The Chain Game - v1.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
296 replies to this topic
JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2006 - 09:14 PM Edited by JAJ, 24 February 2006 - 11:18 PM.

Mission: Body Harvest
Called by: JAJ
Link: <SAVEGAME>
    Notes:
  • respect + for mission
  • collected ammo
  • bike skill increased
Completion %: 27.27%

thir13en_devil
  • thir13en_devil

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 25 February 2006 - 01:34 AM Edited by thir13en_devil, 25 February 2006 - 02:47 AM.

Mission: small town bank
Called by:thir13en_devil
Link: small town bank
Completion %: 28.88

Notes: bike and drivin skill upgrade game saved in fern ridge she's all done racing is open have fun guy's

quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 February 2006 - 02:57 AM Edited by quartet1977, 25 February 2006 - 04:35 PM.

Mission: Wu Zi Mu
Called by: quartet1977
Link: http://rapidshare.de...GTASAsf8.b.html
Completion: 29.41%

Notes: Beat the first Chiliad Challenge race, collected an M4, and a heat seeking RPG (30 rounds total)

EDIT: I'm sorry, but I didn't see the note in the rules about doing all the Chiliad Challenge races, so I only did the first.

Tornado Rex
  • Tornado Rex

*nix gets the chicks

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 February 2006 - 06:29 AM

Updated to here

Nemesi
  • Nemesi

Great!

• Members

Posted 25 February 2006 - 11:51 AM

At this point King in Exile and First Base should be already done? whatsthat.gif

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2006 - 01:22 PM Edited by JAJ, 25 February 2006 - 01:52 PM.

yeah, I think that's covered in the mission supplement (by crazyanurag) recently added to the first post..... smile.gif

Nemesi
  • Nemesi

Great!

• Members

Posted 25 February 2006 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (JAJ @ Feb 25 2006, 14:22)
yeah, that's covered in the mission supplement (by crazyanurag) recently added to the first post..... smile.gif

Yes, read the supplement (I did the First Date before it and I don't know if I did right... wink.gif ), my question started from the fact I did not see the King In Exile mission post.. (I was just wondering smile.gif )

quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 February 2006 - 02:39 PM

King in Exile isn't really a mission; it's a cutscene in which CJ, Cesar and Kendl meet up in Angel Pine and argue over what's next. Kind of like Fish in a Barrel in Las Venturas, it moves the story along but there's no action. Would be funny if someone had called that mission. Funnier still if we got an SnP request for it.

Nemesi
  • Nemesi

Great!

• Members

Posted 25 February 2006 - 02:48 PM

I know, I know I was just referring to the
(3) Missions not exempt from the 'One Named Mission' rule:

• "King in Exile"
• "Verdant Meadows", as mentioned above
• "Fish in a Barrel"

All of the above are cut scenes, but can be saved after, and so they pass as 'named missions'. It might seem unfair to callers, and it is, but a rule's a rule. We are trying to adhere as strictly to the first draft of rules as possible. Callers are advised that it is best to call these missions and go on a round of collections/unique jumps/deliveries etc. Hence, one should call these instead of only calling, for e.g., "Horseshoes", and speed up the progress of the game.

in the first page...
Anyway, don't mind, go on with the game! tounge.gif wink.gif

gillies
  • gillies

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 February 2006 - 03:05 PM Edited by gillies, 25 February 2006 - 05:15 PM.

Mission: Farewell, My Love...
Called by: gillies
Link: http://rapidshare.de...ASAsf8.zip.html
Notes: Photo ops (50) done, 16 unique jumps in the Badlands/San Fierro area done (the one outside Corvin Stadium is still not done properly, I failed it a few times on a PCJ-600 before I went and got an NRG-500 that I forgot to go and do it again but I'll do it at the same time as the next mission I do if nobody else wants to). I also contacted Katie, and since I was near her house at the right time while doing the last jump in this area I took her on a date.
Completion: 30.48%

thir13en_devil
  • thir13en_devil

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 25 February 2006 - 03:49 PM

ok guy's im sorry but i did ......Against All Odds....Local Liquor Store.....Small Town Bank i added a note about "she's all done the race is open" to my note but i forgot to tell you we are also sopost to be watching san fierro highway for sweat shipment's of drug's im truely sorry for not puttin that in there

quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 February 2006 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (thir13en_devil @ Feb 25 2006, 10:49)
ok guy's im sorry but i did ......Against All Odds....Local Liquor Store.....Small Town Bank i added a note about "she's all done the race is open" to my note but i forgot to tell you we are also sopost to be watching san fierro highway for sweat shipment's of drug's im truely sorry for not puttin that in there

thir13en_devil: You mean you did 3 storyline missions on one call? Isn't this the second time this has happened?

