[Official|REL] Myriad & GTI San Andreas

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic
Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2006 - 07:14 PM

Is there any advantage doing parked cars via ipl instead of the .scm coding? I mean randomness might be good, but not outside police stations and hospitals...i vote those are still .scm coded.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 11 June 2006 - 07:16 PM

Either way, all the cars need to be moved to the new coords and tbh, it'll be easier just to do it all over again.

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2006 - 07:55 PM Edited by Gforce, 12 June 2006 - 12:57 AM.

it's good to see you back but you forgot to include the rotating GTI sign sad.gif :

Edit:@GTAuron: the advantage of parking cars via ipl is not needing mission coding experience, you can park cars in a very similar way (custom carcols,locked,alarmed etc), i agree with Fire and Police stuff being .scm parked.

i would like to see the vehicle related bonus stuff reinstated ASAP (wheelie's,stoppies,2 wheels and insane stunts etc)

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 12 June 2006 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (Gforce @ Jun 11 2006, 20:55)
it's good to see you back but you forgot to include the rotating GTI sign sad.gif

Darn, trust me to go and do something silly like that. I'll add it again.

i would like to see the vehicle related bonus stuff reinstated ASAP (wheelie's,stoppies,2 wheels and insane stunts etc)

If your lucky it might just appear when I add the sign back in icon14.gif

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 June 2006 - 03:17 PM

lol, I find mission coded parking easier..mind you i know how to do it but dunno how to ipl park cars smile.gif . Well, I've done a bit of .scm parking about the police station, I'll add a few fire trucks and ambulances about the place soon, the look at how to ipl park stuff I guess. Any pointers on how to do it? like an example?

locO G
  • locO G

LocO by name... But keeping an even keel.

• Members

Posted 14 June 2006 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (GTAuron @ Jun 13 2006, 15:17)
I find mission coded parking easier..mind you i know how to do it but dunno how to ipl park cars

Sorry to go 'off topic' here but, how do we spawn cars in the .IPL file?
I haven't found anything about it on gfaforums. If anyone has a link, I'd be greatful.
With this knowledge, modellers could release their own random car spawn points along with their lots and generic object placements.
I am aware of the pitfalls. Even R* got it wrong with the boats. Falling into the water as Carl swims towards them.

Back on topic.

Gforce: I'm on the verge of finally converting Jost-vice's illcom_c3_r10 lot for MI-SA.
Hopefully, between us, we'll get it done in time for your next release. Do you have an ETA?

PS: I still can't prelight properly. Yet again, if anyone knows how, please PM me.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:54 AM

about the cars they are all explained at the IPL explanation topic. but for the people who still dont get it or just dont know how to add it i will paste some code here to show how i parked my cars on my parking garage.

CODE

#IPL file generated from Kam's GTA Map IO
#01:55am 07.feb.2006 by Gforce

inst
<Insert object here>
end
cull
end
path
end
grge
end
enex
<insert enex here>
end
pick
<Insert weapon pickups here>
end
cars
#aad cars
1620.86, 1652.49, 17.06, 220.0, 402, 33, 33, 0, -1, 0, 5, 0
1626.86, 1652.49, 17.06, 220.0, 412, 51, 22, 0, -1, 0, 2, 0
1614.86, 1652.49, 17.06, 220.0, 411, 34, 61, 0, -1, 0, 3, 0
1613.50, 1674.49, 17.01, 220.0, 587, 21, 11, 0, -1, 0, 5, 0
1603.86, 1674.49, 17.06, 220.0, 467, 11, 31, 0, -1, 0, 6, 0
1623.86, 1674.49, 17.06, 220.0, 402, 14, 43, 0, -1, 0, 2, 0
1568.90, 1635.18, 13.63, 220.0, 555, 22, 43, 0, -1, 0, 7, 0
1535.98, 1554.77, 18.50, 220.0, 555, 22, 43, 0, -1, 0, 3, 0
#aad end

its the same as object placing so its

X, Y,Z , Angle, IDE of the car, Color 1, Color 2, Flag doors, unknow, uknown etc.

