[Official|REL] Myriad & GTI San Andreas

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
232 replies to this topic
aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:58 PM

Good Work Gforce, hopefully my files are already in there i may first need to check it before installing, Uhm Gforce if you need any help with converting , models, textures or colfiles let me know and i might help to get the work done smile.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 28 March 2006 - 04:42 PM

I've learnt about backing up WIP files the hard way like you, Gforce! Way back in GTA1 modding I occassionally lost big lumps of mission code or made an erroneous Edit > Replace All and saved before I realised it had messed up the code for a later chapter. That's why I added a backups system to CFG Studio - it is VERY EASY to wreck WIP files! colgate.gif

Can this new installer be used directly on a v0.3 install, or do we have to run a Map Cleaner first?

Good job on the continued work, MISA's progress is being kept alive by you.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:22 PM

Mirror. Also added to first post.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Members

Posted 28 March 2006 - 06:41 PM

TO bad my new files arent implemented yett this way i keep adding it myself and the people can never have a try to take a look at some spacefillers, i know you are kinda bussy Gforce but just adding it isnt that difficult it will only replace a few buildings with some higher detailed ones i think the people want to see that since the Grand Tani islands arent fully builded yett i've just finished some stuff but if it just wont be putted in whats the use then of making them confused.gif Hopefully you (*Gforce*) will take a look at them:

topic link is so anyway maybe worth a try since there were numerous colfile probs in my old building.

http://www.gtaforums...1&p=3536386&st=

user posted image

Radz
  • Radz

Softcore Gamer

• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (Gforce @ Feb 21 2006, 17:03)
MI + GTI Installer V0.4

Not Found suicidal.gif

5kedone
  • 5kedone

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:51 AM

link working fine for me downloading as we speak @ 129kbs nice speed

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

(-:-)

• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 03:16 PM

lol, why can't it be done like _vlo?  - GTAuron

It means, that is quite possible to insert a LOD code (bits) from VC in SA. It hard coding, but will be very useful. As I think, information in an exe-file.
I've reduced exe-file size in 3 (!) time (4,67 MB), so we can distribute MISA with new exe-file...

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 03:33 PM

Distributing the exe is illegal

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 03:47 PM

Mick, SA modding is illegal.
R* will not pay attention to our modification.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 March 2006 - 03:49 PM

lol, I meant my q in the rhetoric sense smile.gif . I know it can't be, but it would be so much easier if it could be. - GTAuron

And modding of hardcoded files is illegal, the rest isn't. .exe distribution is a big no-no.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 30 March 2006 - 04:13 PM

Rockstar know a little more than you think Alex, we won't be distributing the .exe file at all with any release of the Myriad Islands modification.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 30 March 2006 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (AleXXX @ Mar 30 2006, 15:47)
Mick, SA modding is illegal.
R* will not pay attention to our modification.
WRong on both counts. Read the End User License Agreement (EULA) at the back of the manuals for GTASA. It expressely allows users to create modifications as long as they don't distribute the executable files. This means we get to be creative and they don't get their game pirated.

Then they can steal all our ideas, call us "determined hackers" and blame us for anything that goes wrong. smile.gif

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

• Members

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:10 AM

WRong on both counts. Read the End User License Agreement (EULA) at the back of the manuals for GTASA. It expressely allows users to create modifications as long as they don't distribute the executable files. This means we get to be creative and they don't get their game pirated.

It was before scandal with Hot Coffee. I am convinced, that you know about gta_sa.exe v 2.0, in which anyone modmaking is closed.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:22 AM

if it's not on the EULA of my version, I declare it legal to mod. I agreed to terms stating it was legal, thus that's what i'll do. I haven't agreed to anything to do with GTA:SA since, so yeah tounge.gif .

Using a patch for V2.0 to make it moddable on the other hand might be illegal, I haven't read the V2.0 EULA.

I got V1.0, which is legal, so mod away I shall smile.gif .
- GTAuron

Oh and R* do care, it's their game engine you'd be whoring, plus they want every excuse to shame us modders even moreso, after their own blunders.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 31 March 2006 - 07:44 PM

GTASA v2.0 doesn't close all modding, it merely protects a few key files to prevent us naughty modders from uncovering any more explicit content R* might have left on the disc. You can still do handling mods, pedestrian behaviour and stuff like that.

