[REL|ASI|BIN/SRC] GTA Studios

187 replies to this topic
ruusteri
  • ruusteri

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 May 2006 - 06:04 AM

This mod is so damn fun!
It's fun to make few peds, give them nice weapons and then make them attack player.
Only bad thing is that actors cant fly helicopters/airplanes. Mod also crashes sometimes, but its very rare.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 12 May 2006 - 11:55 AM Edited by ceedj, 12 May 2006 - 12:50 PM.

QUOTE (J-Fox.GEMM @ May 10 2006, 06:50)
So it is NOT possible to make an actor point at a given location and make em shoot?

btw: thought about adding sum features to ur code and create a nice ui. Maybe i will do when i have got a free min... So you could have a timeline etc smile.gif

Sure you can, you just have to be creative about it. Here's how I might do something like that...

1) Install the invisible skin (janitor.txd) included in the mod. Now use this actor as one of your peds. Create a normal ped (ped 1) and give him/her a weapon. Now create ped 2 using the invisible actor (the janitor is 3 backward from the ped creation start, just past Big Bear. ) From here, it's all about the camera. You can

a) Set up the camera so it's right on top of the ped shooting (you DO have the CamHack, right?). Set up your second actor close enough for the first one to be able to start shooting. Choose ped 1 to attack ped 2 (in this case, Left Shift + 2). Film away.

b) Set up the camera so it's behind or to the side of the ped shooting, and again, choose ped 1 to attck ped 2. If it's a car you want to shoot at, create a car and set up the invisible ped just behind the area you want the first ped to attack, film away.

2) If you want to see the actor getting shot, just use a normal skinned actor.

As for modding the source, go ahead, but if your trying to add to the game script while using the original game SCM, then good luck. I think there's about 2 or 3 lines left to work with before you hit the SCM limit. tounge.gif

RE: Crashes: I wish I could nail these down, but honestly, I just haven't been able to crash it often enough to do any real testing with it. In fact, I didn't crash at all while making "Where's Zero?", so I have nothing to go on. If anyone can recreate the crashes and post the conditions used to cause the crash, I'd be able to test this better.

J-Fox.GEMM
  • J-Fox.GEMM

Ello...

• Members

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:21 PM

ok thx for ur replay. I knew i could do that way. But it makes my SA really slow cuz i have to much actors then xD.

about editing source:

I planned to create a code smilliars to urs (using DirectX, Spookys SCM Hook - modded SA one). I would add a timeline and stuff then. Also you could create unlimited amount of cars, actors, ...
Also Camera fly's etc.

I m new to C++ (not that new ^^ ) so that would be a nice training for me i think smile.gif
But u got much anims etc and they are sorted really good. So it would be a gd idea to use ur code. (i think)

silwyth
  • silwyth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2006 - 02:04 PM Edited by silwyth, 29 May 2006 - 02:07 PM.

just one question how did u get the ped to run away in yr movie when he got shot because i cant figure out how to do it and i want to make a movie were at the start a car goes over the bridge right so is the dummy ped a normal ped. also will it accept enter all buildings mod. because one of my scenes is in the privete jet.

thanks in advance, ive been waiting for this mod so long and its so cool.

Silwyth rahkstar2.gif

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 29 May 2006 - 02:29 PM

Cake. smile.gif

Set up your ped where you want him. Now go to where you want him to run to and press INSERT + C to drop the dummy ped (you might want to install the included invisible skin, janitor.txd, for filming). Now turn on the animation engine by pressing INSERT + A. Set up your camera and press your ped MODIFIER (lets say Left Shift for ped 1 as an example) and C (run to dummy ped).

Presto! Running ped! Remember to turn the animation engine off by pressing DELETE + A to set up more peds and cars. You'll need to do this to reset the dummy ped somewhere else, although I may change this for the next version...

The dummy ped is just that: a dummy. He's not controllable at all, and only used to give other actors/cars a set of co-ordinates to run/walk/drive to.

