Photo

LCS-PS2

133 replies to this topic
PRob
  • PRob

Aspiring Author

• Members

Posted 27 May 2006 - 08:37 PM

Though a few additions like swimming would've been nice, I'll still be getting this game because...

1) I don't have a PSP
2) Liberty City is my favourite GTA city
and
3) It's Liberty City... with Motorbikes.

The fact that it'll only be £15/£20 (depending on which source you choose to believe) seals the deal for me.

TruXter
  • TruXter

retXurT

• Members

Posted 28 May 2006 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE (PRob @ May 27 2006, 20:37)
Though a few additions like swimming would've been nice, I'll still be getting this game because...

1) I don't have a PSP
2) Liberty City is my favourite GTA city
and
3) It's Liberty City... with Motorbikes.

The fact that it'll only be £15/£20 (depending on which source you choose to believe) seals the deal for me.

and you forgot to add.. that you wont be hunched over squinting at the carpaltunnel machine telling yourself " this is a great handheld "

i am a man.. i am errect I look forward.... not down...

sure it is convenient on a subway (if you dont get killed for it)
to play teh game and make the ride seem shorter (like you
can get a seat or something).. but I live io=n texas I have a car I drive.

and paying 260 usd for that brick is just stupid to me..

$14 for a revamped 5 year old game, is a hell of a deal especially with better controlls.

I will buy the pc version if and win it comes out... till then I might have to convert my own ps2 version to pc

and not release it to anyone.... of course.

deadman28
  • deadman28

Free Agent!

• Members

Posted 28 May 2006 - 09:30 AM

whens lcs comin out because i pre-ordered it on play.com and it said it was comin out 9th june now it says 23rd june suicidal.gif as on game website it still says its comin out on 9th june! When is lcs really coming out? dontgetit.gif

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 28 May 2006 - 12:16 PM

Well it was given a release date of 6th June (U.S.A) and 9th June (Europe).

But I was in a local GAME today and they had the 23rd June hand written on their pre-oder boxes. However their website still says the 9th June.

amazon.co.uk are also sticking to the release date of 9th June.

I went on play.com to check what you had said, and sure enough they have changed to the 23rd June. Woolworths is also going with that date.

Others such as HMV, Virgin, gamestation and ign.com all stick with the original date.

Rockstar is still just saying June, but this is worrying news.

deadman28
  • deadman28

Free Agent!

• Members

Posted 29 May 2006 - 10:00 PM

still no confirmation on when GTA LCS for da PS2 is coming out! sad.gif Well lets look on the bright side at least Rockstar will release LCS on the PS2 tounge.gif ... well i hope they do suicidal.gif

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 29 May 2006 - 10:39 PM

Taking out multiplayer is stupid...if anything they should've added a few more modes to the already existing ones. I was looking into getting a PS2 Network Adapter for this game, but not anymore I guess. I'll still buy the game though.

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

The trespasser of dimensions.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2006 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (deadman28 @ May 29 2006, 22:00)
still no confirmation on when GTA LCS for da PS2 is coming out! sad.gif Well lets look on the bright side at least Rockstar will release LCS on the PS2 tounge.gif ... well i hope they do suicidal.gif

How not?It's scheduled to be out June 6 on the US and June 9 in Europe..

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 30 May 2006 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (williamcampbell @ May 30 2006, 03:37)
still no confirmation on when GTA LCS for da PS2 is coming out! sad.gif Well lets look on the bright side at least Rockstar will release LCS on the PS2 tounge.gif ... well i hope they do  suicidal.gif

Read above, we know it was said to be those 2 dates but recent findings are hinting that it may have been delayed.

We will have to wait and see.

Sid-Vicious
  • Sid-Vicious

'In The Navy' -Portland Dockworker

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 30 May 2006 - 05:59 PM

Well im not buying LCS just to use a bike around Liberty City, and its dumb to take out the helicopters and airplanes, which i love using, and if they dont add anything new it will be disappointing. LCS was a portable version, now its coming for PS2 which has better graphs and stuff, and why not taking advantage of that and changing or adding stuff?

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 30 May 2006 - 07:12 PM

I think the reasons behind it are the possibility of R* feeling guilty.

