properties like 7 + E to change the auto speed. The display should show this change. If it doesn't, there may be a larger problem - we may need to look at system stuff. If it DOES, post back; I have a couple of ideas I'll try with a special build.

Tell me this, are you using a US keyboard with Windows XP? I know some keyboards have been finicky with this mod, although backspace is a universal key. Just checking anyway. But please try the above and let me know either way. smile.gif

EDIT: This just occured to me: do you have your backspace bound as a game key? Check, and if it is, bind it to something else. Then try to create something.

Duders
  • Duders

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 November 2006 - 11:36 PM Edited by Duders, 09 November 2006 - 11:49 PM.

I tried creating a 5th ped and it seems to be fine. All i know for sure is 1 and 2 doesn't seem to be working. I am using the US keyboard layout and my backspace isn't used in game. When I tried your method, nothing happened. This time however, I was able to create a ped 1 though... Very strange.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 15 November 2006 - 04:38 AM Edited by ceedj, 15 November 2006 - 05:08 AM.

Found another bug - the game crashes if you try to "Clear Actor". Fixed. Just redownload and replace the exe from the archive:

San An Studios 3.3

I found one other bug, in that the player won't animate unless at least one ped, car or dummy is created. I did this to prevent keys from stacking up (the keyhook in SA is very different from Vice, hence the trouble). I'm still looking for a fix for this; for now, just create a ped or dummy somewhere away from where your filming, then you can use the player animations. Also note that the bank switch text for the player will NOT update unless you have the SA Text Helper on (INSERT + T). I'm looking for a workaround for this as well.

Please post back to let me know if it works.

Try this build Duders and let me know.

EDIT: Just to throw this out there: this mod is built using the original MAIN.SCM as a reference. Since it hooks into the exsisting scripts, you may run into trouble since my variables (Ped1, Ped2, etc) are created with reference to varibles that are in the original main script. So if they aren't there, or if a modded SCM adds new ones, they might be conflicting with my variables. So it is highly recommended that you use an original install of the game. Some mods may work with no problems, but if you DO have a modded SCM, try using the original when using this mod.

Duders
  • Duders

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2006 - 05:25 AM Edited by Duders, 15 November 2006 - 05:50 AM.

Yah you have to turn on the SA helper but other thn that seems to be working fine. Thanks a bunch.

edit - Eugh, wtf. Now it crashes the game again..... Its so random.

edit 2 - peds 2,3 seem to be okay but im not sure about one. ITs really random so don't count on those two to work again.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 17 November 2006 - 04:50 AM

Are you using an original V1 install, or a v2 -> v1 downgrader? Some research and some info from Dem says that the v2 script has different offsets, and will likely cause problems with my custom variables. If you are using ANY mods that modify the main.scm, it will cause problems there as well.

.:Alex:.
  • .:Alex:.

Bitter and Twisted

• Members

Posted 25 November 2006 - 05:05 PM

Um.. when I start this up. It works beautifully! But after a while, usually when I have finished getting everything set up. The keys to do things with this mod become VERY unresponsive. Some of them just suddenly refuse to work. Is there any reason for this? Or is this something you need to look at from your end?

thewaytahgo2
  • thewaytahgo2

Tarkers: Protection Racketeer

• Members

Posted 25 November 2006 - 08:01 PM

when i try to download this mod from the archive, it says
"Inject: can't launch GTA San Andreas"
can someone help me?

thewaytahgo2
  • thewaytahgo2

• Members

Posted 25 November 2006 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (thewaytahgo2 @ Nov 25 2006, 20:01)
when i try to download this mod from the archive, it says
"Inject: can't launch GTA San Andreas"
can someone help me?

ok, i found out what to do, but when i do this, i usually get confused. id there a tuturial somewhere? i have read the readdme & i will continue to do so, but is there a place i can go for further help?

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 26 November 2006 - 12:07 AM Edited by ceedj, 26 November 2006 - 12:11 AM.

QUOTE (.:Alex:. @ Nov 25 2006, 12:05)
Um.. when I start this up. It works beautifully! But after a while, usually when I have finished getting everything set up. The keys to do things with this mod become VERY unresponsive. Some of them just suddenly refuse to work. Is there any reason for this? Or is this something you need to look at from your end?

Do you mean when you start recording? Can you give a specific example?

QUOTE (thewaytahgo2 @ Nov 25 2006, 18:02)
ok, i found out what to do, but when i do this, i usually get confused. id there a tuturial somewhere? i have read the readdme & i will continue to do so, but is there a place i can go for further help?

Nothing at the moment. I AM working on a expanded guide to making machinima with GTA, but this likely won't be finished for another few months. Sorry. Just use the read me and follow the examples inside.

thewaytahgo2
  • thewaytahgo2

• Members

Posted 26 November 2006 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (ceedj @ Nov 26 2006, 00:07)

Nothing at the moment. I AM working on a expanded guide to making machinima with GTA, but this likely won't be finished for another few months. Sorry. Just use the read me and follow the examples inside.

ok thanks. 1 mopre thing tho. sometimes i cannot animate peds. i cant get them into a car & so on. I also am getting confused on how to get to differant banks. can you help me out? thanks so much

.:Alex:.
  • .:Alex:.

