» «
Photo

GTA:LC Launcher

115 replies to this topic
Hammer83
  • Hammer83

Hustler

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:39 PM Edited by SteaVor, 06 November 2007 - 08:20 PM.

Launcher Update (June 26, 2006)

Here is where you can get the latest versions of both the launcher and the source codes.

We now have support for every known Vice City executables. So everybody should now be able to play this mod. Also, the replay bug is now fixed (sort of).

EDIT by Ben:

There is a problem with the audio paths in this download. Go to Show Config, click Advanced, and go to the Audio tab. In the bottom right-hand corner, click Verify Paths. There will most likely be 2 errors:
AUDIOLC\POLICE.MP3 is not found

and
AUDIOLC\MISCOM.MP3 is not found

To fix these, simply replace the MP3 with WAV in the path box (if you have GTA3 audio), or click Restore (if you don't have GTA3 audio).

This is a simple ini file fix though, so Hammer should be able to release an update to it soon icon14.gif .

Also, note that the replay feature might not work in debug mode (but it definitely works in normal game mode). Before doing any testing, might I recommend getting the latest version of the code - DBUG.SCM (7th or 8th March, 2006) and MAIN.SCM (13th or 14th March 2006), depending on where you live wink.gif .

To use the debug scm, go to Show Config -> Advanced ->Debug, and tick the "Use Debug Scm".

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 09 July 2005 - 09:18 AM

G'day, this post is mainly directed to Hammer. I'm hoping your experience in this area of modding the exe might be able to finalise the intro movie (showing the Callaghan bridge being blown apart) so it plays as it does in gta3. At the moment (as Im sure you are aware, the police van is not visible, which is the main difference, not to mention a few others). I can't seem to get an answer anywhere else, so maybe you would be so kind wink.gif and tell me if you think you or another member of the LC team might be able to correct this problem.

For those of you who read every new post in the Liberty City forum, you might think im benig a bit obsessive over this, but i just think the game feels incomplete without this being fixed. I know there are other issues, but they are relatively minor and most could probably be easily corrected - check out my post in the Frequently Asked Questions thread. If anyone thinks they might be able to answer my queries in that thread, i would be very grateful. Thanks. colgate.gif

Hammer83
  • Hammer83

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 05:06 AM

This problem is unsolvable atm, but everyone on LC team is aware of it. Car movements were done through gta3.exe and unlike opcodes are very tough to restore.

poohead
  • poohead

the gran poo-bah

• Members

Posted 10 July 2005 - 07:30 PM

does this version include the blur affect, the blue arrow, and the full screen menus?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (Hammer83 @ Jul 10 2005, 15:06)
This problem is unsolvable atm, but everyone on LC team is aware of it. Car movements were done through gta3.exe and unlike opcodes are very tough to restore.

Ok no worries - good luck with getting that fixed. Wish i could help, but im just a noob with no modding experience, so i guess i'll just sit this one out! wink.gif

Talidan
  • Talidan

Taliban representative for the GTAF community

• Members

Posted 11 July 2005 - 11:04 PM

could you by any chance document some of the hex codes you found? im trying to make a .dll or something similar to edit specific things. you have covered them all in here.

here are some im looking for

*Ammo text colour (under the weap icon)
*Vehicle/Area text colour (the text that appears when you enter a car with the name of it, and locatoin)
*Loading bar colour
*Radar blip colour (if oyu have it)
*Straightening out Vehicle/Area text
and although i think these are multiple opcodes, and im not really worried about them, if possible could you give the menu text colour and highlight colour

sorry if this is a lot to ask but i cant tell with your source and the memory address topic is too long and disorganised to go through. if you cant or dont have time please just say and ill go thru the mem add topic instead of waiting for a reply

thanks

CTM
  • CTM

A ringing phone has to be answered, doesn't it?

• Members

Posted 13 July 2005 - 03:58 PM

Hey there Hammer, any news on the radio station problem in the launcher? It looks like this could be a bitch to track down, so no worries if there hasn't been any progress... confused.gif

*Marijn*
  • *Marijn*

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 July 2005 - 10:03 AM

Could anyone tell me where the post is for the fixed "gta-lc.ini". I have V5 now. biggrin.gif

I start the game. I will see a messagebox ( in windows ) that i need the Vice cd!
now. I have chances a3_ss.mp3 to a3_ss.wav. Now i get the error that i need the vice CD ingame! sad.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 15 July 2005 - 10:17 AM

It's linked in the first post of the Current status thread (right under a giant IMPORTANT text). Here is that link.

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 15 July 2005 - 12:36 PM

You need to see if you can get mods/admins to stick a nice big pop-up on the forum so people can't miss it!

Hammer83
  • Hammer83

Hustler

• Members

Posted 16 July 2005 - 03:59 AM

QUOTE (Talidan @ Jul 11 2005, 18:04)
could you by any chance document some of the hex codes you found?  im trying to make a .dll or something similar to edit specific things. you have covered them all in here.

*Vehicle/Area text colour (the text that appears when you enter a car with the name of it, and locatoin)
*Loading bar colour
and although i think these are multiple opcodes, and im not really worried about them, if possible could you give the menu text colour and highlight colour

sorry if this is a lot to ask but i cant tell with your source and the memory address topic is too long and disorganised to go through.  if you cant or dont have time please just say and ill go thru the mem add topic instead of waiting for a reply

thanks

It's all commented in source, files GTAMemory.pas and uLCLaunch.pas

CTM, nothing yet.