So mainly you need the IDe and the Coordinates and the angle. And expect soon an release of my new Lot 53 I finished it yesterday, only some tweaking needed and then its done, parking garage is ingame and no invisable walls anymore. happy.gif

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:52 AM

Remember you can do too teletransportation with yellow markers in the ENEX space colgate.gif

CODE

-1736.600000, 789.693600, 24, 0, 2, 2, 8, -1740.17, 791.399, 167, 87, 0, 0, 70, "roof", 0, 2, 0, 24
-1740.17, 791.399, 167, 87, 2, 2, 8, -1736.600000, 789.693600, 24, 87, 0, 0, 66, "roof", 0, 2, 0, 24

Its a code I use for one of my SA map mods, you can see documentation in the map' editing discussion

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2006 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (locO G @ Jun 14 2006, 00:29)
Sorry to go 'off topic' here but, how do we spawn cars in the .IPL file?
I haven't found anything about it on gfaforums. If anyone has a link, I'd be greatful.

Do you have an ETA?

PS: I still can't prelight properly. Yet again, if anyone knows how, please PM me.

the ipl's are explained in depth ----------> here

ETA .................... in around 1 week.

Prelighting ...... i use the Myriad Max Dev-Kit with standard settings.

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 15 June 2006 - 03:37 PM Edited by Jost_Vice, 15 June 2006 - 05:12 PM.

Err gforce, some of the SA generic objects (dynamic.ide, barriers.ide, multiobject.ide, etc) dont have COL! I use some objects of these files and I check in MEd and dont have col file.. its can produce crash, you go to fix it? (to remove the objects)

Other thing, gforce, you go to remove the invisible walls and col problems on the building near the police station?

(its go in vc, and continue in SA)

user posted image

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2006 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (Jost_Vice @ Jun 15 2006, 15:37)
Err gforce, some of the SA generic objects (dynamic.ide, barriers.ide, multiobject.ide, etc) dont have COL! ........you go to fix it? (to remove the objects)

........you go to remove the invisible walls and col problems on the building near the police station?

(its go in vc, and continue in SA)

it might be better to add the colfiles back to the gta3.img and let people have more choice of mapped generic objects then remove the bits we don't use at a later date.

I know the lot you mean and i am intending (maybe) to repair it, the lot was originally made by Superb@ll in sketchup (then he abandoned it on me) and the cols have been a bitch to try to repair,maybe a new groundbase model is needed to create a new colfile, personally i never liked the groundbase model so if somebody has some new idea's they could remodel it and the problem will go away.

PlatinumSerb
  • PlatinumSerb

• Members

Posted 16 June 2006 - 12:37 AM

How you tried fixing the col problem with the CollEditor II method?

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2006 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (PlatinumSerb @ Jun 16 2006, 00:37)
How you tried fixing the col problem with the CollEditor II method?

been there and done that and yes even 3ds import .........etc,etc.

it's start again on that lot .................... bring in the bulldozers time.

sketchup sucks balls for colfiles. anuj_cop.gif

locO G
  • locO G

• Members

Posted 16 June 2006 - 01:08 AM

Gforce: I'll take it, if you like.

I've figured out that there's nothing wrong with the model or texture file for Black-hawk's lot (illnorth_somewhere), I'm just about to 'sign off' Jost_Vice's lot, so I need something other than my bloody shopping centre to go back to.

...the cols have been a bitch to try to repair,maybe a new groundbase model is needed to create a new colfile...

I agree. Spending hours trying to track down one or two little rogue '.COLs of Doom' takes far longer than just remodelling the affected area from scratch.
Sometimes, however, just applying the 'optimise' modifier in 3DS Max solves the problem.

...i never liked the groundbase model so if somebody has some new ideas...

I'll take a look at the surrounding lots for some ideas, I know it's empty to the north at the moment.

Two more things.

1. What's the current ETA for MI-SA 0.5?
It would be good to get Jost_Vice's lot included.
I don't think that I'll be finish my lot in the next week or so (I'm dreading the .LODs and figuring out the most conservative draw distances).

2. Pre lighting.
Could you please share your Max file lights with us all because the MI-VC Devkit ones are nowhere near, even when repositioned. It would save you a lot of work in the long run.