Bitter and Twisted

• Members

Posted 26 November 2006 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE (ceedj @ Nov 26 2006, 00:07)

Well by unresponsive, I meant the key commands. Say, I want to spawn a new ped. At the beginning I can easily press the right keys and it will immediately appear and blah blah blah it works. After awhile, if I tried to spawn a new ped, the keys don't seem to work. Unless I press them about 100 times and even then that doesn't guarantee anything.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 26 November 2006 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (thewaytahgo2 @ Nov 25 2006, 21:58)
ok thanks. 1 mopre thing tho. sometimes i cannot animate peds. i cant get them into a car & so on.  I also am getting confused on how to get to differant banks. can you help me out? thanks so much

The bank switcher can be a pain at first (especially if you're used to the VC Studios mods), but it works like this. The F through L keys are the animation keys that will have different animations depending on the set. BASIC1 (the Q key) uses F for the Laugh Animation, while BASIC2 (the W key) uses F for the Gang Chat animation. So you have to "switch" the banks to get different animations; this is how I got 60 animations to work with only 6 keys available.

So say you want Ped 1 to use the DRUGS set (the "I" key). Press the modifier for that ped (in this case, Left Shift) and one of the top row letter keys (Q through P), in this case, the I key and Ped 1 will now use the animations from that set. All Peds default to BASIC1 upon creation.

As for the car thing, the only thing I can think of is to make sure you have created car 1 or car 2 before trying to send a ped to it. You can't send a ped to just any old car; it has to be created first. I'm sorry if this is already obvious, but I can't think of anything that would cause this problem.

Hope this all helps.

QUOTE (.:Alex:. @ Nov 26 2006, 03:50)
Well by unresponsive, I meant the key commands. Say, I want to spawn a new ped. At the beginning I can easily press the right keys and it will immediately appear and blah blah blah it works. After awhile, if I tried to spawn a new ped, the keys don't seem to work. Unless I press them about 100 times and even then that doesn't guarantee anything.

I really can't find a reason for this either. For the sake of completeness, please PM me your system specs, what version of San An you have, operating system, lauguage, DX verision and if you have any mods installed, what they are. The only other possibility that occours to me is that if you're in the middle of creating peds, you're basically locked out of EVERYTHING until you hit backspace to choose that ped. I don't know if this is happening to you, but maybe hit backspace a few times when this problem crops up and see if you can go from there.

thewaytahgo2
  • thewaytahgo2

• Members

Posted 28 November 2006 - 04:40 AM

on the readme, for the camhack, it says its best to redifine the keys so its on the # pad. i would do that, but there are too many controls in the canhack....can you help me?

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:03 AM

Keys NOT used by the Studios mods:

Enter (Return)
Left and Right Brackets
Plus, Equals, Separator
Semi Colon ( ; ), Quotes ("), Question Mark
Tilde key (if you have one, usually next to top row number 1 kwy)
F1-F3 (used by the game for replays)
All of the number pad keys

With all that, plus the number pad, you should have plenty for the CamHack. You could also assign some of the functions of the game to keys not as often used by the hooks. For intsance, you could make one of your "look" keys to the top row number, since you only hit those keys to start ped/car creation (I leave my game camera key on 0, since it's easy to reset that camera after freezing the time).

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 28 November 2006 - 11:29 AM

Ceedj, since you made all the Peds videos can I ask, how did you get Camhack without the speedometer? It's really annoying me now angry.gif And also, do you have any tips for the future people who want to try and make machinma's? smile.gif

thewaytahgo2
  • thewaytahgo2

• Members

Posted 02 December 2006 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (blackadder18 @ Nov 28 2006, 11:29)
Ceedj, since you made all the Peds videos can I ask, how did you get Camhack without the speedometer? It's really annoying me now angry.gif And also, do you have any tips for the future people who want to try and make machinma's? smile.gif

yes, i would love to find this out also. i also wanted to let you know that sometimes, when inside interiors with differant ped models, the game crashes. also, if i turn off the entrance markers, sometimes they dont come back after i enabled them back on.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 02 December 2006 - 11:52 PM

There is a key for removing the spedometer right inside CamHack. I think the defualt is NUMPAD 3 to shut it off (it's listed as Toggle Gagues in the Control Settings dialog in CamHack).

There seems to be some kind of limitation on the number and type of peds in any given interior. I've worked it out the best I can, but without more findings about WHY this happens, this is the best that I can do. I THINK that it's in the main SA exe somewhere though...

As for the entrance markers, I've never had a problem with this. Just make sure you're not in the middle of creating peds or giving weapons while trying to turn them on/off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users