232 replies to this topic
Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 July 2006 - 01:44 PM

@jamesbond2

i suspect that you might be running SA V2 which does not support modding.

you might want to try running mapcleaner and adding the files that steve included with it to try and get SA running on an empty map before using the MI installer, that way you can test whether your install of SA will run or not.

as for update's hmmmmm i haven't had a great deal of modding time available to me recently due to me having to fire 2 members of my staff and having to do the work myself, ive been doing 12-14 hour days for the last month but it beats having cash and stock going missing ................... i lost around 2000 in the previous month!!

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 July 2006 - 01:45 PM

some error caused me to double post tounge.gif

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 21 July 2006 - 06:06 PM

@ Gforce

you were reffering some pages back to the colfile bugs in Superb@l's lot i remember that i had remodeld the whole lot some time ago but i have never putted it ingame so when i got some time to work on it i will see if that solves those colfile bugs if not locoG will be your man i gues.

And to bad for you pub that the busines is going not that well maybe i should drop by and order some beers wink.gif i really think your like Moe from the simpsons running its own pub. just my imagination.

Oh and another thing i pre-lighted that small island from GTI it really looks amazing that it now is a bit brighter really clears up the scene. i will upload a test version when i have pre-lighted some more bits of GTI. and im not sure but i saw in your screens that you had selected vertex illum at assigning vertex colors whats with that i always do the one above it but i may try illum next time and see whats the difference

Good luck everyone i will be modding in about 3 days for now. First work and money for me.
Cya

Aad.

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 July 2006 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE (aad @ Jul 21 2006, 18:06)
@ Gforce

you were reffering some pages back to the colfile bugs in Superb@l's lot i remember that i had remodeld the whole lot some time ago but i have never putted it ingame so when i got some time to work on it i will see if that solves those colfile bugs if not locoG will be your man i gues.

And to bad for you pub that the busines is going not that well maybe i should drop by and order some beers wink.gif i really think your like Moe from the simpsons running its own pub. just my imagination.

Oh and another thing i pre-lighted that small island from GTI it really looks amazing that it now is a bit brighter really clears up the scene. i will upload a test version when i have pre-lighted some more bits of GTI. and im not sure but i saw in your screens that you had selected vertex illum at assigning vertex colors whats with that i always do the one above it but i may try illum next time and see whats the difference

Good luck everyone i will be modding in about 3 days for now. First work and money for me.
Cya

Aad.

i actually really appreciate the fact that all along my progress of the MI installer that i have had great support from the GTI side of things, you yourself have been a massive help and have given me a large amount of help and input towards the files that have been released, i recently got all my rights to the staff room revoked (due to me calling all the gtaf staff wankers biggrin.gif ) otherwise i would have put you forward to getting some Karma stars(that means 2), and imho you really do deserve them even though regular members would be thinking "wtf has he done", you have kept the GTI side of the MI-SA GTI project progressing in a forward motion all on your own wink.gif , Moe!!!! ????.............. i'm gonna kick your arse on msn tounge.gif

as for my business, it's actually doing really well since i let 2 member's of staff go, it seems that the customer's knew what had been happening to me and they have supported me in my choices ever since, and thing's are going better than they were originally so all is very good biggrin.gif .

to everyone else,i have a day off on monday and i WILL be releasing an updated installer, i will also be including all of jasonb's lots along with Delfi's museum(yes i know you asked me not to convert them jason but you have shown nothing or released updates so i'm including them tounge.gif )as far as the installer is concerned ihave gone past giving a sh!t (not that i ever did tounge2.gif )

it will be a little bit messy but it will still run 100% crash free.

to all lot maker's, you now have 2 days to release something if you want it included, there really is no more time for excuses because as far as i'm concerned as i feel that even alpha work should be openly released and we can let the MI community work on everything and improve it.

we also need a new official scm coder as so far nobody has put themself forward, i would like to see knife make a return, he did help me understand some scm stuff a lot more clearly.

personally i could do with some ppl to help me with some of the MI-VC stuff that still needs converting to MI-SA, so if you can do some ipl conversion work from VC to SA please pm me, bullsh!ters need not apply.

and if anyone feels like supporting me in getting back my Myriad Council status,please speak up,as i really could do with the ability of editing and locking a new topic i would like to start.

Peace to one and all cool.gif

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 22 July 2006 - 02:59 PM

@Gforce

Thats good to hear Gforce. But i think i wont finish my lot in the next 2 days maybe somewhere about next weekend im a bit tired now but i hope to get something done again.
And i will send you my lighted files for you to test.

Cya

Aad.

locO G
  • locO G

LocO by name... But keeping an even keel.