gillies: Thanks for doing the photo ops. I would have started them during my trip up to San Fierro after Wu Zi Mu, but I didn't know they could be done before the SF missions started.

quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 February 2006 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (Nemesi @ Feb 25 2006, 09:48)
I know, I know I was just referring to the
(3) Missions not exempt from the 'One Named Mission' rule:

• "King in Exile"
• "Verdant Meadows", as mentioned above
• "Fish in a Barrel"

All of the above are cut scenes, but can be saved after, and so they pass as 'named missions'. It might seem unfair to callers, and it is, but a rule's a rule. We are trying to adhere as strictly to the first draft of rules as possible. Callers are advised that it is best to call these missions and go on a round of collections/unique jumps/deliveries etc. Hence, one should call these instead of only calling, for e.g., "Horseshoes", and speed up the progress of the game.

in the first page...
Anyway, don't mind, go on with the game! tounge.gif wink.gif

Oh, sorry, I didn't see that. I assumed, wrongly, that it wasn't considered a mission to be called and wouldn't be on the completion list. I'll look at the mission supplement now.

thir13en_devil
  • thir13en_devil

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 25 February 2006 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (quartet1977 @ Feb 25 2006, 12:08)
QUOTE (thir13en_devil @ Feb 25 2006, 10:49)

thir13en_devil: You mean you did 3 storyline missions on one call? Isn't this the second time this has happened?

gillies: Thanks for doing the photo ops. I would have started them during my trip up to San Fierro after Wu Zi Mu, but I didn't know they could be done before the SF missions started.

but it with in this tho

(2) Exceptions to the 'One Named Mission' rule:

•"First Date"
•"First Base"
•"Gone Courting"
•"Made in Heaven"

The above missions are all cut scenes in the Catalina strand in the Badlands. The icons for her missions trigger each of these, in sequence, though it’s up to the caller to decide which of Catalina's jobs they'd want to pull off. In each such case, the caller should call the cut scene (like "First date") and also the job (e.g.: "Local Liquor Store"). The format should be: Missions: First Date/Local Liquor Store. The caller can't help but do a 'double', so to say, as one can't save after the cut scenes, and in these cases the 'one named mission' rule is exempted.

i just didn't call the cut scene to me maybe not to most but i think catalina is a one mission if im wornge then im sorry

Nemesi
  • Nemesi

Great!

• Members

Posted 25 February 2006 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (thir13en_devil @ Feb 25 2006, 17:26)

•"First Date"
•"First Base"
•"Gone Courting"
•"Made in Heaven"

I think this should be intended as:
-First Date+1rob
-First Base+1rob
-Gone Courting+1rob
-Made in Heaven+1 rob

Total= 4 different missions....

Anyway I don't wanna blame anyone, take this just a slight request of explanations to avoid further misunderstanding....

quartet1977
  • quartet1977

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 February 2006 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (Nemesi @ Feb 25 2006, 11:37)
QUOTE (thir13en_devil @ Feb 25 2006, 17:26)

•"First Date"
•"First Base"
•"Gone Courting"
•"Made in Heaven"

I think this should be intended as:
-First Date+1rob
-First Base+1rob
-Gone Courting+1rob
-Made in Heaven+1 rob

Total= 4 different missions....

Anyway I don't wanna blame anyone, take this just a slight request of explanations to avoid further misunderstanding....

Is it correct to say that each time you enter a red marker, you start a mission? An easy guideline, then, to avoid this kind of confusion, is to only enter a red marker once per turn (twice, actually, I guess - first time to start mission, second to end, but that's obvious)

Nemesi
  • Nemesi

Great!

• Members

Posted 25 February 2006 - 05:36 PM Edited by Nemesi, 25 February 2006 - 06:14 PM.

