Photo

LCS-PS2

133 replies to this topic
ATK
  • ATK

Drive Slow

• Feroci

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:12 PM

Yea, didnt read all of posts in the topic.

QUOTE (first post)
PSM
It could be one of two things. It could be a direct (although souped-up) port of the PSP game, or it’s a brand new set of ‘Stories’ for another character. We think the latter. Would Rockstar really foist an identical (or even near-identical) copy of LCS on us? We seriously doubt it. If you remember the special DVD that came with the San Andreas soundtrack (‘The Introduction’), you’ll remember that a large portion of it followed CJ’s exploits as a no-good criminal in, of all places, Liberty City. Maybe the game will follow his early years before the events of San Andreas?

PSM reckons whatever it is, they have to change the city significantly. We cannot run around LC again – we know every shortcut, alleyway, nook, cranny and sidestreet. We need something new, Rockstar. Maybe they could expand it? Or have it in another time period? And not just 10 years earlier – we mean the future, or the distant past. Just something different. Ta.

Umm, what the hell is PSM thinking. They are pretty much expecting R* to create a new game, with new storyline. Dont see how R* would be able to to that in the short period of time they have. It will most likely be LCS with helicopters, possibly planes and a few extra missions to accomidate the vehicles.

And according to GameStop, the game comes out June 5th.

ATK
  • ATK

Drive Slow

• Feroci

Posted 09 May 2006 - 09:47 PM

Sorry for double, but I was wondering if the PS2 port is still being developed by R* Leeds. Or do game ports just get ported some special way?

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 May 2006 - 09:47 AM

Yeah I agree ATK, PSM did a bit over enthusiastic at this version of LCS. I don’t think anyone was expecting a brand new game, simply as you say for the time period they had and the fact it's the same title as the PSP version.

Reading about the cheat device yesterday it revealed that because the game is built on Vice City, some of the airborne vehicles were left under a lot of coding, which is why using the cheats you can get them. I'd bet as you say they just unlock this coding and allow access to the aircrafts during the game.

June 5th is the American release date, Europe's is June 9th.

I'd also assume it's still being made by Rockstar Leeds, the price points that not much more will be added and following the announcement that GTA 4 is on its way I'd guess Rockstar is using most of its resources on beginning the new game.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 May 2006 - 07:54 PM

Update 13 May 2006

Still even with less then a month to go, no PS2 magazines have any info, pics or news on LCS.

With 26 days left till release I thought now would be a good time to go over and cover prices for the game.

GAME
Viewing GAME's website shows the game retailing at a fair and R* quoted starting price of £19.99. However when browsing through my local GAME today I noticed display boxes of LCS to encourage customers to pre-order. On the back of the box it says £19.99, GAME have covered that in black pen hoping no one would notice. One had a sticker on saying £29.99 so be wary of GAME.

Virgin Megastores
Priced fairly at £16.99. Unknown what in store price is as no display box out.

HMV
Cheapest so far, coming in at £14.99.

There are few usual sites and/or places that are also selling it, as listed below. Most are well known and used a lot.

play.com - £14.99

amazon.co.uk - £14.99

gamestation - £19.99

MidnightThief
  • MidnightThief

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 May 2006 - 12:13 AM

oh boy i can't wait to get this game i didnt ever have a psp (too expensive) but i was wondering about peoples perspectives of the psp version if its gunna be pretty much exactly the same.

1.) how different is the map in the game i heard theres an extra island or an extension to the third island or something?

2.) is there snow in the game? snow accumulation?

3.) what kind of cool cheat codes were there?

4.) what other cool new stuff? did the atmosphere feel like gta3's?

Nick000
  • Nick000

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 May 2006 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (MidnightThief @ May 13 2006, 19:13)
oh boy i can't wait to get this game i didnt ever have a psp (too expensive) but i was wondering about peoples perspectives of the psp version if its gunna be pretty much exactly the same.

1.) how different is the map in the game i heard theres an extra island or an extension to the third island or something?

2.) is there snow in the game? snow accumulation?

3.) what kind of cool cheat codes were there?

4.) what other cool new stuff? did the atmosphere feel like gta3's?

1. I think they added something extra to SSV, and that's it.
2.Yes there is snow, no accumulation
3.Not to many cool cheats, but the cheadevice made up for it x2
4.Nope, it's atmosphere was alot brighter and happier than GTAIII's, so it was pretty different.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:40 AM

Remember, although a £19.99 price hints at a straight port, with this amount of time and no game info or shots I’d assume some small changes have been made from the PSP version.

