"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2006 - 05:03 PM

Myriad Islands SA V0.5 public beta 1

20th September 2006

user posted image

--- Download ---

See MyriadIslands.com for installation instructions and a list of download mirrors.
More mirrors are welcome (and needed).

in my haste to pack the V0.5 release a couple of my experimental files got included and the water is missing and the targeting system for the weapons is broken.

here is a little patch fix file that repairs things ...................... Download Patch

doubleclick it and point it at your MISA V0.5beta install folder and hit install.

this release will install over any previous installation of MI-SA. (untested on a fresh SA install but it might work.)

installation and game loading speeds vary depending on PC specifications.

built and playtested on the following system specs:-

Athlon XP3000+, 1280mb DDR400, Nvidia 6600GT 256mb DDR3,Soundblaster X-FI Platinum.

Athlon XP3000+, 1024mb DDR400, Nvidia 6600GT 256mb DDR3.

Pentium 4 1700, 768mb Rambus 800, Nvidia FX5200 Ultra 128mb Golden Sample.

tools used.

3D studio Max
Original Myriad Dev-kit for Max by illspirit
Kams Max scripts (Map-io,DFF-IO)
Ocram's Max water script
img2 by REspawn
imgtool2 by spookie and illspirit
Colleditor 2 by steve-m
TXD Workshop by Delfi/JernejL
Mapviewer by steve-m
MEd32b by Tonywob

contains hundreds of updates to illcom, a save point, a few weapons pickups, parked cars and some little surprises ................ also contains plenty of minor bug's and some alpha lot releases.

as you would expect, this W.I.P. release is far from final but this release is the most upto date compilation of the Myriad island's CMP ever released.

Special thanks go to :- Aad, jost vice, locO_G, mickarrow and Snow Racer for giving me feedback from testing, self motivation and updated unreleased files, not forgetting Y_Less for the save point coding and scm advice.

Extra special thanks go to locO_G for his continual help over the last 6 weeks converting ide/ipl lines and models and texture files, especially all the bug bashing side of things where we both spent some very late nights on irc smashing the ingame flicker issue and learning some of the problems that occur when converting VC files to SA and ultimately being surprised at how tolerant the SA engine actually is with file error's !!

Older MI-SA files

Myriad Islands & Gran Tani Islands Release V0.4
for San Andreas

***Updated 11th May 2006***

user posted image

this is a test release and far from a finished version and will be updated on a regular basis as and when an update is ready for release.

MI + GTI Installer V0.4 .......... thanks go to illspirit for the hosting space. smile.gif

Mirror 1

Myriad Islands & Gran Tani Islands Update V1.0
for MI + GTI SA installer V0.4

11th May 2006

MI + GTI test update 1 (Mirror Link 1)

MI + GTI test update 1 --- hosting thanks to ***TGR*** and www.gtawip.net (Mirror Link 2)

Instructions for installing.

1. install San Andreas.
2. run SA Map Cleaner by Steve M on your SA installation
3. install MI + GTI installer V0.4 to your cleaned SA
4. install MI + GTI test update
5. play

Instructions for installing with SA V1.01 UK "No More Hot Coffee" exe fix.

*****Requires "Genuine SA V1.0 UK DVD" ONLY!!!****

1. install San Andreas

2. copy SA V1.0 exe from your main SA install directory into a new SA V1.0 backup folder.

3. download and install the "No More Hot Coffee fix" to the SA V1.0 backup folder.

4. copy over all the files (except the data folder!!) in the backup folder into your main SA folder, allowing those files to be overwritten.

5. run SA Map Cleaner V0.4 by Steve M on your SA installation.

6.install MI + GTI installer V0.4 to your cleaned SA.

7.install MI + GTI test update.

8."Autorun" your SA V1.0 DVD.

9.launch the game from the "Autorun" menu only!!.

***the game will not run from the normal launch icon or a shortcut icon***

this method is not 100% guaranteed to work for every SA V1.0 UK DVD with the 1.01 patch.

the list of contributors past and present for this release is massive and i will attempt to compile a credits list as soon as i can .

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:22 PM

I don't think the map cleaner does need to be ran. The map cleaner deletes certain files from the IMG and removes some lines from gta.dat. The installer replaces both of these fils that have allreday had the map cleaner ran on them so I don't think its needed.