Mission: Are you going to San Fierro?
Called by: Nemesi
Link: -> Here <-
Notes: Respect+ for the mission. Due to the glitch that garages eat custom painting (I've searched through the forum finding that Mothership can be saved, but its painting will not last for long) , I preferred not saving the Mothership to not ruin mission statistic. If you really want them/or know how to save it forever, feel free to re-do the mission...
Completion: 31,02% ,94 saves, 47 missions passed, 54 attempts...

gillies
  • gillies

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 February 2006 - 05:58 PM

I think the rules need to be clarified. I think the cutscene missions should probably be ignored (i.e. activate it, then do the next mission), so should have been the cutscenes for Catalina's missions.

Perhaps a good way to define a "mission" might be as anything that involves doing something (i.e. not just watching a cutscene) when your save game icons are not available, and a named mission is any mission that is either a story mission or a side story mission (i.e. it has a cutscene at the beginning and the end, or, it is a mission that renames the save game file, but there are some exceptions to this such as "8-Track" so to avoid confusion leave it at that). Just write it up as (for an example that is coming up real soon now) "Jizzy" (even though you will do both the cutscene at the garage, then the mission from his club at Battery Point).

While we're on the subject of the rules, I see that this one has been ignored...

Save only once, after having beaten the mission and completing whatever side-stuff you desire.

There were 93 saves for only 45 missions so far in the stats after the last mission I did (I count that there should only have been 29 saves). I have followed this rule so far but I wonder if it is not going to be followed then should it be removed?

thir13en_devil
  • thir13en_devil

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 25 February 2006 - 06:42 PM

so is it safe to say one red maker one mission or am i wronge on that b/c i was under the standing of if the mission call's for more then one thing to be done it was Exceptions to the 'One Named Mission' rule and that was what i was doin but if im wronge plz tell me so i know...thank's guy's this is alot of fun thank's to who ever started it

crazyanurag
  • crazyanurag

okthxbai

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 25 February 2006 - 08:27 PM

wow, i can see that a lot of people are having trouble understanding the rules...first of all, the exceptions to the rules aren't that hard to understand, i would have thought...the Catalina cutscenes were unavoidable for callers, and the paragraph which follows the list of those cutsenes mentions clearly the process to undertake when calling each of them, including a format:

The above missions are all cut scenes in the Catalina strand in the Badlands. The icons for her missions trigger each of these, in sequence, though it’s up to the caller to decide which of Catalina's jobs they'd want to pull off. In each such case, the caller should call the cut scene (like "First date") and also the job (e.g.: "Local Liquor Store") . The format should be: Missions: First Date/Local Liquor Store. The caller can't help but do a 'double', so to say, as one can't save after the cut scenes, and in these cases the 'one named mission' rule is exempted.

the highlighted portion refers to the point: (a)call the cutscene, and (b)call the mission you'll attempt after it...i can't understand the confusion over this, and why thir13en_devil would construe the entire Catalina strand as a single mission, regardless of whether there were rules or no rules...

@quartet1977: yes, it would be wrong to equate a red marker with a mission. CJ enters red markers to eat, to buy ammo, in the gyms, with girlfriends, on stadium missions, while exporting cars, on deliveries etc....gillies hit the nail right on the head...anything that changes the name of your save file is a 'named mission'...

@gillies: thanks mate, for bringing the save descripancy into light...i've stayed true to it as well, but i must admit i didn't check that stat...i'm sure it's from people who do the extra stuff after they complete the mission they've called, and save beforehand lest anything goes wrong...all i can say to callers is, please respect the rules: the game is for your enjoyment, and nothing else....
as regards your comments on the missions...these were all considerations during the development stage of the Chain Game, and JAJ, Plaka, AJ (and myself) all put in our views and deliberations to decide in the end that the cutscenes which change the save names should count as 'named missions'

@thir13en_devil: if you don't know whose idea the game is, it'd be a good idea for you to read the first post...this post also contains the rules, which i think you should read and understand carefully

also, if anyone has problems with the rules, feel free to PM me, or JAJ, and we'd be delighted to entertain your questions...but please make sure you understand the rules before doing a mission, and not ask questions later

anyways, keep going and enjoy playing!

