[Official|REL] Myriad & GTI San Andreas

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic
aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 11 May 2006 - 03:01 PM

Awesome work man Gforce Rulez tounge.gif just kidding tounge.gif ill have a go at it atm and post some screens. wow.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 11 May 2006 - 03:27 PM Edited by Cerbera, 11 May 2006 - 05:14 PM.

I thought I had v0.4 installed but when I installed this GTASA crashed. I'll run the SA Map Cleaner, reinstall v0.4 and then reinstall this.

(EDIT) Yay, it works. smile.gif The following screenshots are using my GTASA Handling Overhaul.

Good LOD, look over there!
user posted image
1024 x 768, 84kB.

If only there were some cops to be running from...
user posted image
1024 x 768, 100kB.

Btw, a lot of walls are slightly too high to climb up on. Would be cool if people could update all the walls which are slightly too high. Adding some generic objects would make some buildings climbable without adjusting their models. This sort of thing would take a long time but would improve gameplay. smile.gif

In fact, a lot of MISA buildings are just plain too big. Some doorways are twice the height of the player...even for small buildings!

Throwing the Banshee around illCOM:
user posted image
1024 x 768, 93kB.

Getting the Cheetah a bit too sideways at high speed:
user posted image
1024 x 768, 75kB.

Remember to reduce your speed when conditions are not ideal:
user posted image
1024 x 768, 109kB.

MISA is coming together amazingly well. There's so many lots that are in game, it's really starting to feel like a city and get some atmosphere. GForce, you've done an awesome job putting all of these models together. Some of the models are really high quality with good detailing, so well done on the people who've built and released stuff. smile.gif

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2006 - 08:45 PM

Hmph I installed it, it works, just yeah, a lot of lots are all seethru, and some don't turn up. Fresh install+Map cleaner for me it is then smile.gif

locO G
  • locO G

LocO by name... But keeping an even keel.

• Members

Posted 11 May 2006 - 10:02 PM Edited by locO G, 12 May 2006 - 01:11 AM.

As I said before, this is a must see!

However, word of warning, now none of these illcom lots show up in Med 0.32 which is a bit of a bugger when it comes to placing generic objects. Always backup everything!

I'm now going to use two installs if GTA, one for modelling my lots and one for the whole of MI.

Please disregard this post, it was only a temporary glitch in my end.

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2006 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (locO G @ May 11 2006, 22:02)
now none of these illcom lots show up in Med 0.32

thats not entirely true dontgetit.gif

user posted image

maybe you should update video drivers or play with driver settings ?

locO G
  • locO G

• Members

Posted 12 May 2006 - 12:18 AM Edited by locO G, 12 May 2006 - 01:15 AM.

I'm so sorry Gforce, they're all there now.
It must have been a Med glitch or, as you suggested, my graphics card (as I've mentioned before, I'm only packing a barely minimum spec. Nvidia P.O.S.), plus I had 3ds Max open at the time, running in open_GL mode. Who knows?

All I could see were the generic objects (which looked like an IDE/IPL issue as in AleXXX's MI-SA LODs a new way ).

Thank heavens for that, I don't have to double install after all (I'm running a bit low on hard disk space).

PS: Tomorrow I'll have a look at sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe's cinema lot base model, primarily for my own interest.
It's a great looking lot, one of my favourites in fact.

Logically it can only be one of three things, textues, nornals or 3ds Max reset XForm.

If I get anywhere, I'll let you know.

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 12 May 2006 - 04:32 PM Edited by Jost_Vice, 12 May 2006 - 04:35 PM.

very good work, gforce, its excellent, but some lots have problems:

user posted image

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 13 May 2006 - 03:43 AM

Wow. Seeing all those lots is just utterly amazing. Great work gforce!