I'll mirror this file again biggrin.gif EDIT: Gah, the file is downloading at less than 10kb/sec

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:37 PM

I too thought that would be the case, admittedly I didn't give much effort into looking into the crash... however, when I ran the package alone the game crashed, when I backed up the files and used Steve's Map Cleaner it ran without problem. If Gforce replaced pretty much all the files, which I gather he has done from the filesize alone the Map Cleaner shouldn't be necessary. Alas, it did crash for me but if others can get it working without the Map Cleaner please post and my previous post can be edited.

As I said I didn't look into why it crashed first time around, it worked with the map cleaner so I jumped to a conclusion. tounge.gif

Oh and excuse the threads jumping around, I did a little "cleaning up".

Edit: If someone can get a few pictures together the MI site can be updated slightly.

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:19 PM

I installed it without map cleaner and it runs smooth biggrin.gif . Thank you GForce!

btw, It took me about ten minutes to download, not very long.

Nice idea to put a temporary 'ghost bridge' between GTI and the northern islands, but why is a ghost bridge running upwards from the north of the plateau next to Black Mesa?

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2006 - 08:57 PM

If I can find the disc space I'll have to give this a go! Sounds like GForce has put a massive amount of work into this; converting file formats is extremely tedious. It must have taken a lot of patience to get this far! tounge.gif

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 February 2006 - 11:05 PM Edited by GTAuron, 21 February 2006 - 11:29 PM.

I'll give this a quick mirror when done too, the d/l server is very slow tounge.gif

EDIT: Clocked it at 4min 57sec. Not THAT amazing for 4meg. 298kbps d/l speed. Uploading now smile.gif

By the way, I don't see any ghost bridge tounge.gif plus I fall through part of illnorth, the far south west part.

This mirror will be up in a min.
- GTAuron

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 22 February 2006 - 05:10 AM

Grrr, hurry up stupid link! ~300k for me. BTW, with the older package, I had numerous problems... confused.gif

tryptomine_sniper
  • tryptomine_sniper

Uber Forum Lurker.

• Members

Posted 22 February 2006 - 05:39 AM

hmm, for me, it only gets halfway through the loading bar, then it crashes, is there anythign that needs to be done, besides possibly using mapcleaner? all files are not read only, so I dunno what else to think.

also, what is the .dll.exe file for? it tells me that it has failed to start because d3ddx9_26.dll was not found.

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:55 AM

If i can get it to work i will post images/screenshots in this post, so this post will be edited. but good work anyway Gforce.

Jorge F.
  • Jorge F.

Dutch Modder

• Members

Posted 22 February 2006 - 11:56 AM Edited by jorge2005, 22 February 2006 - 11:59 AM.

With thanks to the mapcleaner its installed now, but I can't find MI, only GTI sad.gif .
Can someone give me a map or the coords from the other islands sigh.gif ?

Ghostbridge? Where? I don't see one cryani.gif

aad
  • aad

3d artist

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:28 PM

I have just used mapviewer and take a look at where they were easy enough. and there isnt a bridge from what i have seen but i havent checked everything yett

wizkid4590
  • wizkid4590

Myriad Islands

• Members

Posted 22 February 2006 - 01:58 PM

It works for me biggrin.gif

burpicane
  • burpicane

GTI member

• Members

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:07 PM

Is it me or are there no LODs in this release

Jorge F.
  • Jorge F.

Dutch Modder

• Members

Posted 22 February 2006 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (burpicane @ Feb 22 2006, 14:07)
Is it me or are there no LODs in this release

Its not you, only GTI contains LODS wink.gif .
I guess because the LODS of GTI were allready done by the GTI team and the MI team are still busy with converting wink.gif .

tryptomine_sniper
  • tryptomine_sniper

Uber Forum Lurker.

• Members

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:02 PM

tried reinstalling SA on another drive, nothing running, and giving the installer another try, and it still refuses to start, I am now trying another download off of another mirror, and if that doesn't work, then I dunno, but I think there needs to be some sort of read-me or something, cause I think I am missing something somewhere.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:03 PM

My baseland in VC of MI had no LODs either. Of course, the stories the same for the northern islands. Only LODs I had were of already made lots lol tounge.gif .