Notice how even mentioning R* makes everyone feel more cynical these days? It's almost like their corporate image has been damaged among their key fan base. rolleyes.gif

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2006 - 03:56 AM

as far as i am concerned V2.0 is unmoddable and i won't be supporting it, if anybody is using 1.1 then they are stupid and i wont support them either.

@AleXXX: if gta modding was illegal, gtaforums would not be here and you would not be spamming the hell out of my thread lol.gif as for redistributing exe file's .......... stfu the answer is NO WAY!!

@Mick: a Max Dev-Kit for illcom already exists, i use the original prelighting settings then move the ID coords of the models by X:-600 Y:1100 Y:-6 and export the dff.
one other way you could use the max devkit would be to delete all the illcom models then move the lighting setup by X:-600 Y:1100 Y:-6 .... then use Map-IO to import the MI GTI SA ipl files and you can model your lot directly next to the neighbouring lot on ANY of the island's. unfortunately i do not have the original GTI or illnorth max scene lighting setup's.

my fully populated illcom devkit is a long way from ready wink.gif

there is still no official lighting setup for the entire project .......... illspirit has not released it yet.

@aad:GTI lot releases should be done the same way they have always been done by the GTI member's wink.gif

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 04 April 2006 - 07:00 AM

I finally got around to downloading and installing this (took about 4 times before it actually worked though - after I used the MapCleaner). Good work so far, It would be better if illcom weren't so bare, but converting isn't exactly the easiest or more enjoyable task. Also, don't convert any of my lots, because they are all going under some variety of modification, make them better, fix errors and whatnot.

Again, good work smile.gif

sigar_911
  • sigar_911

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 April 2006 - 02:44 PM

haw do you play the myriad islands rahkstar2.gif

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 05 April 2006 - 02:46 PM

Just download and follow the instructions. Make sure to use the map cleaner wink.gif

Superdude1
  • Superdude1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 April 2006 - 05:41 AM

I would like to know, if this replaces the entire San Andreas story thing, or its a seperate thing that you can uninstall

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 20 April 2006 - 06:17 AM

It replaces everything in SA. If you want to be able to play both MI and SA, copy the entire SA folder so you can have both at the same time.

JO.
  • JO.

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2006 - 02:19 PM

Hey im new to all this,and you guys say you have to download packs and stuff to play.but is there a pack where i can download so i have everything?and will it work for the russian sanandreas?

locO G
  • locO G

LocO by name... But keeping an even keel.

• Members

Posted 23 April 2006 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE (JO. @ Apr 23 2006, 14:19)
Hey im new to all this,and you guys say you have to download packs and stuff to play.but is there a pack where i can download so i have everything?and will it work for the russian sanandreas?

Not as yet. There is a link to download MI+GTI v0.4 installer on the first page of this topic but there's not much in it yet. it's really only for lot modelling.
As for it working in the Russian SA, you tell us.

Watch this space.

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

• Members

Posted 06 May 2006 - 10:00 AM

and will it work for the russian sanandreas?

Да, она работает с русским SA. Устанавливай на чистую СА, и ещё - перед установкой очисть СА с помощью SA Map Cleaner.

Yes, it works.

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:33 PM

first post has been updated tounge.gif

Big_Smoke_GTI
  • Big_Smoke_GTI

[XII]Flame^

• Members

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:25 PM

RRRAAWWWW inlove.gif !

f*ckign awesome Gforce, /me installs

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:43 PM

Shouldn't this be v0.5 rather than v1.0? Topic title could be updated, too.

Downloading now, and getting a healthy transfer rate (averaging ~200kB/s). smile.gif

Gforce
  • Gforce

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 May 2006 - 02:00 PM

@Cerbera: the revision number V1.0 refer's to the test update file and not the baseland installer revision.

@Big_Smoke ............ enjoy smile.gif

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 11 May 2006 - 02:07 PM

Wewt. You rule gforce, nice to see you updating this biggrin.gif And nice to see my lot in there too tounge.gif

Live long myriad!

locO G
  • locO G

LocO by name... But keeping an even keel.

• Members

Posted 11 May 2006 - 02:55 PM

Welcome to Myriad Islands

user posted image

What can I say. When saw all this great work, I nearly cried.

Many thanks to you Gforce. There's nothing more depressing than staring at a blank map.

I haven't seen some of these lots since the old VC days, old friends like the Myriad Post Office, but a great many I've never seen before. Just awesome, bloody awesome.

Here's some pics to whet the appetite.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Everyone on planet Myriad must download this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users