The game was meant to be exclusive to PSP and a lot of people bought the console just for LCS. When it was announced that it was coming to PS2 a lot of people were upset and complained. With the removal of multiplayer they are basically saying the PSP version is better than the PS2 version.

I personally am not bothered that multiplayer is taken out, only thing I wanted was the ability to get air vehicles at anytime and not just for missions. But I stand by my pervious statements that £19.99 for a GTA game is a bargain, even if it is a port.

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2006 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (saintdave @ May 30 2006, 09:52)
QUOTE (williamcampbell @ May 30 2006, 03:37)
still no confirmation on when GTA LCS for da PS2 is coming out! sad.gif Well lets look on the bright side at least Rockstar will release LCS on the PS2 tounge.gif ... well i hope they do  suicidal.gif

Read above, we know it was said to be those 2 dates but recent findings are hinting that it may have been delayed.

We will have to wait and see.

Oh, I see. Well, June 6's almost there and nothing about the release date being delayed was said yet..So I guess we'll get it June 6/June 9...But You never know with R*...

cindah
  • cindah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 May 2006 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (saintdave @ May 30 2006, 19:12)

The game was meant to be exclusive to PSP and a lot of people bought the console just for LCS. When it was announced that it was coming to PS2 a lot of people were upset and complained. With the removal of multiplayer they are basically saying the PSP version is better than the PS2 version.

I personally am not bothered that multiplayer is taken out, only thing I wanted was the ability to get air vehicles at anytime and not just for missions. But I stand by my pervious statements that £19.99 for a GTA game is a bargain, even if it is a port.

yes, of course. I'm happy for a LCS port to PS2. I do own a PSP, and ironically, I do about 95% of my PSP gaming from the same room that my PS2 is in. I'm not going to play a PSP game on the subway, or while being a passenger in a car. I consider this the 4th PS2 GTA game, even though this one revisits Liberty City. It's just another PS2 GTA to enjoy the story of and get 100% in.

Sid-Vicious
  • Sid-Vicious

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 30 May 2006 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (cindah @ May 30 2006, 19:52)
QUOTE (saintdave @ May 30 2006, 19:12)

yes, of course. I'm happy for a LCS port to PS2. I do own a PSP, and ironically, I do about 95% of my PSP gaming from the same room that my PS2 is in. I'm not going to play a PSP game on the subway, or while being a passenger in a car. I consider this the 4th PS2 GTA game, even though this one revisits Liberty City. It's just another PS2 GTA to enjoy the story of and get 100% in.

Yeah, but it bothers me not to have airplanes, helicopters, not being able to swim, etc.. they need to improve the game and not just give us the same game just converted for the PS2.

Mclenz
  • Mclenz

Jack Bauer

• Members

Posted 30 May 2006 - 11:22 PM

In the UK it's been pushed to the 23rd, thank god i live in PA.

I have no clue if these are PSP or PS2, my assumption is PS2 since you see a character crougching i none of the pics.
http://img154.images...eenshots7uq.jpg

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2006 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (Mclenz @ May 30 2006, 23:22)
In the UK it's been pushed to the 23rd, thank god i live in PA.

I have no clue if these are PSP or PS2, my assumption is PS2 since you see a character crougching i none of the pics.
http://img154.images...eenshots7uq.jpg

Yep, these are the screens from this month's issue of PSW..They say they are from the PS2 version..And as You said, in one of the pics, Toni is crouching..Well, at least 1 new thing..

deadman28
  • deadman28

Free Agent!

• Members

Posted 31 May 2006 - 09:09 AM

Why do you think R* delayed GTA LCS? dozingoff.gif I'm getting frustrated now since they keep on delaying the game! mad.gif Well maybe the good thing is that I have more time to relax and watch the World Cup!

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 31 May 2006 - 09:14 AM

williamcampbell is right, they are from issue 82 of PSW.

It is looking bleak for the release date, in the UK at least, most websites dates for the game have changed to the 23rd now.

GAME

Virgin Megastores

amazon.co.uk

If this is confirmed dates then I will be a bit annoyed as this will be the second time it's been delayed. I'd understand if it was a big game like SA, but it's just a direct port, I'd love to know what R* is thinking.

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 31 May 2006 - 02:59 PM

To be honest, i was more excited about this port before than i am now, from looking at those pictures i would of thought they would put some graphic touches to it, although it still looks the same.

