Photo

[News]GTA: Vice City Stores next for PSP

13 replies to this topic
GhostOfGM
  • GhostOfGM

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:00 PM

New applications filed with the US Patent Office indicate that the name of the next installment in Rockstar's PSP line of Grand Theft Auto games will carry the title Vice City Stories. This would make quite a bit of sense, since it would mirror the order that was used on the PS2 in GTA III, GTA Vice City, and GTA San Sndreas. The three patents would cover a game, name and merchandising, and a movie or TV show. No official announcement or confirmation has been made by Rockstar.

Source: PSP World

Liberty Stories was set several years before GTAIII, so would it be possible to see a Vice in the 70's?!

I am most eager about that patent for a Movie/TV Show, as long as it is based soley on what went on in Vice City during the 80's, then I will without a doubt check it out.

pizza guy
  • pizza guy

Power!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:35 PM

Just because they patent the name, doesn't neccessarily mean it will happen, don't jump the gun, until Rockstar - Yes, Rockstar confirm this.

Platinum.
  • Platinum.

El Dinamita

• Zaibatsu

Posted 28 March 2006 - 07:00 AM

Personally I didn't really find the Vice City storyline and map that appealing, but San Andreas Stories would be quality if they are going to release all three places on the PSP.

As for the TV/Movies, I've been waiting for someone to do one on GTA for ages. As long as it's not low bugdet, and has a good director and actors, I'll definitely be watching it (if it ever happens).

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 March 2006 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (Platinum. @ Mar 28 2006, 17:00)
Personally I didn't really find the Vice City storyline and map that appealing, but San Andreas Stories would be quality if they are going to release all three places on the PSP.

Same, Vice City was okay for a while, but it really didn't have the storyline or feel GTA3 had, but SA might not be a bad idea, but i don't think it would be possible. Because the size of a UMB isn't enough to fit a full blown state on. But then again, we wern't exspecting LC to fit on it either. Like i have said many times before, "Anything is possible". I trust Rockstar will make the right choice, and go with ther gut. Then again, mabye it will be an entirly new city all together, we just don't know confused.gif .

As for the TV/Movies, I've been waiting for someone to do one on GTA for ages. As long as it's not low bugdet, and has a good director and actors, I'll definitely be watching it (if it ever happens).

Well thats a good point, Hitman has got a movie coming out soon, and Max Payne the movie is being worked on as well. But the only thing is the script, GTA as a movie will ofcourse not be playable, so it won't have the felling the game has. But add real players from the previous games, locations and weapons from the game and it might not be too bad. I would see it anyway biggrin.gif

The-end
  • The-end

It's time to go home

• Members

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:15 AM

I think they will do a whole collection of ''Gta name'' stories, for the psp.

It could turn out to be good.

Vice city stories-This october
los Santos Stories- Next october
Bad Land Stories-October 2008
Sanfiero Stories-October 2009
Las Ventures Stories 2010, PSP2

I would personaly like them to creatye a new map though, and have the game in present time, like driver 4 is.
- The-end

jarjar
  • jarjar

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (The-end @ Mar 28 2006, 21:15)
I think they will do a whole collection of ''Gta name'' stories, for the psp.

It could turn out to be good.

Vice city stories-This october
los Santos Stories- Next october

I would personaly like them to create a new map though, and have the game in present time, like driver 4 is.
- The-end

Yeah, i don't know. That seams like a waste of time and money if you ask me. I would only like too see one or two more GTA games on the PSP. But 5, yeah, dosen't seam right to me. Mabye if it was on computer and they could be added on to eacher like the Sims are to make one big game, then it would be okay, but that isn't possible with the PSP. So good idea, but i don't think Rockstar will do that. smile.gif

FiShMaStEr
  • FiShMaStEr

GATTACA!

• Members

Posted 28 March 2006 - 02:03 PM

Eh, personally I enjoyed Vice City, story was fun, interesting and I loved the music and radio, only thing that lacked for me was hills in the land, other then that i loved it, flying down the main street on a bike then hitting a jump right at the end or pulling a hard right to narrowly avoid a car while flying into a building.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 March 2006 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (FiShMaStEr @ Mar 28 2006, 14:03)
Eh, personally I enjoyed Vice City, story was fun, interesting and I loved the music and radio, only thing that lacked for me was hills in the land, other then that i loved it, flying down the main street on a bike then hitting a jump right at the end or pulling a hard right to narrowly avoid a car while flying into a building.

My thoughts exactly.

In my opinion Vice City has been the best GTA game to date. I simply love the 80's - the music, the clothes and the culture all made Vice City the coolest city in GTA.

If they do indeed proceed with Vice City stories I sincerely hope they make it late 70's/early 80's.

None of this 90's tosh.

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (caponester @ Mar 28 2006, 14:55)
QUOTE (FiShMaStEr @ Mar 28 2006, 14:03)

My thoughts exactly.

In my opinion Vice City has been the best GTA game to date. I simply love the 80's - the music, the clothes and the culture all made Vice City the coolest city in GTA.

If they do indeed proceed with Vice City stories I sincerely hope they make it late 70's/early 80's.

None of this 90's tosh.

Yeah I agree 100%

<3 Vice City

but I didn't like San Andreas that much because it was very dark and foggy... Vice City's sun made it look sexy! -kthx

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:45 PM

Back when I was playing Vice City I always thought what it would be like if Rockstar made a game where we revisited it 5 years later or something.

I have to admit that I haven't completed Vice City but I reckon that Phil Cassidy would be the most likely person they will use to be the main character (unless I missed something due to not completing the story.

Maybe 5 years on that statue that Pastor Richards wanted built is now standing tall on Prawn Island, maybe Avery Carrington has built a new group of buildings over the Haitian's turf and now the Haitians want revenge, maybe Alex Shrub's replacement is just as crooked as his predecessor and maybe Candy Suxxx is still doing her 'thing'.

I for one am looking forward to Vice City Stories.

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (Pandazoot @ Mar 28 2006, 15:45)
I reckon that Phil Cassidy would be the most likely person they will use to be the main character (unless I missed something due to not completing the story.

It's going to be a bit hard firing a rocket launcher with one hand you know. turn.gif
VCS sounds nice, I always wondered how VC would look like if it was set in present day. But we have Driv3r for that.

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 28 March 2006 - 06:27 PM

Ah, and that just proves I completed the story happy.gif

Venom
  • Venom

Zpider-Man

• Zaibatsu
  • England

Posted 28 March 2006 - 06:58 PM

Thank god for;
Los Santos Stories- Next october

I was wondering how they would even consider fitting SA in one Handheld game.. It's a good idea, and It'll be cool to see how this all works.. I liked Vice the best and it seemed to have the best theme to it, so it'll be hard to match that and also come up with a good enough storyline, Vercetti was good, but seemed a little too much like Scarface.

Vito Leone
  • Vito Leone

$$h for life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 March 2006 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (Venom @ Mar 28 2006, 18:58)
Thank god for;
Los Santos Stories- Next october

I was wondering how they would even consider fitting SA in one Handheld game.. It's a good idea, and It'll be cool to see how this all works.. I liked Vice the best and it seemed to have the best theme to it, so it'll be hard to match that and also come up with a good enough storyline, Vercetti was good, but seemed a little too much like Scarface.

actually if they ever made after VCS you can be sure it'll be for the PSP2. And yeah, VC is the best city in the GTA series. Hell, Id play it right now if my hands weren't patched up.

VCS would most likely be right before or right after the vercetti empire. Guys, no late 70's. Come on, late 70's should be San Fierro or something. But VC doesnt fit the late 70's theme.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users