Talidan
  • Talidan

Taliban representative for the GTAF community

• Members

Posted 16 July 2005 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (Hammer83 @ Jul 16 2005, 03:59)
QUOTE (Talidan @ Jul 11 2005, 18:04)
could you by any chance document some of the hex codes you found?  im trying to make a .dll or something similar to edit specific things. you have covered them all in here.

*Loading bar colour

sorry if this is a lot to ask but i cant tell with your source and the memory address topic is too long and disorganised to go through.  if you cant or dont have time please just say and ill go thru the mem add topic instead of waiting for a reply

thanks

It's all commented in source, files GTAMemory.pas and uLCLaunch.pas

CTM, nothing yet.

ahh thanx

Hammer83
  • Hammer83

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 December 2005 - 03:48 PM Edited by Hammer83, 03 December 2005 - 03:51 PM.

Launcher Update (December 3, 2005)

Binary (445 kb)
Source Code (82 kb)
VCOpcode Source Code (62 kb)

The new launcher includes beta support for Australian executable (thanks to Shintoz, who provided me with it). I don't have time to test it so I ask Australian users of LC to report bugs in Bug Reporting thread. When reporting a crash, include a few lines from the crash log (should include crash address, registers and a top 5 mission script lines). Thank you.

Most people need to download only the first file. The last two are not needed to run GTA-LC.

PS: Craig, can you update the first post, please?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 03 December 2005 - 07:07 PM

Good work (as usual) Hammer. It's awesome to finally have support for our friends down under. And I updated the first post for you as well (even though you can update your own posts tounge2.gif )

Hammer83
  • Hammer83

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 December 2005 - 07:54 PM

I can't update the hint under the topic, it still says updated on January 18, 2005.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:09 PM

Oh yeah... I forgot about that part. blush.gif It's done now.

--Cole--
  • --Cole--

stfu n00b lol

• Members

Posted 10 December 2005 - 11:07 PM

Look at this: Activating Trails / Motion Blur Option

Trails was a real GTAIII thing, which would make it an official LC thing, so...could it be coded into the launcher?

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 11 December 2005 - 02:24 AM

We probably could. Does anybody want trails as an option?

Hammer83
  • Hammer83

Hustler

• Members

Posted 11 December 2005 - 04:01 AM

Notice the "Please note..." part of that message. It seems that trails are not fully supported by VC engine. It will just create more problems and more posts of people asking why it doesn't work as expected.

PS: I hated trail effect in GTAIII smile.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 11 December 2005 - 09:46 AM

Perhaps it could be done as an unofficial mod (if that's possible). Personally, I hated the effect as well, but if some people want it, and it's possible, why not make it unofficial? I guess that's something that can be looked into in more detail after the final version is released.

--Cole--
  • --Cole--

stfu n00b lol

• Members

Posted 11 December 2005 - 09:20 PM

Well it is an option after all. You could turn it off in the menu settings if you don't like it. But it would be nice to have the choice.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 December 2005 - 12:23 AM

i agree with cole. i only used the trails some of the time. but it did hurt my eyes with my crappy gfx card. you could make it official and have it an option in the options menu. oh yeah, what about "Frame Sync". or can an ybody explain to me what that did? happy.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 16 December 2005 - 02:13 AM

Hammer, you'd probably know about this for sure, but I'll post here in case anyone else does as well.

I posted in the VC general discussion forum to see if anyone knew of versions of VC that were censored, and I got a reply which reminded me of a trick you can use to get around the censored exe - change your PC's regional settings to say you live in the USA. This unlocks all of the features of the US version for me in Australia. I was wondering if this would work as a temporary work-around for other censored versions in order to get LC working. I don't have a copy of the original v5 launcher so I can't test this out, but someone else who owns an Australian version and hasn't updated their launcher may be able to. If it works (by changing the regional settings, and then loading LC), at least it can be used initially for any German or French players in the future until the issues with those versions are fixed. Does this sound viable? I dunno - it seems too easy to actually work.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 16 December 2005 - 05:24 AM

I'd rather not change the users' settings.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 16 December 2005 - 07:23 AM

Ok that's cool smile.gif . We don't have this problem at the moment (yet) - I mean, we haven't had an overwhelming response to the request for help with getting LC to work for German and French players. I was just curious to know that if the issue ever did arise, would this work as a temporary work-around - say Hammer was busy and couldn't update the launcher - in the meantime, these people could still play LC.

Don't worry about it Hammer.

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 16 December 2005 - 02:55 PM

It could work, but also it may not as the EXE is different so the offsets will be different, it will probably be dodgey. And the launcher supports the Australian EXE now.

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:09 AM

any german players out there? whatsthat.gif
cool to hear this can work with the australian version. i think somebody needs to edit the first post on the "Download the mod Here Topic" it says that the installer does not work with australian version

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 17 December 2005 - 08:31 AM

I was going to do that, but the first post only has links to v5b, not the updated launcher. So, if someone downloaded only v5b and not the updated launcher, and it didn't work, they'd probably whinge. It's just easier for now. When v6 is publicly released (as in, not just for testing) someone will update the first post then and it won't have anything about issues with the Australian version - there will only be potential issues with the German or French versions, unless someone helps out with us getting that fixed. <- That was the longest sentence, sorry tounge.gif !

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 December 2005 - 03:26 AM

Ah, ok then. i messed up a post and posted that in 2 different topics, oops!
i see what you mean, having the link to v5 there, without the australian version of the launcher. there would be some major confusion and a cluster of new HELP ME topics.

shintoz
  • shintoz

Eater of gourmet pizza

• Members

Posted 19 December 2005 - 03:09 AM

I have finally got to play gta:lc with an australian version of the game. I've played 5b with the new launcher and it has run without a hitch so far. Great work Hammer83!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users