• Members

Posted 25 July 2006 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (Gforce @ Jul 22 2006, 03:01)
i have a day off on monday and i WILL be releasing an updated installer, i will also be including all of jasonb's lots along with Delfi's museum(yes i know you asked me not to convert them jason but you have shown nothing or released updates so i'm including them tounge.gif )as far as the installer is concerned ihave gone past giving a sh!t (not that i ever did  tounge2.gif )

it will be a little bit messy but it will still run 100% crash free.

It's now Tuesday. Where is it?

No, I'm sorry, only joking. In your own time sir.

There is a really good vibe from the whole MI-CMP at the moment and a new release wold be a great boost.

I, for one, would love to see JasonB's lots, even if they're not final release versions (there's nothing worse than staring at empty lots.

When can we expect a release?

On the subject of modding and adding new release files, I've adopted a new technique for MI modding, using separate 'locog' .IDE .IPL and .IMG files so, if a new update arrives, it doesn't effect anything I'm currently working on (lot modellers take note). All I have to do is add the lines back into the gta.DAT file and # out some .IPLs (recalculating the flags).
It's totally none destructive (I don't remove or modify anything from the original illcom.IMG) so, if needs must, I can revert back to the original release.

Anyway, as I said before, in your own time.
You sure know how to build up suspense (Hitchcock eat your heart out).

mditalia13
  • mditalia13

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 July 2006 - 02:48 AM

when u start this mod u end up on a big island which im guessin is gti island. how do u get to myriad islands or the other islands. people said u take a plane or sumthin. can someone give me the location.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:40 AM

Great to hear that you've got a updated version of the installer Gforce, this project would be in trouble if it weren't for you. If you ever need some help with something, feel free to ask smile.gif

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2006 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (locO G @ Jul 25 2006, 00:41)

It's now Tuesday. Where is it?

ummm err well i got a small problem, my modding PC died yesterday suicidal.gif

i've been running out of HDD space recently and decided to treat it to some new drives so i went out and got 2 x 250gig drives, i added them to the PC and when i started it up there was a burning PCB smell which turned out to be from the agp slot, 2 pins must have been getting warm for some time and moving the case caused it to tear the tracks from the edge connector on my 2 month old GFX card (luckily i got that replaced under warranty as the guy on the customer service desk was blind biggrin.gif ), i managed to get the PC to fire up with my old FX ultra but it wouldn't fire up with the new card then i tried the old card again and this time i got nothing, yet both cards tested and worked well in my P4 PC, it was then i inspected the agp slot and found the problem. i spent until 4am fixing up the agp slot and damaged pins but i haven't had time to test it yet so it's possible i can ressurect the PC later, all drives tested ok but i have a lot of work to do on the P4 to get a gta modding setup, i'm also hoping that my 1280mb DDR400 ram is all still working ok too.

i am aiming at getting a release before weekend but atm im going through salvage data from drives ASAP mode.

i should have a result as to whether my mobo is working or not in a couple of hours time when i get some time to test.

thanks for the words of encouragement regarding the installer smile.gif

@mditalia13: spawn a Hydra ("jumpjet" is the cheat) and fly southwest wink.gif

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:28 PM

Oh no! Damn Pins tounge.gif Hope you fix it soon because then you can be praised for your work rah.gif . Good luck as I can't get enough of Myriad. I better bump the Paths topic....

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:47 PM

if anyone feels like supporting me in getting back my Myriad Council status,please speak up,as i really could do with the ability of editing and locking a new topic i would like to start.

As I mentioned before, the MCC is outdated. If it got up-to-MISA-dated, you got my vote. You're one of the few that have always kept working on Myriad...

...good luck with your pc. It seems like locO G posted some prophesizing pics biggrin.gif .

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 25 July 2006 - 02:59 PM

I think we should scrap the MCC because MI is a much more community-based project than it used to be. Which is kind of the point. There shouldn't be an elite of MI contributers who can force other contributors around.

MISA is a concensus based project. People can complain, compliment and encourage contributors who can then choose what they'll do. As everyone involved in MISA wants it to be a good quality mod which is fun to play on, they'll take criticism and suggestions seriously.

