- Have you ever at any point been involved in a GTAF gang unofficial or official?
(If Not whytf are you answering this?):
Quality vs. Quantity , it wasn't initially intended to be a gang it rolled over from a discussion group in the GTA4 section and became a gang over the last year or so.
- Around when did you first join your first gang, did you post around first or immediatly post a Free Agent Topic?
I started the gang but had no prior experience whatsoever, Fuzz had done some time in the Guardians so he sponsored us for the first half or our time on the boards then about half way through I took over fully.
- How many gangs have you been in, which ones?: One. see question 1.
- Have you ever started or lead a gang at any point?: Again.
- Around what era and time would you say the gang scene was the most fun or involved for you?
This last summer with the advent on the now defunct Q -13 project. Summer's are always more interesting because people are on holiday and home a lot more to be active and stir up "situations".
- In the time you were involved did you ever find yourself in any kind of gang rivalries or "wars"?
The closest thing would be the Scorpions in a sort of obtuse way, Insane and Fuzz had gotten into it over something stupid and I never really liked that arrogant "leet" tude they were pushing, which of course extended to someone else who I'll get into in a sec. Honestly, in retrospect the scorps were involved in the PGC if nothing else which is an overall rarity for the officials. I had a problem with some but not all, Goodfella. is exactly that and I felt awful for ISd3d's loss earlier this year. A lot of them have moved on to The Academy which is a group lead by a guy I do like so it's all gravy.
- Which rival gang member (if any) was your greatest challenge or annoyance?:
Anyone who read the Gang Weekly #73 can tell you I went toe to toe with the "bullet-proof ego" and prevailed.
- Being perfectly honest did you ever find yourself at the losing end of a argument involving a gang dispute? Well I handed out gag Valentine's day cards around the PGC in 05' and was temp banned ny Azkoyen which proceeded a lot of sh!t-talking I wasn't able to answer to till I got back and by that time it was old news.
- Being reasonably non-biased, did you ever feel like you "pwned" someone in a dispute? (feel free to pull quotes if you have them on hand) 2 questions back.
- Which Gang-member past or present do you feel is/was..
*multiple answers are fine.
- The best natural leader: When he was still around Vido Corleone with the exception of a few mishaps he used a lot of restraint and sound judgement and passed that on to PG13.
- The best 2nd in command:Phatgordo13, simply because he stuck it out carries on CFM to this very day.
- The best soldier: I can only speak on this for myself as a leader, noodles, chalk and sofa have all been invaluable as of late.
- The most charismatic: inexplicably, anuj.
- The most humorous: Toss up between Otter and sofa_king,
- The most well spoken: Big Gamer, hands down with SWEETSAPRICK a close 2nd.
- The most arrogant: I think there's a certain level of arrogance that you can reach where meglomania starts to plateau. That said, many in the PGC and OGA are residing there as we speak.
- The most irratating: VideoPoker pisses in my coffee every now and again but SWEET assures me he's really an "ok" guy.
- The most aggresive: Kutthroat, but not to me, so I like him. he did accuse me of being Demarest in disguise once after I bitched out EmSixTeen though.
- The most In-the-know: At one time King Kapone, presently I'm working on it.
- The wierdest/original: jizzyman, not a lot of people can make me nervous, this guy is "off". Seriously, read back through his post log and you'll see what I mean.
- The most generic: Anyone posting a FAT after 2 days registered at the forum.
- The most controversial: Osi was.
- Biggest Drama Queen:Antinark/Poncho was/is and I love'em for it.
- Most Helpful inside the PGC:
Um...everyone is lazy as sh!t these days...doing for self and self alone. [/bitter]
- Most Helpful outside the PGC:Wouldn't know I don't get out much these days..
- Biggest Spammer:Mar used to but that vicegirl~ chick kinda took her place recently.
- Most Respected Veteran: Speaking strictly for myself, KK.
- Most Respected Newcomer:Tough to say there are a few motivated people floating around but no ones really sticking out in my mind.
- Best Survivor: Until recently I would have said .Mateo. but they closed shop this week. Now then.. Phatgordo13, that n!gga has outlived all his enemies.
- Most Improved: SWEETSAPRICK, I had no idea from his early posts just what a cool, humble, articulate dude he would end up being.
- Most fallen-from-grace: Insane. The end was sad. Like watching a fish, flop around on the shoreline. imu's execution at The Pit was amazing to watch (participate in) as well.