It seems they've spent the time to add some crouching in there, so i wonder what else is new.
I expect the draw distance to be amazing and being able to see from one par tof the city to the next. There shouldn't be any extra pop up with the textures either. Although i don't know how they've changed the dumping process from the PSP version over to the PS2 version.

deadman28
  • deadman28

Free Agent!

• Members

Posted 31 May 2006 - 03:08 PM

I hope Rockstar are delaying LCS on the PS2 for a good reason! (Maybe they are adding online compatability for LCS.... I wish) confused.gif

Sid-Vicious
  • Sid-Vicious

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 31 May 2006 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE (deadman28 @ May 31 2006, 15:08)
I hope Rockstar are delaying LCS on the PS2 for a good reason! (Maybe they are adding online compatability for LCS.... I wish) confused.gif

I hope so too dontgetit.gif

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 31 May 2006 - 04:47 PM

There may be light at the end of the tunnel for us European gamers.

On one of my usual hunts for LCS-PS2 information, there is a lot of word/rumour going around that these sudden date changes are the result of some distribution websites messing up the date. However online retailers and general retailers believe the dates to be true which explains the changes.

The U.S release date is still scheduled for the 6th June and I cant see any reason to delay the European date for a second time, especially as it was made by R* Leeds (in England).

Sid-Vicious
  • Sid-Vicious

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 31 May 2006 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (saintdave @ May 31 2006, 16:47)
There may be light at the end of the tunnel for us European gamers.

On one of my usual hunts for LCS-PS2 information, there is a lot of word/rumour going around that these sudden date changes are the result of some distribution websites messing up the date. However online retailers and general retailers believe the dates to be true which explains the changes.

The U.S release date is still scheduled for the 6th June and I cant see any reason to delay the European date for a second time, especially as it was made by R* Leeds (in England).

So does this means there arent any changes in the game? or do you think they will change something about it? mercie_blink.gif

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 31 May 2006 - 06:29 PM

Well we have established that the game hasn’t changed much. The only difference is no multiplayer, slightly better graphics and judging from pictures the ability to crouch.

I don’t think the delay has anything to do with additions to the game either, remember this delay isn’t confirmed yet. But should it be, I would assume it's something to do with the amount of copies available for distribution.

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:29 PM

I think that crouching is bullsh*t. That's just part of the animation when hitting someone.

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:40 PM

Upon closer investigation, I think AdriaanTGP is right..It's not crouching.. confused.gif
Anyway:
"It appears as though Rockstar Games in the UK confirmed this by means of Gamespress (Resource for Games Journalists), who posted the PS2 Liberty City Stories box art yesterday, claiming the release date in the UK got pushed back till the 23rd. The release date in North America still remains June 6."
Source: www.gtaportable.com

cindah
  • cindah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:42 PM

I can access that hi-res PAL box art if anyone wants it.

deadman28
  • deadman28

Free Agent!

• Members

Posted 31 May 2006 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (saintdave @ May 31 2006, 18:29)
Well we have established that the game hasn’t changed much. The only difference is no multiplayer, slightly better graphics and judging from pictures the ability to crouch.

I don’t think the delay has anything to do with additions to the game either, remember this delay isn’t confirmed yet. But should it be, I would assume it's something to do with the amount of copies available for distribution.

No Multiplayer! cryani.gif Well let's hope that Rockstar at least releases the game.. suicidal.gif

TheRealTommyVercetti
  • TheRealTommyVercetti

TheRealTommyVercetti

• Members

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (saintdave @ May 31 2006, 18:29)

Yeah I agree there probably arent enough copies for all the regions, think about it $19.99 its a bargain especially for a GTA Game, everyone is going to get it even those unfamiliar with GTA. Good Way to get people hooked wow.gif
That way Rockstar will make more money!!!! rahkstar2.gif

Adriaan
  • Adriaan

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2006 - 11:13 PM

Game in the UK are offering a limited edition postcard set:

http://www.game.co.u...0246&mid=328008

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:32 PM Edited by Rob_UK, 02 June 2006 - 03:36 PM.

PS2 Trailer

Just carrying some info over from the other topic made in this forum.

Thank InfamousDJ for the link. icon14.gif

I also think that the sound effects of the cars and engines have changed slightly, i can hear glass, and enhanced engine sounds that sound new to my ears.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users