CJs mom killed, why?!?

229 replies to this topic
Arthazzz
  • Arthazzz

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 March 2006 - 05:19 PM

They werre after sweet...
Ryder and smoke werre involved, but they didn't drive the sabre coz someone could see them, so CRASH send some ballas to do the dirty work.
The ballas didn't know, that sweet moved out from ma's house.
That would explain a lot of things... Art.

dbrown486
  • dbrown486

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 02:23 AM Edited by dbrown486, 12 March 2006 - 02:26 AM.

QUOTE (Arthazzz @ Mar 11 2006, 17:19)
Ryder and smoke werre involved, but they didn't drive the sabre coz someone could see them, so CRASH send some ballas to do the dirty work.
That would explain a lot of things...    Art.

The ballas didn't know? Why wouldn't they? Smoke was in on it. They had all the intel on the Johnson clan they needed to do the hit succefully. It would be a good explanation if the ballas didn't have an inside man . dozingoff.gif

dbrown486
  • dbrown486

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE (Alegzander @ Mar 11 2006, 13:19)
I always thought:

A) To get back at Sweet

B) To pull CJ out of Liberty City to kill him.

rampage_ani.gif SPOILERS MAY FOLLOW, DONT READ IF YOU FEAR THEM!!! rampage_ani.gif

What do they need to get back at Sweet for? OGF wasn't into the drug trade mainly due to Sweet so they were no competition on the business side. They were lacking weapons, most of them had been killed in wars, and 1 of their major leaders was a traitor. The Grove St. boys, under Sweet's leadership, were dying and becoming a nonpower.

As far as CJ goes, why bring him back? He was in another city commiting petty crimes and would eventually have died due to his own activities anyway.

Nope, doesn't add up...

dbrown486
  • dbrown486

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (monkeyman237 @ Mar 11 2006, 13:40)

I agree with Mainland, and anyways it's just part of the story.

I understand a lot of people hold that point of view, that the story and background aren't important as long as the game is fun. I take the total opposite view. I believe that a good, logical storyline makes the game reality more plausible and therefore improves my ability to immerse myself in the experience. Take a look at the Thief, Deus Ex, or Half Life series of games if you want to see how this is done RIGHT!

dbrown486
  • dbrown486

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 02:42 AM

QUOTE (AndySerb @ Mar 11 2006, 08:08)
lol i always thought Smoke killed Cj's mom -RSB

That would be an interesting twist! Smoke killed Beverly because she wouldn't put out!!!

On a side note, why was Smoke in the Johnson house at the beginning of the game?!?!? confused.gif

dbrown486
  • dbrown486

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE (Mainland Marauder @ Mar 6 2006, 03:15)
Q: Why was CJ's mom killed?

A: Because if she hadn't been, CJ would have stayed in Liberty City, and GTA: San Andreas would have never happened.

Works well enough for me.

Hmmm... They way everybody loves Liberty City around here, and since LC has street gangs also, R* could have just as easily have situated CJ in LC. Just without all the family crap.

Of course instead of going to Las Venturas, CJ could have gone to Los Santos instead.

That would have made it a lot easier to interact with all the old LC storylines...

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 02:50 AM

We do have an edit button here mate, there's no need to post several times when replying to several members posts.

x0x h3ll x0x
  • x0x h3ll x0x

barrel of monkeys

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 03:08 AM

Brian & Beverly Johnson

Brian was Carl’s younger brother, who was killed in an accident five years ago. Carl let Brian die, and Sweet blames Carl for his death. Beverly is CJ's deceased mother. She was killed accidently during a Balla drive-by shooting when they were actually aiming for Sweet. She was always very proud of her children.

These two characters do not feature in the game although they are mentioned on several ocassions.