All the best.

locO G

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2006 - 01:36 AM Edited by Gforce, 16 June 2006 - 01:41 AM.

ETA is still a week or so ..................... basically when i start posting new pics of the custom generics will be a clue as to soon wink.gif

i keep telling people in pm's exactly the same thing, i have not played with light settings, they are exactly as i they were when i opened the max scene.

maybe this pic will help, although getting light settings exact is pointless anyway due to the fact the entire island will be run through max with a new lighting setup.

ps. the glass pack is fully in (10 windows) and we have a new temporary custom generic objects migeneric.img and ide,ipl,col setup.

Edit: ooooops i forgot the screeny.......... lol.gif

user posted image

locO G
  • locO G

• Members

Posted 16 June 2006 - 01:51 AM Edited by locO G, 16 June 2006 - 01:59 AM.

we have a new temporary custom generic objects migeneric.img and ide,ipl,col setup.

If I take some time and get a personal generic object 'wish list' together for my shopping centre, could I post you the .DFFs, TXDs and .COLs for inclusion?

They're all 'interior' generics, PCs, cash registers, counters, shop displays and shelves, so they won't need such a high .IDE draw distance.

Speaking of which, I've also just realised, my lot needs toilets.
Generic 'crappers' would be a good thing to include in 'migeneric.IMG'.

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2006 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (locO G @ Jun 16 2006, 01:08)
I've figured out that there's nothing wrong with the model or texture file for Black-hawk's lot (illnorth_somewhere),

which lot? can you point it out on the map for me ?

map

the way i see it is this, the more work that gets released then the more i will try to include.

you may need to help me with the type of effect you want each object to have though and try to do some object.dat research.

why not recycle some of the low poly toilets from SA ?

locO G
  • locO G

• Members

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:37 PM Edited by locO G, 19 June 2006 - 12:43 PM.

Gforce: Black-hawk's mansion is for illnorth.
He suggests somewhere near Black Mesa.

try to do some object.dat research

I'll get onto it.

NhocLou
  • NhocLou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:20 AM

hey,my GTA:SA ca't work with dzi map,iz out when i try to log in game,iz have ask me send or don't send waz should i do now,how to i fix plzzz.

NhocLou
  • NhocLou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:28 AM

my bro want to get the old map,how to get it,and how to remove the Myriad Siland...i have some problem(sorry for my poor english)

DopestaR
  • DopestaR

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 June 2006 - 03:39 PM

@ NhocLou just reinstall san andreas wink.gif

and I got 2 questions myself

1. will the final train tracks be in 0.5 release ? (or arent they finished yet)

2. since SteveM found out how to make paths will you wait with the release till so he can include them in 0.5 or not ?

well that was about it to every one on the team great work icon14.gif

and I wish I could do something to help this great mod rah.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 June 2006 - 06:44 PM Edited by Cerbera, 21 June 2006 - 01:00 PM.

Myriad Islands Railway Topic (most recent message you have not read).

JasonB's Role
The route is mainly done from the East coast of Necrosis, around illSUB, onto the South-east of illCOM, past the East coast of illCOM and up to the South-east corner of illRES. This has been done by JasonB.

It is lacking the illSTA island. This is a huge job but the layout of illSUB and the position of illSTA have been sorted out. JasonB will be making illSTA. It fits on a straight piece of track, so the route of the railway will not be changed by it.

The shadowing of the railway tracks has yet to be finalised. It will probably be textured for efficiency. JasonB, illspirit and Steve-M havn't resolved this debate, AFAIK.

Illspirit's Role
The railway route across illRES and illURB will be made by illspirit. I've had detailed conversations with him about how it approaches from illCOM. He intelligently adapted the East coast of illRES to accomodate a railway station and make for a more sensible entrance for the tunnel under Black Mesa. I'm not sure of his progress on this.

Last time I checked (about a month ago) he was making lots of major improvements to the roads, pavements and kerbs on the northern islands.

Respawn's Role
The railway on Necrosis is being made by Respawn, who is making everything for Necrosis (it's his island). It is expected to follow the yellow part of my 6th (and last) version 2D route plan:
user posted image
1500 x 1500, 244kB.