King-Z
  • King-Z

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 May 2006 - 10:38 AM

Wow!!! I must say: GREAT!!! This Mod is very,very,very good!!! I love it, but i wish savepoints and some other sh*t:) This is a beta ? I see a new game in v3.0 status smile.gif

GREAT MADE! i love u for this mod smile.gif

gtavicegtasanfan
  • gtavicegtasanfan

JGordonisone

• Members

Posted 23 May 2006 - 01:14 PM

Hi there when is the next release, because it looks awsome icon14.gif

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 May 2006 - 04:59 PM

wish for save points? Hmm, I got bored with general modding, starting to look at coding, maybe i could make a few about the place tounge.gif

DopestaR
  • DopestaR

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 May 2006 - 01:24 PM

first of all everybody great work !!!!!!! icon14.gif cookie.gif

the only 2 thing I have to say are :

what I really didnt like was that the original san andreas paths
where still there so all the cars drove into the water, true buildings etc.
so maybe in the next release you can remove the paths or even make
MI paths

the other thing I didnt like was that there was no map

so hope this will be included in the next release tounge2.gif

so hoping that will be soon I would love to see the train etc.

cookie.gif - Dopestar

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2006 - 01:26 PM Edited by Gforce, 24 May 2006 - 01:48 PM.

***minor update fix***

i managed to find the problem with sadistic's cinema lot, embarrassingly i forgot to move the coords for the base model lod rolleyes.gif

open illcomSW.ipl and replace line 12661 with the following line and the base model should now show up ingame ...................

12661, LODcom_c5_r8, 0, -78.209, 50.46, -3.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, -1

i will include this fix in any possible future test update's anuj_cop.gif

Edit:- screenshot

user posted image

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 24 May 2006 - 05:03 PM

Any chance of a temporary bridge from GTi to illURB? It's a bit of a pain that you have to ditch your car, spawn a plane and fly to/from GTi.

Savepoints would be a great addition, too. Then you could start on the island you wanted to test on by creating multiple savegames.

Something weird I've noticed: Parachutes don't work. Whenever I jump off a really tall building or exit from a plane at high altitude, CJ just dues the "wiggle my legs and arms until I die" animation...then splats against the ground.

Using exactly the same in the same situations in GTASA and the parachute works correctly. Is this a feature which gets unlocked in a GTASA mission, which we havn't unlocked by default in the MI SCM?

locO G
  • locO G

• Members

Posted 24 May 2006 - 05:54 PM

Cerbera.

Try the SA Place Manager and teleport to the location.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2006 - 07:38 PM

i noticed that, when trying to skydive into illcom, yeah i get the same thing, no free-fall animation.

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 30 May 2006 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (DopestaR @ May 24 2006, 15:24)
maybe in the next release you can remove the paths

See here:

http://www.gtaforums...dpost&p=3716047

Edit: Is there a working mirror for the 0.4 update 1 anywhere?

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 May 2006 - 03:47 PM Edited by Gforce, 30 May 2006 - 03:57 PM.

working link --------------> HERE , personally i would wait until tomorrow as update 2 is now ready, but im going to a gig tonight (David Gilmour tounge.gif ) so i have no time to upload it music.gif

Edit: nice work on the path node's steve wow.gif

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 30 May 2006 - 04:12 PM

ok, will do, thanks smile.gif

edit: Work? There was no work involved. These are files I generated back when I decoded the path files, and only now found out that I'm too stupid to link to an external img (gta.dat had wrong path) - and I always believed they didn't work. tounge.gif

edit2: Could use these empty paths for tomorrow's update then. But better keep them in an extra img, so we could easily update.

DopestaR
  • DopestaR

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:44 AM

so what will be new / updated in update 2 geforce ???

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 June 2006 - 01:14 AM

i've added the path's node fix and it's works perfect but given the need to remove all the nodes files from gta3.img i decided to make it all part of baseland installer V0.5 along with the GTI updates..... in a seperate img as supplied smile.gif

you might as well stay with update1 atm, i'm having some problems removing a stupid bug thats causing the map models on illcom flicker between lod and closeup models on all 4 mapped sections when stood at certain camera angles, i originally put it down to my gfx card AA settings etc so i ignored it but after getting feedback from another playtester it seems to be within the construction.

over the last 2 days i've worked and reworked the the ide/ipl files in a few different setups but the problem just doesn't stop, it seems to settle down at long distance or while driving at speed it's not too noticeable,seems to have happened since adding just about all the lod files confused.gif maybe a complete img rebuild may yeild a result but i cant see that being the problem ..........