I'd suggest removing that group and just setting active organising members of Myriad Islands as being Led-bys of this area. It's very rare thta a MISA contributor actually needs to edit another person's message, though. smile.gif

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 July 2006 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (mickarrow @ Jul 25 2006, 13:47)

...good luck with your pc. It seems like locO G posted some prophesizing pics  biggrin.gif   .

lol yeah, but i got to say i'm thankful it never went the same way as his PC's in the shopping centre lol.gif

anyway i got good news and bad news, bad news first, the agp slot is officially toast but the mobo still seems to be going through the bios test etc and into boot up so i'm going to try my very old Radeon all in wonder 7200 pci card to see if i can limp through and retrieve some files.

the good news is i managed (Luckily) to find an identical motherboard (Asus A7V8X Gold) on ebay in Wales for 32.50 delivered, for which i promptly hit the buy now button and paid for using a very good friend's ebay account, and it should arrive to me on friday morning smile.gif

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 26 July 2006 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Jul 26 2006, 00:59)
I'd suggest removing that group and just setting active organising members of Myriad Islands as being Led-bys of this area. It's very rare thta a MISA contributor actually needs to edit another person's message, though. smile.gif

That is basically what the MCC is, the led bys of the forum. Except I'm the only active member of the group. I lock and edit the occasional topic every now and then so I do actually use the powers.
There did use to be the old secret developers forum whatsit, but that hasn't been used much since early '05.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (JasonB @ Jul 26 2006, 15:39)
QUOTE (Cerbera @ Jul 26 2006, 00:59)

That is basically what the MCC is, the led bys of the forum. Except I'm the only active member of the group. I lock and edit the occasional topic every now and then so I do actually use the powers.
There did use to be the old secret developers forum whatsit, but that hasn't been used much since early '05.

Yeah, that's basically it. Other people in the group don't come into this area, and/or barely come onto the forums. There's not much need of a private area anyway, apart from let's say, releasing something that's not intended for public use.

ReadMeMyMirandas
  • ReadMeMyMirandas

That offends me..

• Members

Posted 30 July 2006 - 07:33 AM Edited by ReadMeMyMirandas, 30 July 2006 - 08:12 AM.

Are vehicles supposed to spawn in this?
If yes, do they have paths?

If no, why the hell are they?

Screenshot here

Is there something wrong here? dozingoff.gif

EDIT: I also see now that my map and minimap seem to be completely wrong, and the cars might follow the path of that. I'm going to do a complete reinstall.

EDIT AGAIN: I've identified the problem, and it's assured that the map itself hasn't been replaced. I see the level and roads, all the terrain are as they should be, but the map and the paths that the vehicles take are still that of an unmodded San Andreas. Why don't these files correctly overwrite?

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:45 AM

The Reason the Car Paths are still there is because Steve-M is still working on them. The Reason why the Mini-Map is the same is because they are still working on it.

Gforce: Hows your computer going?

ReadMeMyMirandas
  • ReadMeMyMirandas

That offends me..

• Members

Posted 30 July 2006 - 11:12 AM

@blackadder
Thanks, I really didn't know that. I just thought it was really friggin' weird looking.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 30 July 2006 - 12:04 PM

Your Welcome. Hey I'm gonna start a Lot now smile.gif (My First Lot)

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 July 2006 - 01:52 PM

Oh btw you can get rid of those car paths by using the relevent thingy in this topic here and progress on the paths can be seen in this topic here!

I say there's no need for MCC too, just have a few led-bys, like nearly every other sub forum.

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 August 2006 - 11:31 AM

first post has been edited to include ........... Instructions for installing MI-SA with the SA V1.01 UK "No More Hot Coffee" exe fix.

the same method might work for other regional variations but has been untested. wow.gif

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 September 2006 - 04:25 AM

first post has been updated, currently awaiting download activation by steve-m.

could somebody please update the subtitle to ............ "Updated 20th Sept 2006 MI-SA V0.5 beta 1"

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:14 AM Edited by Cran., 20 September 2006 - 06:19 AM.

Wewt, this the version without that flashing crap? catspider.gif

BTW, runs perfectly on all my hardware (1280x1024 @ 4x/8x) if you want to add my shiz to the front page. It is as follows: Intel Pentium 4 660, 2GB DDR2 533, nVidia Go GeForce 7800 GTX 256MB

Moogle7
  • Moogle7

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:01 AM

Download link not working... confused.gif

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:01 AM

Just noticed that too! tounge.gif

I think steve-m moved it somewhere else or something.

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 20 September 2006 - 02:44 PM

I didn't, Gforce just got the link wrong. Still takes a while though, since we're trying to get the download smaller first.

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 September 2006 - 04:11 PM

download link now fixed.

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 20 September 2006 - 04:31 PM

OK, website updated as well, see MyriadIslands.com for instructions and the actual download. Additional mirrors are welcome! (It's a huge file... ph34r.gif )

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:47 PM

Good work gforce! wink.gif

One mirror:

MI+GTI V0.5Beta1.exe (thanks to RM crew)

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:37 PM

pic1
pic2
pic3
pic4
pic5
pic6