PaulCain01
  • PaulCain01

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 03:22 AM

If you think about the blood and the crips,then you get the point.sweet,cj,smoke,brian,big bear are all in a GSF.The ballas and the groove streets family hate each other.so the only to way to get rid of gfs its to kill the main leaders,that's sweet next to him is brian n cj.he went to liberty city.Tenpenny have the ballas do the job for him,that is to kill sweet,it accidently kill his mom.cj returns to resolve what just happens.

zzzzz3102
  • zzzzz3102

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 March 2006 - 04:11 AM

exactly wat i been tryin to say, cjs mom was killed accidently, not for any reason, it was only to take out sweet.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

🇯🇲 🇬🇭 🇯🇲

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Most Valuable Player 2014
    Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 12 March 2006 - 08:36 AM

i dont understand what that means""you let brian die'' and ''he died in an accident?? what he was killed by a random car droven by drunk driver or a gang killed him Accidently????????

ajkhan316`
  • ajkhan316`

CSMY : Saiko Komon

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE (AndySerb @ Mar 12 2006, 17:36)
i dont understand what that means""you let brian die'' and ''he died in an accident?? what he was killed by a random car droven by drunk driver or a gang killed him Accidently????????

I think CJ was driving the car and there was an accident and Brian died. After that CJ ran away from SA. Since then Sweet blames CJ for Brians death. At least thats what I think happened.
- AJ Khan

OCDee
  • OCDee

Pedantic Bitch

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 12 March 2006 - 09:13 AM

Lemme Think through a sec.

OG's hang around with their Friends. Sweet and Smoke(or maybe Ryder, but that is doubtfull as he usally is being High on Crack or pot or whatever sh*t he uses) Maybe standing in the grove hanging out with some guys... standing outside of his house.

His Mom Walking Was going to walk over to the house to tell sweet that she gonna buy some groceries or whatever.

the balla, or Tenpenny or whoever wants to kill her ,and has the worst aim ever and is a bit loose fingered. she is slain down because she uses some green t-shirt , which he son has said was popular, and everyone gotta wear.

otherwise , all games secrets is based on Lack on information.

Alegzander
  • Alegzander

Subtle

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (dbrown486 @ Mar 12 2006, 02:34)
QUOTE (Alegzander @ Mar 11 2006, 13:19)
I always thought:

A) To get back at Sweet

B) To pull CJ out of Liberty City to kill him.

rampage_ani.gif SPOILERS MAY FOLLOW, DONT READ IF YOU FEAR THEM!!! rampage_ani.gif

What do they need to get back at Sweet for? OGF wasn't into the drug trade mainly due to Sweet so they were no competition on the business side. They were lacking weapons, most of them had been killed in wars, and 1 of their major leaders was a traitor. The Grove St. boys, under Sweet's leadership, were dying and becoming a nonpower.

As far as CJ goes, why bring him back? He was in another city commiting petty crimes and would eventually have died due to his own activities anyway.

Nope, doesn't add up...

O...kay?

I just thought maybe someone wanted to kill off the Grove street families or something...

dbrown486
  • dbrown486

Rat

• Members

Posted 12 March 2006 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (AndySerb @ Mar 12 2006, 08:36)

This is one of my big complaints with R* regarding the backstory. Brians death isn't really fleshed out even in the new intro. This is such a major part of the Sweet/CJ conflict but you're given no info aside from Sweets ranting all the time. Funny thing is, Kendl rarely mentions it at all. It makes me think that Sweet set up some gangster sh*t that went wrong, probably due to his own stupidity and instead of taking the responsibility as the leader of the gang, he hung it on CJ. Why do I say that? Because nobody else blamed CJ for anything but leaving. Being responsible for getting a homie or a relative killed is a lot more serious than running off somewhere. Ah well...

GTA3Freak-2001  Posted on Mar 12 2006, 02:50
  We do have an edit button here mate, there's no need to post several times when replying to several members posts.

Thanks for your help GTA3Freak. So aside from the minor correction, do you have some CONTENT to add to the discussion mate?

Arthazzz
  • Arthazzz

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 March 2006 - 12:38 PM Edited by Arthazzz, 13 March 2006 - 12:55 PM.

QUOTE (dbrown486 @ Mar 12 2006, 04:23)
QUOTE (Arthazzz @ Mar 11 2006, 17:19)
That would explain a lot of things...    Art.