- Best Kept Secret: When he shows up for work, sofa_king.
- Most trustworthy: Barguast/Naomi- good counselers.
- Most Untrustworthy: Alt.Child really fuct it up for himself recently.
- Most Ambitious: [/innocent]
Which gang past/present, official or unofficial:
Was your favorite: F.B.I. not for there spam-happy thread, just for the individals in their spam happy thread. When they were active I really like the Renegades alot as well.
Is your favorite: QvsQ , of course. If I don't love them, who will?
Was your least favorite: The Boyscout's of America (or any other crapshoot gang that started with a pisspoor concept after 4 weeks in the PGC).
Is your least favorite: The same.
Was/is the most influencial: N.Y.C.C.-top of the foodchain, baby.
Was/is the most innovative: Propaganda. Despite lulling activity and the P.R. nightmare that was Antinark, everything is there for a truly great gang. The voting system, theme and infrastructure are all very dynamic which ironically Poncho was responsible for as well.
Was/is the most controversial: System. You stilll hear whispers (could be my meds though).
Was/is the most fun: In the last 48 hours? TMT.
Was/is the most active: The same.
Had/has the best front page:*buffs fingernails*
Had/has the best sigs & support tags: I used to really like The Renegades though in retrospect I guess they were nothing special.
Had/has the most original theme: QvsQ.
Had/has the most poorly conceived theme: QvsQ. A gang that is NOT a gang is a terrible way to get started, how the hell we made it work I'll never know. And a sh*tty name to boot.
Had/has the best members:At present I think The Academy has some very "interesting" people on board.
Had/has the poorest members:
Celery Family Mafia. It's kinda hard to not double post when there's only 2 members.
What rule being currently enforced would you like to see removed or downgraded on severity of penalty for violation?:
I think goading people into a position where they feel compelled to flame you and then banning them is some weak ass sh*t because you're not playing by the same rules as you're enforcing. "Do as I say, not as I do" has never and will never work. A bit more admin "tolerance" (strictly) within the confines of the PGC would be well appreciated (Just don't tell adam to f*ck off and you'll be fine).
What rule being currently enforced would you like to see become stricter?: Hands down and without a doubt, starting a gang. the right to do so ha been MUCH abused in the last year and I'm getting to the point where a 3 month minimum PGC exp, sounds great but filling out a Gang Application and sending it to the led_by for approval sounds even better.
When the PGC originally formed it was based on the premise that eventually online clans based on a GTA online came that would supposedly come out some time in the near futute. A few years after the fact with no commercially endorsed online MMORPG in sight have PGC "gangs" lost their over-all relevance to gtaforums.com? Yes. The PGC for the most part has nothing to do with GTA. We're tolerated. That may change with the advent of an online game which leads into the next question..
If the day should arrive soon that we do in fact get a Rockstar endorsed online GTA game do you think that would effect the PGC in a positive or negative fashion?:
One of two things would happen, with the surge of people suddenly playing this game the PGC would see a rush of activity unlike anything before OR people would simply be too busy pulling each other out of Banshee's and getting cyber from some hooker in VC to even bother reporting back to their daily group blog, thus the PGC would keel over and die completely.
The original tone of the PGC was very aggresive and mired in subterfuge, a general attitude of questioning authority and being competive and suspicious of outsiders. Presently, it is a decidedly "safer" place with most gangs getting along and most factions "behaving" under an increased admin presence. Which do you prefer and for what reasons. A balance. As stated before, it's great that we can all hold hands and be Kool in the Gang with it. But a tolerance for arguments and e-drama have always been a part of the element, to some undesirable but necessary to the role-playing as we are all arch-types at the end of the day.
Who would you like to see go official in the next gang race? Who would you like to see ousted? QvsQ , for no other reason than it is terribly unlikely. A lot of people say Feroci should get the out because they are recluses who never appreciated the value of what they'd been given in the first place but I'm not a "lot of people" and can't really make a judgement on that. I think the officials know who's sh!t stinks better than anyone else.
What if any new developments or ideals implemented would you like to see in the PGC's future.
I think a lot of the ideas are actually coming around, we've always wanted another publication for variety, we launched the OTS this last month. Me and Fuzz always discussed a radio show, Ottae just launched one in the last day or so. So yea, more of that sort of thing, just people being proactive and contributing some actual work, that's about it for now.