• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic
Alfresco
  • Alfresco

Admit Nothing. Deny Everything. Make Counter Accusations

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:37 PM

I know this was talked about seriously other than the april fools, but is it something still being considered?

I honestly think its a good idea, this network must do nothing but make a loss for Tank, and to have people subscribe for premium membership with certain privilages would be a good way to limit that dent.

There are thousands of regular members here, even if only 100 went for it, it surely would help?

Personally I think there should be an age limit on something like this as I'm sure people wouldn't want to pay money and then have a private forum with some nooby rich kid

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• None

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:40 PM

I'd help fund, but tbh I wouldn't want to gain anything more for it other than longer GTANet uptime.

<3D

Alfresco
  • Alfresco

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:45 PM

Well yeah same as, but getting a privilage or two would draw more people to it I think.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 13 March 2006 - 01:12 PM Edited by Waddy, 13 March 2006 - 01:59 PM.

It would have its perks of course.

Some would join, some wouldnt.
Some will say "Screw you, Im not paying you sh*t"

Some will say "Ok, ill join up"

The point being it would and should be a choice, Premium members may have a few extra little perks but not loads.
Plus I dont see why it isnt even offered, whats there to lose? Why not atleast have it as an option and whoever may end up paying into it, then thats good for Tank et al who could benefit, its not like it would be shoved down everyones throats "Join or be banned" It would just be an option. Seems a win win for the board owner(s), I dont see why its never been put inplace.

An age limit would probably be automatic considering the average age of new members to the site.

kingvercetti
  • kingvercetti

Is this the real life?

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 March 2006 - 06:17 PM

dontgetit.gif

You mean it isn't offered? No wonder I couldn't find it...

It is actually a good idea, but if it isn't offered and there's currently no perks, how come I see some members floating around with Premium Membership...?

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 13 March 2006 - 07:07 PM

how come I see some members floating around with Premium Membership...?

remnants of jokes past.

Some Premium Membership Pros/Cons if we had it;
Pros - money to go for a server that isn't a toaster.
Cons - If you think the members are arrogant NOW, wait until the ones contributing $$$ get into an argument.

Although i'd rather buy gtanet merchandise, like t-shirts and (hot)coffee cups, than have the "premium membership" idea implemented.

Case in point, gtaf's persistent timing out just made me triple post mad.gif

Alfresco
  • Alfresco

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 13 March 2006 - 07:11 PM

the premium membership before was a prank. for april fools.

Edit: lol Dexx.

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Cyclop have 9 years

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:11 AM

I want some merchandise. Screw paying, besides, MMMS said I was a Premium Member when I did those special services for him.

Nah, seriously. I'll set up T-shirt printing and little cost to myself. I'll also see what else I can do.

BroDan
  • BroDan

Jesus Saves!

• Zaibatsu

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:20 AM

I'd rather just whack a "Donate now" button somewhere tounge.gif

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Cyclop have 9 years

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:33 AM

Your no fun BroDan. Wouldn't you rather have a tshirt with Illy Pissing on Jack Thompson, courtesy of GTAForums for only 9 payments of $99.99 and if you sign up now wil throw in another 12 payments of $120.99. Pay by cash, COD, check or Credit card. Sorry no refunds. Only delivered on payment off all payments.

Buy Now.

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 14 March 2006 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (Iminicus @ Mar 14 2006, 08:33)
Your no fun BroDan. Wouldn't you rather have a tshirt with Illy Pissing on Jack Thompson, courtesy of GTAForums for only 9 payments of $99.99 and if you sign up now wil throw in another 12 payments of $120.99. Pay by cash, COD, check or Credit card. Sorry no refunds. Only delivered on payment off all payments.

Buy Now.

Sounds like a good deal. Or definately in some way have some sort of money coming from those who want to to those paying currently.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:03 AM

What's the easiest way (if any) for an under-18 to donate/transfer cash on the internet? I've got very little knowledge on the matter.

I'd certainly be willing to donate a few bucks every now and then - I wouldn't buy a T-shirt or whatever though. tounge.gif

Raindancer
  • Raindancer

Beer monster

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:19 AM

Would you buy somthing like this?

user posted image

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

EZ5

• United-States

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:44 AM

Well Raindancer I think it would look better on the chick in your sig than it would on me. I took a plain tee shirt and wrote in black permanent marker "GTAF" on the front and wore it around Kings Island for one day last year. Why? Because everyone else that goes to theme parks wear their favorite trendy tee shirt and I just don't have one.

BroDan
  • BroDan

Jesus Saves!

• Zaibatsu

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (Raindancer @ Mar 14 2006, 09:19)

user posted image

White t-shirts = lose.

Raindancer
  • Raindancer

Beer monster

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 14 March 2006 - 10:57 AM

I do them in pink too inlove.gif

This is just a quick 3 minute draft of what a GTAF T-Shirt could look like. my question is, if T-Shirts / mouse mats / Napalm was for sale, would you guys buy it?

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:11 AM

The donate thing wouldnt work, a few would, for a few times etc, wouldnt last.

Dex brings up a good point, paying members would think they have the right to escape warnings/bannings etc, this could be stopped by having a statement pop up when joining the Premium members, you know "I agree to the terms and conditions" kinda thing, in those conditions it states that you pay for other perks and not the perk of being a Tw*t around the forums.