You'll Never Walk Alone

gillies
  • gillies

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 February 2006 - 08:40 PM

as regards your comments on the missions...these were all considerations during the development stage of the Chain Game, and JAJ, Plaka, AJ (and myself) all put in our views and deliberations to decide in the end that the cutscenes which change the save names should count as 'named missions'

That's OK and it is of course your decision to make. I thought I'd post to see what you guys thought about it anyway after the confusion it has caused.

i'm sure it's from people who do the extra stuff after they complete the mission they've called, and save beforehand lest anything goes wrong

I expected that was your intention - to discourage anyone from doing too much non story content all at once.

This game has my ultimate time for Badlands B - 2:34, that's a total of six seconds faster than my previous best. biggrin.gif (someone else will now proceed to rain on my parade and post a considerably better time).

Nirvana1929
  • Nirvana1929

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 February 2006 - 10:15 PM Edited by Nirvana1929, 25 February 2006 - 11:01 PM.

Mission: Wear Flowers In Your Hair
Called by: Nirvana
Link: http://rapidshare.de...GTASAsf1.b.html
Notes: Mission completed, and zeros property bought, also drove around a bit to raise driving some
Completion: 32.09%

Nemesi
  • Nemesi

Great!

• Members

Posted 25 February 2006 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE (gillies @ Feb 25 2006, 21:40)
This game has my ultimate time for Badlands B - 2:34, that's a total of six seconds faster than my previous best. biggrin.gif (someone else will now proceed to rain on my parade and post a considerably better time).

Don't worry, my best was 5.06... blush.gif

thir13en_devil
  • thir13en_devil

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 25 February 2006 - 11:17 PM

well i was wronge but i been there befor i thought it was ok to do all of her's sent's it open all of them up i guess i misunderstood the rule on that but no biggie

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2006 - 03:02 AM Edited by JAJ, 26 February 2006 - 05:08 AM.

Mission: Air Raid
Called by: JAJ
Link: <SAVEGAME>
Notes:
  • $3000 mission reward
  • Purchased property in Doherty, Hashbury, & Paradiso
  • Shotgun to hitman level
  • Freeway stored in Paradiso for import/export
  • Saved at garage
Completion %:34.22%

ajkhan316`
  • ajkhan316`

CSMY : Saiko Komon

• Members

Posted 26 February 2006 - 03:44 AM Edited by ajkhan316`, 26 February 2006 - 03:58 AM.

That's OK and it is of course your decision to make. I thought I'd post to see what you guys thought about it anyway after the confusion it has caused.

It is OK. Any suggestions are welcomed. And believe me we thought of this when the game was in its developement stage. I know it would be unfair if you just have to do a cutscene for a mission to end (exception Catalina's mission) but as you are given leeway to do anything else your heart desires in that 3 hours, I don't think there should be any problem.

And in regards to this, I assume "First Base" cutscene has already been completed by thir13en_devil who did "Small Town Bank" so I am gonna tick off that mission and add his name next to it. If this is not the case then tell me.

- FiJiAn 4 LiFe

edit : I didn't realise that thir13en_devil had done 3 story-line missions in one go. But as it was due to confusion and an honest mistake on your part, I am gonna let that go.

Can someone tell me if "King in Exile" is done or not?

First Port Updated till Here

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:02 AM Edited by JAJ, 26 February 2006 - 06:15 AM.

Can someone tell me if "King in Exile" is done or not?

AJ: I was messing around after I posted "Body Harvest" and went to the CV icon and found that it was "King in Exile", so thir13en_devil must have done it 1st and then did "First Date", then the first robbery mission...
That's the order that the Brady guide has too.

Edit:
I added ( thir13en_devil) to the check list...

thir13en_devil
  • thir13en_devil

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:47 AM

yeah i done that one

thir13en_devil
  • thir13en_devil

Square Civilian

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 26 February 2006 - 03:54 PM

Mission: 555 we tip
Called by:thir13en_devil
Link: 555 we tip
Completion %: 35.29

Notes: done new look for cj to make him look more out for san fierro...if you have the hummer on ur game i parked one in the garage nothing new to report other then that

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2006 - 04:59 PM

First Post updated to here

ZR-350 in Doherty garage added to import/export list

Couldn't find the 'Hummer' unless it's the Landstalker in the Doherty garage and that's not on the import/export list...
smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users