About the all interiors mod: maybe. I dunno; I never use any mods. Try it out and let me know. If the plane is an interior and the game doesn't crash, you'll only get the first 120 or so peds (plus the special actors) so keep that in mind when choosing a ped. This is done on purpose to prevent the game from crashing - there's a weird limit somewhere on the number of models you can load while inside of an interior.

silwyth
  • silwyth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2006 - 03:28 PM

thanks this helps alot i was thinking of doin a movie but its a little bit hard so instead ill do episodes like u did but with two main chars and the outside world as fun. what do you think?

im just goin to have to think of the episodes though so much possibilities anything to start me off.

thanks Silwyth

silwyth
  • silwyth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2006 - 03:46 PM

two more things is there any way u can make a ped lean on a car or when in the car put there elbow on the door like they normally do ingame

GTA Ryder
  • GTA Ryder

a.k.a. RapBoy

• Members

Posted 03 June 2006 - 02:17 PM

Hy there! I have one question: can the peds u create use a parachute? (in san an)

silwyth
  • silwyth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 June 2006 - 07:00 PM

try it it might work as its a weapon but u cant control it and bc careful it might crash yr game rahkstar2.gif

Quadropheniac90
  • Quadropheniac90

Confused Clown

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 04 June 2006 - 07:14 PM

I like this mod, it's great! Is there any way you will make an ingame menu in the next version? Like the menu used to buy weapons. This, I think, would make it easier to control, otherwise I have to look up what key is what.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 04 June 2006 - 08:04 PM

Nope, no extra menus. In fact, I probably won't be adding anything at all, since I'm already at the limit of the amout of code I can add before it stops compiling correctly. Best solution is to print out a copy of GAMEKEYS.txt.

MChanna03
  • MChanna03

---CarTel 4 LiFe---

• Members

Posted 07 June 2006 - 07:51 AM

will you ever add anymore animations to sa studios... like you had in vice...

VICE CITY KEY - ANIMATIONS
R - lean back, look l & r
T - stand still, hands behind back
Y - hands behind back, then scratch head
U - bend over, catch breath, lean back and look l & r
I - bounce off, stumble backwards
O - bounce off, stumble, then scratch head
P - turn 180 degrees then face angle

would it be possible to put these in the sa one... or will you not be updatin no more...?

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:55 PM

They're already in there! whatsthat.gif

From SAGAMEKEYS.txt

Universal:
BACKSPACE - Look at Player

BASICS2:
G - Look Around
L - Tired
BASICS3:
L - Hands Cower

There is no scratch head anim, at least not one referenced by the scm. The Vice anims can't be used because the animations are done differently between VC and SA (the Vice opcode is disabled in SA). And I don't think they're in SA anyway.

MChanna03
  • MChanna03

---CarTel 4 LiFe---

• Members

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:59 PM

ok... i didn't notice the other one before... but their in there...

RainingAcid
  • RainingAcid

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 June 2006 - 06:22 PM

They need to be able to fly airplanes.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 11 June 2006 - 03:25 AM

QUOTE (RainingAcid @ Jun 10 2006, 14:22)
They need to be able to fly airplanes.

You know, it IS all open source.

Feel free... anuj_cop.gif

RainingAcid
  • RainingAcid

Hustler

• Members

Posted 12 June 2006 - 02:28 AM

Don;t know sh*t about it.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 12 June 2006 - 03:36 AM

I looked into this: in order for this to happen, I have to

1) Use a separate peice of code to create the plane/boat in the air/water.
2) Spawn a ped inside a plane/boat, somehow getting the handle of the ped without destroying it.
3) Set the speed instantly, along with any coords we want it to go to.

The code itself wouldn't be a problem (it would be a TON of code though), but as I've stated before, I don't have the room for it in the mod. The hook stops compiling correctly if I go over a certain number of lines of code. This mod is for machinima filmmakers first, which means it needs to be easy to install, and keep all the functions of a regular game, while being able to use saves.

Why don't you just use the Player Skin selector that's built in, and use the Player to control the planes/boats?

GTA Ryder
  • GTA Ryder

a.k.a. RapBoy

• Members

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:21 AM

Hello! I have a problem with the GTA Liberty Studios...
When I start a new game and try 2 enter the pink marker nothing happens confused.gif (I use a crack of gta-vc.exe)

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 15 June 2006 - 02:38 PM

Which version of GTA:LC are you using? I've only tested it with the v5 beta.

If the marker is pink, there is something wrong with your install, because the marker should be BLUE.

GTA Ryder
  • GTA Ryder

a.k.a. RapBoy

• Members

Posted 15 June 2006 - 04:45 PM

ohh... I can't find the GTA:LC v5 beta sad.gif
Can u give me a website or sumthin 2 download it from?

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 15 June 2006 - 05:33 PM Edited by ceedj, 15 June 2006 - 07:44 PM.

Clicky

EDIT: I just found out I need to make a separate build for the v6 test3 BETA (the special actors need to be recoded in my hook - if you don't need them, then the current 3.1 build works fine with the new GTALC test), so until that is done, use the 5b installer at the link above.