I dont know what it would take to set up, maybe its a load of work to do, I dont know. But if its offered as a choice, what has anyone got to lose?

The t-shirt idea etc could even be financed by this.

Alfresco
  • Alfresco

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:15 AM Edited by Alfresco, 14 March 2006 - 11:48 AM.

Bare in mind a store products cost money. Granted not a lot in bulk, but its still a cost eatting into any profits.

unless you use a store like cafepress? which suck

Edit: also I'm pretty sure all the money should go into sorting something out so this f*cking forum works for more than 5mins at a time monocle.gif

Raindancer
  • Raindancer

Beer monster

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 14 March 2006 - 01:51 PM

It took me 25mins last night to lock a thread. I would be happy to give Tank a few notes to fix it!

Luke
  • Luke

suckmyrocket

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 14 March 2006 - 03:50 PM

Considering the cost of server(s) & bandwidth there'd be little chance of any money leftover, it would purely be supporting the network costs. Hence things such as t-shirts which cost money in the first place to setup are unlikely to go well.

I'm in favour of subscription for some of the services which are offered easily though, image hosting and that sort of stuff.

Alfresco
  • Alfresco

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 14 March 2006 - 04:29 PM

agreed.

Right. hop to it then. tounge.gif

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 14 March 2006 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (Raindancer @ Mar 14 2006, 09:19)

user posted image

White t-shirts = lose.

he has a point. i prefer dark shirts, with simple designs, like these;

user posted image
user posted image

not these exactly obviously, im just illustrating a point.

pizza guy
  • pizza guy

Power!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 March 2006 - 09:17 PM

I'd happily pay for premium membership, I mean, this is one of the few websites I go to daily, and have fun posting on. catspider.gif

Pilate
  • Pilate

Big Homie

• The Precinct

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:31 AM

I'd be more than willing to buy gtaf merch, so long as it doesn't suck ass. But god knows we have ample graphical talent here.
Set up a contest for a tee-shirt design, and give the winner a free shirt.
Then start printing the rest.

Also for premium membership it could be kind of cool.
Examples of privileges for members:
-Can be in an offical gang(but not automatically)
-Can have a sig and av.
-Can change their own member titles
-Other stuff.

Something like $10 a year is easy for any one to give up. For the under age folks, well I don't know. Get their mom's to buy.

holdenrulz
  • holdenrulz

Trick

• Members

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE (Pilate @ Mar 15 2006, 11:31)

Also for premium membership it could be kind of cool.
Examples of privileges for members:
-Can be in an offical gang(but not automatically)
-Can have a sig and av.
-Can change their own member titles
-Other stuff.
Something like $10 a year is easy for any one to give up. For the under age folks, well I don't know. Get their mom's to buy.

Firstly I don't think any of those examples would work without alienating most of the forum and it's unfair for those such as myself that cannot pay online. I would prefer the only privledges be something like a email with @gtaforums.com or image hosting something that the rest of the forums don't have. hell even just a T-shirt for members would be good.
That and the possible legal implications say someone became banned after paying membership they might sue Tank even if they fail it would still be expensive.

I prefer Mechandise and a please donate button, But then again I would love to have a GTAF Bedspread colgate.gif , But there is the problem of Copyright Infrigement Rockstar's Beancounters may not be happy that we may be profitting off the GTA franchise.
Still I think a Please Donate Button would at least provide a way for those that can to send some money for the cost's.

Iminicus
  • Iminicus

Cyclop have 9 years

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 March 2006 - 04:08 AM

I would willing print up tshirts at no expense to myself. I don't mind. In fact, it might force me to print up some other sh*t also. Plus, if I did contribute like that, I could cheaply send them to Aussie and over NZ, and even Asia. Anyway, tell me more.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 15 March 2006 - 10:53 AM

I think with Premium membership and also T-shirts, caps etc, would all do well.

But I think they could both work for eachother, Ok, the powers that be (The wallet) have not bothered with the premium membership idea, why, I dont know, but they must have reasons, ie they are to busy, to rich, not wanting the extra hassle etc etc. So if this is the case, can it not be launched to fund T-shirts etc? I think most members would buy some kind of GTA stuff, Funny quotes could be put on them etc etc, would be awesome, imagine seeing someone in the street with GTAF stuff on. Kick ass. And the money made would go towards the site.

XcR
  • XcR

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:09 AM

If this ever did happen I'd most likely buy some stuff to support the site. A black T-Shirt with the GTANet logo and 'irc.gtanet.com' would be the one for me.. something like this:

user posted image

f3llah1n
  • f3llah1n

God

• Members

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:50 AM

I'd say for now just stick up a PayPal button, then have a sort of "Donation Leaderboard" like other sites do. Also, if you donate something along the lines of $5 you get a "Donator" logo below where Karma stars would be.

Although T-shirts and such would be a nice diea, they would cost money to make them, then you have the problem of people living all 'round the world (shipping).

Although any t-shirts taking the piss out of Thompson / Clinton wouldn't hurt monocle.gif

Alfresco
  • Alfresco

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:10 PM

On a side note, F3ll[tab] your font sucks

@ XcR lol you geek. ... still, i'd buy one though ph34r.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users