some screens to show progress smile.gif

user posted imageuser posted image

it is easier to explain what is not contained wow.gif

Odie's mansions and skyline ........... needs scm scripting to make them work.
Lazio's pool and park ........... same reasons as above.
Mick Arrow's Library ........... it's being moved to another location.
still contains the wrong version of snow racer's 5 lot skyline release.

ps. the problem existed before i added the nodes fix wink.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 02 June 2006 - 02:10 PM

Could you or someone else create a simple radar mod for it? It's very easy to get lost on the Northern Islands. The lack of landmarks means you can't anticipate the next turn, making it impossible to drive fast. Having a basic radar map would prevent this. smile.gif

Good luck with the LOD problems. My advice would be to remove all the LOD entries then try adding one of them back in. If it glitches, check to make sure you are referencing it correctly. Once you figure out the problem, you can apply the updated technique to the rest of them.

Or, release it as is and other members of the MI community can try prodding it.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:15 AM

Could someone host the Update file somewhere else? I can't download it because GTAWIP.net is changed and it isn't there. Thanks

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2006 - 11:25 AM

i posted an updated link on page 7 but i guess you never got to read that far, anyway the first page is now updated again with a link to update 1.

@Cerbera: the original radar maps were being made by Delfi/JernejL for VC but he never did make a map for the north islands, i never did work out how to chop up a map correctly for the radar so that counts me out but i would like to see the radar map like the hi-detail radar map that was released for SA using mapviewer smile.gif

on a side note Cerbie, is there any chance that you can collect all the converted cars and add all the relevent (handling,carcols etc) data to the data files used and bolt it all together in one pack for me and i will add that to baseland installer V0.5 .............. using your modified SA handling setup obviously, i want that fast Hydra setup included if possible. cool.gif

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 08 June 2006 - 01:00 PM

Steve-m His mapviewer can create radar pictures automaticly just press the script button and it will create them all

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:54 PM

thanks for the heads up on the mapviewer info Aad, i now have 144 radar bmp's to add to 144 txd files nervous.gif expect to see results later in the PPT wink.gif

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:22 PM

Uhm since u were at work Gforce i already edited some of the radar images and replaced the original ones for the people who want to explore black messa and dont want to get lost you can try it ,

Note: not everything is renderded correctly so there may be black pieces in the images or they may be a bit offset but its better then no changed radar at all.

http://rapidshare.de...ar_TXD.rar.html

Its placed in maps just find the list of radar images delete them and add mine, dont blame me for anything that mucks your game up its your own responsablity.

and i may ask someone who made the GTI radar images to make them for Myriad too.

Have Fun, Dont think this is an real release its just an test package that i made in 1 minute. yes Gforce i can click very fast replacing all TXD images files. And i dont use IMG tool to add the files one by one i use Spark to add 10 at once really handy.

So

Cya

Aad.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:22 PM

Edit: Server error

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 09 June 2006 - 09:14 PM Edited by Cerbera, 09 June 2006 - 10:10 PM.

GForce, I don't have time to make custom handling for all cars in GTASA and/or MISA, much as I'd like to. Most of the setups for MIVC cars were crap because they were knocked together by each car author in a few minutes, so there's no point converting them to MISA.

I think all MISA cars should stick very closely to R* style setups so they will all be consistant. Otherwise we'll have hatcbacks (compacts) performing better than the racing cars! tounge.gif

(EDIT) Good luck with the radar map. A rough one would be fine for MISA developers to use while testing lots. A tidy, stylish one would only be needed for the first proper release of MI+GTi+Necrosis release, which is some way off. If somone is willing to make one before then and keep it updated, that's cool too.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 11 June 2006 - 04:04 PM

Ok, nothing much, just a script in a 'working condition'

Clickness

Nothing much changed except I have emptied out mission 0 which had all the cars and pickups in. These are not done thorough IPL's. I would suggest compleatelly redoing all the parked cars positions and pickups.

I have also added more than one script, each with a different start position. There is also the proper GXT file in their aswell.

YA icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users