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 27 June 2006 - 06:08 AM Edited by ceedj, 27 June 2006 - 06:11 AM.

Folks, I need some testers for San An Studios (current version 3.1 is fine) with mods that use a STRIPPED SCM. I just tried this with a simple stripped scm, and lo and behold, it WORKED, starting a new game. One minor issue - if you start another new game with the same session, the hook won't restart, so you'll have to exit out of the game, and start it fresh.

I'd really appreciate some feedback on this, as it would open up filming using custom mods, and possibly with Myriad as well.

Thanks. biggrin.gif

xspudx
  • xspudx

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 July 2006 - 10:18 PM

I've got a major problem on LC: Studios with the dummy ped, whenever I press Ins & C to create the dummy ped the game's LC studios stops working, I can't make any peds or anything, what the f*ck is going on?

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 02 August 2006 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE (xspudx @ Jul 27 2006, 18:18)
I've got a major problem on LC: Studios with the dummy ped, whenever I press Ins & C to create the dummy ped the game's LC studios stops working, I can't make any peds or anything, what the f*ck is going on?

Which version of LC are you using? LC Studios does NOT work properly with v6 beta; use the v5 beta.

I just did the opening for season 2 of PEDS and the camera ped works fine using v5.

GTA Ryder
  • GTA Ryder

a.k.a. RapBoy

• Members

Posted 27 August 2006 - 06:22 PM

Will there be a better version than the 3.1 of San An, Vice or Liberty Studios?

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 27 August 2006 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (GTA Ryder @ Aug 27 2006, 14:22)
Will there be a better version than the 3.1 of San An, Vice or Liberty Studios?

lol.gif

I'm afriad since this is the ONLY tool available of it's kind, you'll have to endure my mediocre programming abilities. Many apologies.

lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

GTA Ryder
  • GTA Ryder

a.k.a. RapBoy

• Members

Posted 27 August 2006 - 09:33 PM

That's ok man... wink.gif It's the best GTA movie making tool. rolleyes.gif

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:31 PM

New updates available for ALL of the GTA Suite mods. Here are the changes:

San An Studios 3.2
CHANGE LOG:
09/15/06 - Version 3.2
- Mostly internal code cleanup/optimization. But a few extras too. :-)
- Because of code cleanup, Animaition/Creation Modes (INSERT/DELETE + A) have been removed. This should make working with this tool a WHOLE lot better. Sorry it
took so long. Now, all animations and creation modes are available any time.
- With code cleanup comes the return of the Text Labels for Weapon Selection.
Actual selection process should be faster now too.
- Added a cigar to the smoke animation (fixed, BTW) and a can to the drink
animation.
- Added debris remover (papers and leaves); Press INSERT + D (default) for on,
press DELETE + D to remove all debris from the ground.
- Added controls for the "Heat Wave" effect (thanks to Demarest for finding the
code). Press INSERT + Z to enable, DELETE + Z to disable.

Vice and Liberty Studios 3.2
CHANGE LOG:
Liberty Studios:
09/05/06 - Version 3.2
- Rewrote most of the engine. Although it should be faster (and MUCH easier to
update), the file size is about the same due to VS2005 bloating the hell out of it.
- The mod now begins "the mission" immediately, skipping the tutorial. The tutorial
is still there; press INSERT + BACKSPACE to view it.
- Includes a "Green Screen" map mod for use with video editors that support
compositing. See the "Pawfect Green Screen Show" directory for installation
instructions. This mod is provided by Johnline (www.freewebs.com/ricoswavae) and
is used with permission.
- Added controls to enable/disable the Green Screen mod
- Added controls to enable/disable the debris that floats on the ground.
- Included a new "invisible" skin for compatibility with the v6 and v7 BETAS of
GTA:LC.

Vice Studios:

Same except the invisible skin.

The biggest changes in San An are internal, but the Animation/Creation switcher (INSERT/DELETE + A) has been removed, so filming should be MUCH easier now.

Some code cleanup was also done for Vice and Liberty; we've now included a Green Screen map object mod for use with video editors that support compositing. The mod was created by Johnline (he did it in about 30 minutes via GTAF chat!!!), and is included with his gracious permission.

As always, the updates can be found in the first post of this thread, or at our Pawfect Films homepage.

Have fun! rah.gif

GTA Ryder
  • GTA Ryder

a.k.a. RapBoy

• Members

Posted 17 September 2006 - 01:25 PM

Wow... San An Studios is much better now but... I have a question: could you add the 'sit down mod' or the 'hidden interiors mod'?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users