The map will most likely stick to the PSP version, as it is the same basic game and storyline.

Snow was originally only available for one level during car salesman level 9 I believe, and it would last until you completed those missions. It wouldn’t appear again in the game. Cheat devices unlocked the snow for anytime in the game, but I’d guess R* may have implemented snow as a regular weather effect during the game.

Many cheats were available as well as cheat devices, what cheats will be used in the PS2 version is unknown but again with the speculation, I’d guess the usual cheats will be in it such as, spawn vehicles, weapon sets, crazy peds etc.

GTA 3’s Liberty although set only 3 years after LCS was very dark and gritty, LCS isn’t much different but some landmarks and areas on the map are different making the experience different in some places. I still think the atmosphere remains almost the same just due to how Liberty is meant to feel.

Sid-Vicious
  • Sid-Vicious

'In The Navy' -Portland Dockworker

• Members

Posted 19 May 2006 - 12:16 AM

Well.. if they dont add more stuff, it will be upsetting.. at least from my point of view, they already made a great game like SA, they need to make it better or at least the same as SA, or else it wont work... I think they will actually edit the game and make it even better than the PSP version, more missions, more cars, more detailed scenery, better graphics, ability to fly like in SA, swimming, etc.
Hopefully R* will make a good job and give us a little taste of what they can do and what will the PS3 versions will be like.
I dont want to go to the game store, buy LCS for PS2 and get dissapointed by it. confused.gif

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

🇯🇲 🇬🇭 🇯🇲

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Most Valuable Player 2014
    Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 20 May 2006 - 07:55 AM

i really think GTA-LCs by what have i seen from screenshots much Lightier and Happier than GTA-3.Its probably because of VC engine.

Steffen_Michael_Rye
  • Steffen_Michael_Rye

ZSZ

• Members

Posted 20 May 2006 - 09:48 AM

it comes out to ps2 at 7th of june in United States and in Europe 8th june

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 May 2006 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (Steffen_Michael_Rye @ May 20 2006, 09:48)

Thanks but in future I'd suggest you read previous pages of the thread your posting in. We know this news, it's been posted.

Sid-Vicious
  • Sid-Vicious

• Members

Posted 20 May 2006 - 10:57 PM

Do you think LCS for PS2 will be better than the PSP version? if its the same.. it will suck whatsthat.gif

Simon.
  • Simon.

Gangsta

• The Connection

Posted 21 May 2006 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (Sid-Vicious @ May 21 2006, 11:57)
Do you think LCS for PS2 will be better than the PSP version? if its the same.. it will suck whatsthat.gif

I think it will be very similar, I assume draw distance will be better as most TV screens are a lot larger than a PSP screen and also because the PS2 is capable of drawing more objects.

Jay-d
  • Jay-d

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (saintdave @ May 20 2006, 09:53)
QUOTE (Steffen_Michael_Rye @ May 20 2006, 09:48)

Thanks but in future I'd suggest you read previous pages of the thread your posting in. We know this news, it's been posted.

I was going to say something, but it doesnt matter.

Hopefully the graphics will be as good as they are on the psp version, hoping they'll incorporate the small screen sharpness into it.

I dont think there will be any gameplay changes though. they dont have to, theyre done with it. We get to go back to liberty city like we always wanted to (or ever since san andreas was released) and for a nice crisp 20.

Life is good.

TheRealTommyVercetti
  • TheRealTommyVercetti

TheRealTommyVercetti

• Members

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:17 PM

GTA LCS PS2 is supposed to be out in almost two weeks and there still aren't any screenshots cryani.gif , am I missing something? notify.gif I hope they are not going to delay it again ! turn.gif
Please rahkstar2.gif screenshots SOON !!! biggrin.gif cookie.gif

TheRealTommyVercetti
  • TheRealTommyVercetti

TheRealTommyVercetti

• Members

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:26 PM

Hey does anyone know if the back of St. Marks Bistro in GTA LCS for PSP/PS2 is the same as in the San Andreas Version? because GTA III wasn't !

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:31 PM

Firstly don’t double post, it's against forum rules.

Secondly speculation around the net claims that as many believe this will be a straight port, R* feels no need to release screens until close to release, same with trailers and any other media.

Thirdly I believe it’s the same as the GTA 3 version. GTA 3 obviously didn’t have it as it was created before SA, it may have been more plausible to be in LCS, but I'm pretty sure it isn’t.

TruXter
  • TruXter

retXurT

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2006 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (saintdave @ May 22 2006, 20:31)
Firstly don’t double post, it's against forum rules.

