Photo

vertical bird question

8 replies to this topic
quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:09 AM

hey, i just beat vertical bird. it was REALLY easy this time because no jets came after me. has this ever happened to anyone?

pdescobar
  • pdescobar

Conformist Scum Panda

• Members

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE (quartet1977 @ Feb 22 2006, 23:09)
hey, i just beat vertical bird. it was REALLY easy this time because no jets came after me. has this ever happened to anyone?

1 jet should always come after you in addition to any of the ones below deck you don't destroy before you take off. So you generally have 1, 2, or 3 pursuers. I've not heard of zero jets coming after you, but I suppose it may be possible for them to crash just after spawning or something.

quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:22 AM

it was weird. i got the cutscene where i was told to "prepare to be vaporized," but no jets. i just played it again, and three showed up like usual. go figure.

ajkhan316`
  • ajkhan316`

CSMY : Saiko Komon

• Members

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (quartet1977 @ Feb 23 2006, 13:22)
it was weird. i got the cutscene where i was told to "prepare to be vaporized," but no jets. i just played it again, and three showed up like usual. go figure.

If you got that cut-scene, then the jets did come after you. But they must have destroyed each other or hit something else and blown up before getting a chance to shoot you down. I have had that happen to me a few times when only 1 jet comes after me but never when all 3 jets did. You must have gotten pretty lucky. i doubt that will happen to you again tounge.gif .
- FiJiAn 4 LiFe

quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:51 AM

QUOTE (ajkhan316` @ Feb 22 2006, 23:44)
QUOTE (quartet1977 @ Feb 23 2006, 13:22)

If you got that cut-scene, then the jets did come after you. But they must have destroyed each other or hit something else and blown up before getting a chance to shoot you down. I have had that happen to me a few times when only 1 jet comes after me but never when all 3 jets did. You must have gotten pretty lucky. i doubt that will happen to you again tounge.gif .
- FiJiAn 4 LiFe

they are such easy targets. i kind of missed them. ha

crazyanurag
  • crazyanurag

okthxbai

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:15 AM

well, the number of jets coming after you depends on how many of them you destroyed while on the ship...before getting on the Hydra, if you destroy the other two parked there, only one jet will spawn to chase you...

now, if you stay in helicopter mode and hover around the bridge, taking care to move steadily and not sharply, the 'enemy jets' try and keep circling you, and in the process have a good chance of hitting the bridge(s). this has happened a few times with me...the first time i played this, i wondered what the fuss was all about with "Vertical Bird"....but i've never had 3 jets chase me, so...

You'll Never Walk Alone

quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 February 2006 - 02:54 PM

i tried destroying them once but accidentally blew up the jet i needed. at least that's how i remember my first attempt at vertical bird. now i just let them come after me. i hover, use countermeasures when necessary, and just wait til i can target them. i used to really suck at flying missions, but this one was never a problem for me. it's one of my favorite missions, and the rewards are extraordinary - all those heavy weapons and the hydra.

myke323
  • myke323

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (quartet1977 @ Feb 23 2006, 04:09)

yes! that happened to me. i completed that mission on the 1st try and was rather surprised by that. what happened was 3 planes came after me, but they were all gone before i even saw 1. when i read that they were coming, i paused the game to read the brief and it already said that 2 were destroyed; then i went back to the game and then it said the last one was destroyed, so i never even saw them... good thing too coz that plane was hard as hell to control, i was barely able to blow up the ships....

quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 February 2006 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (myke323 @ Feb 23 2006, 16:37)
QUOTE (quartet1977 @ Feb 23 2006, 04:09)

yes! that happened to me. i completed that mission on the 1st try and was rather surprised by that. what happened was 3 planes came after me, but they were all gone before i even saw 1. when i read that they were coming, i paused the game to read the brief and it already said that 2 were destroyed; then i went back to the game and then it said the last one was destroyed, so i never even saw them... good thing too coz that plane was hard as hell to control, i was barely able to blow up the ships....

the first couple times i played VB i couldn't figure out the controls to change from hover to thrust or whatever they're called. i just hovered a while, fired my missiles, then flew - very slowly - to the ships as if i were flying a helicopter: nose pointed down. it was awkward but i eventually got to the spot and blew up the spy ships. whenever i see VB requests, i think i should suggest people try flying that way, because if you suck at flying, like i used to, doing it that way makes it a lot easier although slower.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users