Mine works..erm..sniper, you installing on a fresh install? You kinda have to. Having said that, I didn't, but only a few files were edited, nothing serious tounge.gif

- GTAuron

mickarrow
  • mickarrow

---

• Members

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:15 PM

What I refered to before as a ghost bridge, seems to be just a dislocated COL blush.gif

tryptomine_sniper
  • tryptomine_sniper

Uber Forum Lurker.

• Members

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:40 PM Edited by tryptomine_sniper, 22 February 2006 - 03:49 PM.

yes, it is a fresh install, or should I say a copy of one, I have my original "untouched" copy in the main HDD, a modded version (just cars and spaces mod on it), and this one which I am trying to get running. so altogether, I have 3 copies of SA.

[EDIT] I noticed on the MI site, it shows the file size as 88.3 MB, but the downloads off of BOTH mirrors end up being only 86.6 MB, I wonder if I am somehow ending up with missing files causing the problems.

chickenplucker
  • chickenplucker

Old school

• Members

Posted 22 February 2006 - 03:56 PM

When putting it on a brand spanking new coph of SA I get the crash at the half load mark too. I just downloaded the map cleaner which I'm hoping will solve it. I did get to see the MI loading screens which was enough to make me happy though! Great work Gforce

tryptomine_sniper
  • tryptomine_sniper

Uber Forum Lurker.

• Members

Posted 22 February 2006 - 04:39 PM

3rd time is a charm I guess, map cleaner did the trick...when it decided to finish without crashing -.-, running smoothly now, but I can't seem to find this "ghost bridge", what are the coor'ds on it?

JostVice
  • JostVice

realtime, not prerendered

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:02 PM

Really nice job gforce, this installer works perfect! and the MI looks very good, some screens from the Norther Island

user posted image

user posted image

And coordinates from the Norther island's mountain, if you cant find it:
481.210600 2531.103000 188.655200

And the rocks texture:

http://img55.imagesh...8/misat31bv.jpg

It is a brick? ph34r.gif

Eclipse_nl
  • Eclipse_nl

Grand Tani Islands

• Members

Posted 22 February 2006 - 09:07 PM

Very nice work GForce inlove.gif

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 February 2006 - 10:37 PM

@Sniper: Mickarrow said the ghost bridge was just a misplaced col on his version. Its not actually there tounge.gif - GTAuron

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 February 2006 - 11:16 PM

let me clarify a few issue's that people have here.

the ghost bridge is indeed just one of a few collision file problem's/bug's that exist as part of the northern islands.

given that illspirit intends to release updated versions of the files i decided it was pointless repairing them, had i realised that the release of the updated files would take this long i would have fixed them long ago, recently i just haven't had time to look into it.

the only LOD files that exist in this release are the LOD's that the GTI team included in the official GTI release.

i will also point out that this release is only a test release for the lot developer's to use for testing their lots on the SA game engine.

i will also look into the reason's why some people may need to use steve-m's Mapcleaner in order to run this, i will eliminate that need in future release's.

thanks for the comment's cool.gif

@GTAuron: the mirror is appreciated .......... thank's smile.gif

RainingAcid
  • RainingAcid

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:05 AM Edited by RainingAcid, 23 February 2006 - 05:04 AM.

So, this very nice. However, do you plan to add an train system anytime soon or so?
Edit: Just installed it. It crashes halfway thru the loading screen.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:22 AM

Question, what's happening with paths? Someone needs to get working on them if there are the final co-ords for myriad and GTI. I'll see if I got Myriad working now, and might be back with screens.

RainingAcid
  • RainingAcid

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:08 AM

This map is bigger than I though=)

AleXXX
  • AleXXX

(-:-)

• Members

Posted 23 February 2006 - 07:36 AM

86mb suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif
I can't download it. Can you upload only MAP and DFF-files?
And what about 2dfx? It's located in DFF-model, so can you create it?

Adriantm
  • Adriantm

Adrian Team

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 23 February 2006 - 03:54 PM

Great !
BIG TNAKS to all! Keep the great work,and i'm sure that you will. inlove.gif

Downloading...

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 23 February 2006 - 05:27 PM

The markers on GTI are still kind of misplaced can I fix it? Can I? Pleassseeee??

Everything looks great btw can't wait untill the rest is converted. -Slurp Slurp, Hmmm... Sprunk!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users