Secondly speculation around the net claims that as many believe this will be a straight port, R* feels no need to release screens until close to release, same with trailers and any other media.

Thirdly I believe it’s the same as the GTA 3 version. GTA 3 obviously didn’t have it as it was created before SA, it may have been more plausible to be in LCS, but I'm pretty sure it isn’t.

Why in the heck do they put that ramp back there anyway?

most of that area seems such a waste of space...
hopefully in the mmorpg with all three islands, they make use of that space.

Supernutz40
  • Supernutz40

GTAF Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 23 May 2006 - 05:13 AM

Woulndt it be cool if that hole in the side of the mountain in GTA3 that went no where, (on 3rd island I believe), went to that ghost city that you could fly over? or if they added that to the game in some way. I dunno, but they HAVE to do something new, since they made us wait soooo long.

Anabolic
  • Anabolic

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 May 2006 - 10:31 AM

I already pre-ordered my copy of the game. I absolutely HATED playing LCS with a PSP, so I'm very happy they decided to release it on PS2. High hopes for VCS also on PS2? smile.gif

TheRealTommyVercetti
  • TheRealTommyVercetti

TheRealTommyVercetti

• Members

Posted 23 May 2006 - 07:19 PM

Rockstar has finally updated the GTA LCS Website now it says

"Out Now for PSP and Coming June 2006 for Playstation 2"

However, there are no other updates

Source: http://www.rockstarg...rtycitystories/

TruXter
  • TruXter

retXurT

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 May 2006 - 08:57 AM

Look At that Price tag

Lochie_old
  • Lochie_old

Fudging Boring Idiots

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2006 - 09:28 AM

Sweet, thats cheap as.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 May 2006 - 02:22 PM

I'll reiterate that the price has been discussed and posted in here before.

Today I was looking at the magazine racks I found a popular Playstaion magazine has a review, yeah not preview but a review of LCS for PS2. Issue 82 of PSW has a 4-page review of the game due out on June 9th.

They basically confirm what I and may others had assumed when collecting info for the game. That it is a straight port of the PSP game, infact the only difference is the removal of multiplayer. The graphics look slightly sharper from the screens provided. Plus the expected quicker loading times using the power of the PS2.

From the review they say R* hasn’t released any in game info or screens (which we know) and don’t plan to either.

The final verdict they give is 8/10 good score but they say anyone who has the PSP game shouldn’t bother, but if you don’t have a PSP then this is a bargain.

Sid-Vicious
  • Sid-Vicious

• Members

Posted 26 May 2006 - 12:12 AM

Well if its just like the PSP version i wont bother to buy it. its like instead of improving the series, they just went back to GTA3 (adding bikes) instead of making it like GTASA or better.

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 26 May 2006 - 03:20 PM

No multi-player for PS2? Rockstar seems to want to make their big console 3D GTA multi-player "splash" with GTA IV.

Bunford5
  • Bunford5

Seabass Disaproval Supervisor

• Members

Posted 27 May 2006 - 05:17 AM

Did the magazine mention anything about helicopters?

I assume what they saw was the full and final product as it's only a couple of weeks from release.

TruXter
  • TruXter

retXurT

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 May 2006 - 05:48 AM Edited by TruXter, 27 May 2006 - 05:55 AM.

QUOTE (Bunford5 @ May 27 2006, 05:17)
Did the magazine mention anything about helicopters?

I assume what they saw was the full and final product as it's only a couple of weeks from release.

I am willing to bet that if they did not report the hellicopter...

then they didnt even play the game and this is pure speculation..

Plus if rockstar really wanted to do anything about it, they could nail them for defimation. becaus ethe product is not even released yet, and an add such as that could really hurt any possible sales..

reiterate? ... re-irritate! (heh,,, all the same letters)

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 May 2006 - 08:23 AM

They didn’t report helicopters as they are not in the game (except for the mission where you get to fly one) but they are not general air vehicles you can use anytime.

Of course the product isn’t released yet, but all computer game magazines get copies early so they can conduct reviews, people/customers want to know what a game is like a week or more before it is due out. Not after.

guv
  • guv

Bad Old Puddy Cat

• Members

Posted 27 May 2006 - 12:08 PM

A sorry shambles, and the price tag confirms this. I'd have been more than willing to pay full price if there had been some decent improvements over the PSP original, but even at £20 I'm wondering "why bother?" I've been around Liberty City a million times in GTAIII, so what's the point?? This is just an expansion pack for a five year old game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users