The ballas didn't know? Why wouldn't they? Smoke was in on it. They had all the intel on the Johnson clan they needed to do the hit succefully. It would be a good explanation if the ballas didn't have an inside man . dozingoff.gif

I'm saying that smoke told them the place where sweet was living, but they forgot it and screwed up... blink.gif

Or mabie sweet lived there AT THE MOMENT, but when his mom died, it was too much for him, he decited to move out and try to forget...

what was smoke doing in Johnson's house?

he ran out of food and went to the Johnson's house to find some more. Nobody was home, so he figured, what the heck? lol.gif
Art.

Cuse
  • Cuse

0_0

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 March 2006 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (zzzzz3102 @ Mar 11 2006, 02:09)
ur a dumb ass, how could it be driven by sweet if he was in a different house when the johnson house was shot up. he would have had been able to park that car really quick out of site, then run over to the house, and he couldnt be that fast since right after the drive by he runs to the house.

Ya um I wasn't being serious ZZ top whatsthat.gif

Stezza
  • Stezza

Thug

• Members

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE (Arthazzz @ Mar 13 2006, 12:38)
what was smoke doing in Johnson's house?

he ran out of food and went to the Johnson's house to find some more. Nobody was home, so he figured, what the heck? lol.gif
Art.

IMFAO!!! That's a Kramer Classic (If youse don't know what I'm talking about, in 'Seinfeld', Kramer always can be found in Jerry's apartment because he has no food at his apartment.)

-Stef

Balla for life
  • Balla for life

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2006 - 04:24 AM

happy.gif I forgot

Nick000
  • Nick000

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 June 2006 - 04:48 AM

QUOTE (Balla for life @ Jun 22 2006, 23:24)
happy.gif I forgot

It was supposedly some Ballas in a drive-by, bu they were trying to kill Sweet.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 June 2006 - 04:49 AM

I think it was some ballas who killed CJ's Mom.

I forget, cause I haven't played SA in almost a year.

Balla for life
  • Balla for life

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2006 - 04:55 AM

My friend's told me it was ryder and smoke happy.gif

atwyatt
  • atwyatt

• Members

Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:39 PM

It was Big Smoke wasn't it? He was the one driving the green sabre. That's the irony of it all, ie. in the beginning when Smoke is talking with CJ in the car in one of the missions, he says something like "... and people aren't who you think they are," or something like that, alluding in a subtle way to himself.

There are a lot of places early in the game where they allude to Smoke's guilt as a 'traitor' to Grove Street families (ie. Drive By - 'why weren't you shooting back there?') and also (possibly) as the one that killed CJ's mom / the one driving the green sabre.

I was looking for the quote in the gamefaqs script, but that is clearly missing some quotes. (Ie. ~"If you can eat your food while everyone else is losing theirs...")

Rude_boy
  • Rude_boy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2006 - 01:53 PM Edited by Rude_boy, 23 June 2006 - 01:57 PM.

I'm not sure it was Ryder and Big Smoke themselves.

It was just two Ballas, but the hit was planned more or less by Smoke and Ryder.

Balla for life
  • Balla for life

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2006 - 02:02 PM

Why did they kill her weren't they going to kill sweet happy.gif

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 23 June 2006 - 02:32 PM

If you watch The Introduction you will find that it was 2 Ballas in a green sabre and I don't believe that Sweet was the specific target as the Ballas just shot at the house (and through the window) unfortunately CJ's mum was there at the time and died. Sweet was somewhere else at the time but arrives at the scene shortly after with Kendl.

pbarb
  • pbarb

Savage bout my Cabbage

• Members

Posted 23 June 2006 - 06:10 PM

I thought Tenpenny had somethin to do with it too, or was that the death of CJ's brother? I can't remember...

Banana
  • Banana

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2006 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (pbarb @ Jun 23 2006, 13:10)
I thought Tenpenny had somethin to do with it too, or was that the death of CJ's brother? I can't remember...

no tenpenny frames carl for the death of a cop

GM Dude
  • GM Dude

Back in da hizzouse, ya'll!

• Members

Posted 27 November 2006 - 03:17 AM

I'm serious.

palaric8
  • palaric8

pEAcE And lOve YEAHhH!!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 November 2006 - 03:24 AM