That plan is somewhat innaccute as the route around the East coast of illCOM will be directly North-south.

Conclusion
I think there are many more months of work before the railway route is completed. Judging by the rate of progress over the past month, it probably will not be completed with all stations in place and trains running around it before 2007. It's a very big task, but luckily most of the core design work is done.

Layout and positions of other railway stations have not been confirmed, although I have some thoughts on that.

(Further discussion about the MI railway should be in the MI Railway thread.)

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 20 June 2006 - 06:53 PM Edited by mickarrow, 20 June 2006 - 06:56 PM.

@ Cerb : I'm sure in your second paragraph you mean ILLSTA instead of ILLSUB...

btw, I don't see the changed turn around ILLSUB in your 6th 2D route plan.
This one.

(Edit: Sowry, I didn't read the last line in your post. If you want to answer to my post in the right topic, please do so)

locO G
  • locO G

• Members

Posted 21 June 2006 - 01:14 AM Edited by locO G, 21 June 2006 - 01:16 AM.

Thanks for the concise post, Cerbera.

It's good to know about the work that goes on 'behind the scenes'.

DopestaR: It looks as if it's a toss up for Gforce between...

1. Sorting out the mess us lot modellers have made and releasing a bug free, invisible .COL of Doom free upgrade for 0.4.

2. Releasing what he's got, plus MI-generics, the Northern Islands update et al.

3. Hang around, on the never never for every little improvement.

Hey, Gforce. at the end of the day, it's up to you. There's no rush.

Sometimes "the long way round is the shortest way home".

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 21 June 2006 - 01:48 AM

@Cerb Mmmm, although it's taken this long, it's good that the railroad has been properlly planned and realistic. Final on what kind of train are using? Or just taking the ones from San An when we get the track in?

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 June 2006 - 01:06 PM

Mick, I did indeed! I've fixed my message now. smile.gif

Most of the work and discussions about the railway actually get posted in the MI railway thread by me, so a fair bit of it can be found if you look.

I think we are using the San Andreas trains to start with. They are actually really good, so we might not make new ones. At the moment the priority is the railway route, then it will be the stations.

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 June 2006 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (DopestaR @ Jun 20 2006, 15:39)
I got 2 questions myself

1. will the final train tracks be in 0.5 release ? (or arent they finished yet)

2. since SteveM found out how to make paths will you wait with the release till so he can include them in 0.5 or not ?

the answer to both questions is no. i will make an update release for the north islands/train when they're ready, and the path nodes use a seperate img so that can easily be updated any time after V0.5 is released and i don't see any point in pressurising steve-m to finish them.

i have already mentioned that i will include updated lot's etc if they're available so it's up to the lot maker's to release work.

i am still working on converting the custom generics over in what little spare time i get from real life work, i'm also working on the link road/bridge/tunnel from GTI to illurb ........ it may make an appearance in V0.5 but it is a maybe. (and yes those plans have been semi-finalised)

as for fixing released work, most of the mess (misplaced ID numbering etc) from MI-VC has been done for MI-SA with all the ID numbering now being sequential the way it should be............ colfile fixes can be worked on by anyone .......... not just by me wink.gif

ps: can you please move train discussion back to the correct thread ? ............ thank you. anuj_cop.gif

jamesbond2
  • jamesbond2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:48 PM

whatsthat.gif die.gif suicidal.gif I have only gta san andreas and installed mi+gti with the map cleaner and another time without it.
Each time the game closed while loading. cryani.gif
But I WANT to play this game! What can I do now?

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 14 July 2006 - 04:43 PM

notify.gif

Sorry, I can't understand your english...

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 21 July 2006 - 11:53 AM Edited by blackadder18, 21 July 2006 - 11:56 AM.

Ok sorry to bump an old topic, but it deserves one tounge.gif . Cran what Jamesbond2 is trying to say is
I Only have GTA San Andreas and I installed MI+GTI with the map cleaner and on another install without the map cleaner. Each Time the Game Crashed while loading. But I want to play this game. What can I do now?

I think thats what he meant tounge.gif

And I want another release, or atleast more lots tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users